Author Topic: respond [#651]  (Read 315 times)

Offline DL

respond [#651]
« on: November 08, 2008, 07:37:15 PM »

God would be concerned about my raise more then he would be concerned about the welfare of millions of destitute children because those destitute children are heathens. That's a simple answer that I saw one of the responders to your video give. I think that's absurd. Most religious arguments, such as many of the ones made by the individual who made the above answer, are formed from the concept that morality is impossible without religion. That is, of course, ridicilous. Anouther form of this argument is that atheism justifies immoral behavior, which it dose not.

This is their typical syllogism:

In order to be a moral person, you must be a praticing christian.
But you are not a praticeing christian.
QED you are not a moral person.

The the premeses are clearly unacceptable.

Anouther thing that is an important thing that religious individuals should, but don't, do is activly seek out material that conflicts with their beliefs. If you have a belief and don't expose it to a rigorous inspection, then that belief isn't really yours.

In your next video, you could ask the ecclastic individuals on you tube how their beliefs are internaly consistant.

Offline Sota

Re: respond [#651]
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 07:40:24 PM »
Join the forums!  You'd make a great addition, I'm sure.

Offline Dissenter

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Quid, Me Anxius Sum?
Re: respond [#651]
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 06:26:55 AM »
God would be concerned about my raise more then he would be concerned about the welfare of millions of destitute children because those destitute children are heathens. That's a simple answer that I saw one of the responders to your video give. I think that's absurd.

Couldn't agree with you more.  Join up. Sounds like you have something worthwhile to say.
What is above all needed is to let the meaning choose the word, and not the other way around.

-George Orwell

Been caught making shit up again? Attend the I don't know 12 step program for help.