Author Topic: permanent justice.  (Read 645 times)

permanentjustice

permanent justice.
« on: June 16, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »
this post is directed mostly at HAL, only because my perception is that HAL has an opportunity to resolve this situation.
HAL, you play good moderator while you pretend that justice has been given.
there is no reason justifiable reason as to why I, none, should have been banned permanently.
there is no justifiable reason as to why the ban should be this long.
there is no justifiable reason as to why the ban should be permanent.
if you got a personal problem with me then let it be known, only if I am able to rebut.
for those that read this here is the history:
a moderator asked a stupid shit question and got an answer from me.
this resulted in a moderator action.
the moderator has since left.
the moderator action remains.
if HAL is not a moderator or a moderator that has power to make permanent decisions then the person who can make permanent decisions can consider this post.
if the moderator action concerning the user id "none" has been determined to be reasonable I would like to know what is reasonable about a permanent ban from this forum.
if a permanent ban is justifiable for a finite comment then explain the rationale, please.

permanentjustice

Re: permanent justice.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:20:58 PM »
why was this moved to chatter?
I ask whomever it may concern that has power to ban to defend their position about bans.
this is a debate on the rationale of bans, not anything else.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 07:24:05 PM »
Debates are managed by our mod team. 

permanentjustice

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »
understood
I wish to debate "the rules".

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »
Just some friendly advice[1]. One might find it easier to get their ban lifted if they behave in a less attacking manner. I'd suggest PMing one of the moderators or Admins for review of your case instead of starting a thread in the forum about it under a sock puppet.
 1. From an innocent bystander
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »
Kimberly beat me to it.

If you want to be taken at least a little bit seriously arguing the rules in an open thread wont get you anywhere. If anything your new account will probably get banned too, because you broke another rule by create a sock. There are other ways to go about discussing an action a mod has taken than how you're going about it.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 07:36:58 PM »
Since you brought it up, I just read your history, and see why you were banned.  Starting a thread like this, which appears to be nothing more than some sort of continuation of the past, is probably not going to go too well.

If your goal was to get unbanned, you did that by creating a new account (which we could simply ban).  If your goal is to argue about your past ban, then you will not likely be granted much attention from the mod team.

So, what is it you are really trying to accomplish?  Would you like to gain the "none" account back, and post at WWGHA?  If so, we can talk about that via PM, and discuss with the other mods.  If you would rather just debate our rules, I suppose that would be fine - although our rules are not really up for debate.

permanentjustice

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »
I would like to reply to all who have posted here, please give me the opportunity.
none.
Just some friendly advice[1]. One might find it easier to get their ban lifted if they behave in a less attacking manner. I'd suggest PMing one of the moderators or Admins for review of your case instead of starting a thread in the forum about it under a sock puppet.
 1. From an innocent bystander
the time for me to not create a sock puppet has expired, a pm has previously been sent to a moderator through a 3rd party and I have contacted other moderators and other members of this forum concerning this issue.
the issue at this point is bans.
it is nice to know that I can contact you on facebook and receive "the cold shoulder" I hope the child is doing well, kim.

permanentjustice

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 07:38:50 PM »
Kimberly beat me to it.

If you want to be taken at least a little bit seriously arguing the rules in an open thread wont get you anywhere. If anything your new account will probably get banned too, because you broke another rule by create a sock. There are other ways to go about discussing an action a mod has taken than how you're going about it.
what gives validity to this post?

permanentjustice

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 07:40:08 PM »
Since you brought it up, I just read your history, and see why you were banned.  Starting a thread like this, which appears to be nothing more than some sort of continuation of the past, is probably not going to go too well.

If your goal was to get unbanned, you did that by creating a new account (which we could simply ban).  If your goal is to argue about your past ban, then you will not likely be granted much attention from the mod team.

So, what is it you are really trying to accomplish?  Would you like to gain the "none" account back, and post at WWGHA?  If so, we can talk about that via PM, and discuss with the other mods.  If you would rather just debate our rules, I suppose that would be fine - although our rules are not really up for debate.
I am am nostalgic for the time when I could post here.
yes I would like to discuss returning to this forum.
I apologize for creating a sock puppet.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »

I'm just saying your digging your hole deeper. With a thread like this you're coming off as whiny. If you've already PMed a mod about an action another has taken then stop posting here and wait for a mod to get back to you via PM.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 07:41:41 PM »

the issue at this point is bans.

Bans occur when mods decide it's time to ban.  Usually that amounts to breaking rules, ignoring moderators, or disrupting the forum in other ways deemed inappropriate by a mod.  What is it about bans that you want to discuss, precisely?

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »

I am am nostalgic for the time when I could post here.
yes I would like to discuss returning to this forum.
I apologize for creating a sock puppet.

I kind of like the name "permanentjustice". 

permanentjustice

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 07:46:46 PM »
jetson I will reply to you as soon as I can.
until then can I continue to trounce Emily?

I'm just saying your digging your hole deeper. With a thread like this you're coming off as whiny. If you've already PMed a mod about an action another has taken then stop posting here and wait for a mod to get back to you via PM.
'
you are just talking out of your ass.
if I sent a message through a 3rd party how does the message get back to me?
through a 3rd party.
dumbass.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 07:50:49 PM »
jetson I will reply to you as soon as I can.
until then can I continue to trounce Emily?

you are just talking out of your ass.
if I sent a message through a 3rd party how does the message get back to me?
through a 3rd party.
dumbass.

