Author Topic: Mom "saves" 15 year old son from becoming Legendary Awesomeness  (Read 13821 times)

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
Re: Mom "saves" 15 year old son from becoming Legendary Awesomeness
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »
Mine too.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +785/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2012, 03:52:33 PM »
Ayo son, f**k with the gay bar.  A lot of your lady friends will most likely appreciate it and have a good time.  And therefore you and your male friends will probably appreciate it and have a good time.  Also, maybe this is a stereotype, but I'm pretty sure that they play better music in the gay clubs.  I have no way of knowing.  I don't f**k with any clubs right now, but my last memories of gay clubs are dudes playing some awesome old school house and hip-house s**t that most hip-hop dudes completely forget about.

I've not actually been clubbing for 2 years now, but you know what? I might suggest it next time me and group of friends decide to do something.

I feel so very old. My clubbing days were back in the disco '80's. The hot joint was the Paradise in Chicago-- my gay fashion design buddies would take me there. Black, white, gay, straight, bi, trans, you name it. Female impersonators singing Diana Ross--"I'm comin' out" , glitter ball and confetti showering down on everyone at midnight. Prince was king-- "I would die 4 U". 

Of course people hooked up and there were drugs, but that stuff was discreet. The main point was to dance, vogue, see and be seen and have fun. This place was so cool and friendly, gay folks brought their parents to show them not too worry, not all gay places were biker bars or bathhouse meat markets. I am afraid those days may be gone forever--AIDS changed everything.[1]
 1. Two of my best gay guy friends from that era contracted HIV and are dead now. :'(
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »
I was just being snarky to lotanddaughters.

So it's not true? D:
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
You really are pathetic and dishonest. I just told you that it's not true and gave my personal example. I'm sure other members have similar opinions to my own. Yet you can't admit that you're wrong. That's just sad.

Yes.

Joe's claim:
and boys use love to get sex.

I say fuck that shit.

You are an idiot.

Quit while you're behind.
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Online lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »
I was just being snarky to lotanddaughters.

So it's not true? D:

Keep up the persistent flirting. You two might end up as one of WWGHA's most happy endings. Here's an excerpt:

As some of you may be aware, I haven't been around much on the forum of late... actually, not at all, since about June.  Real Life has kept me fairly busy.  See, I met this woman on WWGHA about that time.  We were both in the process of getting divorces, and we fell in love.  I quit my job, moved from Houston to Detroit, and since about Christmas we've been "a thing", as the young uns say. I have no doubt that our future life together will be as rich and amazing as these past several months have been.

It isn't often that the Forum family gets to celebrate happy news like this, so we wanted to share.  Here's Xphobe and Persephone this evening, just chillin' after a satisfying dinner of broccoli beef and curry chicken.

I wish I had gotten to meet some of the Texas members before I left (Jetson and Zankuu especially) but on the bright side, I'm now much farther away from George Bush and Rick Perry, and much nearer to Ambassador Pony and Dave Mabus.  I'm looking forward to getting Pony drunk on cheap tequila.

Ok, so how does this tie in with the theme of this section: a personal experience that led me to or away from a religious belief?  Well, I guess it's this - I have had, and am having, the most profound, rewarding experience of my life.  No prayer or deity (as far as I can tell) was involved.  If there is a supreme being, it's Persephone. And she feels the same about me.

It happens . . . and it could be you.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »
Keep up the persistent flirting. You two might end up as one of WWGHA's most happy endings. Here's an excerpt:
<snip>

He's 30, IIRC. I'm going to be 19 this month. He lives in the USA. I live in Portugal. I'm sure there are other things that would make that impossible.[1]
EDIT: I flirt because it's fun. I've flirted with 50 year olds and 16 year olds; I've flirted with men and women. It's fun.
 1. I'm not saying that the first four things make it impossible, but they certainly make it difficult.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2012, 05:26:16 PM »
Oh it's true OAA, i'm just giving lotanddaughters a "Well you seem interested, so i'll tell ya," kind of response.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Online lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2012, 05:28:25 PM »
<snip>

He's 30, IIRC. I'm going to be 19 this month. He lives in the USA. I live in Portugal. I'm sure there are other things that would make that impossible.[1]
EDIT: I flirt because it's fun. I've flirted with 50 year olds and 16 year olds; I've flirted with men and women. It's fun.
 1. I'm not saying that the first four things make it impossible, but they certainly make it difficult.

Let's have some fun, considering the reality that people have met their "soulmate" in this forum.

Timtheskeptic sends you an invitation to visit him. He is hosting a party, and everyone from WWGHA is invited. He is willing to pay all travel expenses for everyone. Do you attend? Do you look forward to your meeting with Tim?

