Author Topic: Mom "saves" 15 year old son from becoming Legendary Awesomeness  (Read 14351 times)

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/betsy-brashear-lured-teen_n_1628441.html

Oklahoma woman Betsy Brashear, 24, was arrested around midnight last Thursday after allegedly luring a 15-year-old boy into a gym tanning room, taking off most of her clothes and kissing him, according to News on 6.

The worried mother knocked on the door of the room housing the booth. When her son answered, she spotted Brashear, who had been attempting to hide, and pulled her out of the room, according to the Daily Mail.

Gee, thanks Mom.

Queue the role-reversal disagreement, etc.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline Barracuda

Re: Mom "saves" 15 year old son from becoming Legendary Awesomeness
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:03:52 PM »
Why the fuck would you answer the door?

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:24:36 PM »
Poor taste, certainly poor timing and worse judgement.
http://www.ageofconsent.com/oklahoma.htm

AOC in Okahoma is 16.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »

I agree. You do mean the mom right?
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 01:06:45 AM »

I agree. You do mean the mom right?

No, I meant the woman deciding to have sex with a teenager in a public place.  I'm not sure how close to 16 the kids was so it may have been a legal gray area there, but regardless it was poor decision making.

Perhaps even the boy for not setting up a safer meeting place.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 01:42:58 AM »
I was joking, I knew what you meant. I hope she gets off with a slap on the wrist, which is frankly more than she deserves. This is a complete non-crime and any tax dollars spent on this are a fucking waste of resources.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 10:11:17 AM »
well if i had a child, i most certainly wouldn't want anyone doing that to them and i would be outraged. I'll be with the mother on this.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +644/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
If I had a 15 yo son, I would encourage him to pork 24 yo women.  They know better what to do and how to avoid getting knocked up than his peers would.  Two 15 yos copulating is trouble.  But the catch 22 is, what kind of 24 yo woman is attracted to a 15 yo?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 11:20:35 AM »
If I had a 15 yo son, I would encourage him to pork 24 yo women.  They know better what to do and how to avoid getting knocked up than his peers would.  Two 15 yos copulating is trouble.  But the catch 22 is, what kind of 24 yo woman is attracted to a 15 yo?

It happens.  My "first" was 27, and I was 17.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 08:42:05 PM »
I think there's several variables that can't be determined by age alone. But in general I've found that I can't date younger guys; it's never worked for me. I met my oldest daughters dad when I was 17 he was 23 or 24 I forget. We were together for 5 years and share the responsibility of raising a child together.

I'd be a hypocrite to tell anyone what is appropriate. But my ex is not the smartest apple in the bunch, nor is he the most mature. At 17 he was exactly the type of guy a teenager would date, if he was 17. You couldn't tell a difference. He was beyond immature, and since I was newly "emancipated"[1] partying and being irresponsible was tons of fun. Until it wasn't. I grew up and he didn't. He's still behaving like a teenager.

My fiance is 2 years older than me, it's nice. We are almost identical in maturity level and life goals. But is it because of his age? IDK, doubt a few years give or take would really change him all that much.

But I can't logically rationalize why a 24 year old woman has any business being with a 15 year old. I have life experience revolting against societies rules, I've always dated older men. But looking back 99.99% of the guys who were more than 2-3 years older than me were attempting to use me for my "innocence" and naivety. Their intentions had nothing to do with being in an amicable relationship, no desire to care about wants needs, or what was good for me.

The problem becomes with the deception. These fellas used their knowledge and life experience to con me in to thinking I was in real relationships. While I don't blame them entirely, and I'm not calling foul play entirely, I think there is a difference from two people saying, "Hey let's get physical." and one person pretending to have a relationship just to get physical.

So, it's only natural that the younger less experienced, less knowledgeable teenager will not be able to rationalize that they are being taken advantage of. Perhaps a 15 year old boy doesn't care, maybe it's cool, IDK never been a boy. But again in hindsight as a 15 year old girl I was used, those men were wrong, and I didn't know what I was doing.

