Author Topic: Random Bickering with your hosts Frank and HAL  (Read 2235 times)

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
Random Bickering with your hosts Frank and HAL
« on: August 08, 2012, 12:31:19 PM »
Did you all notice what team's pic he used when he challenged whether it was a sport or not?

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Random Bickering with your hosts Frank and HAL
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 12:56:02 PM »
Did you all notice what team's pic he used when he challenged whether it was a sport or not?

A part of me wants to smite you for this; for all anyone knows he chose it innocuously. However, you may be correct. So, I'm holding back the smite. But I soooo want to 'cause you still seem to be bullying him over his objections of the U.S, which he has a right to just as we have a right to our objections of other nations other than our own, or of our own.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 01:35:15 PM »

You really need to see a head shrinker. Your obsession with me is turning you into a lunatic. Not everything is about America.

I used the picture because it was on the LA Times site. Get a life FFS!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-oly-day-eleven-best-pictures-11-20120807-001,0,7992741.photo
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 01:35:36 PM »
A part of me wants to smite you for this; for all anyone knows he chose it innocuously.

Nam I don't give a rat's ass about Darwin points - they mean absolutely nothing to me.

And of course he's America bashing. Of course he is. He's pissed that the Americans won Gold and Silver in the event, so of course he put up that picture and couched it in terms of asking why it's a sport. Don't be so naive.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »
How did you jump on volleyball with so many other "sports" that are more iffy.

Because the Americans won Gold and Silver. It's as clear as can be.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »
You really need to see a head shrinker. Your obsession with me is turning you into a lunatic. Not everything is about America.

It  seems to be with you. Take your own advice.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 01:41:18 PM »

It  seems to be with you. Take your own advice.

I give up. I thought I was starting a light hearted thread and you turned it into an arguement. You're completely deranged.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 01:43:28 PM »
A part of me wants to smite you for this; for all anyone knows he chose it innocuously.

Nam I don't give a rat's ass about Darwin points - they mean absolutely nothing to me.

And of course he's America bashing. Of course he is. He's pissed that the Americans won Gold and Silver in the event, so of course he put up that picture and couched it in terms of asking why it's a sport. Don't be so naive.

I'm gonna wait the hour and smite you for this. This is just ridiculous based on your idiotic opinion of Frank's thoughts on the matter that you do not know is fact unless he's actually said it and even if he did say it, it isn't deserving of a smite to you. And, if the karma system didn't mean anything to you, you wouldn't participate in it.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 01:45:30 PM »
I give up. I thought I was starting a light hearted thread and you turned it into an arguement. You're completely deranged.

Your giving up America bashing?

Frank you are not fooling me. And it doesn't mater what paper the picture came from, it's the picture you chose. You don't like America, it's obvious from the posts you make all the time - guns, religious nutters here - it's always America that's the problem with you. Don't try to act surprised when you get called out on your hatred of America.

So get off it and focus on some other topics for a while, becasue I'm not going to back off calling you out on it. In fact I just reported you for instigating these arguments about America. I hope they do something about it.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »

Which is why you don't bother to give them out, of course...

HAL (+70/-8) Nam (+27/-14)  Idiotic complaint in-thread In topic Today at 01:36:27 PM
HAL (+70/-8) Frank (+38/-20)  Lame excuse for America bashing In topic Today at 01:36:02 PM
HAL (+70/-8) Frank (+38/-20)  Looks like more America bashing to me In topic Today at 12:34:14 PM

PS:  I do expect to be smited for this.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
I'm gonna wait the hour and smite you for this.

I don't give a rats ass about Darwins. I give them out becasue other people care about them.

This is just ridiculous based on your idiotic opinion of Frank's thoughts on the matter that you do not know is fact unless he's actually said it and even if he did say it, it isn't deserving of a smite to you.

So is your opinion. I don't care.

And, if the karma system didn't mean anything to you, you wouldn't participate in it.

I don't give a rats ass about Darwins.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:53:05 PM by HAL »

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 01:48:24 PM »

Frank you are not fooling me.

No. Apparently I'm not. You're far too clever for me.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
Re: Is beach volleyball a sport?
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 01:49:02 PM »
Which is why you don't bother to give them out, of course...

I give them out because others care about them. Give me 100,000 Darwins - I don't give a rat's ass about them.

In fact I officially request that my profile be changed so I have -100,000 Darwins. Please give them to me

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
Re: Re: Is beach volleyball a sport?
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »
Azdgari,

I doubt you will be but who knows.

-Nam

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »
So HAL does, in a sense, care about Darwins.  If he didn't then not only would he care about what others think of theirs, but he wouldn't want -100k of them on his profile.

Hell, I might as well post.  I'm subscribed to read this shitstorm on my new-replies list now anyway.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 01:55:05 PM »
So HAL does, in a sense, care about Darwins.  If he didn't then not only would he care about what others think of theirs, but he wouldn't want -100k of them on his profile.

That's a bat-ass stupid reasoning!

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 02:14:47 PM »
So you don't care enough about darwins to actually want -100k of them?

Get it straight, man.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 02:20:35 PM »
Are you going to have another attack of last-post-itis today?

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »
Isn't that what this thread is for?  :o

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 02:37:09 PM »
This is actually getting pretty ridiculous. I was kinda hoping this would have stopped by now.

Between HAL & Frank. Frank said this:

Well maybe I can be a little shrill at times. I have strong feelings about this particular subject because I think many other bad things flow from it and I also don't like to see people being needlessly killed. But I do not wish to cause conflict if it can be helped. I will try to temper my posts in future.

