Author Topic: Obama Outhouse  (Read 570 times)

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
Obama Outhouse
« on: June 18, 2012, 06:15:38 PM »
Birthers Erect ‘Obama Outhouse’ At Montana GOP Convention

A shotgun, an outhouse, and a birth certificate stamped “bullshit” all made appearances at Montana’s GOP convention over the weekend.

At Saturday’s convention in Missoula, Montana, a few convention-goers set up outside with an outhouse labeled “Obama’s Presidential Library.” But that wasn’t the most outrageous part. According to the Missoulian, the outhouse was also decorated in sexism, birtherism, and implicit threats:

The outhouse was painted to look as though it had been riddled by bullets.

Inside, a fake birth certificate for Barack Hussein Obama made reference to the disproven controversy over the president’s origins. It was stamped “Bull––.” A graffito advised “For a Good Time call 800-Michelle (crossed out), Hillary (crossed out) and Pelosi (circled in red.)”

State GOP Chairman Will Deschamps of Missoula said he didn’t know who’d brought the outhouse, but dismissed it as “a sideshow.”

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/06/18/501145/obama-outhouse-montana/?mobile=nc

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Obama Outhouse
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »
I wonder what Romney's effigy will be?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 06:27:41 PM »
Ummm...doesn't ParkingPlaces live in Montana?  PP, what's going on over there?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 07:29:27 PM »
Real classy...GOP.  What a bunch of racist rednecks. :(
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »
This doesn't surprise me one bit.

In all honesty the moment for me when I realized that there are enough conservatives who hate Obama more than they love the country that it's considered a normal part of their party came when I watched a room full of them applaud when they heard the US would not be hosting the Olympics.  They were happy simply because it's something President Obama wanted and didn't get.

I don't even think that they (as a group) are all racisty,[1] or ultra mega religious.  I think they've just bought into the 'us vs them' rhetoric hook line and sinker.
 1.  that's a word now dammit.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +115/-2
  • You know
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »
But of course there are no racists.
Nah son...

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
No, there are plenty of racists, I just don't bother trying to categorize an entire political party as racist.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Gracie

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 09:03:14 PM »
The hatred, disrespect and ignorance are so rampant in the GOP now.   Birthers are the new KKK.

Can you imagine anybody at a DNC event pulling a stunt like this?

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »
But of course there are no racists.

No worries - it's just a "sideshow" -

State GOP Chairman Will Deschamps of Missoula said he didn’t know who’d brought the outhouse, but dismissed it as “a sideshow.”

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 09:12:37 PM »
A sideshow with traceable licence plates.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:20:43 PM by MadBunny »

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »

I can.

They are all the same, politicians.

Their followers are all the same, lemmings.

Both sides demonize the other side. It really is just a side show. But please, pay no attention to the men behind the curtain.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »
They are all the same, politicians.

Demonstrably untrue.  Campaign negatively, use dirty tricks and turn off most of the electorate so they tune out and  your highly motivated, angry kooks are enough to win the vote.  This is the right wing strategy and has been for 40 years.  They want you to think they are all the same.  Look at the current gridlock. So many people blame Washington or both sides for not compromising.  But if you read what happened, the dems have made concessions, but the repubs have not budged on anything. 

Their followers are all the same,

Demonstrably untrue.  Read the comments at the Free Republic and then read the ones at think progress.   

Both sides demonize the other side.

true, but that does not make the policies and goals of both parties the same.  Nor is the degree to which this happens the same.  The right wing has a media empire dedicated to propaganda, per se.  The worst you can say about the dems is some media outlets show a little favor toward them, though if you are familiar with Media Matters[1], you would see that is not even all it is cracked up to be.

But please, pay no attention to the men behind the curtain.

Who would that be?
 1. http://mediamatters.org/
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 10:29:33 PM »
Demonstrably untrue.  Campaign negatively, use dirty tricks and turn off most of the electorate so they tune out and  your highly motivated, angry kooks are enough to win the vote.  This is the right wing strategy and has been for 40 years.  They want you to think they are all the same.

Uncle Screwtape, I love you to death man...do you really need me to show you examples of negative campaigns launched by Democratic candidates? Do we need to go down the list and count tit for tat which side is more EDIT negate(meant to say negative...Freud would love that slip) than the other?[1] How do we weigh which is more negative than the other?

1. I think it's like the pot calling the kettle black
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:55:15 PM by Mr. Blackwell »
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +78/-23
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 10:42:14 PM »

I can.

Please look at the 11th picture down. It was taken at an Obama rally in Denver, 2008

http://www.binscorner.com/pages/d/death-threats-against-bush-at-protests-i.html

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +115/-2
  • You know
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 05:17:52 AM »
No, there are plenty of racists, I just don't bother trying to categorize an entire political party as racist.