As a mother, I think it's best if older men just stay away from my girls. I would act exactly how this mom in the OP did. I would be a hypocrite, I would not allow someone with that much of an age cap to infiltrate the safety of our family. But the same thing goes for young ravenous boys with raging hormones. But instead of calling the police I'd take my daughter home and attempt to educate her on why it was a bad decision.

Well at least that's my plan. Who knows what will happen until I'm faced with dealing with my teenage daughter. But I just don't see myself allowing her to be taken advantage of , and we all know teenagers don't listen to their parents so it's not like at that point I could help her rationalize things. Cause by then "I just won't get it."I hope to do my job and educate her properly along the way about what is being taken advantage of and what is a two sided relationship.
 1. Generalizing, but it explains it well.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:19:13 PM »
What kind of 24 yo woman is attracted to a 15 yo?

It happens.  My "first" was 27, and I was 17.

Legen--- wait for it!

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
--dary!

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »
I think there is a difference from two people saying, "Hey let's get physical." and one person pretending to have a relationship just to get physical.

Girls use sex to get love, and boys use love to get sex. It's been that way since the beginning of time. It blows my mind that most girls still don't understand this.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 09:38:23 PM »
joe

You are you being intentionally insulting or did you just not read what I said? You tell me where I said the guys I mentioned ever loved me, cared about me, or expressed any form of mutual caring? I said as 15 year old I was deceived by older guys. I never said that at 15 I was in any form of relationship that was emotionally two sided.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 10:03:32 PM »
I became sexually active at the ripe old age of 14. I thought we were going to get married and all that jazz. Ultimately I realized she was psychotic and in the long run it would be a miserable existence. When I was 16 I found myself in a relationship with a 21 year old. I just KNEW she was the one.

She dropped me like a bad habit when I told her I loved her.

One of the things that helped me get through the pain of that rejection was the realization that this older woman was just using me for my...uh...body.

I went pretty much celibate after that. I had no desire to add any notches to my belt.

Things were going pretty good. I was my own man. Came and went as I pleased and was beholden to no one. Then this Barbie Doll told me exactly what I needed to hear in order to get her hands on my giblets. Just as soon as she realized that I wasn't joking about only having sex with the woman I marry she was gone.

Used by an older woman again.

Despite my best efforts I hit double digits before I finally found a woman who was more interested in me than my penis.

Turns out she is several years younger than me. 
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 01:25:27 AM »
Are you being intentionally insulting or did you just not read what I said? You tell me where I said the guys I mentioned ever loved me, cared about me, or expressed any form of mutual caring? I said as 15 year old I was deceived by older guys. I never said that at 15 I was in any form of relationship that was emotionally two sided.

Again, girls use sex to get love, and boys use love to get sex. Boys dangle love out there like a carrot to get you into bed. It's often a ruse but it usually works. I didn't say they loved you, but you probably thought they would right? So you opened your legs to them, and that's what they really wanted.

This does not make men evil, this is simple a fundamental misunderstanding that women have of men. You assume we want the same things you do. Luckily despite hundreds of thousands of years of evidence, women still haven't seemed to figure this out. Otherwise, it wouldn't work anymore.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:27:18 AM by joebbowers »

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »
@Kimberly-

Have you read Tina Fey's Prayer for my Daughter? 

First, Lord: No tattoos. May neither Chinese symbol for truth nor Winnie-the-Pooh holding the FSU logo stain her tender haunches.

May she be Beautiful but not Damaged, for it’s the Damage that draws the creepy soccer coach’s eye, not the the Beauty.

When the Crystal Meth is offered,

May she remember the parents who cut her grapes in half

And stick with Beer.

