Author Topic: Bible Characters  (Read 3267 times)

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
Re: Bible Characters
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »
I'm with Greybeard on this one. The Preacher of Qohelet sounds an interesting guy to have a few beers with. I saw someone a video a day or two ago (I can't remember where though) in which the speaker told us that this book was written by David. I' sure it wasn't but it would be nice to ask the guy and get the right answer instead of conjecture - at least once!
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +469/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »
Graybeard,

I bet your sudden interest in this old thread was to remove my topic from view.  It's so obvious. hehehehehehehehehehe
Always remember that just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.

You are dealing with the Illuminati Lodge of the Freemasons who control your mind by con-trails produced at Area 51 and know Bigfoot was behind JFK’s assassination… but I have said too much…
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-80
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2013, 05:21:43 PM »
I would be Rogue from X Men.  That's my interest.  I wouldn't want to be any biblical character.  Aphrodite from Greek mythology and I love Xena princess warrior.

Peace out! :P
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline changeling

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +15/-0
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 02:53:40 AM »
If you could pick a character from a bible story (other than Jesus - too easy) to hang out with (if he/she were real) who would it be & briefly why?

Since you asked who we would want to hang out with and not who we would want to be,
I would go to the top. I want to hang out with God and find out why he had such stupid
solutions to every problem. I would ask him why it is good to kill women and children and why it
is O.K. to beat your slave as long as he doesn't die in two days, or for that matter why it
is good to have a slave at all.

I would have so many questions to ask God that I would use up my eternal afterlife.

Changeling
The level of dumb they have to sell, is only made remotely possible by the level of flocking their sheep are willing to do in the name of rewards for no thought. quote: Kin Hell

"Faith is the enemy of evidence, for when we know the truth, no faith is required." Graybeard

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 04:23:54 AM »
I would be Rogue from X Men.  That's my interest.  I wouldn't want to be any biblical character.  Aphrodite from Greek mythology and I love Xena princess warrior.

Peace out! :P

Sounds like cheating to me June, The question was a choice of bible characters not of any fictional characters. There are some really nice people in tbhe bible you know.
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-80
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 08:28:17 AM »
Well we can't have me cheating.  I would be the lady that washed Jesus's feet with her hair.  I don't know why?  I guess because she was just there.  It didn't seem like such a hard question until I started thinking about it. lol :laugh:   
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +469/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2013, 08:42:36 AM »
It didn't seem like such a hard question until I started thinking about it. lol :laugh:

Not to take a cheap shot, but I think that is your whole problem -> everything is obvious to you until you think about it. Remember, "Thinking is good."
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-80
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2013, 09:04:58 AM »
It didn't seem like such a hard question until I started thinking about it. lol :laugh:

Not to take a cheap shot, but I think that is your whole problem -> everything is obvious to you until you think about it. Remember, "Thinking is good."

You can think too much GB.  Any thing in access seems to be bad for you.  But good solid point.
Thomas Paine

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +622/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 09:09:07 AM »
I would be Rogue from X Men. 

I would be the lady that washed Jesus's feet with her hair. 

heh.  If Rogue washed jesus' feet she'd absorb his mutant powers...
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-80
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2013, 09:31:30 AM »
I thought I wasn't allowed to be Rogue. Really good point though!  She could move mountains and walk on water how cool is that!!!

I feel like singing that song You're Gonna Love Me right now but I don't think I could pull that one off.  Jennifer Hudson does such an amazing job I would just mess it up.  Maybe I try too hard. I Can't Make You Love Me If You Don't

I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want, I want a, I want a, what i really want to do is Giggy, giggy boom bah!!!  Spice Girls!

I hope you have all you ever dream of...I really, really do!!!  That goes for every body!!! Unless you dream I'm dead.  In that case I hope not, just saying. 

Sweet Dreams! I like Patsy Cline and the Eurythmics!  I've done them both at karaoke.  Fun times right I don't care who you are, good times. 
Thomas Paine