Author Topic: Nam - The least interesting man on the forum  (Read 1161 times)

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: Nam - The least interesting man on the forum
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »
...and  the red-eyed circus circuitry can differentiate grades of uninteresting with professional skill
practised in the art of holding his breath ('cause sharing is not caring in this case)
He, rotten bearer of the dappled green gums (eucalyptic syphilitic )
fails to recognise that the apparent "uninteresting", is in fact the rampant "uninterested".

And why do his victims ( that mouth can only be classed as a tormentor) practise stoically ignoring him?

Because their normal response is pointless...
....In space no one can hear you scream

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »
I was going to say he had a man-crush,,,,
Its called a bro-mance  &)

It's not funny with out a fresh beat to give you the right visuals of their bromance for one another...

Hal is played by the white guy singing lead.
Nam is the leary guy in the begining and the one at the end who still doesn't get it.
lotanddaughters is played by nigahiga; he's the guy rapping with the lead singer.

The rest of the guys in the video playing pool and pillow fighting are Grant and MM.

The end.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:06:28 PM by Kimberly »
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »
She has a 10 speed blender and has used every speed - on purpose

She put her password in her signature so if forgotten she could look it up easily

She reads the instruction manuals to her appliances as bedtime stories for her kids

Kimberly - one of the least interesting women on the forum

"I don't always make posts - but when I do, I make sure to click the Post button"

"Stay uninteresting my friends"

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 04:28:29 PM »
Ok so you were right that was fun.

She has a 10 speed blender and has used every speed - on purpose

I really would do this. /lame

She put her password in her signature so if forgotten she could look it up easily

Seen my error log huh?

She reads the instruction manuals to her appliances as bedtime stories for her kids

Would you find it ironic if I told you I don't read directions or owners manuals for stuff I buy? I also don't follow the cooking instructions on recipes, drives Dustin mad! You would think I would know better but how could I when I know everything? ::EVIL LAUGH::
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:30:37 PM by Kimberly »

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 06:31:33 PM »
ME  ;D
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 07:01:52 PM »
Then I guess me, after all, I did call him a twat.

I mean he's run out of 'least interesting man on the forum' and 'leasting interesting woman on the forum', I wonder if his creativity can stretch further?  ;D

Would you find it ironic if I told you I don't read directions or owners manuals for stuff I buy? I

Only a fool reads a manual, which is why manuals are the best places to hid things. Did you know Osama Bin Laden spent 3 years inside of a manual? But nobody just never thought to read it. It was fool proof, but it was when he decided to nip out for a pack of cigarettes he got caught.

True story.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:20:49 PM by Seppuku »
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 07:10:00 PM »
Only a fool reads a manual, which is why manuals are the best places to hid things. Did you know Osama Bin Laden spent 3 years inside of a manual? But nobody just never thought to read it. It was fool proof, but it was when he decided to nip out for a pack of cigarettes he got caught.

Try story.

In my line of work it's the fools who aren't reading their manuals. That's why it's ironic for me to not read them[1]. But I read them almost everyday as part of my job, so when I get one it gets thrown in the, "I will eventually read this pile.". That pile ends up in the, "I will eventually file this away folder.". Which sometimes gets filed in the cabinet but most of the time ends up in the trash.

It's actually weird, at work I'm super hyper organized[2], at home not so much. I try but there's no one making sit there for 8 hours making me meet performance objectives at home.
 1. And why HAL suggest I read them as bed time stories.
 2. It is part of what makes me good at my job. I can reduce turn around time rather nicely by reducing redundancy and increasing organization.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »
It's actually weird, at work I'm super hyper organized[2], at home not so much. I try but there's no one making sit there for 8 hours making me meet performance objectives at home.

I think that's most of us to be fair. Why on earth would you want to be like you are at work at home? Jeez, I'd have to dress smart all the time and that just wouldn't sit well, scruffy is how I like it.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »
I mean he's run out of 'least interesting man on the forum' and 'leasting interesting woman on the forum', I wonder if his creativity can stretch further?  ;D

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »
HAL, the only person to kill the "That's what she said" joke.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 07:37:34 PM »
Hal, you are the one wh is ignoring me. I respond to your other topics. Prior to your first topic based on one of my comments, you ignored me in every single topic you started or someone else did after you banned me for life from the website that no longer exists. You even placed me on your ignore list here.

