Author Topic: (No subject) [#2664]  (Read 1558 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
(No subject) [#2664]
« on: July 01, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »
God exists!the fact that you will question him only proves y he won't answer your prayers.accepting that he is the one that made us n have faith that his words aren't misleading..as a whole we are all images and survival of what he really wants.instead of asking y he won't cure cancer...eat of this earth and you will find cancer preventing food like cayenne pepper and other spices in his world!we won't find the cure because the government wants us to struggle with diseases so we can continue to contribute to the sources they need..money the root of all evil..research organic food and you will find god! He exists and I believe that more than anyone is this fucking world!i would die for him and do as he wishes.the more I learn about my body,the more in awww I am with god!god bless you and all of his children..cuz yet we are still children...n he will always father us even if he needs to use one of us as his instrument for pain and suffering!amen!

Sent from my Palm Pixi on the Now Network from Sprint
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: (No subject) [#2664]
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »
So God is an organic farmer now.  Cool.  Might be hard to feed 7 billion people that way but what is a billion or 2 to the Big Guy.

Willingness to die for an imaginary figure is kind of scary and a waste of a life.  You might want to rethink that.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »

Try using a computer with a full size keyboard next time - you might make more sense.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 05:20:47 PM »

Try using a computer with a full size keyboard next time - you might make more sense.

I seriously doubt that.

(Aside for the regulars here, by the way: I'm one of the ones who got clobbered by the DC storm.  Still no power at my house.  I'm doing my best to keep up, but there are going to be delays with things like the mailbag for a few more days.  Thought I'd post this here since it's likely to get more views that way.)
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »
God smiting all the sinners on the East Coast?  or just a bad attempt at "the end of the world"?

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »
God exists!the fact that you will question him only proves y he won't answer your prayers.

Sounds like yet another excuse for a does-nothing god.

accepting that he is the one that made us n have faith that his words aren't misleading..as a whole we are all images and survival of what he really wants.

Sounds like your typical means-nothing woo.

instead of asking y he won't cure cancer...eat of this earth and you will find cancer preventing food like cayenne pepper and other spices in his world!

Sounds like you're asking us not to depend on god.  That's something I actually agree with.

we won't find the cure because the government wants us to struggle with diseases so we can continue to contribute to the sources they need..money the root of all evil..research organic food and you will find god! He exists and I believe that more than anyone is this fucking world!i would die for him and do as he wishes.the more I learn about my body,the more in awww I am with god!god bless you and all of his children..cuz yet we are still children...n he will always father us even if he needs to use one of us as his instrument for pain and suffering!amen!

Wow, sounds like we got a real nutcase here.   :o
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »
(Aside for the regulars here, by the way: I'm one of the ones who got clobbered by the DC storm.  Still no power at my house.  I'm doing my best to keep up, but there are going to be delays with things like the mailbag for a few more days.  Thought I'd post this here since it's likely to get more views that way.)

Sorry to hear this! I hope that you get power restored soon, and that you are holding out OK. Stay cool and hydrated.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline on:bread:alone

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
i think i just got stupider for reading this.
i'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm.

please, check out www.letsgetrational.com

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 09:34:28 PM »
instead of asking y he won't cure cancer...eat of this earth and you will find cancer preventing food like cayenne pepper and other spices in his world!we won't find the cure because the government wants us to struggle with diseases so we can continue to contribute to the sources they need..money the root of all evil..research organic food and you will find god!

It's just a shame that a human government is powerful enough to thwart God's will so easily by hiding him in the organic produce section. If only God had not created disease in the first place...

Actually, come to think of it, God's diseases complement the government's evil schemes so well that he may very well be a co-conspirator!

i would die for him and do as he wishes.the more I learn about my body,the more in awww I am with god!god bless you and all of his children..cuz yet we are still children...n he will always father us even if he needs to use one of us as his instrument for pain and suffering!amen!

Well if the end goal is pain and suffering, then consider me in awe of his design of the human body as well!

Now brb, I feel something seeping out of my ear...

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +256/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 11:06:32 PM »
God exists!

