Author Topic: The "This is my last post" Syndrome  (Read 2017 times)

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
Re: The "This is my last post" Syndrome
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 06:28:25 PM »
Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.

How can you say that when they already are?

And, you still haven't answered whether you were dishonest or undisciplined.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »
Perhaps before but that's because I didn't know who/what you actually are. You're not a prick, I retract that. You are a bully, ans I think you've been one most of your life. But, I know how to respond to bullies: I have a lifetime of practice.

You lose. Congratulations.

And, because I found out this information based on this topic, I've decided to stay indefinitely. So, thank you.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 06:34:32 PM »
If anyone is following this, don't worry about me and Nam. If you've ever seen the last epic scene in the last Matrix movie where Neo battles Smith, that's basically what your witnessing here.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »
I think they know what they are witnessing: your control over people here,

What control? What are you talking about? I can't control anyone. How am I controlling anyone? Do I have powers that I'm not even aware of? Did I force you to enter this thread? You ARE undisciplined after all.

Nam, you said yourself you are an asshole. You say I'm a bully. In the end you are no better than I am, if that's true. You don't have a leg to stand on, in the righteous Dept.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 07:21:28 PM »
I'm an asshole 'cause I'm upfront, honest in my opinion and views of things, and I will argue a point endlessly. Also, I seem to be indifferent, at times concerning peoples emotions. That's what makes me an asshole. I don't bully people. Never have. Sometimes people have misinterpreted my words as being just that but after they get to know me they realize that's not what or who I am.

By you manipulating a conversation of others to your viewpoint makes it you controlling not only the discussion at hand but the whole topic, as well. By you consistently targetting certain people that don't bow to your viewpoint, and constantly making inane comments or topics about them conformed to not only your ego but also your desire to belittle them by making unfounded quips in topics they start, or participate in: makes you a bully.

I may be an "asshole" but I'm not a bully.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »
I may be an "asshole" but I'm not a bully.

Good for you Nam. Good for you. Hurray.

For all intents and purposes, one can be as bad as the other. Your attempts to justify being an "asshole" as somehow being better than a "bully" are quaint but not impressive in the least I'm afraid. It's a nice diversion though, for an asshole.

However it didn't work. Are you going to answer my question now? That's not bullying. It's just a simple request.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 07:36:28 PM »
There you go trying to manipulate the conversation. Stating I'm justifying something, when I'm not. All I did was explain why many people see me as an asshole, and why I actually may be based on the qualities in which they see in me, and I see in myself. I was justifying nothing. But, a bully, in my opinion is worse than an asshole. In my case, as in many others, I actually don't mean to be an asshole. It's not something I seek to be, I am just what I am, and this how most people see me as that don't know me. You, on the other hand do exactly what a bully intends to do: to cause discourse. And, as one can see by varying topics you start about specific people, or comments you make towards them: it's exactly what you're doing to them. And you know it.

-Nam

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 07:39:51 PM »
You just can't stop explaining, can you?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 07:53:09 PM »
You just can't stop explaining, can you?

Is that all you can come up with, bully boy?

-Nam

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »
Is that all you can come up with, bully boy?

Yea, asshole.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »
Then, you lost. Thanks for playing, see you next time.

-Nam

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 08:01:15 PM »
Then, you lost. Thanks for playing, see you next time.

You mean there is going to be a next time?

Oh dear.  :-\

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 08:09:37 PM »
I explained above: when you bully others, I'm coming to their defense whether I agree with them, or not.

-Nam

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 08:12:48 PM »
I explained above: when you bully others, I'm coming to their defense whether I agree with them, or not.

Yea, but when you are an asshole to others I as well will come to their defense whether I agree with them, or not.

Should prove interesting in the coming weeks and months.

Unless ..., of course, you make another "This is my last post" post and leave (again).

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »
You go ahead.

-Nam

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2012, 08:33:57 PM »
I'm going to teach you guys a lesson in discipline.

This is going to be my last post in this thread until at least 0700 CDT tomorrow. No matter what you post, I will not respond to it until at least 0700 CDT tomorrow.

Somebody has to teach discipline around here.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 08:41:56 PM »
And you're going to be like all the principals of my childhood, I am sure. A wooden paddle 3 inches thick with holes in it.

