Author Topic: Prayer doesn't work  (Read 5162 times)

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Prayer doesn't work
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2012, 11:07:26 PM »
Okay, new plan.  Next new theist..... we be really nice and agree with everything they say for like a week, and how no one has ever heard his/her arguments before and they are so persuasive. Then BAM!!!! FACTS TO THE FACE!!!.

^joke btw
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline cablebandit

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2012, 08:26:47 PM »
Im the OP and here were the results with my sister. She came up with data that said the divorce rate for real Christians was 42%........so "prayer works 58% of the time" was her answer.  I excused myself from the conversation at that point.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2012, 08:39:16 AM »
Im the OP and here were the results with my sister. She came up with data that said the divorce rate for real Christians was 42%........so "prayer works 58% of the time" was her answer.  I excused myself from the conversation at that point.

that  . . . I feel stupider for having read that.
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +940/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2012, 02:56:16 PM »

Well the death rate for Christians is 100%, exactly the same as the death rate for atheists, Muslims, Hindus and Santeros. Prayer fails 100% of the time. So there.  &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2012, 02:59:13 PM »
"Real Christians"? What's a fake Christian?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »
"Real Christians"? What's a fake Christian?

-Nam
fake christians are the 42%... duh!!