Author Topic: God must love Chick-fil-A  (Read 9771 times)

Online mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +29/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
God must love Chick-fil-A
« on: July 19, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/chick-fil-a-presidents-public-stance-against-gay-marriage-surprises-some-advocates/2012/07/19/gJQAtC3vvW_story.html
Chick-fil-A in a statement said it has a history of applying biblically-based principles to its business, and that it strives to treat everyone with honor, dignity and respect.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: God must love Chick-fil-A
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 12:05:36 PM »
I really like their food but I may have to rethink going there.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »
Interesting reading some of the comments:
Good for Chick-fil-A! You may not like it, and you don't have to support their business, but you gotta love people that stand up for their beliefs. 
I'm not fan of chicken, but I will certainly give them another shot.

To me, this would be like finding out the CEO of KFC was a casual racist and didn't believe other races deserve the same rights as white Americans. But you know, hoo-rah! It's not always a good thing when somebody stands up for the beliefs, particularly when they are bigoted.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:16:17 PM »
Chick-fil-A is anti-gay. My gay friends and family members periodically put out posts on facebook to boycott them, and ever since I first found out about their policies and opinions, I have stopped going there. They can keep their "pro family" company to themselves. I'm pro-family too. I just have a more inclusive definition of family.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 12:55:07 PM »
Chick-fil-A is anti-gay.

Really? I some how missed that. It seems like every time I want Chick-fil-A they are closed. So I don't eat it that often, I must admit I love their chicken but if this is true I'm not sure I can eat it.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 01:04:14 PM »
Really? I some how missed that. It seems like every time I want Chick-fil-A they are closed. So I don't eat it that often, I must admit I love their chicken but if this is true I'm not sure I can eat it.

An internet search will bring up a lot of recent articles, but this sums it up nicely. From nydailynews.com ...

Fast food chain Chick-Fil-A has been accused of being anti-gay for supporting organizations such as Focus on the Family, which oppose gay marriage.

Company president Dan Cathy said this week that his company is “guilty as charged.”

In an interview with the Baptist Press, Cathy said Chick-Fil-A is “very much supportive of the family - the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

The chain, founded in 1946 by Cathy’s father, S. Truett Cathy, donated a total of $2 million to anti-gay groups including the Marriage & Family Foundation and the Family Research Council in 2010, according to Business Insider.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chick-fil-a-cops-anti-gay-guilty-charged-company-president-article-1.1116841#ixzz215oyhmIz
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 01:11:52 PM »
::Sigh:: Please tell me KFC is still okay to eat.

Thanks for the info, I'm at "work" right now and didn't have time to look it up.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »
Well, I've never been to Chick-fil-A, and now it looks like I have good reasons never to go there.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »
::Sigh:: Please tell me KFC is still okay to eat...

I don't know of anything against them. I LOVE original recipe!!!  ;D

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +621/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 01:55:30 PM »
applying biblically-based principles to its business, and that it strives to treat everyone with honor, dignity and respect.

Those are not biblically based principles.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »

As far as race/gender/lifestyle equality, it is fine.

But the've been targeted by PETA and Islamic activists a lot. Both because they violate their religions ;)*

And then there's the fact it is one of the most grease laden foods

*Actually the PETA campaign make no sense what so ever as KFC does not have a vertically integrated supply chain, they do no own any chicken farms, nor do they dictate the conditions in which chicken are raised. They simply price shop like any fast food chain(Except McDonalds which does have a vertically integrated supply chain)

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 04:41:16 PM »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:43:51 PM by Brakeman »
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
And then there's the fact it is one of the most grease laden foods

And more expensive. If was going to be able to afford KFC I'd prob eat something else instead. I think we might eat it once a year. I only eat Chick-fil-A when I'm at Babie-R-Us on a Saturday. That rarely happens since I usually shop on Sundays and us heathens are deprived of Chick-fil-A on Sundays.

I also don't find Chick-fil-A to be very strategically placed. Their locations are not any where I'm at frequently. Their not as bad as Walgreens (Being on the corner of every single MAJOR intersection.) But they aren't close enough for me say, "Oh I feel like making a trip to Chick-fil-A instead of cooking dinner tonight either.

But who am I kidding, I don't cook any ways! That's Mr. Kimberly's job. Nevertheless I don't think we will miss them all that much. I rather hate waffle fries any ways.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +783/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »

Thanks for the info, I'm at "work" right now and didn't have time to look it up.

KFC is not okay to eat. It will killl you. (Last time I ate it I got so sick thought I was going to die. That was in 1993.) Back in the day, black folks used to say KFC put something in the chicken to sterilize black men. Right. Urban legend much? But I guess they are cool wit da gayz.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »
What no KFC double down chicken sandwich for you in 2010?!?! C'mon man!  ;)

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +369/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »
Is it just me, or is "Chick-fil-A" the stupidest name for a business in the history of the universe?
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +61/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 10:33:04 AM »
Is it just me, or is "Chick-fil-A" the stupidest name for a business in the history of the universe?

