Author Topic: What about the Creator? [#2656]  (Read 3224 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
What about the Creator? [#2656]
« on: June 15, 2012, 03:59:10 PM »
Hello

I have been on your website and actually aggree with some of the answers to your questions, for example, Why does Jesus want his followers to eat his flesh and his blood? This is indeed based on religionised paganism. I will also touch on this a bit more a little bit later. As for your question 'Why doesn't God heal amputees?' Well, I do not presume to  know the answer or to answer forThe Great Creator, (Whom I call GOD), as He can answer for Himself, if we were to ask Him personally. However, looking at the nature of  how things work with Mankind and animal kind , in comparison to the nature of plants or trees. If the Creator had  made Mankind with the same makeup and structure of a tree, it would probably be possible; because when a tree is cut down, or its limb cut off, it has the capacity or it is in its nature to regrow again, as this was the way The great Creator made a tree to be. However, a human being and even animals are made with flesh blood and bones and it is not in its structure or make up to regrow, when a limb is  severed from the body or cut off.  Medically,  however, we see, that if  the severed limb was taken to the hospital with the person  it was severed from in due time,  the amputated limb can be  surgically reattached. However, whether man or machine, birds, animals or trees, things are created , invented and designed with there own nature, structure, capabilities or functions,  the way they were designed and ought to be and built  for the purpose, stucture nature and functions they were designed  to function in and have.  Yes, the Creator is all-powerful and could regrow,  a limb if  asked or if He chooses to,  but He would have His own reasons why he chooses not to heal an amputee and the choice would be for Him only to make, because he knows what the reasons of outcomes would be. In the same way when a manufacturer makes a product, equipment or machinery, it has a manual which tells you how should operate it safely and what to do or avoid, so that the product or equipment does not malfunction.  However, If you were to write to the manufacturer and ask Him why did he not make the machinery for another purpose, he should be able to explain to you his reasons why.  This is  I now why I now approach The Great Creator, not as a God I think does not exist or as a God I think won't hear my prayers. But as the GOD who made me and should know all about me and have all the answers to my questions. The answers may not be what I expect, but as He knows what is best for me, I also have to trust Him to do what He thinks is best.  I also, no longer view  The Great Creator according to the teachings of Christianity, (as a God who treathens or will punish vile and sinful  old me); but I  approach Him about  and with all my concerns directly, so that I can get the correct answers from Him directly.

However, I know the Great Creator exists, because if he did not create the first man and woman, then where did human beings or human kind come from? Science has not quite proven this either, because evolution makes otherwise claims that is even more bizarre; in claiming that mankind are desendants of monkey or apes, they even call themselves animals or evolved from the big bang theory resulting in  molecules and fishes in the sea, which evolved to apes or monkeys, then came human beings. However, there is a clear and distinct difference between human kind and apes or monkey's, for since the day when the Great Creator created all things, they all still continued to exist as He had made them in the first place. After their own species and kind.  According to their own kind, whether it be as humans; creatures of the field, sea creatures,  flying fowls and creeping things etc.  All things continues as the Great Creator of the entire universe intends it to be, and it is still happening even as we  can simply see. Unless Satan, and his demons  began to mess with the order and corrupt and influence the order of  things, from the way The Great and true Creator's  first created and intended His Creation, to be.  You will hardly have anything happening without an influencer, whether that be the influence of good or evil or even a mixture of both causing a corruption of one or the other. Satan was said to be the influencer of the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil (which means he can either corrupt good with evil or merge evil with good to ultimately deceive mankind.  However, it is only religion that comes in this deceptive form promoting the appearance of tree of the knowledge of good and evil. However,  If mankind partake of  the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,  they will surely die.  So we must watch our religion which forms they take.  Is it influenced by evil but promoted with goodly and religious causes? And are we focussing only on the part we want to see and ignoring the part we don't want to accept or  see?

