Author Topic: I don't get YEC.  (Read 32035 times)

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: I don't get YEC.
« Reply #551 on: September 28, 2013, 10:32:04 PM »
ooooooh look a bunch of athiests with their knickers n a twist. Love IT!  ;D

Sorry, my knickers are not in a twist. I don't react that way to the pathetic. By the way, your mommy found your binky and is trying to find you.

Oh the "your momma" straw man insult invented by Maximilien Robespierre, uttered just prior to the removal of his head by guillotine in 1794. 

Your momma dresses you funny honey. And I'm yo daddy.
"I want a medical amputation!!"

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

God is a big hairy meanie with zits, bad breath and alopecia therefor God does not exist, NO WAY especially the big old, old ancient desert   bible god, coz he kills innocent baby lambs and white fur seals on the Sabbath. Atheism 101

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +787/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #552 on: September 28, 2013, 10:33:23 PM »
Ive read most of the book, they are very fair in their summations and address all such "scrutiny", if you want to rely on a 5 second google eduction, be my guest, now, where is all your "scientific  evidence for the billions of year model.......yes your evidence that has held up under scrutiny and has now been agreed upon as fact, I'm waiting??????

Threaten and leave. That's all you're good for. I've had girlfriends like that and they were no fun either.

One cannot say they are going to shoot all of us and then hope to undertake a meaningful conversation. Not if one is also afraid. As you clearly are. To listen to anything but the "evidence" that you hope is true. That must be true for you to function as an illiterate human being. If you had even the tiniest doubt about your so-called knowledge base, you would start trembling right before the urine started running down your leg and then fall down crying. So you play the big man, the buffon, and you attack, attack, attack.

If that is how people were supposed to be, I'd seek you out and have you shoot me, because I wouldn't want to live on a planet infested with your kind. Small numbers are to be expected. The norm also requires outliers. And you, my friend, are an outlier. And that's the only thing you're good at.

Beetle out, beetle in. You're not here for anything but blustering. Its up to you.

Just remember, I can type faster.

By the way, you can't be my daddy. He was a man.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #553 on: September 28, 2013, 10:33:35 PM »

Sorry, my knickers are not in a twist. I don't react that way to the pathetic. By the way, your mommy found your binky and is trying to find you.

Oh the "your momma" straw man insult invented by Maximilien Robespierre, uttered just prior to the removal of his head by guillotine in 1794. 

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

God is a big hairy meanie with zits, bad breath and alopecia therefor God does not exist, NO WAY especially the big old, old ancient desert   bible god, coz he kills innocent baby lambs and white fur seals on the Sabbath. Atheism 101

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #554 on: September 28, 2013, 10:34:42 PM »
Poorly spelled and pointless post removed

GB Mod
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:25:23 AM by Graybeard »

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
« Reply #555 on: September 28, 2013, 10:37:53 PM »
Ive read most of the book, they are very fair in their summations and address all such "scrutiny",

That is not something anyone could determine about a book solely from reading and assessing that book itself.

Have you considered reading the educated Christian peer review of the book that I linked to earlier?

if you want to rely on a 5 second google eduction, be my guest, now, where is all your "scientific  evidence for the billions of year model.......yes your evidence that has held up under scrutiny and has now been agreed upon as fact, I'm waiting??????

I'm a geologist.  That took more than a 5 second Google education to achieve.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #556 on: September 28, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »
Ive read most of the book, they are very fair in their summations and address all such "scrutiny",

That is not something anyone could determine about a book solely from reading and assessing that book itself.

Have you considered reading the educated Christian peer review of the book that I linked to earlier?

if you want to rely on a 5 second google eduction, be my guest, now, where is all your "scientific  evidence for the billions of year model.......yes your evidence that has held up under scrutiny and has now been agreed upon as fact, I'm waiting??????

I will consider reading your 5 second google search link AFTER you have read the book. Or you can go and crumble a few rocks and play the "Guess their Age" game with your mates?

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +787/-6
« Reply #557 on: September 28, 2013, 10:47:33 PM »
I'll take that as a warm welcome to continue then.  ;) I'm an outlier because I got my 10,000 hours in quicker than you. You sir, are going down. I thank God I never had a girl friend like you.

