Author Topic: Warning: angry post  (Read 3207 times)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
Warning: angry post
« on: June 18, 2012, 04:00:13 AM »
Dunno if this belongs here but I am in a VERY BAD MOOD and I need to vent some. I was just minding my own business when a f**king Mormon approached me in the street and asked if I had heard of jeebus and the church of the latter day saints. Well, out of nowhere, I just let fly. How dare this person try to preach to me his weird and frankly insane ideas. What if I turned the tables and started announcing loudly that there is no god(s), that it's all bollocks and everyone is being duped?? How long do you think I might last until I get asked to move along by the authorities?

F**king religion. I damn well hate it. Keep it in your home and in your church and OUT OF THE SCHOOLS AND PUBLIC ARENA and F**KING POLITICS AND LAWS and maybe, just maybe, we can all get along. And for f**ks sake, LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN OUT OF IT until they can make their own informed opinion.

Glad to get that off my chest. I don't really feel much better but it's a start. Once this world is finally cleansed of the evil that is religion (and it will happen, one day), human society will be much better off.

P.S. Pope John, I hope you BURN IN HELL. Not that hell exists, but the sentiment remains.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline lomolo

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Warning: angry post
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 04:32:59 AM »
I was just minding my own business when a f**king Mormon approached me in the street and asked if I had heard of jeebus and the church of the latter day saints. Well, out of nowhere, I just let fly. How dare this person try to preach to me his weird and frankly insane ideas.

[further ranting]
Jesus Christ dude. Do you always scream at people for saying stupid things to you?

This post is just terrifying.

If you started yelling at the top of your lungs in a public place you would probably just look like a fool, just like he would. The other day on my campus there was a guy who kept yelling "Adulterers! Will! Burn! In! Hell!", replacing the first word with various other sinners. Thankfully that day there was a water slide (typical Arizonans) that had people hosing it off so they came and sprayed him down good.

There is a difference between coming to you and having a little talk about something he believes will save your mortal soul (whether you believe it or not) and barking it into your face getting spit in your hair.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:56:10 AM »
Jesus Christ dude. Do you always scream at people for saying stupid things to you?

Uh, no dude, I did not scream at him. Just said in no uncertain terms terms that his protelising was very unwelcome. When I walk down the street I do not like to be preached at. Just as I would not preach my ideas on how eating meat is wrong. All I ask is leave me alone. I don't think that is an unreasonable request.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 04:58:49 AM »
Hey Natlegend, where in Australia are you? If you don't mind me asking. I'm in Brisbane, but grew up in Adelaide, Sydney and Tasmania.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 05:05:56 AM »
I can understand the frustration, Mormons can be pretty persistent too and I too hate being stopped for people to tell me that my beliefs/non-beliefs are wrong, that I should change them, that I should accept their way and not only that but I will suffer for an eternity in pain and anguish if I don't accept their view. To be honest, when I'm minding my own business, that is pretty damn rude, but I'm a polite person so I deal with it politely, but none-the-less it's irritating. I suspect if as atheists we started doing that people would get offended and even tell us to fuck off and we'd be called all kinds of tolerant.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »
Mormons are definately among the nuttiest of the fruitcakes out there. That and scientology ... I just can't understand how anyone can fall for such an obvious and recent scam.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 08:35:10 AM »
Mormons are definately among the nuttiest of the fruitcakes out there. That and scientology ... I just can't understand how anyone can fall for such an obvious and recent scam.

Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 09:20:49 AM »
Hey Natlegend, where in Australia are you? If you don't mind me asking. I'm in Brisbane, but grew up in Adelaide, Sydney and Tasmania.

Grew up in Tassie but currently 'living' in Darwin. I much prefer the sheltered life in Tasmania, the bigger the city the crazier the nutjobs.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 12:44:31 PM »
We used to have a sign on the door warning these people to leave us alone. The pizza guys always laughed, but people stopped coming by so all our new neighbors thought we were crazy for leaving it up.

Now Mormons knock on our door all the time. A few weeks ago another sect came to try to get my daughter enrolled in VBS (Vacation Bible School) they were prob Baptist.

I'm contemplating putting my crazy sign back up. Perhaps you could turn it in to a T-Shirt so people will leave you along? I didn't make this sign, I found it on a google search, but it's what I've used on my door for countless years.

Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 04:27:56 PM »

Grew up in Tassie but currently 'living' in Darwin. I much prefer the sheltered life in Tasmania, the bigger the city the crazier the nutjobs.

