Author Topic: I Can't Stand Mitt Romney  (Read 499 times)

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
I Can't Stand Mitt Romney
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
It's not really his politics. Of course I don't agree with that. I don't agree with other Republicans either, but I wouldn't say I can't stand them.

It's him.

Did you ever run across a person that you just know you aren't going to be able to stand, that you just know is a jerk before you even know them?

I can't stand his smirk. I can't stand his voice. I can't stand his beady eyes. I can't stand his face or his hair. Watching him explain his Bain dealings, he just seems like a total rich jerk.

I just wanted to know if it was just me.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
Re: I Can't Stand Mitt Romney
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 12:07:52 PM »

No, you're not the only jerk.  ;)

But yes, he does have a face you want to punch. I was just watching his Obamacare speech, and putting aside the bullshit (it'll add trillions to the deficit, where is he pulling those numbers from?), I wanted to slap my screen. I know what you mean and I agree. It's almost smug.

And, if South Park has taught us anything, it's smug is environmentally hazardous.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:43:45 PM »
That's exactly how I felt about Bush Jr.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 01:06:36 PM »
That's how I felt about Palin.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »
Hal, I'm glad someone else sees Rob Me the same way.  He's just a pompus asshole and it shows everytime he appears on TV.  I thought it was humorous the way he showed up on all the networks after Obama's attacks.  Before he would only go on FOX.  Also, did you see in the Hampton's fundraiser where some of the guests said we, the underclass, just don't understand what it is all about.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »
I was discussing how plastic the guy looks...
it is as if he is wearing a mask... and he pulls it off and it is the same face underneath...
he could be in a hair for men type advertisement.
he could be in ANY advertisement that is on or near the 5 o'clock news...
it is sad..

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 02:50:58 PM »
Romney, Bush Jr., Palin ... yup. All of them. I cannot think of a group of people less qualified to head up a country.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »
It's because he's a caricature of what a President 'should' look like.
As if he'd been designed by a committee for a Ken Burns movie.

Ultimately the thing is a *LOT* of people are getting the same vibe from him, including conservatives.

From his own website:

.. No Republican candidate ever captured the nomination after having trailed so many rivals at one time or another in straw votes, fundraising, public opinion polls, and buzz. They came at him in waves, as though they were running a relay race and Romney was running a marathon by himself. In the ended, he bested the entire tag team of Trump, Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Gingrich & Santorum.

Left unsaid is that he didn't exactly 'beat' the others, he just waited around till they all dropped out.
The others, with few exceptions were all total wingnuts with serious mental problems.  I think Santorum held on so long because he seemed to be openly advocating replacing the Presidency with a preachers pulpit.

None of the others can afford to keep on funding a bid for presidency without party backing.  He can do it out of pocket change.
If he were to spend 10% of his net worth on this presidency he'd be spending: $23 million(ish)
On the subject of money, I find myself thinking that he actually has a lot more that's undeclared, or available.

I guess you could say he's the Gordon Geckko of politicians.

Rich bastard who honestly thinks its great darwinistic capitalism is the best way to run things.  He can't connect with the majority of the country, because he's in a different timezone.  The 1% time zone where making almost 60k per DAY for doing nothing, and occasionally supplementing it with some speech money for the pocket change of 300k.  Money is meaningless to this guy.

No, this guy has no relation to the average person.  Not even the average 'rich' person.  Or, as Chris Rock would put it: there is rich, and then there is wealthy.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +614/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 03:57:10 PM »
Did you ever run across a person that you just know you aren't going to be able to stand, that you just know is a jerk before you even know them?

George W Bush

I can't stand his smirk. I can't stand his voice. I can't stand his beady eyes. I can't stand his face or his hair. Watching him explain his Bain dealings, he just seems like a total rich jerk.

Not just you.  I hate that someone so douchey is so rich.  I hate the way he tries to NOT take credit for creating the template for "Obamacare".  I hate the infantile way he makes political statements.  "Vote for Obama and lose jobs. Vote for me and get jobs."

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +89/-0
  • oyeme
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
I feel like Romney is an avatar for everything that we in the lower and middle classes have come to hate about our aristocracy.
pero ya tu sabes...

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »
But yes, he does have a face you want to punch.

Exactly! That's exactly what I want to do when I see it. Must be some primal instinct I can't yet master.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 05:22:44 PM »
Quote from: Timo
I feel like Romney is an avatar

You just gave me an idea.

But yes, he does have a face you want to punch.

Exactly! That's exactly what I want to do when I see it. Must be some primal instinct I can't yet master.

I think it's the sliminess, you can just see it in his eyes, then that smug look of how awesome he is massaging misinformation into your brain. Trying to sound straight talking and honest, but you can see him lying through his teeth.