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +785/-4
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2012, 05:28:55 PM »
That was so AWWWWW! :-*

Edit: I mean the WWGHA love connection, not the party with Tim. Although the party could rock as well.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +785/-4
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »
Mine too.

Let me be the first to say that you have one sweet little a$$ there. If it was here I'd kiss it. Just to make Alzael jealous.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
Oh it's true OAA, i'm just giving lotanddaughters a "Well you seem interested, so i'll tell ya," kind of response.

Good to know some men still have the common sense to shave where it's "necessary". :angel: ;)

Timtheskeptic sends you an invitation to visit him. He is hosting a party, and everyone from WWGHA is invited. He is willing to pay all travel expenses for everyone. Do you attend? Do you look forward to your meeting with Tim?

If I were to accept such an invitation[1], I'd look forward to meeting all of you. Timtheskeptic would just be another one of "you". No more; no less. There is nobody on this forum I would look forward to meeting above all others.
 1. I probably wouldn't, but that wouldn't be any fun in this hypothetical.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:39:21 PM by One Above All »
We choose our own gods.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2012, 05:44:39 PM »
That love story was much happier than the only other forum love story I've heard. Hope they are still doing well.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-0
  • oyeme
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2012, 06:38:02 PM »
@nogodsforme

I kind of envy that experience to be honest (not the losing friends to AIDS part but the rest of it).  I'm someone who has spent a lot of their time behind two turntables mixing records together.  And I like to think that I appreciate the craft and the history behind that.  But what's often left out of the little origin story that we hip-hoppers teach to our young is that gay clubs were kind of ground zero for developing a lot of what modern DJs do.  We tend to focus on how Kool Herc brought Jamaican sound systems and toasting to the US and combined it with funk or whatever.  That's true but it leaves a lot out.

Complete tangent but yeah...
pero ya tu sabes...

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »
Let me be the first to say that you have one sweet little a$$ there.
Thank you. I shaved it myself.

If it was here I'd kiss it.
That's understandable Nogods, but a lot of people want to kiss my a$$, so you'll have to join the queue.

Unless you want to take my a$$ to a Broadway show, followed by a candlelit dinner, of course... that might expedite things; but don't bet your a$$ on it.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2012, 07:05:50 PM »
You really are pathetic and dishonest. I just told you that it's not true and gave my personal example. I'm sure other members have similar opinions to my own. Yet you can't admit that you're wrong. That's just sad.

Yes.

Joe's claim:

I say f**k that s**t.

You are an idiot.

Quit while you're behind.

First one. Me saying 'yes' was in agreeing with OAA's example and yes that there are others out there who think like him in respect to the discussion. I should have bolded the bits I needed, so I'll give you that one, not that it justifies your insults. Before you go in guns blazing, it might help to ask questions first, as I would have hoped the rest of my post would have communicated my feelings better than my misuse of the quoting feature. Heck, there's a disclaimer in my signature that says I don't always proofread my posts and may end up making mistakes. A lot of my posts are made late at night and I don't always have the attention span once I've finished typing.

The second. You're picking me up on a colloquialism, one that means I refuse to accept the statement and in the context of my post, means I refuse to use love for sex (which is what I quoted), just read the rest of my post talking about it. In it I'm pretty much offering my own view in reference to what I was agreeing with OAA on. If I thought Joe was pathetic and dishonest, I would have added more to my argument. Instead, what I ended up saying was:

If sex is your goal in a relationship, then it is a shallow relationship, but if it's what the 2 of you want, you're 2 consenting adults, so do what makes the two of you happy. Different people are different,

It's pretty much a, "well you do what makes you happy". If I had a problem with his line of thinking to the degree that I'd insult him for it, I wouldn't have said that or offered other posts in the past where I've been accepting of it. The bit that follows the above quote is telling him that it's not universal, that not all guys have the same train of thought, hence 'individual differences'.

You might pick up the word 'shallow' there. If it's just about sex, it's lacking depth, therefore shallow.

Back to the point, I use colloquialisms from time to time, because I dig that kinda s**t. Is the phrase insulting? No. Is the use of profanity? f**k no. Casual swearing is not an insult to anybody.

So no, I won't quit. I don't let people walk all over me, so don't think I'm gonna let you have that chance.

However, you've not actually addressed my other points.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:14:40 PM by Seppuku »
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »
me throwing a party for everyone? That can be possible, i might do some of the cooking, but i am too poor to pay anyone's flight expenses, so you would have to pay your own! Also, i agree with OAA!

As much as i want to find love, i wouldn't focus on this forum for that.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Online lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2012, 07:55:07 AM »

Joe's claim:

I say f**k that s**t.