Ah, a fellow Tasmanian. I lived in Stanley for 4 years and in Kingston for one year. That's a big change, climate wise, you made...
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +325/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »
They stopped knocking on my door when I answered in the nude.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »
They stopped knocking on my door when I answered in the nude.

-Nam

Were you wearing the proper black socks at least?

Offline madame_zora

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 12:10:25 AM »

Uh, no dude, I did not scream at him. Just said in no uncertain terms terms that his protelising was very unwelcome. When I walk down the street I do not like to be preached at. Just as I would not preach my ideas on how eating meat is wrong. All I ask is leave me alone. I don't think that is an unreasonable request.

Certainly not! You do not OWE anybody your time or attention- especially those who are being rude, yet accuse you of rudeness for not dropping everything just for them! What ego.

Lomolo, regardless of your opinion about the harmlessness of the conversation- nobody OWES you a conversation- THAT is the whole point! I DO NOT accept demands, and if I don't have the right to say "no", then it's a demand. Sorry that needed to be pointed out.

"Reality isn't something we invented to embarrass religious people." ~ captainmanacles

"Looking forward to a continuation of already-eternal life as myriad wandering  atoms doing interesting stuff." ~ Astreja

http://madamezoratoo.blogspot.com/

Offline lomolo

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 12:40:22 AM »
All I ask is leave me alone. I don't think that is an unreasonable request.

This is such a strange thing to say... obviously you shouldn't have to talk to anyone, but I don't see what's upsetting you about people wanting to talk to you. They think they're doing you a favor, misguided or not. You can always just ignore them or give them the hand, I think they'll get the picture.

You said they just approached you and tried to talk to you about their stupid faith. I don't see any indication that they were being particularly pushy about it. Just say no.

Certainly not! You do not OWE anybody your time or attention- especially those who are being rude, yet accuse you of rudeness for not dropping everything just for them! What ego.

Lomolo, regardless of your opinion about the harmlessness of the conversation- nobody OWES you a conversation- THAT is the whole point! I DO NOT accept demands, and if I don't have the right to say "no", then it's a demand. Sorry that needed to be pointed out.

I don't see where you're getting this "demands" idea from what he posted. Or that they wouldn't take no for an answer. Seems to me like he was having a bad day and took it out on some people who were only trying to help, even if annoyingly so.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 12:51:39 AM »
Last time some Mormons talked to me I told them I had seen a good movie about Mormons called "Latter Days". I neglected to mention that it is a very positive gay film that isn't quite so friendly towards the Mormon faith.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 01:24:16 AM »
When I was in grade 7 I had a good friend who happened to be a JW. She was highly intelligent and a very funny person. However, one day she confided in me that she was seriously concerned for my mortal soul. I spent a few sessions with her where she explained to me the JW doctrines, and yet, I had to let her down by explaining that it was all just rubbish to me. Of course, being my friend, I let her down carefully. We remained friends until we parted ways at the end of grade 10 when all JWs leave school and prepare for the 'second coming'. So sad. She could have been so much more.

We used to have a sign on the door warning these people to leave us alone. The pizza guys always laughed, but people stopped coming by so all our new neighbors thought we were crazy for leaving it up.

Now Mormons knock on our door all the time. A few weeks ago another sect came to try to get my daughter enrolled in VBS (Vacation Bible School) they were prob Baptist.

I'm contemplating putting my crazy sign back up. Perhaps you could turn it in to a T-Shirt so people will leave you along? I didn't make this sign, I found it on a google search, but it's what I've used on my door for countless years.

Ha! Reminds me of a sign I had on my front door during uni - "Please leave your motivation at the door and don the cap of apathy".

A couple of Mormons knocked on the door and said "Does that mean you want us to go away?"

Classic.

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 07:48:32 AM »
Last time some Mormons talked to me I told them I had seen a good movie about Mormons called "Latter Days". I neglected to mention that it is a very positive gay film that isn't quite so friendly towards the Mormon faith.

That remined me of a real life situation. Sorry a bit long and off topic.

The following occurred when Bush Jr was in office and he had two wars raging.

First I need to describe my co-worker and her husband. They were Bush Jr Republicans beyond the max. She was a Nurse and he was a Colonel in the Army. No matter what you said in a negative slant, no matter how trivial and even if valid and proven, they would deny it or come up with some (strange) reasoning which made your point null and void. These folks were so narrow sited it was bewildering that that were actually successful in life.