The Great Creator may have taken six days to make the earth including mankind, being all-powerful and everlasting. I can accept that. At times, we are bold over by people's ingenious or witty inventions and they are not all-powerful as The Great creator and what they create will not last.  However, I greatly disagree with science, because I do not see mankind going through any evolutionary process each time they reproduce or reprocreates.  We all know, whether we are educated or not, the simple fact, that The Great Creator intended for reprocreation to take place between a man and a woman.  Our very bodies  and sexual organs are designed in ways that tells us so. And whenever a child is conceived in their mother's womb, after sexual activity, it takes nine months (generally speaking), before a human kind/being is born.  Not in the evolutionary sense that science asserts, but as the Great Creator intended it to be and that is what we are looking for the consistency.

Now it does not matter that the Creator is invisible to me.  The air we breathe is invisible and we do not have to see it to benefit from the oxygen we need to live. Without air, we would die much, much, much, sooner, than if we had no food or water to drink.  I did not create the air we breathe, or the water we used for almost everything in life.  I did not create life, health and strength, mind and faculty, a mind to think, plan and design.  I did not create night and day, I cannot make a flower grow or gives it its appearance and nature, or the colour or design it comes with, neither can I create a tree, at least not one with life and flexibilty and automatic movement in it. Neither did I create the animals, sea creatures, beast of the field, or antything The Great Creator cause to be, or brought into being.  I was not there when He did His Creation, but since we can see the natural process and the actual and physical  evidence in  its order of existance; that proves that it is not just a figment of our imagination or just happening of its own accord. For what would cause it to exist the way it does in the first place? Therefore,  The Great Creator or Designer that put it there in the first place, or cause it all to exist from the start, is the one who should be acknowleged and honoured and given the credit for all he has created. Science can only study what the Great Creator already created, and since they also were not there when The Great Creator created His Universe, this is why they should  just humble themselve and dispense with all their assumptions and presumptions, because their deceptions is also influences by Satan, for were they there at the beginning to be able to see that it was so as they have said? No, none of us were, and therefore mankind should not come to any  assumptions or conclusions, because  the Creation of the whole universe had nothing to do with them.   However, if scientist takes the time to ask The Great Creator about His Creation, they would have much better answers to  all  of their questions. For the best person to ask about their design - whether it be a person who designed a house, a car, a computer, an aeroplane, or anything mankind make on the earth, would be the person who design it themselves.  They even create copyright and patent laws to protect their original designs here on the earth.  So why does Mankind refuse to give The Great Creator His  original copyright and patent, due for his all His Great  and marvelous works and Universal Creation?  We all where born  during our lifetime and came and see it as it were and none of us was responsible for, or know how The Great Creator put all things in place.  Therefore, He would have to tell  us, ( or reveal it to us) if we  sincerely ask HIM). Otherwise we will only be stuck with Satan's deception, or our own understanding or misunderstanding.

Now  also, one of your question was, Why does a Loving God allows innocent people to die?  Well, Choices determines destiny.  This is a fact. The Great Creator Created us with the right to make choices that will determine our destiny here on earth and in the eternity to come. We have the choice of choosing His government, His authority and His laws, which would help us to avoid evil and preserve and protect our lives, and keep us from all the evil we hate, see and experience in in this life.  But since mankind choose otherwise, evil and its consequences prevails over their lives.  Look at the many other different gods that mankind choose over The Great Creator and the evil, selfish and horrible ways of life we all sometime chooses, which leads to the destruction of not only ourselves, but other people's lives.  Now also, since mankind have  also choosen gods for themselves; then their gods which they are praying to and honouring should  also provide  for their overall needs.  If they have not chosen to honour The Great Creator, then why should He force them against their own will and choices, when they are not asking Him to be involved in their lives?