No.  There are no racists.  I guarantee you, if you ask anyone there if they're a racist they will say no, they will be offended by the suggestion, offer up that they have black friends that would find said suggestion ludicrous and that they really like Herman Cain, Allen West, Bobby Jindal, etc.

The hatred, disrespect and ignorance are so rampant in the GOP now.   Birthers are the new KKK.

Yes.  And I say this as a liberal and as a Democrat. 

Let me put it like this, before I went to school I almost exclusively interracted with black and brown people.  LA is segregated like that.  So college for me was the first time I interracted with white people my age on a regular basis.  And one of the first experiences I had was what they called a "gangster party."  I found it just as racist and offensive as anything that's now coming from the Tea Party.  It's hard to put into words exactly, but I felt like they were appropriating and mocking this sort of essentialized version of blackness and I found it disturbing.  I felt like they were slanderizing and inslulting my culture.  And almost all of those kids would have identified as liberals.  I think it reflected the same sort of thinking that led to this bit from Bill Maher:

That shit is racist, son.

I mean yeah, he's a commedian and yeah, I still like Bill Maher and I enjoy his show but let's not pretend that racism only exists on the right.  If the tables were turned, if say, Colon Powell or Condi Rice had been the first black president I guarantee you there would be some racist nonsense coming from our side.

That said, I don't want to act like this is on some "both sides do it" shit.  I think that the Republicans are far far worse and that it's pretty obvious why this would be the case if you look at the respective demographics of the parties.  I'm just saying, to my fellow liberals out there, let's not pretend that our shit don't stink.

Oh, and if anyone's annoyed with this post because it has thus far operated under the assumption that only racism on the part of white people counts, let me offer up the fact that until relatively recently, the phrase "cracker ass cracker" was used pretty frequently by yours truly because I thought it was hilarious.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:40:12 AM by Timo »
Nah son...

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +131/-7
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 06:23:58 AM »
Timo, I am not a person of color but I know many who are. I talk to them often. I also know many "white" (non-color?) people who are liberal, many who are conservative and many who are prejudiced or racist. I know a few people of color who are also prejudiced and racist, too. Just to be clear, at this point I am not registered with either political party but when I was previously registered with a party I was a Republican.

Is it true that one or more people who are registered Democrats could think up crazy, prejudiced, racist, completely untrue shit and attempt to spill it over the airwaves? Yes, there is no doubt about that. However, there is a definite difference in how these people would be treated once they attempted to do this -- they would be ostracized.

As you can see with the Republican establishment, the outhouse is welcome at a local rallies and likely even a state convention. I doubt it would be at the national convention, but at this point I've learned that when it comes to the Republicans don't bet on class having anything to do with their message. Romney might just be visiting it in the parking lot outside the convention center come August. The Democrats would not put up with such a display of their brethren. They might get a cackle out of it or crack a joke about it, perhaps even cracking a joke about how such idiots are even in their midst, but it wouldn't be put on display and accepted as fact. It would not be encouraged. It would not be used to generate donations.

What do Republican candidates for POTUS do (with obvious racist, idiotic shit)? They court it, they like it, they talk sideways when challenged about any claimed facts it represents -- they clearly do not disown it and neither does the GOP leadership. It makes money for them. They hope it gets votes for them. The Republicans have blatantly advertised themselves as the unsophisticated, anti-intellectual party up to the point where I can no longer see a dividing line between the GOP and the KKK. The GOP may not wear white hoods, but everything they say, do and encourage would be at home with the KKK (although the KKK would say the GOP has not gone far enough).

What is the closest thing I have seen by Democrats? To use your reference, Bill Maher recently had a small sketch in which he questioned why Romney hadn't come clean on his "other wives", which I took as assuming Romney is a Big Love style candidate who is hiding his other wives and children. It was a comedic sketch. No one else has questioned Romney having other wives. Yet, the Republicans have routinely questioned whether Obama was born in the United States even though Hawaii has confirmed it repeatedly. John McCain even corrected a woman on the campaign trail when she said that Obama was a Muslim who wasn't born in America (though McCain did not make that correction sufficiently loud, IMNSHO), but the rest of the GOP continues to let people think that Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya. They like it. They think it will get them votes. The Democrats and Romney? There is no talk about Romney's hidden wives and children. Why not? The Democratic party doesn't have enough ignorant, anti-intellectual members to make it work. They also have enough class and enough factual material to go after the issues.

