Author Topic: Science and Politics  (Read 780 times)

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Science and Politics
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:57:19 PM »
"Mainstream scientists" are like "mainstream politicians": I frequently wonder who they are working for.

I frequently wonder if anybody takes Al Gore seriously, especially while ice cubes are falling on his private jet... one of his private jets.

Anybody who has gone outside knows that the earth has cooled during the past ten years, in spite of the PHONY graphs and numbers handed directly to the United Nations and other Governments by the so-called "scientific community".

Scientists who disagree are silenced by means other than argumentation.

CARBONIFEROUS ERA <- if you looked this up in Wikipedia, you will find that the word  "CARBON" is rarely mentioned,  except for the external links. You might find CO2 in a picture, but not many direct references.

But the Carboniferous Eera was so named because of the high level of carbon that existed compared to today. (3 times pre-industrial level)

Why was Wikipedia neglectful with the term "carbon"? Politics.

If people knew that the earth was greener when the carbon levels were higher, what would happen to the so-called "green movement"?

What would happen to UN Agenda 21?

What would happen to the governments' taxes on life and biology?

It would all go down the toilet.\

There is money to be made, and this has lead to pseudoscience (I Timothy 6:20), and the folks at CERN and other places are in the palms of the politicians.

There is no free-thinking, mainstream, scientific community today.

Rev 6:8 "And I looked, and behold a GREEN (Gr. chloros) horse: and his name that sat on him was Death..."

How many Africans have starved to death due to UN displacement of peoples?

And we are all suckers for it. If we see a blue ball, and a mainstream scientist says that it's red, we believe him.

We are suckers.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: Science and Politics
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 01:00:19 PM »
What the hell are you talking about?

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:35:13 PM »
^ Seconded.  There are about 13 different conspiracy theories mixed in there.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »

Rev 6:8 "And I looked, and behold a GREEN (Gr. chloros) horse: and his name that sat on him was Death..."

New Living Translation (©2007)
I looked up and saw a horse whose color was pale green. Its rider was named Death

All the other bible versions (and there are many) say a "pale horse" as in grey. One uses "ashen" but that tends to be grey as well.

UN agenda 21?
WTF?

You conspiracy guys have such great imaginations. It's such a shame you put them to such pointless nonsense instead of more productive outlets.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 02:49:39 PM »
That's a whole lot of incoherent crazy packed into one post.  Good thing he doesn't care about being logical.  Otherwise he might be embarrassed.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »
lol bm
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 03:19:11 PM »
That's a whole lot of incoherent crazy packed into one post.  Good thing he doesn't care about being logical.  Otherwise he might be embarrassed.

Hey punk. I utilize logic in most of my posts, and you fall on your backside.  So, stuff yourself.

"Earth's atmosphere today contains about 380 ppm CO2 (0.038%). Compared to former geologic times, our present atmosphere, like the Late Carboniferous atmosphere, is CO2- impoverished! in the last 600 million years of Earth's history only the Carboniferous Period and our present age, the Quaternary Period, have witnessed CO2 levels less than 400 ppm."

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/Carboniferous_climate.html

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-36
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »
Ever hear of Ozone?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »

Can you raad?

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 03:30:15 PM »

[General insults and threats removed]

Please keep it civilized.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:40:50 PM by Graybeard »

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-36
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 03:31:37 PM »
From where I survey, I have full spectrum doninance.

You sure do.
Whatever that is.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 03:34:14 PM »
I have never seen nor do I wish to see blue balls.

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 03:34:46 PM »
Ever hear of Ozone?

Ever hear of aerosols?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-36
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 03:35:46 PM »
Ever hear of aerosols?

The ones that are destroying the ozone layer? Sure have. You, apparently, haven't. Carbon dioxide is not the only cause for global warming.
We choose our own gods.

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 03:36:56 PM »
I thought that everybody moved on from the global warming argument to a more plausible climate change argument????

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »

Anybody who has gone outside knows that the earth has cooled during the past ten years

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2011-temps.html
The global average surface temperature in 2011 was the ninth warmest since 1880, according to NASA scientists. The finding continues a trend in which nine of the 10 warmest years in the modern meteorological record have occurred since the year 2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_record_of_the_past_1000_years

I guess the best evidence you have is capitalising AND bolding the word PHONY.

....very persuasive
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 03:43:18 PM »
yeah kin hell, PHONY with a big well... baloney... :)

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +544/-13
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 03:53:46 PM »
Actually, it's called the Carboniferous era because a large number of coal beds formed during it.  CarboniferousWiki derives from the Latin words carbo (coal) and ferre (to carry), and it literally means "coal-bearing".  This is within the first paragraph of the wiki article.  Did he perhaps miss it since he was trying to find mentions of CO2?

I don't think he really understands what the problem with global warming is.  Certainly, life on Earth is not going to have much trouble adapting to an average temperature of 10-15 Celsius hotter.  Where the problem lies is in the effects of that increased temperature on human society.  If the Greenland ice sheet melted, the water level would increase 20 feet globally.  And even a small increase in average water temperature would cause it to become less dense (estimates average about 20 inches for this phenomenon).  It wouldn't be as disastrous as an increase of 20 feet, but even 20 inches could have major effects on coastal cities.

It's all well and good to talk about how there were more plants around when there was more CO2 in the atmosphere, but the simple fact here is that the side effects of such a change would be at best a serious disruption and at worst a global disaster.  Care to guess how many people would die due to simple starvation if most croplands were underwater?