Back to the point, I use colloquialisms from time to time, because I dig that kinda s**t. Is the phrase insulting? No. Is the use of profanity? f**k no. Casual swearing is not an insult to anybody.

I wasn't complaining about the use of language. I love that language. It's music to my ears/eyes. I was showing that you disagreed with Joe on that point.

So no, I won't quit. I don't let people walk all over me, so don't think I'm gonna let you have that chance.

That's cool. Hey, I love Ronnie James Dio. If you ever get a chance, look up the song "Falling In Love" by Uriah Heep on YouTube. The name of the lead vocalist is John Lawton. If you take away the patented Uriah Heep backing vocals, I think the song sounds like it could have been performed by Rainbow with Dio back in the day. This is the Bottomless Pit. Straying off-topic is allowed. 8)

However, you've not actually addressed my other points.

I'm gonna try.

Online lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2012, 07:57:47 AM »

If I were to accept such an invitation[1], I'd look forward to meeting all of you. Timtheskeptic would just be another one of "you". No more; no less. There is nobody on this forum I would look forward to meeting above all others.
 1. I probably wouldn't, but that wouldn't be any fun in this hypothetical.

Thanks for answering and pushing the red button in my hypothetical. ;D

Online lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +48/-20
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »
Quote from: OneAboveAll
To me, it seemed like joebbowers was making blanket statements based on the false-consensus effect. Based on his personality, I feel confident in my view.

That's how I read it, whether wrongly or rightly.

I disagree with you and OAA, but, like OAA said, we could sit here yelling red button/blue button 'til we're red or blue in the face.

Actually the idea that most who desire to rape (I know people have 'rape' fantasies) don't rape because they'll get punished worries me. If we suddenly took away the punishment would most decide that it's okay to rape? Even rape a child?

I say most wouldn't. Some would, though. In times of war, it seemes that the rapes increase. That is my only "evidence" to go by. If we conducted a poll, "Would you rape if we took away the punishment?", it would probably be a lot more inaccurate than the poll about sex partners that Gnu tore apart.

It's akin to the argument that without God there are no morals, the one that Christians like to throw at us atheists because they have this idea that without the fear of hell to punish us, we'd do whatever the hell we want and yet we act contrary and I wouldn't say that it's because we'd be punished by law either, because there are numerous ways of getting away with certain 'immoralities' many simply do not commit. People are still compassionate and still act selflessly, I don't know what percentage of the population is 'nice', but I know that one of our basic emotions is empathy, whilst not everybody has it, but those that do tend to care about how their actions affect others. I would like to think those without empathy are in smaller numbers.

I can see the parallels and I agree. Good post.

But what are you actually basing this on? Your own projected feelings or something more solid? I'd be interested in seeing how much of the world's population with the desire to rape would rape if the consequences were removed and I wonder how many would live by some kind of moral standard?

If you look back at when I brought in the word "rape", I was trying to show that I and most people don't approve of it. I was trying to argue why I don't look down upon a harmless(on its own) evolutionary trait like "arousal".

Also, just because somebody desires something, it doesn't mean they're opportunists. I might desire to eat a sandwich because I'm hungry, and as I'm out of bread, I can't make myself one, but as soon as I see somebody else with a sandwich, I'm not going to snatch it, yes, I'd probably get away with it - who's going to charge me for stealing a sandwich? But the reason I wouldn't do it is because it's their sandwich and it's not right that I steal it from them, particularly as they probably want to enjoy it.

Once again, I am with you on that. I just think that the evidence is overwhelming that men are hornier than women.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »
Thank you for your reply.

That's cool. Hey, I love Ronnie James Dio. If you ever get a chance, look up the song "Falling In Love" by Uriah Heep on YouTube. The name of the lead vocalist is John Lawton. If you take away the patented Uriah Heep backing vocals, I think the song sounds like it could have been performed by Rainbow with Dio back in the day. This is the Bottomless Pit. Straying off-topic is allowed.

Cheers for the recommendation, my parents were Uriah Heep fans, so I got to listen to them growing up, though I'm not sure I've heard that particular song, but it's been a while.

I disagree with you and OAA, but, like OAA said, we could sit here yelling red button/blue button 'til we're red or blue in the face.

Very true. I much prefer logical arguments than being at each other's necks, which it seems you do too (like with your compliments on Timo on how he composes himself). I think it's harder to give an honest argument when the two sides get in a fist fight. If this conflict is a misunderstanding, then I'll put it aside as such. If I said anything that made Joe feel insulted, then he's welcome to have an apology, though it was not my intention to do so.