One day my co-worker (Mary) was describing the movie her and her husband decided to see over the weekend. She said they looked at the listings and choose one with a patriotic title. She became very indignant at this point and said she couldn’t believe America would let movie theaters show a movie like Fahrenheit 911 (Michael Moore).

I was stunned listening to her to describe about the eggs hitting Bush’s Limo and how they doctored the film to portray our President like that. She said they left after the next 10 minutes. I was dazed and confused but recaptured my poise and;

I explained to her the movie was a pretty big controversy (at the time) and it was all over the news and in the papers. She told me her and her husband didn’t usually pay attention to the news or read the newspapers. I explained had she been aware of current events, by reading and listening to news sources, she might have avoided that blunder. She just waved her hand in my face and made a grunting noise.

I caught this women several times changing the “official work schedule” to benefit her around holidays and her vacations, of course that meant she was screwing someone else. Got me once with it, then I made sure I was there the minute the schedule was posted before any unauthorized changes could be made. YUP, you guessed it, she was a devote Catholic.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:52:12 AM by stuffin »
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Offline Night4Shift

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 08:40:40 AM »
 :police:    I feel the sentiment of a wish for Hell for some.   Then I go to the feeling of the sad song of 'Hell being for Children', Then I set a fire on a stack of wax.  Join me, I wonder if it might be that I need to go to the Retreat camp in KY, think it is near Knoxs or something.  Helping people overcome then anger toward evil, Leaders.  Well, I want to go and explain to you all the Truth that Higher Power, who is in control can Heal Amputees.  Yet, let me just show youR that the Devil is real.  Well, are you sure you want to know the Devil.  Well, Fire fights are not something you want to go out and do, see or think about.  I am one that has been trained to finish the Job.  Get you CO2 out and forget about it.  I'm the best there ever was and I will Choke out and fool in the room.  Who do you think wrote the book on Water-boarding with out Water, removing the O2 from the room and watching fools Choke and Smoke.  Learned in/at 11 Downing Street.  Ha Ha Ha...   Oh, Jetson are you on the Team with me.  Thanks for the Re-Write....  Ha Ha Ha...   Burning pictures of the Pope is a Bad Idea, but it will not show or show you that the Devil is real.  I have a Swiss Army Knife ready to protect....    I will win in the end.     I have More Gold then, most or More then Mr. Jetson...  Ha Ha... Your site is mine soon...  Got to put the Lawyers to work..   Money Money and More Money.   My Church has it or I should say Had it.       Draining the Coughers...  OH, Coughers are people Dying with Crap in the Lungs.  Back to work, on the Day Shift today, the Sun is Shining be Happy, give up.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:44:36 AM by Night4Shift »

Offline Night4Shift

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
 :)     I'm trying to make Money off the Mormons.  My First plan was to sell, Bike Helmits.  Then it went, to selling Dental Mirrors, to see who is behind them.  I started Working on their Bikes then, and fixing their Chains, and such.  Got Slower and now I'm trying to sell the old Guys in their Collection Books.  I love City of God.   I once Hopped a Freight Train to Salt Lake and got kick out of Temple Square, me and my HandyCapped Friend a C4 Quad.    We Preached, I storm on them, dumb fools.   Well, I'm old now and my Friend is Dead I think.   If anybody Knows Jon Crawford,  I have picture somewhere near Sacramento.  RRR, Chad Plum went with me.  Back in the Day to get a Ride to the Temple you needed Four men.  We now can do it with Two Men, and an Electric Chair.   Bone up on your Spanish, foolish LSDers.  I'm truly the Best there ever was.  Hey, Mr Jetson, are you getting the Calls yet.   The Devil tapped your Shoe..        Broken Computer, yet.     Oh, tell me the Rule, I will just have my underlings, with Better Spelling & Grammer come back and post Foolish Stories and Crap. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:22:54 AM by Night4Shift »

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 09:42:35 AM »
^^^ Look around your room - there should be a red button that says something like "Call nurse"