Since evil is also present in our world, we also have to ask ourselves, where it was originated, for it also to exist in our world. And since mankind was given the universal choice, by the Great Creator in Eden, to choose their own destiny, then choices is not without  its consequences, particularly if we were to choose the pathways of evil which lead to  the death and destruction - not only of others we corrupt and ruin by our own actions, but also our own lives. Therefore  since mankind has choosen their own pathways  that lead to death and destruction, over the pathway of life which the Great Creator has given and has in store for those who choose him at the end of our days, then this is how their choices determine their destinies.  Life even teaches us that whatever we needed even as children, we would ask our earthly parents, who are in authority over us and provide  for us, up until we are at the age to provide for our  own temporal needs ourselves.  Now since evil exist even to the knowledge and ultimatum of the existence of a 'hell', for all those who choose to dishonour the Great Creator and choose the ways of an evil god deciever; then why should The Great Creator not warn mankind of the dangers of following or choosing such a ruler and of the utimate destiny that await their lives.  This is what The Law of the Lord is for, to show us what was wrong living and wrong doing and to show us that wrong choices lead to terrible consequences. When we break the law of the land, what do you think happen.  We are punished- or should be punished, according to the crime we commit, not getting away with it when caught.  Or we look for justice when other people have wronged us here on earth.  Then what to say The Great Creator.  For He it is who created the idea of Justice in the first place. to show others that they cannot keep choosing wrong actions and not pay the penalty or consequences for their wrong choices or action.  So please dispense of the thought that a loving God should just overlook the corrupt, wrong and sinful actions and a choices of mankind. We we do not accept when people wrong us, then should The Great Creator accept it from us.  No, No, No, No! He would then not be a Loving and Just God, but a God who is trying to please everybody, even though they are not worthy of it. But The Great Creator is even more merciful than man, cause He forgives mankind and allows them their lifetime to get things right with Him, however long or short. Mankind does not forgive so readily, if ever at all, and will always hold you to your wrongs and seldom let you recover from it. So who is more  merciful and loving?

May I say that I am not now a Christian, because I have found out that Christianity is based on religionised paganism, and that it was actually started by the Roman Emperor Constantine and his monks in the forth Century.  Even Islam and every other so called religion on earth which has nothing whatsoever to do with the Great Creator, who did not want mankind to worship and bow down to and make idols of the things He created, to worship them. However, the sun, moon and stars and nature has been worshiped by mankind since they choose the god of Evil instead of the Great Creator and since then, Mankind had decided to choose the gods of their religions, instead of the Great Creator, why else would their be so many gods of men on earth and what lies at the beginning, middle and end of all their religion choices, but death and destruction.

Mankind neither seeks to know The Great Creator their Maker,  nor choose Him to rule over their lives. They instead have accepted their own ways,, lifestyle choices and religion gods  (all demons of  corruptions and deceptions) which is ruled over by Satan - the Evil One. Or else, the presence of evil would not be present in our world and neither would mankind reap terrible consequences for their self-centered, corrupt waywardness and evil choices and lifestyles. Therefore since they make evil  choices, they reap evil consequences, because they left The  Great Creator, their Maker out of their lives. Make no mistake that because a person say they believe in God, they mean The Great Creator.  The evidence of the God/s they serve ,is in the religion they claim and Mankind's religion is mankind's  idealisms of their own selves and life choices, the gods they choose for themselves. Not the Great Creator, which they leave out of their lives, though they have deceived themselves that the gods they have choosen for themselves represent him. This is also why people are greatly disappointed when they prove the contrary, or are too decieved or blinded by the indoctrination of their own religion to see it.