You couldn't teach discipline to a non-existant deity let alone anyone else.

-Nam
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:43:47 PM by Nam »

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012, 08:56:05 PM »

This is going to be my last post in this thread until at least 0700 CDT tomorrow. No matter what you post, I will not respond to it until at least 0700 CDT tomorrow.

Hmm, I'm a pretty slow learner Hal. To really show me what discipline looks like I think you should stop posting in all threads for a period of time. How does two months sound?
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012, 09:05:13 PM »
Hmm, looks like you did respond to a post...giving a karma is a response. Naughty, naughty.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2012, 09:24:27 PM »
I'm sure his response to that is: semantics.

Actually, I thought an entire year but he couldn't do it.

-Nam

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 09:33:26 PM »
Hal, where in my comment did I say it was a "post response"? However, in saying that, by you smiting me for something stated in this topic, and responding indirectly by a comment by said smite DOES make it a response IN the topic even if it is outside of it. Doesn't make sense, does it? Actually it does: your response is linked to the topic therefore it's a "post" of and in (indirectly) of said topic.

No, no checkmate and you've shown that you're not only a bully but a liar, as well.

Try again.

-Nam

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »
You can be an arsehole passively, and act as an arsehole only when people actively engage you.
Being an arsehole can be a victimless crime.

Bullying requires deliberate pursuit of a victim.

It seems to me that Hal is pursuing targets across the forum, poorly hiding his obvious intent in lawyered topics.
It is hard to see any goodwill or honesty in his blatant antagonism dressed up as forum worthy posts.

The presumption to camouflage personal dislikes and active bullying as reasonable forum topics, presupposes that the forum cannot recognise that truth.
Namely for whatever "reason" (I actually expect emotion would be a more accurate word) Hal is pursuing a personal vendetta for personal reasons, across the forum, at the forums cost.
He obviously feels secure in his Hal-allowed hallowed inviolate position, and it is no coincidence that this aspect of his behaviour raised by Nam is the one topic he has vigorously dodged.

This self indulgent vendetta serves the forum ill, and in truth only suits one person.

That the years of godlike admin may have pandered to the poster's megalomania, shouldn't preclude Hal's awareness that his perceptions (right or wrong) regarding other forumites, are no justification for breaking the rules of the site for his personal emotional gain.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:07:46 PM by kin hell »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »
Kin hell,

Which Hal does. He's done it to me countless times since he stopped ignoring me a couple of months ago, or so. He's even done it to other members. He's, by definition: a bully.

He's doing it even now by smiting us for our opinions of his action. See, he thinks he's teaching us a lesson by not posting in topic but when we say something he doesn't like, he smites us. I bet he'll probably smite me again when he's able to. That makes him a bully.

-Nam
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:52:11 PM by Nam »

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2012, 11:43:29 PM »

After seeing your "comments" related to this post that you provided in your Karma votes I just gotta say....

Crack is a hell of a drug...aaAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....

you're a pathetic attention whore just like the rest of us...  it makes me :)

"I can quit drinking whenever I want, I just don't want to quit."

edit: spelling
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2012, 07:42:09 AM »
After seeing your "comments" related to this post that you provided in your Karma votes I just gotta say....

Crack is a hell of a drug...aaAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....

you're a pathetic attention whore just like the rest of us...  it makes me :)

"I can quit drinking whenever I want, I just don't want to quit."

No Blackwell, I'm apparently a bully that corners people into threads where they cannot stop posting and cannot get away. I do this from a remote location using powers that somehow work through an Ethernet cable.

They had a show about Navy SEAL traing a while back - brutal stuff. One day they all had to lift and carry these giant logs around the beach. They must have done it all day. After they were all beat down at the end of the day the instructor told all the team leaders to take their teams down to the beach and back again. Most of them assumed they had to still carry the logs. All the teams but one picked up their logs and went running with it, the other team ran down to the beach and back but without their log.

When the team without their log got back first, the instructor asked them why didn't they carry their log. The team leader said that the instructor said nothing about a log. The instructor said "You mean all the other teams are wrong and you are right?". Hoo-ya instructor!

Well, the instructor said, you are correct. Attention to detail, you paid attention to detail. Now you can sit out the next excersise.

