Author Topic: I don't get YEC.  (Read 29517 times)

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: I don't get YEC.
« Reply #580 on: September 29, 2013, 02:03:16 AM »
I write such responses as a way to unwind, actually.  Also, insults don't bother me, so you may as well not bother with directing any further ones at me.

In that case I will send you an invoice.
"I want a medical amputation!!"

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

God is a big hairy meanie with zits, bad breath and alopecia therefor God does not exist, NO WAY especially the big old, old ancient desert   bible god, coz he kills innocent baby lambs and white fur seals on the Sabbath. Atheism 101

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +563/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #581 on: September 29, 2013, 02:24:32 AM »
In that case I will send you an invoice.
If that was a joke, it fell rather flat - you might want to work on your delivery.  If it wasn't a joke, then that remark made no sense.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #582 on: September 29, 2013, 04:42:42 AM »
Pretty much the whole field of geology only makes sense in terms of the Earth being billions of years old.

If the book you're reading is convincing you, then please relate what it says.

I you are really interested in scientific fact and not fairy tales, go and buy a copy. It is a balanced presentation and clearly show that the OBSERVED scientific evidence can easily support a young earth "theory" model. By the way I didn't need this book to convince me evolution theory is rubbish, I've known that since I was about 9
Yes, it sounds like a 9 year old wrote that.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #583 on: September 29, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »
 jaimehlers, you are of course right when you advise that I not trade insults with that guy who has a crowbar stuck up his rear end, but my maturity level sometimes falls to his level and then I can't help it.

It actually hasn't been much fun anyway. His insults were so feeble that it wasn't fair that I reply. But like all right wing loonies say, life ain't fair. And if they want to keep it that way, So I was playing too.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #584 on: October 01, 2013, 06:07:56 PM »

I you are really interested in scientific fact and not fairy tales, go and buy a copy. It is a balanced presentation and clearly show that the OBSERVED scientific evidence can easily support a young earth "theory" model. By the way I didn't need this book to convince me evolution theory is rubbish, I've known that since I was about 9

PS I have been a Christian for 25 years, I didn't start reading so called "science texts" until I began coming across the ever growing army of Dawkinite Zealots hell bent on vaporizing men of faith in facts AKA Christians, atheists, ex Christian atheist (the worts of them all) all bellowing that they they have scientific proof bible god doesn't exist. Thats when I began my search for this this so called evidence. It's been oh about 10 years now still not found any but it's great fun taking the mickey of atheists because I hate liars more than murderers and any atheist who claim to have scientific proof but NEVER presents any, is a pernicious perfidious liar in enemy of not only truth but of the eternal destiny of the easily influenced.

Know this all you atheists mocking God and mocking believers in the book of books, you are having fun thinking of us fools, thinking you are very clever, I wonder if you actually hate us as much as we truly detest you from the very deepest recesses of our souls. Oh yes we have compassion and concern for your eternal destiny, but it's past that, well past that, it's war for the souls of men. I take that very seriously indeed. And I am going to [deleted] and shame as many of you as I can. 

quotes corrected GB Mod

It's interesting to hear you speak this way online b/c I used to sound just like you 10 years ago. Yes, I am one of those ex-Christians of which you speak (and was for nearly 20 years - preaching, evangelizing, witnessing, and doing apologetics). I decided to put my worldview to the test (just as you do with anyone who disagrees with your theology) and it could not stand up to intellectually honest reasoning. That is the beauty of being honest (really honest) with yourself - the willingness to change with new information and to be critical of ones own view (holding all views to the same logical standard). But see, you aren't open to learn, grow, change, rethink, or understand. You have an assumption that the bible (your version and interpretation if it) is 'God's Word' (aka - you started with your conclusion) and now you're shaming anyone who threatens your emotional and/or social investment. But that is backwards!

And where did you get the below idea from?:

atheists, ex Christian atheist (the worts of them all) all bellowing that they they have scientific proof bible god doesn't exist.