And, you ignored me even in responses to you on your own topics by disregarding my reply as anything but nonsense 'cause you don't agree with it. Hell, until pressed by certain members, you ignored others here on your own topics.

You've broken more rules of this website as an Administrator and regular member in the past 2 weeks than I ever have on this website or your own combined.

Frankly I think you want to be banned from this website, and I'm surprised you're not on the same "watchlist" as I am, and some others on here.

I guess you still have friends that run this place. Hell, Ambassador Pony seems to have joined in with you, whether in jest or not.

Y'all can keep on attacking me, it's not bothering me at all.

I find humorous that the rules don't seem to apply to everyone.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 07:43:18 PM »
Hal, you are the one wh [sic] is ignoring me.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 07:47:45 PM »
Quote from: Nam
Y'all can keep on attacking me, it's not bothering me at all.

In all honesty, I don't have a problem with you. I figured this was just a joke thread, but then I've not followed much of the discussions between the 2 of you and obviously that's between you two. Also seems like this thread is an opportunity to insult HAL without any immediate consequences.  :P

Have a freebie Nam, use it as you see fit:

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 07:53:06 PM »
Nam,

What you speak of is true. HAL was a big ole jerk to your big ole jerkiness. You weren't the king of being civilized at ATT. As I recall you refused moderation and stated you would never follow the rules. But it was not HAL who banned you for life. HAL didn't make decisions on the permanence of every ban. There was the best democracy money could buy at ATT and your unwillingness to corporate got you the ax.

But all that being said. This is NOT ATT. This is not HAL's forum. HAL is not an admin here, and you can keep bringing up the past all day long. It doesn't change anything and nothing can be accomplished from your constant mention of it. If HAL was wrong can he now unban you from ATT? No, so by all means dude get over it.

You do realize at the end of the day this forum too could be wiped out. Do you think anyone is going to care what yours or HAL's personas were on here when it's gone? Do you think your opinions posted on this database will some how turn in to a meaningful life changing experience that you will be take with you once it's gone? IDK what you think but when this forum is gone, no one is going to care what someone once said about you online.

I think everyone takes  their online personas entirely too seriously, yes it may very well matter today who has the highest amount of darwins or who post the most eloquent posts. But can you take that with you when you die? Can you pay for your college tuition with forum credibility? Is Visa going to allow you to make payments with post counts?

Sit back, relax, have some cake, and eat it too my friend. Because otherwise your just some guy online who thinks his injustice matters.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 07:56:20 PM »
Hal, I have a sense of humor, a very scarcastic one. But the thing is, I tell a mod a fact about me, and he takes that as a "challenge" and places me on a "watchlist". I didn't even challenge him. And, I'm still on the damn list. You break all the major rules, and nothing happens to you. And, if you think you not being an Admin anymore is doing something: it's not. Why? 'Cause you're still breaking rules, and nothing is happening.

If I break another rule: my "watchlist" goes to another percentage level.

Fuck you, and your humor.

My last comment on this topic.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 07:59:03 PM »
I vote for Nam to be removed from the watchlist!  :police:

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 08:04:59 PM »
If I break another rule: my "watchlist" goes to another percentage level.

Fuck you, and your humor.

Well, don't staple yourself over it or anything.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2012, 08:14:01 PM »
Nam,

What you speak of is true. HAL was a big ole jerk to your big ole jerkiness. You weren't the king of being civilized at ATT. As I recall you refused moderation and stated you would never follow the rules. But it was not HAL who banned you for life. HAL didn't make decisions on the permanence of every ban. There was the best democracy money could buy at ATT and your unwillingness to corporate got you the ax.

What rules did I not follow? And, I have never said, in my life "I will not follow rules, ever.". Y'all got what you asked for from me at that website. I was designated the "asshole", there, and so, I became what y'all told me I was. That's what I do, been doing it my entire life. You see me as being something then I become the best I can of y'all's perception of me.
Someone called me an asshole, and a mean person 'cause they didn't like my ctitique of their poems even though I warned them, several times, that they wouldn't like my response. Yet they kept on. Asking, and so I did critique. And, they responded exactly they way I told them they would: and I was the asshole. No, they were.

I consistently called GamerGirl out on her nonsense when no one else would and 99.9% of the time, my observations of her rhetoric was correct but I was the asshole.