See, you guys don't pay attention to detail. You thought if I said I wouldn't post in the thread until the next day at 0700 CDT (I didn't - I had discipline) then you wouldn't hear from me regarding your comments. Then when I awarded perectly allowable Darwins with the required reasons, you got all in a kerfuffle. Attention to detail. You have to pay attention to detail.

Neither I nor you have any power whatsoever over anyone on a forum. None. It always amazes me, I guess it's human nature, that people can seemingly be mind-controlled over an electrical connection, by little bits of data. Nobody has power to cause anyone to respond to anyone over the internet. I completely, totally disagree that I'm a bully. That's something you came up with. But even if I was, who's allowing it to happen to them? This isn't a physical situation. Nobody can be bullied by ethernet packets. If you dislike the radio station - tune to another frequency.

I started this thread. I didn't force Nam or magicmiles to respond. I can't force any member to respond. It could have died with no member responding. But they just couldn't resist it - they read something I said and just couldn't stand not saying something. But then they realized I had a point of view.

If they don't like what I'm saying then they should stop posting in the thread. I'm respnding with my free speech thoughts. They don't seem to like what I say - that's not my problem. Nobody has to read my posts, nobody has to comment on my posts. Who's moving your fingers? Who's looking at your monitor? You're even actually arguing about which is more upstanding - bullying or being an asshole. If you don't even like to see my posts, or any member's posts, then put me on ignore in your profile. That's what it's there for.

So don't give me excuses as to why you respond or post what you post. I have no idea what your mind is capable of or how weak it is. Examine yourselves. Get control of yourselves, your fingers, your eyes, your mind. Drive that mouse better. I have no control over you.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 08:35:40 AM »
No Blackwell, I'm apparently a bully that corners people into threads where they cannot stop posting and cannot get away.

You make a lot of exceptional assertions about what you perceive people do, and do not do. Like cornering them, and making it hard for them to escape.

You start a topic about them, and it's their fault if they respond to it? Yet, if they do not, in your mind: they must be cowards, or you're correct in what your topic states about them. That makes you a bully.

I do this from a remote location using powers that somehow work through an Ethernet cable.

To me: words are just words. To most people: words have an effect on them. If it didn't then religion may not be so prevalent nor would this website. You can antagonize people with your words, which you do, and seem to enjoy, which makes you a bully.

They had a show about Navy SEAL traing a while back - brutal stuff. One day they all had to lift and carry these giant logs around the beach. They must have done it all day. After they were all beat down at the end of the day the instructor told all the team leaders to take their teams down to the beach and back again. Most of them assumed they had to still carry the logs. All the teams but one picked up their logs and went running with it, the other team ran down to the beach and back but without their log.

When the team without their log got back first, the instructor asked them why didn't they carry their log. The team leader said that the instructor said nothing about a log. The instructor said "You mean all the other teams are wrong and you are right?". Hoo-ya instructor!

Well, the instructor said, you are correct. Attention to detail, you paid attention to detail. Now you can sit out the next excersise.

See, you guys don't pay attention to detail. You thought if I said I wouldn't post in the thread until the next day at 0700 CDT (I didn't - I had discipline) then you wouldn't hear from me regarding your comments. Then when I awarded perectly allowable Darwins with the required reasons, you got all in a kerfuffle. Attention to detail. You have to pay attention to detail.

This is what a bully replies with. This is also what an idiot replies with. You're a bully and an idiot: congratulations.

Neither I nor you have any power whatsoever over anyone on a forum. None. It always amazes me, I guess it's human nature, that people can seemingly be mind-controlled over an electrical connection, by little bits of data. Nobody has power to cause anyone to respond to anyone over the internet. I completely, totally disagree that I'm a bully.

While this is true, people, by nature, feel they have to respond based on accusations, or judgments of themselves by those who disparage their character. You do not have to respond to me but then that would defeat your purpose of bullying those who do not bow down and worship your ego. That makes you a bully.

That's something you came up with. But even if I was, who's allowing it to happen to them? This isn't a physical situation. Nobody can be bullied by ethernet packets. If you dislike the radio station - tune to another frequency.