Evidence, please?

eat of this earth and you will find cancer preventing food like cayenne pepper and other spices in his world!

I know of no peer-reviewed studies that indicate that cayenne pepper prevents cancer.  Please cite any such study, and refrain from quoting any woo-woo sites that believe in rubbish like "cleansing."  I want no less than three (3) references from legitimate oncology journals.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-2
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »
God exists!the fact that you will question him only proves y he won't answer your prayers.

I also question the existence of Ra and Odin. Is that why they won't answer my prayers as well?

He exists and I believe that more than anyone is this fucking world!

Extremist Muslim suicide bombers believed in the existence of their god and his cause so dearly that they gave up their lives. Yet here you are, typing away on your little Palm Pixi. Surely you can understand why I'm skeptical of this claim.

i would die for him and do as he wishes.

Would you now? That sounds pretty...extreme... of you.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 12:00:03 AM »
God exists!

Where?

the fact that you will question him only proves y he won't answer your prayers

All it proves is that I'm human and therefore question things.

money the root of all evil

Francisco d'Anconia would smack you.  &)

i would die for him and do as he wishes

Then your sense of morality is skewed and slightly scary.
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »
he needs to use one of us as his instrument for pain and suffering

Wow, that's pretty loving.

Sent from my Palm Pixi

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:48:40 AM by EV »
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 10:46:27 AM »
One thing you are right about.  Money is the root of all evil.  Please feel free to contact me.  I would be willing to take all your money off your hands so it won't corrupt you. 

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 09:20:08 AM »
UGABUGA exist! fact that you will question him only prove why he won't answer your prayers.accepting he one  made us and have faith his words notmisleading

First do undestand this what you wound like to me.

Second, tell me what natural foods grow back limbs?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 12:23:42 AM »
..I can't stop laughing....   ;D ;D
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • I doubt, therefore I might be.
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 06:18:23 AM »
He also seems to have a really crappy track record when it comes to answering the prayers of believers, so I suppose we're even.

accepting that he is the one that made us n have faith that his words aren't misleading..as a whole we are all images and survival of what he really wants.
So his words were also not misleading when he told his chosen people to commit genocide? And telling them to kill 'witches'? Stone rape victims to death? Kill disobedient children? How is survival even remotely god's concern?

instead of asking y he won't cure cancer...eat of this earth and you will find cancer preventing food like cayenne pepper and other spices in his world!
And while this type of information is freely available (and used), people still die of cancer. I have also never heard of a spice that could change your genetic make-up.

we won't find the cure because the government wants us to struggle with diseases so we can continue to contribute to the sources they need..money the root of all evil..
Ideas like that make me want to bang my head on the wall. There is so much money to be made in curing diseases that will inevitably crop up everywhere on the planet, you can't even begin to comprehend. The company that manages to find cure for cancer would instantly make billions on patents alone. The profits would far exceed anything they can make on palliative care.

research organic food and you will find god!
Where? In a tomato? Organic food has not been proven to prevent or cure anything - at least not better than any other food of the same type.

He exists and I believe that more than anyone is this fucking world!i would die for him and do as he wishes.the more I learn about my body,the more in awww I am with god!
Well, for me it's exactly the opposite. The more I learn about my body, the more screwed up the design seems to be. I also wouldn't recommend dying just like that. And I certainly wouldn't recommend dying when someone else wishes you to. If anyone asked me to die, I'd tell them to sod off. To be honest, your willingness to do anything god wishes, scares me a bit. I presume you'd also be willing to kill when you're so willing to die at his command. I find that frightening.

god bless you and all of his children..cuz yet we are still children...n he will always father us even if he needs to use one of us as his instrument for pain and suffering!amen!
Very well put. You've managed to sum up god's sadistic tendencies quite well. I'll refrain from assuming what yours might be.
Excreta Occurs

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +514/-18
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 06:35:40 AM »
Sent from my Palm Pixi
Well, I see that you have proof of pixies... now let us move on to proof of God... or any evidence... or anything he has done... or anyone who has seen or heard from him lately...
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +280/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 06:37:57 AM »
or anyone who has seen or heard from him lately...