Do I think Republicans, individually or collectively, are racists? I do not know, but they don't seem to mind doing whatever is required to attract racists and their money. I call that aiding and abetting, which they do often in public because they never let facts get in the way of donations and votes. There was a time when that was not so, but the past 20 years, for sure, have revealed that is what the GOP is about.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +115/-2
  • You know
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 06:42:14 AM »
I think you misunderstood my point.  I thought that I had made it abundantly clear that I don't think that the parties behave in the same manner.  I think the "both sides do it" narrative is bullshit.  All I'm saying, and this is a very narrow point, is that there is racism on the left.  I've experienced it and I just don't have a hard time imagining a scenario in which we'd be asked to defend our racists.  Say, if the good people at the DNC decided that we need to co-opt the Occupy movement in the same way that the RNC has co-opted the Tea Party.

Also:

John McCain even corrected a woman on the campaign trail when she said that Obama was a Muslim who wasn't born in America (though McCain did not make that correction sufficiently loud, IMNSHO)

Nah, John McCain corrected a woman that claimed that Obama was an Arab.  And his correction, while held up as this great shining moment in modern American politics, was itself, kind of racist:

"No ma'am.  He's a decent family man, citizen."

Nah son!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:48:14 AM by Timo »
Nah son...

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 08:28:45 AM »
Uncle Screwtape, I love you to death man...do you really need me to show you examples of negative campaigns launched by Democratic candidates? Do we need to go down the list and count tit for tat which side is more EDIT negate(meant to say negative...Freud would love that slip) than the other?[1] How do we weigh which is more negative than the other?
 1. I think it's like the pot calling the kettle black

I love you too, darling, and our different perspectives on this matter need not diminish our mutual affection.

My claim is not that dems do not use negative campaigning methods.  They do.  They must.  It is an arms race in a war without rules.  I forget which old enlightenment philosopher said it, but they thought war was politics by other means.  The repubs see it oppositely - politics is war by other means.  The dems are just not committed to it like the repubs are.  They do not have a machine like the repubs do to carry out those means.

There are no liberal Breitbarts[2] or O'Neills.  There are no liberal Bill O'Reilleys or Ann Coulters or Sean Hannities or Glenn "Dumbest Dumbfuck in Dumbfuckistan" Becks.  There are no liberal Michelle Malkins, rabid little shi tzu that she is.  There is no liberal Karl Rove who does the scuzzy shit that Karl Rove does.  At least, none that I know of.

Do you remember the presidential campaign of 2000?  Do you remember the whole "Gore said he invented the internet" thing?  He never said that.  He rightly was touting that he helped create the law that made the military computer network into the public internet.  Rovian scumbags took that out of context and it became one of the defining quotes of the campaign.

Of course, it does not help to have a stupid and lazy media who repeat whatever the repubs say uncritically.  But that is a different conversation.

You are equating a party that is struggling to keep up[3] with a party that has launched an all out war against america on behalf of the monied class since... when did Barry Goldwater lose? 1964.

2. set aside that there are no Breitbarts on the repub side now, either
 3. from the perspective of dirty tricks
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 08:40:37 AM »
I couldn't find a good pic of it yesterday but today I found this one. You can see a couple of other things. At the top it says "Out House One". Inside you see a pic labelled Dad, but I can't tell who it is. You also see "God damn America" I guess from Rev. Wright? You see the bullet hole stickers on the sign.

Offline Gracie

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 08:46:42 AM »

I can.

Please look at the 11th picture down. It was taken at an Obama rally in Denver, 2008

http://www.binscorner.com/pages/d/death-threats-against-bush-at-protests-i.html

You've posted a link to a site with individuals carrying anti-Bush placards at anti-war rallies.  The one image you've referenced has no verifiable information of when and where it was taken.  Where are all the people at this event?  Not a good example. ;)     Have you ever been to a political rally?  There's no way that pick-up truck would have make it through security - not a chance.

The crazy "birthers' created this outhouse yet nobody in the Republican Party has denounced it.  They've actually embraced it.

The Montana Republican Party showcased a bullet-ridden outhouse described as the "Obama Presidential Library" at their state convention over the weekend.
Delegates took pictures with the outhouse,  ....

This is my point.

Btw, have you seen some of the racist images that actual GOP officials have created of Obama?

Now he is hardly a progressive yet his GOP opponents accuse him of being a Leftist, Socialist, Marxist, Muslim, Kenyan, etc. and we all know his policies are that of a moderate Republican. The GOP has been hijacked by Tea Party extremists and "birther" conspiracy nuts.

There IS a difference.

Offline Gracie

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 08:51:24 AM »

Yes.  And I say this as a liberal and as a Democrat. 