Oh, so long time members, or people who have found a place they enjoy to read and comment at have to find a new place because you think if they don't want to be "bullied", they can just leave? And, yes, I know you meant another topic or board but then that limits their access and broadens yours to those who do not bow to your ego. That's bullying.

I started this thread.

With the intent to bully specific members.

I didn't force Nam or magicmiles to respond. I can't force any member to respond. It could have died with no member responding. But they just couldn't resist it - they read something I said and just couldn't stand not saying something. But then they realized I had a point of view.

For a person, especially a targeted person, to not respond makes the bully win. They repeatedly make comments in their own topic, with mostly their comments and void of others and use such a venue to convince others they must be right since they went unchallenged. that makes you a bully.

If they don't like what I'm saying then they should stop posting in the thread. I'm respnding with my free speech thoughts.

So are they.

They don't seem to like what I say - that's not my problem. Nobody has to read my posts, nobody has to comment on my posts. Who's moving your fingers? Who's looking at your monitor? You're even actually arguing about which is more upstanding - bullying or being an asshole. If you don't even like to see my posts, or any member's posts, then put me on ignore in your profile. That's what it's there for.

This is a discussion forum. People come here to discuss things. I found that placing bullies on ignore is nonsense because they continue to bully those same people over and over again, and since they have the bully on ignore, others, such as new members, start to believe what the bully is saying. It must be true 'cause the person in question isn't responding.

Bullies such as yourself love to bully, and even if "we" did that, you'd bully us for doing it. People should stand up to bullies, not ignore them and hope they go away. I mean, if people on this website did that: this website wouldn't exist.

You're spewing a bully's rhetoric.

So don't give me excuses as to why you respond or post what you post. I have no idea what your mind is capable of or how weak it is. Examine yourselves. Get control of yourselves, your fingers, your eyes, your mind. Drive that mouse better. I have no control over you.

You'd like that: 'cause if we did that, you'd win, bully boy.

-Nam
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:42:04 AM by Nam »

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »
Now, I'd like for any observers to notice what's going on. They claim I'm a bully (I do not agree at all). They could just ignore me, put me on their ignore list and go away. But instead of that they come right back for more. Like I said, If they don't have enough self-control to say away from a bully, then what are we to make of their discipline?

Little Timmy: "Mommy, there's a bully on the corner every day when I walk home from school!  :("

Mommy: "What does the bully do to you?"

Little Timmy: "He says things I don't like!"

Mommy: "Well Timmy, why don't you just avoid that corner?"

Little Timmy: "I don't know Mommy - I can't seem to control my feet in that area. I just try to walk away but I can't!"

Mommy: "I'm making an appointment, I need to take you to a child psychologist."

Little Timmy:" :-["

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2012, 09:16:59 AM »
Now, I'd like for any observers to notice what's going on. They claim I'm a bully (I do not agree at all).

A bully's response. So far, I'm the only one, that I can see, who has referred to you as a "bully", others have referred to you as being an "attention seeker" and "attention whore". Also, why would a bully announce or agree that s/he is a bully? That would defeat the purpose of a bully to bully, in my opinion.

They could just ignore me, put me on their ignore list and go away. But instead of that they come right back for more. Like I said, If they don't have enough self-control to say away from a bully, then what are we to make of their discipline?

Bullies have no discipline. It's one of the many devices they project on others as a way to make it seem as if they are the persecuted ones, and "we" are actually the ones bullying them.

Little Timmy: "Mommy, there's a bully on the corner every day when I walk home from school!  :("

Mommy: "What does the bully do to you?"

Little Timmy: "He says things I don't like!"

Mommy: "Well Timmy, why don't you just avoid that corner?"

Little Timmy: "I don't know Mommy - I can't seem to control my feet in that area. I just try to walk away but I can't!"

Mommy: "I'm making an appointment, I need to take you to a child psychologist."

Little Timmy:" :-["

Even if Timmy avoided that corner, the bullies would find Timmy's new route. See, the only true way, or effective way of successfully avoiding a bully on here is to leave the website for good. But if they joined a similar website of interest, the bully may already be there under the same name, or a different one, and commence the bullying again.

I guess to actually stay away from people like you on the internet, they would have to stop logging onto the internet. Which means, people like you win.

You're a bully. Deal with it.

-Nam