This might be a good place to start to end your bickering. HAL clearly has a problem with Frank's posts when it comes to America and in the past I know he hasn't been the only one. I don't think HAL has handled it maturely as he could have done (I don't mean to offend, but if I am going to be perfectly honest, I don't think you have).

As for HAL vs Nam, I'm not even sure what the problem is there. I know Nam feels bullied by HAL as suggested in another thread - I still don't see it that way, but I think to a degree, yes, HAL does seem to target Nam, whether it was meant originally as banter or to wind Nam up, I do not know, but at this present point, it is obvious that the two do not get along. I do not know the source.

But I think it needs to be dealt with because it's just flooding into the forum. I know there's 2 sides to every story. For the love of the non-existent God, this isn't the Jeremy Kyle Show and if it were, couldn't somebody at least slept with somebody else's wife?

I do realise I could put the 3 of your on ignore, but I like to think I like the 3 of you and you are all capable of making good and interesting points in discussions. If that weren't the case, then I would. So want me to ignore you? Make me hate you and only say stupid things from now on.

“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 02:45:42 PM »
I honestly don't know why I'm being picked on. I'm pointing out exactly what I perceive as trolling certain people by the way Frank couches his posts. I feel I'm being trolled by Frank. Why doesn't he get "watched"? Why doesn't he get in trouble? What have I done but tell the truth to the world about Frank's modus operandi here.

I mean come on - posting a picture of the American team who won gold, and then questioning why the sport they won a gold in is really a sport? I feel that's trolling also. Everyone knows he jumps all over America all the time. Sheesh.

Then the same SEAL team members get in lock-step to come down on me. Who's the one being ganged up on? It's 3 or more on one - and I'm the bully? Come on people.

I'm all for straightening this mess out but who's going to be the honest broker between us all?

Somebody out there must see my side of the story.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 02:55:59 PM »
Seppuku,

Ever since the Hal vs Nam topic, Hal has since stopped his "bullying" of me; I think based on the fact I recognize that's what he was doing, and for a bully of his intellect: there's no fun in it, at that point. I could be wrong.

I have no problem with Hal, other than his obvious excessive negativity towards certain members of this website. Hell, I don't think Frank or really anyone has a problem with Hal. Hal has a problem with us.

'We", that I know of, didn't start anything with him: he started it with us. Perhaps he thinks us weak, well, I'm not weak. And, I will stand up for myself, and others. And, those who come to Hal's defense either are blind to his obvious negativity toward certain members or they just don't want to believe he's actually doing what some of us are accusing of him of doing. I don't know. Nor, do I care.

We, as free thinkers, have a right to our opinions and if someone doesn't agree then civil debate is warranted, not extreme acts of negativity.

Take that as you will.

-Nam

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 03:05:14 PM »
Seppuku,

Ever since the Hal vs Nam topic, Hal has since stopped his "bullying" of me; I think based on the fact I recognize that's what he was doing, and for a bully of his intellect: there's no fun in it, at that point. I could be wrong.

See, this is unfair. I tried to be nicer to Nam and this is what I get? Now it's all explained because I"m not having fun at it anymore? This is just sowing more bad vibes.

C'mon. I'm just as bullied and dissed as the people accusing me. By more than one too. It's usually the same group that jumps on me. How is it I'm a bully when people bully me, at least more then 3 or 4 at once?

I have no problem with Hal, other than his obvious excessive negativity towards certain members of this website. Hell, I don't think Frank or really anyone has a problem with Hal. Hal has a problem with us.

You have negativity towards other members as well.

'We", that I know of, didn't start anything with him: he started it with us. Perhaps he thinks us weak, well, I'm not weak. And, I will stand up for myself, and others. And, those who come to Hal's defense either are blind to his obvious negativity toward certain members or they just don't want to believe he's actually doing what some of us are accusing of him of doing. I don't know. Nor, do I care.

We, as free thinkers, have a right to our opinions and if someone doesn't agree then civil debate is warranted, not extreme acts of negativity.

Take that as you will.

See, this isn't fair at all. He just said he has a right to his opinions yet I can't have the same right? He's just as uncivil as me. He even said he was an asshole.

I never said I was one, nor did I say I was a bully. That's just something people made up becasue it was there opinions. OK, so what?

See the double standard?

Anyway, this won't fix the problem. We need an honest broker. Bickering between us isn't going to solve it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:12:22 PM by HAL »

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:14:28 PM by mrbiscoop »
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »
Yea that's what I'd like but Nam isn't interested in solving this. Of course that's my fault also I guess. I've got a PM in to a friend who might be an honest broker.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »
Hal,

Keep playing the victim. Your words speak for themselves.

-Nam

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 03:16:57 PM »
Hal,

Keep playing the victim. Your words speak for themselves.

^^^ see? I hope the mods are watching this. I'm trying to come to an agreement but Nam is fighting me tooth and nail.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 03:25:44 PM »
See, the title of this topic is misleading; not really the fault of the person who wrote it but Frank just posted a topic mentioning "Volley Ball", and yes the picture shows the U.S. team but that doesn't mean anything, and Hal makes a negative comment towards Frank about the picture he used.

Frank started nothing. He didn't even mention americans, Hal did. So, the title should read:

"Hal's Constant Obsession with Frank" -- since, really, the only one "bickering" was Hal.

-Nam

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »
Okay, would all parties be willing to set aside their previous differences, accept that maybe they've played a part in this mess and start anew and try to respect one and another? Obviously respect is earned, but if you're able to lay down your differences on these issues, maybe it'll be much easier.

Or do we actually need to fix something more underlying here? As in, not something that's so easily forgotten? I am getting the feeling if you guys are gonna solve this, there needs to be a referee and maybe some rules put in place so 1) things don't get out of hand 2) people can work towards an agreement.

How do you guys feel about that?
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.