Y'all made me the asshole: so, I obliged.

But all that being said. This is NOT ATT. This is not HAL's forum. HAL is not an admin here, and you can keep bringing up the past all day long. It doesn't change anything and nothing can be accomplished from your constant mention of it. If HAL was wrong can he now unban you from ATT? No, so by all means dude get over it.

The past intersects with now, it's how I know Hal. The only problem I ever had with Hal was when he deleted my comments without explanation, at ATT. If he just gave one, I would have dropped it. Hal may have been a member here before ATT but my problem with him started there.

And you say "Hal's not an Admin here" as if he hasn't been prior to just little time ago. Please with defensive rhetoric.

You do realize at the end of the day this forum too could be wiped out. Do you think anyone is going to care what yours or HAL's personas were on here when it's gone? Do you think your opinions posted on this database will some how turn in to a meaningful life changing experience that you will be take with you once it's gone? IDK what you think but when this forum is gone, no one is going to care what someone once said about you online.

Your first line: you say that as if I spend all my time here. I don't. The rest: rhetoric.

I think everyone takes  their online personas entirely too seriously, yes it may very well matter today who has the highest amount of darwins or who post the most eloquent posts. But can you take that with you when you die? Can you pay for your college tuition with forum credibility? Is Visa going to allow you to make payments with post counts?

I am me on this website. It's not a "persona".

Sit back, relax, have some cake, and eat it too my friend. Because otherwise your just some guy online who thinks his injustice matters.

Everyone's injustice matters.

-Nam

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2012, 08:33:42 PM »
Nam,

Yes your injustice matters today. I didn't mean to imply that it didn't. What I meant was that there comes a time when it's better to let the past rest and move on. You and HAL have history, I watched it unfold and neither of you are 100% "right". But let's not pretend that you didn't play a role in your own demise. You personally treated me very poorly. You offended me more than any other member at WWGHA or ATT combined. But I still stood up for you and voted against several moderator actions about you. Not because I liked you personally, I had no reason to, but because to me you add value to most conversations you are involved in. You are at times what appears to be the most intentionally jerkish person on the forum[1], but you're overall purpose and meaning did more good than bad. IMHO. So, all BS aside, I was for the most part team Nam.

Ever heard the old AA tradition? I don't recall which number it is and I don't care to look it up. But it basically says you have to place people before personalities. While that concept can't always work in life it does allow me to get over things that would otherwise linger beyond their expiration date. There's nothing that can be done to change how your are personified other than action from yourself[2]. You can reflect blame back on others all day long, but you are responsible for what you post as much as you expect anyone else to be.

When I say sit back and enjoy the cake, I mean it. Don't take things too seriously, is this place worth the baggage you carry? Is HAL worth the baggage you carry? If your answer is yes than the problem is no one but yourself. I'm not your enemy Nam, never was. I, at most times, prefer your blunt honesty over the smoke and mirrors some people post.

I know you want to right some wrong, but there's nothing more that can be done. If you want to be removed from the watch list here, email the Admin and ask for review of your history. IDK what got you put on the list but I'm sure if you are reasonable they will be too.

I can throw more sayings at your like "be the bigger man" , "let bygones be bygones" , or "don't make a mountain out of a mole hill." but you are smart enough to know that you can't change people. You can't make HAL tell you what you want to hear. You can't change the past. All you can do is move on and start anew. Whether or not you choose to allow this one "problem" to dictate your stay at WWGHA is up to you.
 1. Except here, you seem nicer for some reason. I'm still a noob so IDK why.
 2. Which you seem to have taken, except when it relates to HAL

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2012, 08:41:48 PM »
I don't mean to butt in, but.......

HAL, can you meme me?[1]
 1. That sounds kind of sexual in a way
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »
I don't mean to butt in, but.......

HAL, can you meme me?[1]
 1. That sounds kind of sexual in a way

Yea I will, I have to be inspired, maybe tomorrow.

Meanwhile -

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2012, 09:35:55 PM »
Pick on me - pick on me! The problem around here is we don't have enough fun threads!

Well, i showed this thread to my shrink and he thought both you and nam were rather interesting.

:police:
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2012, 10:40:59 PM »
Thread locked.  I think we can find better ways to make the forum more enjoyable.