Press it now.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 09:58:35 AM »
:)     I'm trying to make Money off the Mormons.  My First plan was to sell, Bike Helmits.  Then it went, to selling Dental Mirrors, to see who is behind them.  I started Working on their Bikes then, and fixing their Chains, and such.  Got Slower and now I'm trying to sell the old Guys in their Collection Books.  I love City of God.   I once Hopped a Freight Train to Salt Lake and got kick out of Temple Square, me and my HandyCapped Friend a C4 Quad.    We Preached, I storm on them, dumb fools.   Well, I'm old now and my Friend is Dead I think.   If anybody Knows Jon Crawford,  I have picture somewhere near Sacramento.  RRR, Chad Plum went with me.  Back in the Day to get a Ride to the Temple you needed Four men.  We now can do it with Two Men, and an Electric Chair.   Bone up on your Spanish, foolish LSDers.  I'm truly the Best there ever was.  Hey, Mr Jetson, are you getting the Calls yet.   The Devil tapped your Shoe..        Broken Computer, yet.     Oh, tell me the Rule, I will just have my underlings, with Better Spelling & Grammer come back and post Foolish Stories and Crap.

Moderator hat on ...

Night4Shift, this post is off topic, and disturbing in tone. Please stay on topic, and please dial down the anger. Thank you.

Moderator hat off ...
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Night4Shift

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 10:03:09 AM »
Thanks for taken your Hat off Brother Moderater...  Will, due....    If you see my words might help the Anger of the Leader of this Post.   Think Careful Brother, show compassion.   Don't not respond, to Dangerous hatred to Others or Self.      You might as will just join with Doctor Oz and let Montel Kill himself as He wishes if life is not good enough. 

Offline Tykster

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »
^^^^^^^^^

Where's the random word generator located, or is Night4Shift the only one with access to it?
rhocam ~ I guess there are several trillion cells in a man, and one in an amoeba, so to be generous, lets say that there were a billion. That is one every fifteen years. So in my lifetime I should have seen two evolutionary changes.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 10:37:03 AM »
Night4Shift, I haven't been able to make heads or tails of your posts. They are completely incomprehensible and the problem isn't on my end. HAL half jokingly suggested you seek help, but your writing is sporadic and worrisome.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Night4Shift

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 10:49:12 AM »
Night4Shift, I haven't been able to make heads or tails of your posts. They are completely incomprehensible and the problem isn't on my end. HAL half jokingly suggested you seek help, but your writing is sporadic and worrisome.

I have help, we are a couple of Gouls, diggin' the Gold off of the Teeth, for fools Dead in the Potter Field.    Join in the Digging, Gnome Chimps is with me on this....   

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 10:52:59 AM »
I have help, we are a couple of Gouls, diggin' the Gold off of the Teeth, for fools Dead in the Potter Field.    Join in the Digging, Gnome Chimps is with me on this....

WTF? ...

Offline Night4Shift

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 10:54:18 AM »
'Ghoul' Correction,..  During the Day we Tattoo Chickens on fools Neck and tell them it is an Eagle and they are the most Patriotic people on Earth.   Money, Moeny and more money than Jetson will ever know. 

Offline Atheistisaweirdword

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
Dunno if this belongs here but I am in a VERY BAD MOOD and I need to vent some. I was just minding my own business when a f**king Mormon approached me in the street and asked if I had heard of jeebus and the church of the latter day saints. Well, out of nowhere, I just let fly. How dare this person try to preach to me his weird and frankly insane ideas. What if I turned the tables and started announcing loudly that there is no god(s), that it's all bollocks and everyone is being duped?? How long do you think I might last until I get asked to move along by the authorities?

F**king religion. I damn well hate it. Keep it in your home and in your church and OUT OF THE SCHOOLS AND PUBLIC ARENA and F**KING POLITICS AND LAWS and maybe, just maybe, we can all get along. And for f**ks sake, LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN OUT OF IT until they can make their own informed opinion.

Glad to get that off my chest. I don't really feel much better but it's a start. Once this world is finally cleansed of the evil that is religion (and it will happen, one day), human society will be much better off.

P.S. Pope John, I hope you BURN IN HELL. Not that hell exists, but the sentiment remains.

Wow, thinking like that will get no where, won't help the atheist movement at all. He was probably born into a Mormon family, he's convinced that that exists without any doubt, and he's right. You can't hate someone because they were born to believe something, it's just wrong and makes you not understand people. Maybe some of the mega church owners deserve to be locked up, but definitely no one deserves to burn in hell, not the pope himself. So having that attitude will not help, ever.
I strive to simply just make sense.

Offline Atheistisaweirdword

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 10:55:22 AM »
I meant he's wrong. Obviously, the Mormons philosophy is obviously wrong. Lol don't know why I wrote he's right...
I strive to simply just make sense.