Author Topic: jakec47's beliefs  (Read 5333 times)

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: jakec47's beliefs
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »
Jakec47:  Just to prove my point, I challange you to a formal debate on who has a better understanding of your own LORD, this man called 'Jesus'...

In it, I will start with rules and a general interpretation point.  If you contradict my translation point of view, I will challenge you to listen to what Jesus' point of view was.  I want to see if you are the kind of 'witness' that I was to these people...  I want to know who knew this man better - you, who listened to everything in the bible and claim to understand it, or me, an atheist, who can interpret anything about jesus and tell you what you want to know.

Just pick out sayings only - if I know it, I'll tell you what it means.  If you have a rebuttal against the translation, I'll note it.

After all - I'm supposed to be a heathen, and you should understand this stuff better than me, agreed?  Don't be a coward.
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2012, 11:18:05 PM »
Nevermind.  I have lost interest already
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline DKEN

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2012, 09:29:30 AM »
My beliefs are as follows:
 - I believe that there is one God, the God of the Bible.
 - I believe that the Flood was an actual happening and that Noah's ark was historical.
 - I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God
 - I do not believe in Evolution, however I do not understand it, I believe God made all animals according to their various kinds.
 - I believe the Earth is about 6,000 years old not billions.
 - I believe anything the Bible says
 - I believe in Heaven for the saved.
 - I believe those not saved will be annihilated in hellfire.
 - I believe when we die we sleep until the resurrection at the end of days.
That is about most of the beliefs I can think of right now. Which one would you like to discuss?

Do you mind if I ask you about the "annihilation" part of your beliefs?  Are you talking total destruction of the complete entity? 

Offline jakec47

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +4/-13
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2012, 04:57:31 PM »
Well I am talking about the destruction of the wicked. Since I believe the body is composed of the dust of the earth and the breath of God (not a conscience spirit), but the breath that gives life. And they are annihilated, never to live again. The breath returns to God and they die.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2012, 08:21:53 PM »
Jake, saying that people will just be dead or remain dead instead of being tortured for all eternity is a much more honest and telling tale about you.  As you can tell, I'm no longer blasting you as I do other theists. 

That said, it doesn't change my opinion that religion is a harmful tool.  I hope you can keep fighting the good fight and not put too much hypothetical and mystery or metaphors in all of it..

Offline JohnKurwa

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • why you no open minded?
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2012, 09:59:12 AM »
My beliefs are as follows:
 - I believe that the Flood was an actual happening and that Noah's ark was historical.
 - I do not believe in Evolution, however I do not understand it, I believe God made all animals according to their various kinds.
 - I believe the Earth is about 6,000 years old not billions.
 - I believe in Heaven for the saved.
 - I believe those not saved will be annihilated in hellfire.
 - I believe when we die we sleep until the resurrection at the end of days.
That is about most of the beliefs I can think of right now. Which one would you like to discuss?

Hi jakec47,

What exactly makes you believe in these things? Were you taught so by your parents or was it your own decision?

You also say that you:

[...]
[...]

Please have a look at below quotes:

Lev 20:13

'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.' (http://bible.cc/leviticus/20-13.htm)

Mat 22:37-40

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.
All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

So firstly what i want to know:

Are gay people not our 'neigbours'? And would you kill your children if they were homosexual.

If you can answer these three questions it would be great.

Thanks

small typo fixed for clarity GB
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:53:45 AM by Graybeard »
practice what you preach!

Offline DKEN

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2012, 08:16:58 AM »
Offline jakec47

Undergraduate
    Darwins +4/-13
    [applaud] [smite]
    WWGHA Member
        View Profile
        Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2012, 04:57:31 PM »

Well I am talking about the destruction of the wicked. Since I believe the body is composed of the dust of the earth and the breath of God (not a conscience spirit), but the breath that gives life. And they are annihilated, never to live again. The breath returns to God and they die.
Report to moderator   Logged
Offline jeremy0

Postgraduate
    Darwins +21/-1
    [applaud] [smite]
    join the cause
        View Profile
        Uh, tech stuff that you can't understand..!
        Email
        Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2012, 08:21:53 PM »

Jake, saying that people will just be dead or remain dead instead of being tortured for all eternity is a much more honest and telling tale about you.  As you can tell, I'm no longer blasting you as I do other theists.

That said, it doesn't change my opinion that religion is a harmful tool.  I hope you can keep fighting the good fight and not put too much hypothetical and mystery or metaphors in all of it..
Report to moderator   Logged

Hi Jakec 47,  do you notice that when you discount what the Bible says about a subject, like the total annihilation of the "person" verses the eternal torment that the Bible states plainly as literal and not figurative burning, that the ungodly like you more?  It is very comforting, if you don't want to think of yourself having to answer to God, if, as an alternative He will just let you sleep forever.  Were you a former JW?

Offline DKEN

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2012, 08:19:16 AM »
Whoops, sorry, I meant to ask "ARE you a former JW?"