A prophet? We usually stick those in the nuthouse. Theists never seem to complain about that, though... Funny, isn't it?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
You know, I'm all for organic foods where possible. But its really depressing when people forego medical treatment because they think "god in a potato" will cure them. It won't. And by the time you give up on god and go to a doctor, its too late for anyone to save you. What a waste.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline on:bread:alone

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 09:08:39 AM »
What a waste.

personally, i don't find that to be much of a waste at all. it's just a population control mechanism. if you're too stupid to go to the hospital because you think a magic potato will save you, then... i mean, in the grande scheme of things, you're a liability. you shouldn't be trusted to operate a car, or get a teaching degree.... or breed. and if you die from some malignant, brain-rotting disease... well fuck, you prayed to a potato! what the hell did you think would happen? 

i just can't bring myself to feel too bad for someone in that position.
i'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm.

please, check out www.letsgetrational.com

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 03:02:30 AM »
or anyone who has seen or heard from him lately...

A prophet? We usually stick those in the nuthouse. Theists never seem to complain about that, though... Funny, isn't it?
Actually they do tend to get their panties in a bunch over Christ's death, but celebrate the hell out of it at the same time - even more than his birth. Because it's supposedly soooo important. He was supposed to pay for our sins and all that, but at the same time they didn't think twice when it was time to burn, persecute and torture Jews like there was no tomorrow. Sticking people like that in a nuthouse, together with their prophets, is something I actually wouldn't contest too loudly.

This nuthouse-worthy behaviour might be the making of an interesting new topic ...
Excreta Occurs

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »
Really enjoying the sarcasm here. Carry on all!

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 05:20:36 PM »

'Odin exists!the fact that you will question him only proves y he won't answer your prayers.' See? That is just plain sad and it makes no sense.

Isn't your God an all-powerful, perfect being? How does a god need humanity?

instead of asking y he won't cure cancer...eat of this earth and you will find cancer preventing food like cayenne pepper and other spices in his world!we won't find the cure because the government wants us to struggle with diseases so we can continue to contribute to the sources they need..money the root of all evil..research organic food and you will find god!

Oh brother. (Facepalm) You think organic food heals cancer? No it doesn't. Cancer is very, very difficult to cure, it's not that simple. Also, the money is needed in order to make the medicine to cure ailments. Also, why would an all powerful god who can be anywhere need us to research organic food in order to find him?

As opposed to other gods that were believed as well?

i would die for him and do as he wishes.

Ok, time for your meds. You're that screwed up.

the more I learn about my body,the more in awww I am with god!god bless you and all of his children..cuz yet we are still children...n he will always father us even if he needs to use one of us as his instrument for pain and suffering!amen!

Please go back to your wards and ask your doctor to up your meds.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +95/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 03:37:30 PM »

that's very convenient.  It's almost as if he doesn't exist. Hmmmmm . . .

He exists and I believe that more than anyone is this fucking world!i would die for him and do as he wishes.[/quote

would you strap explosives to your body and detonate them in a crowd of those who don't believe as you do, if you think your god told you to do so?

the more I learn about my body,the more in awww I am with god!

Huh.  You mean "awe," bro.  And having your food hole so close to your air hole puts you, litreally, in mortal peril every time you eat or drink--yeah, brilliant design.

god bless you and all of his children..cuz yet we are still children...n he will always father us even if he needs to use one of us as his instrument for pain and suffering!amen!

keep the blessings of your vindictive, genocidal nutjob of a diety, thank you very much.  No interest here, I'm not superstitous.
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
the fact that you will question him only proves y he won't answer your prayers.

Then why could Saul talk to god? He was an unbeliever when god first spoke to him. Read yer bible!
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 06:42:30 AM »
Yeah, but, see, god doesn't perform those miracles any more because we're sinful. More sinful than we were before he committed suicide with which he rid us of that sin, and ... now I got lost.
Excreta Occurs

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +514/-18
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »
I think St Paul was the first to say that.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”