The 10,000 hour thing is a myth too. You must be a myth-based life form.

My joke was on you, not your momma, but you had to make it about her because you couldn't stand that it was about you. Par for the course.

And the chances of you being older than me is infinitely small. I base that on the fact that you've only been a christian half as long as I've been an atheist.

I'm not quite sure what you think you're going to accomplish here, other than demonstrate that some of our preconceptions about certain extreme christian fanatics are true. I think I can speak for most of us when I say that I know that most christians don't have quite as big a chip on their shoulder as you do, and most christians don't harbor a wish to shoot all who disagree with them. Admittedly, many of them consider atheism a challenge to overcome, and they can get fairly obnoxious on our front porches, but at least they aren't armed, and they usually aren't so cock-sure about how good the quality of their bad information is. But if you wanna play, type away.

If you would like to make amends, start over, and have a civil conversation with those you disagree with, I'm game. But I doubt you have 10,000 hours of being civil to base such things on. Or even ten hours.

You are welcome to prove me wrong. Otherwise you are proving me right.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
« Reply #558 on: September 28, 2013, 10:49:33 PM »
So in other words, you have no interest in telling whether what you're reading is true or not.

You're going to assume that it's true.

That's stupid.  It's also a personal example that will drive intelligent people from Christ.  That's your goal here, right?
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +787/-6
« Reply #559 on: September 28, 2013, 10:54:54 PM »

He'll be back shortly. He's googling "geologist" right now.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +787/-6
« Reply #560 on: September 28, 2013, 11:03:18 PM »
By the way, if 10,000 hours makes someone an expert,, and I've been an atheist over 438,000 hours, I must be really good.

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #561 on: September 28, 2013, 11:14:06 PM »
I'll take that as a warm welcome to continue then.  ;) I'm an outlier because I got my 10,000 hours in quicker than you. You sir, are going down. I thank God I never had a girl friend like you.

M

You started it. HAH!

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #562 on: September 28, 2013, 11:15:03 PM »

He'll be back shortly. He's googling "geologist" right now.

Ummm, I don't live in here like you rock scum. LOL

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #563 on: September 28, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »
So in other words, you have no interest in telling whether what you're reading is true or not.

You're going to assume that it's true.

That's stupid.  It's also a personal example that will drive intelligent people from Christ.  That's your goal here, right?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Yep you got it one, I've joined an atheist website to drive people from Christ. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #564 on: September 28, 2013, 11:18:33 PM »

My joke was on you, not your momma, but you had to make it about her because you couldn't stand that it was about you. Par for the course.

And the chances of you being older than me is infinitely small. I base that on the fact that you've only been a christian half as long as I've been an atheist.

I'm not quite sure what you think you're going to accomplish here, other than demonstrate that some of our preconceptions about certain extreme christian fanatics are true. I think I can speak for most of us when I say that I know that most christians don't have quite as big a chip on their shoulder as you do, and most christians don't harbor a wish to shoot all who disagree with them. Admittedly, many of them consider atheism a challenge to overcome, and they can get fairly obnoxious on our front porches, but at least they aren't armed, and they usually aren't so cock-sure about how good the quality of their bad information is. But if you wanna play, type away.

If you would like to make amends, start over, and have a civil conversation with those you disagree with, I'm game. But I doubt you have 10,000 hours of being civil to base such things on. Or even ten hours.

Hey doctor phil, take a chill pill, nah, let it all out let the hate come to the surface, all the nasty little bitter and twisted sarcasm. a crow bar in the head will do that to a guy,

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
« Reply #565 on: September 28, 2013, 11:19:50 PM »
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Yep you got it one, I've joined an atheist website to drive people from Christ. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

It's what you're doing.  It's either intentional or it's accidental.  If it's intentional...well, trolling is typical.  If it's accidental, though, then I'd expect you to care.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +787/-6
« Reply #566 on: September 28, 2013, 11:27:27 PM »

Hey doctor phil, take a chill pill, nah, let it all out let the hate come to the surface, all the nasty little bitter and twisted sarcasm. a crow bar in the head will do that to a guy,

Hey folks, we have a SPAAA here. Self projection as an a**hole. And I gotta admit, it looks good on him.