The face of a true politician.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 05:52:59 PM »

I just punched my computer screen.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +781/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 06:01:56 PM »
He looks like the mannequin in the window of a menswear store in a small imaginary midwestern town. In a Twilight Zone episode.  :o
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »

I just punched my computer screen.

Yeah, I punched mine too. Hurt my knuckles.

Still, totally worth it.

[edit]
Wow, I keep seeing my posts and my stomach turns. I can see myself becoming unpopular very quickly. Cool.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 06:48:37 PM by Seppuku »

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 08:04:53 PM »
Just another unctuous rich conservative trying to get elected. They always try to sell themselves as "ordinary" Joe Shmo who just happens to have several hundred million dollars in the bank. Yet in reality they have nothing in common with working people at all. He's never known a poor day in his entire life. I'll bet he's never paid a bill of any kind, has people to look after such trivia for him.

They pretend to be working class but put them in working class company and they are stiff and uncertain. The only time the meet ordinary people is during elections anyway as they try to convince them to vote against their own interests. Other than that the great unwashed are something to be avoided at all costs.

Of course in America, unlike every other modern democracy, they also have the added wrinkle of trying to convince a large swathe of the electorate just how "christian" they are which puts Mormon Romney at somewhat of a disadvantage when it comes to the rest of the godbotherers.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »
I remember a while back seeing a comparison of how President Obama and Willard Romney paid their way through Harvard Law school.[1]

Obama got student loans, and paid them off.
Romney, sold off stock now and then to make ends meet.

1. If memory serves, and I don't feel like searching it at the moment they both graduated Cum Laude.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 09:17:12 PM »
Everyone talks about how the economy is the #1 issue and it is important but if Mittens is elected think of what else will be affected:  soc security, medicare, health care, immigration, food stamps, planned parenthood, min wage, Supreme Court picks, prob war with Iran, relations with Central and South America, Starts powers, foreign relations with Russia and others, Middle East, etc.

It's like the Republicans and Rombo want to take us back to like that movie "Pleasantville" where all is ok with the world as long as you conform and don't ask questions about anything beyond the city limits.

Again, how is it possbile that they have so many voting against their own interests?  Are we, as a country, so afraid of     having a black man in the White House that we would elect a 1%ter who's upfront agenda is making more money for the rich...oh, sorry..."job creators".
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »
our last conservative Prime Miniature

Little Johnny Howard was best summed up with the observation

John Hunt is a coward

sycophantic reactionary small minded mommies boy arse-licker to the powerful and wealthy
poisoned the well
dragged us back to the worst of the 50s
and thought he was wonderful every step of the way

a nasty nasty piece of works
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:00:37 PM by kin hell »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +614/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 09:19:02 PM »
I really want to smite Sep for his avatar.  I might have to.  And I won't be sorry for doing it.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 09:37:31 PM »
Don't worry, I'll change it in the morning, it's getting on my nerves too. I could change it to Sarah Palin, but I don't have the heart to do that to you.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 10:12:39 PM »
At least vandalize the avatar so it's funny! I agree with everybody's sentiments, and I myself hate him as a person.

How can I vote for a guy who impersonates a police officer, would strap ME down and cut MY hair because it's to long, strap his DOG to the roof of a car and get mad people call him out for it, thinks he's being nice by flipping through many hundred dollar bills to give somebody a $20, purchases houses left and right just to tear them down and rebuild them which takes no consideration of his next door neighbors (1 time sure, but 1 time to many. If the house is to small, DON'T BUY IT!) etc.

I think even Mitt realizes everybody hates him so he keeps his mouth shut on as many things as possible because he doesn't know how to think like a commoner. He should look in a mirror one day, and maybe once he notices what he sees, maybe he'll finally understands why he needs the Secret Service to watch his back. I wouldn't go that far myself, but since he's obsessed with uneducating people, the stupid will eventually come back and bite him in the end.

And now, since Seppuku has Mitt Romney as an avatar, let me rebut that with some Bill Maher on Mittens!

There's more to go abound, but I don't want to clutter the thread with videos. There's also the Mitt Romney Wifer Movement, and one about Mitt Romney, The Least Interesting Man on the Planet.

Online kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 10:48:28 PM »
tasked for further disclosure on tax returns if he "has nothing to hide"

he's all hide   thick skinned and fur-tive
horses head
horses arse
and from the horses mouth
a tax deduction of the common man

Romney’s 1/3 ownership of the dancing horse gave rise to a $77,000.00 Tax Deduction

http://pamshouseblend.firedoglake.com/2012/07/13/neigh-mitts-77k-dancing-horse-tax-deduction/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:51:14 PM by kin hell »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus

Offline Bereft_of_Faith

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 12:19:59 AM »
I usually avoid making comments on republicans.  If one has nothing nice to say...  Mitt is a twit.  That's it.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +17/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »
Romney has what I call CEO voice. They often sound like politicians. That smiling face diversity bLa bla stockholders. All BS.