Guide her, protect her

When crossing the street, stepping onto boats, swimming in the ocean, swimming in pools, walking near pools, standing on the nearby subway platform, crossing 86th Street, stepping off of boats, using mall restrooms, getting on and off escalators, driving on country roads while arguing, leaning on large windows, walking in parking lots, riding Ferris wheels, roller-coasters, log flumes, or anything called “Hell Drop,” “Tower of Torture,” or “The Death Spiral Rock N’ Zero G Roll featuring Aerosmith,” and standing on any kind of balcony ever, anywhere, at any age.

Lead her away from Acting but not all the way to Finance.

Something where she can make her own hours but still feel intellectually fulfilled and get outside sometimes

And not have to wear high heels.

What would that be, Lord? Architecture? Midwifery? Golf course design? I’m asking You because if I knew, I’d be doing it, Youdammit.

May she play the Drums to the fiery rhythm of her Own Heart with the sinewy strength of her Own Arms, so she need Not Lie With Drummers.

Grant her a Rough Patch from twelve to seventeen.

Let her draw horses and be interested in Barbies for much too long,

For Childhood is short — a Tiger Flower blooming

Magenta for one day –

And Adulthood is long and Dry-Humping in Cars will wait.

O Lord, break the Internet forever,

That she may be spared the misspelled invective of her peers

And the online marketing campaign for Rape Hostel V: Girls Just Wanna Get Stabbed.

And when she one day turns on me and calls me a Bitch in front of Hollister,

Give me the strength, Lord, to yank her directly into a cab in front of her friends,

For I will not have that Shit. I will not have it.

And should she choose to be a Mother one day, be my eyes, Lord,

That I may see her, lying on a blanket on the floor at 4:50 a.m., all-at-once exhausted, bored, and in love with the little creature whose poop is leaking up its back.

“My mother did this for me once,” she will realize as she cleans feces off her baby’s neck.

“My mother did this for me.” And the delayed gratitude will wash over her as it does each generation and she will make a Mental note to call me. And she will forget.

But I’ll know, because I peeped it with Your God eyes.

Amen.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 08:04:47 AM »
Are you being intentionally insulting or did you just not read what I said? You tell me where I said the guys I mentioned ever loved me, cared about me, or expressed any form of mutual caring? I said as 15 year old I was deceived by older guys. I never said that at 15 I was in any form of relationship that was emotionally two sided.

Again, girls use sex to get love, and boys use love to get sex. Boys dangle love out there like a carrot to get you into bed. It's often a ruse but it usually works. I didn't say they loved you, but you probably thought they would right? So you opened your legs to them, and that's what they really wanted.

This does not make men evil, this is simple a fundamental misunderstanding that women have of men. You assume we want the same things you do. Luckily despite hundreds of thousands of years of evidence, women still haven't seemed to figure this out. Otherwise, it wouldn't work anymore.

Your tone and verbiage is inappropriate. I never said I gave in to their BS and had sex with them. Please try speaking to me more respectfully. And your over simplification of the male/female dynamics is rather disgusting. Maybe there are plenty of uncivilized men like yourself out there who aren't capable of offering anything more than sex but to say none of them can is ignorant.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »
@Kimberly-

Have you read Tina Fey's Prayer for my Daughter? 

No, that was a first. Thank you.

That sums it up rather accurately. I don't live in a fantasy land where I think I can protect her from all evils. But damn it if I won't try.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
Your tone and verbiage is inappropriate. I never said I gave in to their BS and had sex with them. Please try speaking to me more respectfully. And your over simplification of the male/female dynamics is rather disgusting. Maybe there are plenty of uncivilized men like yourself out there who aren't capable of offering anything more than sex but to say none of them can is ignorant.

Brava! I'd +1 you, but I have to wait 2 hours.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 09:49:25 AM »
<snip>

joebbowers, this may surprise you, but not everyone is exactly like you think they are. In fact, I'm willing to bet nobody is exactly like you think they are... except you. Don't project your insecurities, flaws and mental illnesses (if you claim that homosexuality an illness, then I can damn well extend that to your sexual orientation as well) onto the rest of us.