I don't know of any atheist who claims to have "scientific proof" that bible god doesn't exist. On the contrary, the evidence we have is in the irrational arguments Christians so often provide as a justification for belief in this 'Yahweh' thing (as well as in historical record). But would you accept your same reasoning if a Muslim used it on you to prove his worldview? How about a Mormon?

No, I don't think of you as a fool or laugh at you for believing what you do. I take pity on you that you've bought into this sophisticated irrational nonsense (aka - credulity) and that you erroneously believe (in spite of all contrary evidence) that your particular version of your particular theology is the correct one (amidst all the thousands of examples we have of men creating false religions) and you've done this all with the unwillingness to admit your own ignorance.

Think about why you reject the Koran or the Muslim Hadith as an authority and then you might start to see why we reject your Bible as an authority for anything.

If you say you know the bible is the Word of God, I'm going to ask how you think you know, because even if you could prove all of modern science wrong, it wouldn't make you right by default! Have you ever even once taken an honest critical look at your own views? If so, please demonstrate it here.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:13:16 PM by median »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #585 on: October 01, 2013, 06:19:15 PM »

Man you whack jobs really have got a thing for the bible narrative, what's with that??????

No, we have problems with all of them. The Bible, The Koran, The Hadith, The Book of Mormon, The Bhagavad Gita, and many others. The "whack job" is the one who assumes his ancient fiction is the correct one. You know, they can't all be right but they can all be wrong.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:20:58 PM by median »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #586 on: October 02, 2013, 08:20:59 PM »
Pretty much the whole field of geology only makes sense in terms of the Earth being billions of years old.

If the book you're reading is convincing you, then please relate what it says.

Yes, it sounds like a 9 year old wrote that.
Or shin kairi. These posts of crowbar read like shin's posts when he grew tired of having his ass handed to him on a silver platter once too often.
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +58/-14
« Reply #587 on: October 08, 2013, 01:19:10 PM »
I would like to know how evil equates to 666.

-Nam

Duh because 7 is a good number.   It is the number of colors in the rainbow.  Gays would have you believe there are but 5 colors in the rainbow but clearly that is the devils work.

666 is a bad number because it is comprised of 6's and more than 5 the number of digits on each of our hands yet is is less than 7 the lucky number.   each digit is to be treated as a separate destinct digit. 

Therefore it would be ok for you to have 5's and even better to have 7

2 is good because it is the number of people who make a couple in a normal marriage partnership. 

1 is good because there is one true god.

There simply is no good reason for 6.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #588 on: October 08, 2013, 01:59:37 PM »
Maybe some Hebrew lived to 666 years old, had 666 wives, and 666 kids all of whom hated him with a fury because he had a small penis and they all laughed at him because of it.

Seems plausible.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #589 on: October 08, 2013, 02:04:30 PM »

Other than the fact that it's the first perfect numberWiki.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Iamrational

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #590 on: October 08, 2013, 02:13:31 PM »

Other than the fact that it's the first perfect numberWiki.

That was a fun read. Thank you for that.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #591 on: October 08, 2013, 02:16:45 PM »
That was a fun read. Thank you for that.

You're welcome. I also enjoyed it the first time I read it.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +892/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #592 on: October 08, 2013, 02:28:30 PM »
Holy smokes I am surrounded by nerds. And I love it. 8)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-1
« Reply #593 on: October 08, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »

No reason for 6? Come on, how many days did god take to make the world? That's right, it's the working week with the final day off for rest. Its all there in Genesis.
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #594 on: October 08, 2013, 05:27:07 PM »
Holy smokes I am surrounded by nerds. And I love it. 8)

I'm not a nerd. :'(

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +892/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #595 on: October 08, 2013, 09:16:56 PM »
We all know what you are, Nam..... ;)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
« Reply #596 on: October 08, 2013, 09:41:03 PM »
We all know what you are, Nam..... ;)

:D

-Nam