You are a hopeless case, crowbar. Mean and stupid. The rest of the world knows that that way of doing things is hopeless, but those of you who enjoy that combination have no idea how poorly you are adapted to life on earth. If there were a god and he had put you in the garden of eden instead of Adam, you would have made liquor from the apples, raped Eve daily, eaten the snake and chopped down the tree of life in an effort to make a big-wheeled 4x4. You would have abused your kids and then beaten them to death, and the world would have come to a grinding halt.

And you're proud that I noticed. What an ego.

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #567 on: September 28, 2013, 11:58:19 PM »
By the way, if 10,000 hours makes someone an expert,, and I've been an atheist over 438,000 hours, I must be really good.

No you must be really really dumb.

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #568 on: September 29, 2013, 12:00:05 AM »

Hey folks, we have a SPAAA here. Self projection as an a**hole. And I gotta admit, it looks good on him.

You are a hopeless case, crowbar. Mean and stupid. The rest of the world knows that that way of doing things is hopeless, but those of you who enjoy that combination have no idea how poorly you are adapted to life on earth. If there were a god and he had put you in the garden of eden instead of Adam, you would have made liquor from the apples, raped Eve daily, eaten the snake and chopped down the tree of life in an effort to make a big-wheeled 4x4. You would have abused your kids and then beaten them to death, and the world would have come to a grinding halt.

Hey folks it's all y'all against me - bring it biatches! One on one is no fun with you lot any way too easy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:02:32 AM by Crowbar »

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #569 on: September 29, 2013, 12:01:19 AM »

Man you whack jobs really have got a thing for the bible narrative, what's with that??????

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #570 on: September 29, 2013, 12:05:31 AM »

It's what you're doing.  It's either intentional or it's accidental.  If it's intentional...well, trolling is typical.  If it's accidental, though, then I'd expect you to care.

You atheists are so completely munted in the skull that you actually believe some one like me has the power to drive some one from Christ? Jesus Give me strength. I can only imagine you say things like that coz you think it's insulting or hurtful) it isn't, but you can't really be that dumb. 

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
« Reply #571 on: September 29, 2013, 12:18:12 AM »
Actually I said it because you're making "being a Christian" look the same as "being an angry trollish asshole".

Those of us who actually know Christians in real life know that they're not generally like that.  But others might actually be convinced by your parody and think less of the faith as a result.

If you really don't care about that, then you're just here to troll and the admins can deal with the trash.  I held out some hope that you did care, though, and might be interested in changing your tone to one that doesn't piss all over Jesus' corpse.

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #572 on: September 29, 2013, 12:21:49 AM »
Message removed as it was nothing more than a juvenile attempt at humour that did not cut it.

Crowbar,
I have removed your comment following a series of complaints. Please try and keep it a little more sensible.

Thanks, GB Mod
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:12:24 AM by Graybeard »

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
« Reply #573 on: September 29, 2013, 12:23:42 AM »
Ooooooookaaaaaaaaaay...

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +787/-6
« Reply #574 on: September 29, 2013, 01:12:05 AM »
I'm not a Christian I'm a high satanist priest, I know my bible better than all Christians, Satan knows the scriptures well, you atheists are gonna burn the best. I expect admin to be rid of me shortly clearly you balls bags haven't got what it takes to play with the big boys of hate!  Pussies.

You can hope that our maturity level is as low as yours, but you're shit out of luck.

And what are you going to claim next? That you're a Sikh. A Zoroastrian? You've already claimed christian and satanist. Lucky for you, humans that lived before you invented all sorts of excuses to be ignorant. What is your next fallback position? Mormon Preschooler?

I've known satanists. You're no satanist. You are neither dark nor nice enough.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +787/-6
« Reply #575 on: September 29, 2013, 01:13:36 AM »
You atheists are so completely munted in the skull that you actually believe some one like me has the power to drive some one from Christ? Jesus Give me strength. I can only imagine you say things like that coz you think it's insulting or hurtful) it isn't, but you can't really be that dumb.

I showed your posts to three assholes. They reformed on the spot. You're driving people away from that too. You're good.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #576 on: September 29, 2013, 01:33:18 AM »
I'm not a Christian I'm a high satanist priest, I know my bible better than all Christians, Satan knows the scriptures well, you atheists are gonna burn the best. I expect admin to be rid of me shortly clearly you balls bags haven't got what it takes to play with the big boys of hate!  Pussies.