I've never had sex, in spite of several opportunities to do so. Sex to me is just another way to prove to someone that you love them, akin to a gift or a date. It's supposed to make the other person feel good.
You, however, seem to be hormonally stuck at puberty and evolutionary stuck at ape, so you still think sex is for reproduction and pleasure. Grow up.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:51:56 AM by One Above All »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »
Meh, take it or leave it, it's the truth.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +274/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 10:14:11 AM »
You really are pathetic and dishonest. I just told you that it's not true and gave my personal example. I'm sure other members have similar opinions to my own. Yet you can't admit that you're wrong. That's just sad.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +531/-13
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »
To be blunt, good for the mom.  I have never thought much of the idea that it's somehow an achievement for an adolescent to have sex, and (related to the subsequent discussion) I find the idea that it's "okay" for a guy to use whatever means he feels necessary in order to "score" to be somewhere between contemptible and detestable.

I don't really care if two consenting partners want to have sex with each other.  I do care when someone is so focused on (or perhaps obsessed with) having sex that they're willing to pull what amounts to a scam on another person in order to get it.  That's not that far shy of rape, in my opinion, and even leaving that aside, it's pretty pathetic when someone feels they have to pull a scam to get something to begin with.  Perhaps I'm a bit old-fashioned, but I'm reminded of a saying I heard once; an honest businessman has little to fear from a recession.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 10:37:49 AM »
Meh, take it or leave it, it's the truth.

No, the truth is you're missing out on the other 23 hours of the day. Assuming you spend 1hr engaging in sexual activity, have a partner, and have sex every day. Otherwise you're prob limiting your life experience with the opposite sex even more so. It's your loss dude.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 10:39:33 AM »
I don't really care if two consenting partners want to have sex with each other.  I do care when someone is so focused on (or perhaps obsessed with) having sex that they're willing to pull what amounts to a scam on another person in order to get it.  That's not that far shy of rape, in my opinion, and even leaving that aside, it's pretty pathetic when someone feels they have to pull a scam to get something to begin with.  Perhaps I'm a bit old-fashioned, but I'm reminded of a saying I heard once; an honest businessman has little to fear from a recession.

QFT. Thank you for writing it more eloquently than I did.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +125/-2
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2012, 10:47:27 AM »
So let me get this straight, a mother and her child visit a fitness center where her son is lured away to have sex acts performed on him while the mother is still close by? That 24 year old woman is a fucking predator. I can't imagine trying to coax a little girl away from her family so I can have my way with her. That's unimaginably creepy.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +807/-5
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 03:18:18 PM »
My daughter is a very young and immature 15. Anybody ten years her senior, male or female , who tries to pull any sh!t like that on her will have my size 12's up their a$$ so far they will have a footprint on their tongue. Police may be needed-- to pry my hands from around their throat.

A parent's primary duty is to protect their kids. I wish my parents had protected me.

And, as for you joebbowers, would you still think it was "legendary awesome" if that woman managed to talk that boy into some unprotected sexual act[1] that left him feeling ashamed, embarrassed, worried about causing a pregnancy, at risk of a disease, and afraid to tell anyone about it? Are bragging rights really that important?

Because the main reason older people prey sexually on younger people is to get away with sh!t that most people their own age are already hip to. Same reason sex tourists go to third world countries--to prey on young and unprotected kids.
 1. a young male student said that older women seek him out at parties because he will do it "raw dog"
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 04:42:02 PM »
What, nogodsforme, you don't want some dude getting his legendary awesomeness kungfu panda cool dude award for getting it on with your daughter?

Seriously, though. When you said, "A parent's primary duty is to protect their kids. I wish my parents had protected me." I thought you were speaking from my heart!

My daughters will not be allowed the same freedoms I was at 15. My mom let me get away with far too much!