Ummm...have you read our forum rules? Link is in my sig for your convenience.  We don't call other members "dumbass".  That's a close example of the behavior I read about in your history.  Not good.

permanentjustice

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 07:55:06 PM »
ok I will reread them.
been a while.
i will parse bans in particular.

permanentjustice

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »
I don't believe this system of rules was in effect when I was banned.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 08:17:28 PM »
In all fairness though, I think this thread would be educational, since I'm in the same predicament on another website.

I have been trying to contact the owner of the site for a while, but there is no answer or way to respond. They permabanned me on the drop of a dime, no warning, no reason, just out of the blue. They banned me and Hguols on this site. I also found out Energized visited the site and there are a few other atheists there as well. The problem is it's a Christian Metal site, so the majority are Christians, yet they never pmed me about anything.

I have been trying to figure out why I'm banned and what I can do to lift the ban so I can post again. The only way I even have access to a moderator is if Energized Pms them, otherwise I can't get through to them. I am actually thinking of doing what permanentjustice did in creating another account just so I can get to discuss my repeal and if so, repeal the ban and get rid of the account I made to contact them.

I have no idea what to do since the mods of the other forum say the only one who could ban is the owner, but the owner won't reply to a single email of mine. Any help necessary, or should I just forget about the website?

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »
I don't believe this system of rules was in effect when I was banned.

You are correct, we have done some modifications fairly recently.  As well, we are trying a bit harder to make sure members are not being ass-hats to each other.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 08:26:20 PM »
it is nice to know that I can contact you on facebook and receive "the cold shoulder" I hope the child is doing well, kim.

That's not very nice. I don't recall ever being contacted by you on FB; as I don't even know your really identity outside of the user name "none" and I only know if from ATT. I know nothing of your history here at WWGHA so can't help you with that issue. I was just trying to offer you some friendly advice as it's been my experience that creating socks and starting a ruckus in the public forum gets no one any where when it come to lifting their ban. You are of course free to try your method if it pleases you, but I doubt it will get you the resolution you are after.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
bm
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 08:29:49 PM »
I have no idea what to do since the mods of the other forum say the only one who could ban is the owner, but the owner won't reply to a single email of mine. Any help necessary, or should I just forget about the website?

If the owner of the site doesn't want you there creating a sock will only get you rebanned and on a bigger "shit" list than you were on to start with. Find a new forum DOL.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »
DoL - I don't really know what to say, as each site might handle things uniquely.  IGI and WWGHA have a lot of cross-pollination of members, so it's not that difficult to get the mods attention if you try hard enough.  Anther way is regular email, if you can find an admin email somewhere on the site?  Some sort of contact email...

As far as creating a new account, it would depend on whether they perma-banned your IP...but you could always do it from a Starbucks to see if someone is willing to give you an explanation. 

On the other hand, sometimes they just don;t want to be bothered with "drama", and if they perceive former member complaints as drama in general, it may be tough to get their attention.

permanentjustice

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 10:11:10 PM »

That's not very nice. I don't recall ever being contacted by you on FB; as I don't even know your really identity outside of the user name "none" and I only know if from ATT. I know nothing of your history here at WWGHA so can't help you with that issue. I was just trying to offer you some friendly advice as it's been my experience that creating socks and starting a ruckus in the public forum gets no one any where when it come to lifting their ban. You are of course free to try your method if it pleases you, but I doubt it will get you the resolution you are after.
well I did try to contact you via facebook .com.
If the message was not sent to you I understand it is my problem and not yours.
I was being sincere about the well being of your child.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 10:17:07 PM »
Ok, not sure what happened about FB. I have two children now and they are both well. Thanks for asking.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »
DoL - I don't really know what to say, as each site might handle things uniquely.  IGI and WWGHA have a lot of cross-pollination of members, so it's not that difficult to get the mods attention if you try hard enough.  Anther way is regular email, if you can find an admin email somewhere on the site?  Some sort of contact email...

That contact mail was what I was using. Everything was fine and dandy until he asked my username, and then I told him my username, and now he's dropped off the face of the earth. Pretty much, this is what happened. Don't know if it's deliberate or he hasn't been on recently or what.

As far as creating a new account, it would depend on whether they perma-banned your IP...but you could always do it from a Starbucks to see if someone is willing to give you an explanation. 

I don't know, but that is what I am thinking. Unlike here, they don't seem to have the rules posted where you can view them, and Mods gave no warning to anything. It was pretty much a discussion/debate like what we get here, without the roughness of harsh language or anything of the sort.

On the other hand, sometimes they just don;t want to be bothered with "drama", and if they perceive former member complaints as drama in general, it may be tough to get their attention.

And that is my problem. There is no reason for Moderator, much less an Admin, much less, an owner to be that thin-skinned. Then again, we are talking about Christians here. They at least owe me an explanation. It's wrong that I get banned for discussion when somebody can make a racist remark and they let them go free.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +654/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 11:01:58 PM »
permanent justice

I'm locking this thread because the forum is not about you, your ban or the rules.  If you wish to discuss this futher, carry it out by PM with Jetson.  Please cc me and Ambassador Pony.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.