Let me put it like this, before I went to school I almost exclusively interracted with black and brown people.  LA is segregated like that.  So college for me was the first time I interracted with white people my age on a regular basis.  And one of the first experiences I had was what they called a "gangster party."  I found it just as racist and offensive as anything that's now coming from the Tea Party.

Again, I'm talking about DNC establishment endorsing controversial people or behavior. They wouldn't embrace the "gangster party" you reference much less have their pics taken with them.  I'm not suggesting there aren't some extreme elements on the liberal side but they don't have any power unlike The Tea Party, Rush, Hannity and the like.

Ditto what Screwtape said.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +115/-2
  • You know
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
Again, I'm not saying that the DNC and the RNC are acting in comparable ways right now.  What I'm saying is that I don't find the idea that there could be, under different circumstances, overt racism coming from state and local Democratic organizations to be unimaginable.  And I say this based on the fact that I've dealt with overt racism coming from people that call themselves liberals.  Again, I just want liberals to recognize that our shit stinks too.  I'm not trying to argue that Democrats are just as bad as Republicans or anything like that because, right now at this point in history, I think it's demonstrably untrue.
Nah son...

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +131/-7
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 05:32:57 PM »
I thought that I had made it abundantly clear that I don't think that the parties behave in the same manner.  I think the "both sides do it" narrative is bullshit.  All I'm saying, and this is a very narrow point, is that there is racism on the left.  I've experienced it and I just don't have a hard time imagining a scenario in which we'd be asked to defend our racists. 

It was not clear to me, but I understand now.

What I find amazing is the number of black people I know who are prejudiced against other minorities, particularly latinos but Asians often don't get much respect, either. Of course, the Asians I know have little to do with blacks. Not sure which came first: the chicken or the egg. I even know blacks who are prejudiced against themselves and will only have "white folks" handle their financial affairs.

John McCain even corrected a woman on the campaign trail when she said that Obama was a Muslim who wasn't born in America (though McCain did not make that correction sufficiently loud, IMNSHO)

Nah, John McCain corrected a woman that claimed that Obama was an Arab.  And his correction, while held up as this great shining moment in modern American politics, was itself, kind of racist:

"No ma'am.  He's a decent family man, citizen."

Nah son!

I am trying to find the clip, but apparently all of the ones currently published just run the part where she asks if he is an Arab. Just before she grabbed the mic, she was caught starting to ask her question (she didn't know she needed a mic) and said something about Obama not being a citizen, which is why McCain responded with "citizen" in his response.

Anyway .... this exchange is a product of the GOP. John McCain, someone that I admire for having some basic decency and common sense, though losing his way on various issues in modern times, is an innocent bystander in the Republican Party. He's roadkill.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +131/-7
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »
Again, I'm not saying that the DNC and the RNC are acting in comparable ways right now.  What I'm saying is that I don't find the idea that there could be, under different circumstances, overt racism coming from state and local Democratic organizations to be unimaginable.  And I say this based on the fact that I've dealt with overt racism coming from people that call themselves liberals.  Again, I just want liberals to recognize that our shit stinks too.  I'm not trying to argue that Democrats are just as bad as Republicans or anything like that because, right now at this point in history, I think it's demonstrably untrue.

I think your assumption is based on liberals being ignorant jack-asses. Some of them are jack-asses, but a greater preponderance of them are not ignorant. You are more likely to find entrenched prejudice rather than inherent racism.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 07:26:27 AM »

Let just loft one at you here: Where did you see any liberal attacks on Herman Cain based on race? This isn't an attack, I just find your thoery a little shakey and want you to show me examples to solidify your position.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:28:37 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 07:30:47 AM »
Here ya go - (it's funny the guy who built it is just as I pictured he would be  :o )

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +115/-2
  • You know
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »
Let just loft one at you here: Where did you see any liberal attacks on Herman Cain based on race? This isn't an attack, I just find your thoery a little shakey and want you to show me examples to solidify your position.

I don't think Herman Cain was a good example, as he was never taken all that seriously.  But here you go.  I googled "liberal racism Herman Cain" and after wading through some nonsense about how Obama isn't as authentically black as Herman Cain, about how liberals are the real racists, I found this:

In fairness to Garafalo, this is actually a milder version of the sort of criticism of Cain and other black conservatives that sometimes comes from other black people.  I don't think it reflects bigotry on her part as much as intellectual laziness.  And this certainty isn't as in your face or over the top as say, Obama fun bucks with watermelon patches and shit like that.  But that said, I think that there is something racist in how she presents Cain's place in the conservative movement.  It's as if she thinks we can't have our own opinions, even crazy ones.

Again, I never said that there is the same amount of racism on the left and on the right.  I'm just saying that it's there and so I don't have a hard time imagining a scenario in which DNC officials might say some racist things.
Nah son...