When I was growing up, the first time I saw it I thought it was pronounced Chick-fill-uh (rhymes with killa), and that sure seemed stupid to me. Yes, even when its pronounced correctly its still pretty lame.
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline Sniomhaiche

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Carfree 4 years & counting
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »
Divergent spelling, yeah.  I'm not a fan of trying to nail a trademark name.   I found out about Chick-fil-A's shenanigans some years ago in a podcast from The Atheist Experience.  I've been boycotting them since.
That said, I currently have a bag of chicken breasts marinading in pickle juice for a tasty, godless supper tonight. :D
What schools need is a moment of Science.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 10:50:38 AM »
No every single store specializing in selling jewelery beads wins. A lot of "Urban clothing" stores also tie.  And I process new business liscence applications at work; Beadazzled, Bead Yourself, Beadelighful, Bead Crafty.....sigh.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +61/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 12:21:46 PM »
Great, I am now craving a Chik-fil-A sammich and some of their delicious ice cream. Thanks, guys!
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline Sniomhaiche

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Carfree 4 years & counting
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 01:45:13 PM »
No every single store specializing in selling jewelery beads wins. A lot of "Urban clothing" stores also tie.  And I process new business liscence applications at work; Beadazzled, Bead Yourself, Beadelighful, Bead Crafty.....sigh.

I like business names that use simple descriptions and ampersands ... Tank & Tummy, Suds & Duds, Curl Up & Dye etc.
What schools need is a moment of Science.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 07:53:59 PM »
That's great. Hit them in the $$$.  Maybe they will see that hate does not pay.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 01:03:21 PM »
Getting all this stuff from facebook.

And the Onion's coverage of Chick-fil-A's new stance:

ATLANTA—As part of its recent efforts to publicly align itself with fundamentalist Christian values, the Chick-fil-A restaurant chain announced today the debut of its new Queer-Hatin' Cordon Bleu sandwich that would be on sale in all of the company's 1,600 restaurants this Wednesday.

In a press conference to reporters, company representatives said the homophobic new sandwich will include the national fast food chain’s trademark fried chicken filet wrapped in a piece of specially-smoked No Homo ham that would be topped with a slice of Swiss cheese and lathered in a creamy new Thousand Island-based Fag Punching sauce.

"The Queer-Hatin' Cordon Bleu is our company's way of showing our firm commitment to strong, Christian family values," said Chick-fil-A spokesman Robert Gary, before adding that the vehemently anti-gay rights sandwich comes served in a combo with waffle fries and a medium soda for just $6.95. "From the very first morsel of this savory meal to the very last bite, customers can envision gays burning in hell with their sodomizing cohorts, and know that our sandwich is on their side.”

"Of course, the young ones will want to finish their meals off right with a No Fudge Packin' Soft Serve Cone," Gary added. "I can't think of a better way to follow up a sandwich this good."

While the release of the Queer-Hatin’ Cordon Bleu has led to anger from pro-gay rights groups, loyal Chick-fil-A customers claim they are happy they can finally enjoy a sandwich that takes a firm stance on the issue of homosexuality.

"Any sandwich that combines that great Chick-fil-A flavor with a hefty dose of vitriolic homophobia is definitely going to keep me coming back for more," said Atlanta customer John Oaks. “Come Wednesday, I’m going to be first in line for this thing.”

According to sources, the Queer-Hatin’ Cordon Bleu is merely the first of Chick-fil-A’s new family values menu which is set to include the AIDS Is God’s Curse chicken nugget combo and the Fags Caused 9/11 strawberry fruit smoothie.
  http://www.theonion.com/articles/chickfila-debuts-new-homophobic-sandwich,28888/

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
They mentioned on The Daily show that Boston banned Chick-fil-A. I haven't fact checked it but the video was funny nevertheless.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-july-23-2012/gaywatch---holdouts-edition?xrs=synd_facebook

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »
Chick-Fil-A is required eating at FOX now. ;)

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »
Chick-Fil-A is required eating at FOX now. ;)

And Oreos are banned I take it?
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline jedweber

• Fellow
  • Darwins +19/-0
  • Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »
Mike Huckabee wants everyone to eat at Chick-fil-A on August 1!
Mike Huckabee Calls For National 'Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day'

Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas and Fox News host, has had enough of what he called the "vicious hate speech and intolerant bigotry" aimed at Chick-fil-A.

On his Facebook page, Huckabee announced that Aug. 1 will be "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day," a day on which he is encouraging people to patronize the fast food chain.
So far, more than 80,000 people have signed up to participate in the event.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/mike-huckabee-chick-fil-a-appreciation-day_n_1696648.html