Author Topic: learned a new tool in the debate. Evolution is used to make our vaccines  (Read 986 times)

Offline Turbo SS

• Graduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Alot of you may already know this but it was news to me.  At the FreeOk event this weekend we had a virologist speak about how they create vaccines using evolution.

Essentially they take the virus and put it in a chicken egg for example.  Well the virus isn't good at multiplying inside of a chicken egg so it doesn't have many offspring.  The scientist then takes the surviving offspring and puts them in another chicken egg and it may have a more offspring then its parents.  They continue to do this until the descendents have evolved the ability to favor reproducing inside of chicken eggs and create lots of virus offspring.  They then take the evolved virus and inject it into a human as a vaccine.  Since the virus now likes to reproduce in chicken eggs, it no longer is able to reproduce well inside of a human.  Therefore your body is able to kill it quickly and learn how to fight that type of virus.

Anyway, I know you guys already have plenty of proofs but I thought that was a pretty relevant one for seeing evolution in action.  I think if more creationists heard that, they may think twice at least about what evolution is. So hopefully this helps if anyone here needs more examples of proof.

Yes I am sure plenty of them would say well ya that's micro evolution not macro so there!  &)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
And that is why vaccines are evil.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Wrec

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
All animal- and plantbreeding is also based on evolution. It's not a coincidence that bananas are sweet and tasty. It's natural selection, only with human intervention. Process remains the same :).

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
All animal- and plantbreeding is also based on evolution. It's not a coincidence that bananas are sweet and tasty. It's natural selection, only with human intervention. Process remains the same :).

But, But.... Kirk Cameron said that Bananas were created specifically to fit inside the human hand.  &)
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
And when you pull the tab it doesn't squirt in your face!

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +61/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
But, But.... Kirk Cameron said that Bananas were created specifically to fit inside the human hand.  &)

Kirk won't admit to the other places he's learned a banana will fit.
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member

That is why god supported the CIA sponsored overthrow of the democratically elected government of Guatemala in 1954.  That president was moving towards agrarian reform, which would have given the land worked by Mayan serfs to those Mayan serfs - whose ancestors had worked that land for thousands of years before my ancestors arrived in this hemisphere. 

But what about the bananas????

But United Fruit Company NEEDED that land and those Mayan laborers to bring the sacred bananas to those of us who live in a nation that god did not bless with banana trees. 

God would not have made such a perfect fruit if he did not want us to enjoy it.  And if a few hundred thousand Guatemalans had to die to ensure that we have access to the sacred fruit, well, that is god's will. 

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +171/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog

That is why god supported the CIA sponsored overthrow of the democratically elected government of Guatemala in 1954.  That president was moving towards agrarian reform, which would have given the land worked by Mayan serfs to those Mayan serfs - whose ancestors had worked that land for thousands of years before my ancestors arrived in this hemisphere. 

But what about the bananas????

But United Fruit Company NEEDED that land and those Mayan laborers to bring the sacred bananas to those of us who live in a nation that god did not bless with banana trees. 

God would not have made such a perfect fruit if he did not want us to enjoy it.  And if a few hundred thousand Guatemalans had to die to ensure that we have access to the sacred fruit, well, that is god's will.

A nice reminder of how humans work things out (good, bad, or indifferent), versus the God approach!