Well, you're clearly getting what you want by trolling. So I guess it makes sense by your standards to go on as you are. You'll soon have to do it somewhere else though.

You seem incapable of comprehending it, but the atheist regulars here actually enjoy engaging with believers, christian and otherwise. Discussions are sometimes heated, but genuine trolls like you are a rarity (thankfully). Most of those who have responded to your posts have been pretty patient and civil, until you showed your unwillingness to abide by forum standards.

I have to wonder if you exhibit this sniggering, petulant behavior in other aspects of your life. Are you as ill-behaved towards your friends, family and co-workers as you are here, in the comfortable anonymity of the internet? Or do you show them a civil mask over the trollish one?

Either way, what a petty waste of personal potential. Seriously, find better ways to spend your time.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #577 on: September 29, 2013, 01:35:08 AM »
What type of scientific dating discoveries, in fact name them all? I'm  reading the book Thousands not Billions. this book presents RECENT scientific dating evidence proving a young earth and refuting billions of years BS. Incidentally this honest scientific research was not funded by the tax payer, the tax payer only ever funds atheist science so tuff luck there theists.
Let's see what there is regarding this book, shall we?  Written by a Dr. deYoung, who apparently holds a PhD in physics.  Okay, fair enough.  Except he apparently hasn't published in any scientific journals, at least nothing I've found, and that makes this book at least somewhat suspect.  It seems that in this book, he attempts to show that radiometric dating methods are unreliable.  Good for him, but it takes more than a single scientist's conclusions, or even those of a group of like-minded scientists, to overturn something that's considered accepted science.  That's why we have peer review in science to begin with.

So why is he presenting his conclusions in a book on sale at Amazon (notably, one directed at religious believers), rather than finding a scientific journal to publish in so that he can have other scientists review his findings?  I mean, if he really did manage to refute radiometric dating methods, and had solid evidence to back up his conclusions, then other scientists (including non-creationists) would be able to back up his findings.  As it stands, it seems that he's removed that option from the table entirely, and that makes his conclusions more than a little suspect.

By the way, government-funded scientific research is not limited to 'atheist' scientists.  The federal government is barred from using religious beliefs as a justification for who gets funding.  So you might want to retract that accusation you made.

I you are really interested in scientific fact and not fairy tales, go and buy a copy. It is a balanced presentation and clearly show that the OBSERVED scientific evidence can easily support a young earth "theory" model. By the way I didn't need this book to convince me evolution theory is rubbish, I've known that since I was about 9
If you've 'known' that evolution theory was rubbish since you were nine, that means you are not judging things based on the evidence, but based on what you already believe to be true.  That is hardly a way to show that you are reliable when it comes to things like this.

PS I have been a Christian for 25 years, I didn't start reading so called "science texts" until I began coming across the ever growing army of Dawkinite Zealots hell bent on vaporizing men of faith in facts AKA Christians, atheists, ex Christian atheist (the worts of them all) all bellowing that they they have scientific proof bible god doesn't exist. Thats when I began my search for this this so called evidence. It's been oh about 10 years now still not found any but it's great fun taking the mickey of atheists because I hate liars more than murderers and any atheist who claim to have scientific proof but NEVER presents any, is a pernicious perfidious liar in enemy of not only truth but of the eternal destiny of the easily influenced.
So not only were you convinced early on that young-earth creationism (hereafter referred to as YECism) was true, you never even looked at science until your faith was threatened by it.

By the way, while it's true that there's no scientific proof that YHWH doesn't exist, there also isn't any scientific proof that he exists in the first place.  And that is far more detrimental to your position than any amount of "atheist zealots".

Quote from: Crowbar
Know this all you atheists mocking God and mocking believers in the book of books, you are having fun thinking of us fools, thinking you are very clever, I wonder if you actually hate us as much as we truly detest you from the very deepest recesses of our souls. Oh yes we have compassion and concern for your eternal destiny, but it's past that, well past that, it's war for the souls of men. I take that very seriously indeed. And I am going to wound maim and shame as many of you as I can.
*shakes head*  This is really, really sad, especially coming from a Christian.  It makes you into a hypocrite, not to mention a liar, which you say you loathe even more than murder.  Because you quite simply cannot have compassion and concern for someone's eternal destiny and at the same time seek to (figuratively, I hope) wound, maim, and shame people who disagree with you.  All I can say is that you must really think of evolutionary science as a major threat to your beliefs to react with such hostility.