By the way, both jungles and swamps are "greener", in the sense that there's more biomass in them.  Doesn't mean I'd want to live in one, and I doubt he would either.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 04:09:27 PM »
Actually the Carboniferous was typified by high levels of O2.  This is what permitted giant arthropods to live and breath.  As jaimehlers says, it has nothing to do with high CO2.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 04:34:01 PM »
off topic commentary removed
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:15:50 AM by screwtape »

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 04:39:15 PM »
Why did one of your moderators remove a thread where he practically admitted that logic means nothing to him?

Bold mine.  Who is "he" in that sentence?  You never indicated this in your post.  It would have been logical to do so.

It's a shame, therefore, that if there are any valid responses, they have to be buried underneath posts of none sense, like what flying bone-head puts out.

His statements do not reflect well on the intelligence of this forum.

You are a poor authority on that, given your own incoherence half the time.  Read over my last post.  Was it nonsense?  Or even "none sense"?

The fact that a drive by punk like him and other individuals are still allowed to respond to a syllogism, when it is presented, with crassness does not reflect well on the intelligence of this forum.

Why not rename the forum, "Troll Tavern", or "Funky Punk"?

I like "Funky Punk"

You are a poor judge of style.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:40:51 PM by Azdgari »

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +729/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »
euroclydon. are you capable of being specific, or do you live and die on generalizations?

Ranting on and on without anything to back up your claims accomplishes nothing. Making totally false claims, like the source of the name of Carboniferous Period, makes you sound pretty uninformed.

You know you can edit Wikipedia. If you have more accurate information on carbon, go ahead and put it in. Take screen shots of your edit. If your edits are removed and you can prove that what you said is true, then you have a case. If you are just making everything up, you don't have one. And by the way, Wikipedia is not the final authority on anything, so don't get too worked up about it in any case.

Rants are fun, but they work better if they are based on truth rather than what one only hopes is true (but isn't).

And you guys who love money assume everyone you disagree with is lying because they are getting paid off. You can't even conceive of honesty when truths like theirs would ruin the world you have literally imagined, but think true.

If you have actual facts to back up your various astounding claims, give them to us. Otherwise, be prepared for wise assed and snarky responses, like the one I was going to post when I hit the reply button, which would have said "euroclydon, have you ever been right about anything?"

But that wasn't nice, so I didn't use it. True, yes. But not nice.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:38:33 PM by ParkingPlaces »
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 06:24:46 PM »
All the other bible versions (and there are many) say a "pale horse" as in grey. One uses "ashen" but that tends to be grey as well.

You are wrong:

"And I saw a green horse..."  Syriac New Testament (Etheridge)

And I saw, and behold, a pale green horse... Jay P Green (LITV)

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 06:33:22 PM »
Quote from: New International Version
7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote from: King James Version
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

There are bibles that say "green".  There are bibles that do not.  While Frank overstated his case with the word "all", his basic point stands.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 07:35:22 PM »

Can you raad?

I will try to raad anything you wraat.  Agreed?

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 01:21:47 PM »
"Mainstream scientists" are like "mainstream politicians": I frequently wonder who they are working for.

I frequently wonder if anybody takes Al Gore seriously, especially while ice cubes are falling on his private jet... one of his private jets.

Anybody who has gone outside knows that the earth has cooled during the past ten years, in spite of the PHONY graphs and numbers handed directly to the United Nations and other Governments by the so-called "scientific community".

Scientists who disagree are silenced by means other than argumentation.

CARBONIFEROUS ERA <- if you looked this up in Wikipedia, you will find that the word  "CARBON" is rarely mentioned,  except for the external links. You might find CO2 in a picture, but not many direct references.

But the Carboniferous Eera was so named because of the high level of carbon that existed compared to today. (3 times pre-industrial level)

Why was Wikipedia neglectful with the term "carbon"? Politics.

If people knew that the earth was greener when the carbon levels were higher, what would happen to the so-called "green movement"?

What would happen to the governments' taxes on life and biology?

It would all go down the toilet.\

There is money to be made, and this has lead to pseudoscience (I Timothy 6:20), and the folks at CERN and other places are in the palms of the politicians.

There is no free-thinking, mainstream, scientific community today.

How many Africans have starved to death due to UN displacement of peoples?

And we are all suckers for it. If we see a blue ball, and a mainstream scientist says that it's red, we believe him.

We are suckers.
I couldn't read through all of this - I stopped at the first 10 times you got scientific findings and theory wrong...

DIDN'T READ, LOL!!!!
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »

You are wrong:

"And I saw a green horse..."  Syriac New Testament (Etheridge)

And I saw, and behold, a pale green horse... Jay P Green (LITV)

Maybe I should have said all the bibles I am aware of....I did point out that there are many and they appear to be "revising" them constantly. Mainly to suit people like methinks.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 02:20:10 PM »
I couldn't read through all of this - I stopped at the first 10 times you got scientific findings and theory wrong...

DIDN'T READ, LOL!!!!

And if you don't tell me why, then your statement is invalid.

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »
There are bibles that say "green".  There are bibles that do not.  While Frank overstated his case with the word "all", his basic point stands.

If that is true, then he made a valid and insignificant point.

Is he a disciple of yours? You appear to make valid points that are not necessarily relevant to the point at hand.

It's practically a red herring.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:23:17 PM by euroclydon »