I say most wouldn't. Some would, though. In times of war, it seemes that the rapes increase. That is my only "evidence" to go by. If we conducted a poll, "Would you rape if we took away the punishment?", it would probably be a lot more inaccurate than the poll about sex partners that Gnu tore apart.

Yeah, it's one of those things where it's difficult to actually get reliable results. Who's going to be honest about it? How many will know what they'll do? I know people rape others in time of war, so it's certain that some would. I took your statement to be too much of a generalisation, but it seems that was not your intention. I'd hope those who 'would' are the minority, but I know the world isn't as innocent as we'd like it to be.

If you look back at when I brought in the word "rape", I was trying to show that I and most people don't approve of it. I was trying to argue why I don't look down upon a harmless(on its own) evolutionary trait like "arousal".

Fair enough, I don't look down upon it either (I just don't find it's an important one in a relationship, as least for me, but to each his own), heck I'm sure there are many people out there with 'rape' fantasies, but simply do not act on it because they know it's something they shouldn't do. Many of us have fantasies we wouldn't act upon, it's just a case of whether or not you act on it and I think we're in agreement there. In Freudian psychology, it's the only id, ego and super ego thing.

Once again, I am with you on that. I just think that the evidence is overwhelming that men are hornier than women.

Statistically speaking, I think I'd say it's probably true. On an individual level, as always, I think it depends.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2012, 02:15:43 AM »
<snip>

joebbowers, this may surprise you, but not everyone is exactly like you think they are. In fact, I'm willing to bet nobody is exactly like you think they are... except you. Don't project your insecurities, flaws and mental illnesses (if you claim that homosexuality an illness, then I can damn well extend that to your sexual orientation as well) onto the rest of us.

I've never had sex, in spite of several opportunities to do so. Sex to me is just another way to prove to someone that you love them, akin to a gift or a date. It's supposed to make the other person feel good.
You, however, seem to be hormonally stuck at puberty and evolutionary stuck at ape, so you still think sex is for reproduction and pleasure. Grow up.

Sex is for re-roduction. That is its purpose. The love bond is also geared towardsreproduction
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2012, 02:16:58 AM »
to me

Sex is for re-roduction. That is its purpose. The love bond is also geared towardsreproduction
We choose our own gods.

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2012, 02:35:56 AM »
to me

Its a biological process. Sex in you evolved.

Now. You certainly are free to "make it meaningful" and in fact that also comes from our social and family instincts.

Love is implemented by a chemical called oxytocerin.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2012, 05:40:24 AM »
Its a biological process. Sex in you evolved.

Your point being?

Love is implemented by a chemical called oxytocerin.

Pretty sure you mean oxytocin.
We choose our own gods.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2012, 06:01:02 AM »
When asked about the number of opposite sex partners they had had altogether in their life so far, men reported a mean of 9.3 female sexual partners, while women reported a lower number, a mean of 4.7 male sexual partners.

This cannot be correct, because each coupling involves one man and one woman, regardless of their identity. So the average should be the same for each sex.

e.g. there is a population of five men and five women; four of the women remain virgins, the fifth couples with each of the five men. The average number of couplings per gender is one, for men and women.

Ok there's something wrong with that obviously, but I can't figure out how to explain it. I understand what you mean, but by your math the average would always be one and that would make it mathmatically meaningless to conduct any survey about sexual partners as the average would always be one. I'm sure the smart scientists thought of that somehow to get their average, but I'm not sure how. Probably something about median average as opposed to a simple mean average.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline pianodwarf

• Fellow
  • Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2012, 07:26:12 AM »
The sex-drive argument reminds me of the surveys which state that on average, men have more sexual partners than women. There was one in the UK last December (section 6.3.1):

When asked about the number of opposite sex partners they had had altogether in their life so far, men reported a mean of 9.3 female sexual partners, while women reported a lower number, a mean of 4.7 male sexual partners.

This cannot be correct, because each coupling involves one man and one woman, regardless of their identity. So the average should be the same for each sex.

You're assuming that each case of "sexual partnering" is a case of one man and one woman.  That's probably the most common type of sexual encounter, but it certainly isn't the only one.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-0
  • oyeme
« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2012, 04:59:58 PM »
Yeah, my first few times at it was what they call a "train."  Bunch of dudes taking turns with one girl.  Good times.  Didn't give me any weird sexual issues at all.
pero ya tu sabes...

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +11/-4
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »
Yeah, my first few times at it was what they call a "train."  Bunch of dudes taking turns with one girl.  Good times.  Didn't give me any weird sexual issues at all.
yeah but was it considered sex?

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-0
  • oyeme
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2012, 08:53:11 PM »
There was vaginal penetration.  Why would anyone call it anything different?
pero ya tu sabes...