So, lemme guess, you've decided to start trolling for attention now.

Then please stop living and existing in God's creation.....LOL
Do you actually think replies like this through, or are they the equivalent of one-liners for you?

Ive read most of the book, they are very fair in their summations and address all such "scrutiny", if you want to rely on a 5 second google eduction, be my guest, now, where is all your "scientific  evidence for the billions of year model.......yes your evidence that has held up under scrutiny and has now been agreed upon as fact, I'm waiting??????
One scientist's book, no matter how much you agree with it, does not overturn anything.  Like it or not, radiometric dating still stands quite firmly as scientific evidence for an ancient Earth, despite Dr. deYoung's claims that it does not.

Yes I'm a Poe Troll on Patrol but I'm not on the payroll. LOL. Funny the minute someone isn't a died in the wool atheist nazi, they are troll, so if in calling me a Poe or a troll because I disagree with all that is atheism and all that is evolution theory, then call me whatever you like, or is this a sycophants only site? Shall I leave because I think you all full of shite? Shall I leave because I cam here even knowing that already?? Does that make me a troll? If so I'm happy to beetle off.
Actually, no, there are and have been plenty of Christians who came to this site and were capable of civil, non-trolling conduct.  You know the old saying about how you attract flies?

PP, it isn't really worth trying to trade insults with him.  He's undoubtedly had lots and lots of practice at it.

I'll take that as a warm welcome to continue then.  ;) I'm an outlier because I got my 10,000 hours in quicker than you. You sir, are going down. I thank God I never had a girl friend like you by the way. My girl friends where all a lot of fun.
I sense that someone might be taking a trip to the Emergency Room sub-board soon.

I will consider reading your 5 second google search link AFTER you have read the book. Or you can go and crumble a few rocks and play the "Guess their Age" game with your mates?
Speaking for myself, I have no interest in subsidizing yet another YECist's attempt to overturn radiometric dating (since you have to buy the book to read it) when their arguments don't even hold up to scrutiny from other Christians.

Ummm, I don't live in here like you rock scum. LOL
All I've seen from you so far are loudmouthed attempts to claim that a single book overturns the entire field of radiometric dating, and hamfisted attempts to get the better of other posters.  I certainly hope that you're capable of more than that.

When your conduct is atrocious, it reflects on what you claim to represent.

Also, it looks more like you've joined an atheist website to toss out one-line insults to egg people on.

Sounds like you're more interested in trying to provoke strong reactions than anything.  Honestly, it's quite sad.  When I saw this topic, I was hoping that we'd get another sensible Christian who could argue intelligently about YECism.  Instead, we get one who demands that people read a certain specific book and who passes the time by provoking other members.

No you must be really really dumb.
I'm going to assume you meant this in the sense of, "you disagree with me thus you must be stupid", because otherwise it makes no sense to declare that he must be really really dumb.

Hey folks it's all y'all against me - bring it biatches! One on one is no fun with you lot any way too easy.
Yes, I definitely see an ER visit in your future.  Note that this isn't a reference to a hospital's emergency room, so you can't use this as an excuse to claim that I'm 'threatening' you.

Man you whack jobs really have got a thing for the bible narrative, what's with that??????
I kind of thought you were the one who thought the Bible narrative was true.  You know, since it's the only thing that actually supports your YECist view.

Of course you do - all it took was one apple to overturn YHWH's whole plan, apparently.  Against folly and ignorance, even a god strives in vain.

So you are just trolling.  Glad to see you admitted it.  I guess honesty does count for something.  Though, apparently not all that much in your case.

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #578 on: September 29, 2013, 01:43:23 AM »
Removed because the post adds nothing to the site.

GB Mod
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:34:36 AM by Graybeard »

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #579 on: September 29, 2013, 01:53:16 AM »
I write such responses as a way to unwind, actually.  Also, insults don't bother me, so you may as well not bother with directing any further ones at me.