If people also choose to worship gods, they have to appease and where they sacrifice their children and loved ones in offering to them; or call on gods (demons) that cannot grow their grain,  or give them food, health and strength, mind and faculties, guidance,  protection,prosperity or save them out of their distressess; but choose to embrace the gods of their idealisms, interests, ancestors and cultural  traditions instead; then even a loving  merciful and all-powerful God has standards and principles, just has mankind who he has made. (Would you force your children to choose your ways against their own  choice and will? And if you were to what do you think would be the outcome? rebellion maybe?  However, since mankind make their own choices, excluding The Great Creator, then they have no one but themselves to blame.  They cannot choose evil gods to rule over their lives and destiny and expect the Great Creator to jump in and save them and then they praise their false gods for The Great Creator's deliverance! This is what is happening with people in their choosen religion. And if you did something good for your children and they acknowlege someone else, how would you feel? Therefore,  let people see and prove whether their gods that they have choosen for themselves, will work for them or not. That seem very fair to me. And if we want The Great Creator's Blessing, then we should ask Him or seek Him personally, so we know who is truthfully helping us, and only then can we accept His rulership, wisdom and guidance over our lives and choices, to have a good outcome to our lives.  However, if we choose to go our own ways, then He simply leaves us to get on with it, and whatever comes as a result of our own choices, we only have ourselves to blame, because we have left him out of our lives, so why should he jump in and save us out of all our worries, when we have throughout our entire lives, choose our own ways and other gods to our selves and reject HIm? It's  then we should find out that the gods we have served, thinking that they were the true gods, are really false and impotent, being powerless to save us out of all our distresses and provide for all our needs. therefore, this would be the time to denounce them since they only expect your loyalty and devotion but cannot give you anything but sorrow, death and destruction in end outcome.

I just want you to know that I am not trying to back any religion at all here, but I do acknowledge The Great Creator, as the Maker and Rightful Ruler of and over all  good things,  and who is indeed, the only God that hears and answers  my prayers,  because now in my lifetime I also choose to ask of Him and choose to honour, acknowledge and accept  only Him - The Great Creator.   The Hebrew King David  also said, as written in Psalm 121:1,2;  I will lift up my eyes unto the hills. From whence cometh my help? My help cometh(comes) from the Lord which makes the heaven and the earth.  David did not say his name was Jesus Christ, or Budah, or Bramah, Shivah or Vishnu; or any of the  other gods mankind claim to honour and worship on earth.  David, the Hebrew King, simply said and identified, where his help came from. And his help came from the Lord which made the heaven and the earth. (The Great Creator - The only  True GOD who heard and answered his prayers during his lifetime, because then he choose to acknowledge only His Creator, above all the other gods of the people of his time).  Soloman his son also said, as written in Ecclesiates 12; Remember now Thy Creator in the Days of they youth, while the evil days come not and the years draw nigh, when I shall say I have no pleasure in them.(But can we honestly say, Mankind is remembering or honouring Him? (Even you yourselves?)  In this Chapter again, the son of the Hebrew King David, Soloman, admonished us all to acknowledge The Creator, in the days of our youth, before we grow old and die. (See also:Psalm 100).  For death is not the end after all our times and seasons of life here on this earth.  Therefore, as The Great Creator  is the one that brought all things into being, He is the only one who can bring mankind to see, what shall be after him. Ecclesiastes 3.  This is why I now forget and put away all of  Mankind's religions and not be confused anymore about or by any of them. I now acknowledge and honour The Great Creator only, who indeed hears my prayer, provide all my needs, save me out of all my distresses. He is the Beginning and knows the  Ultimate Ending of all things; this is why I now choose to trust  HIM only.  Only He can cause everyman to see the consequences of their own choices and their ultimate future and destinies.

Ps. You may have noticed that I quoted from the Bible earlier. Well, this was where I got my first knowledge of God and I do not know the Hebrew language. However, I did not throw out the baby with the bathwater, (because the Bible was made up from the Hebrew Scriptures, where the Roman Emperor Constantine in the 4th Century and his Greco-roman monk Jerome Eusebius - under his  ruling authority; they took out most of what promoted The Great Creator when he Jerome Eusebius translated the Hebrew Bible into the first Greek Bible, then Latin and from which came the English language Bibles following.  Via their translation process, they added in what they choose, to promote Jupiter-Zeus as Jesus Christ.  Therefore, this is why I now throw out the bathwater (figure of speech).  If you remember I said I no longer observe - nor are in  or follow Christianity, for the main reasons stated before. Therefore, I  guess I would  now be seen as anti-christ to the Christian world, because I will not give Jupiter-Zeus, disguised as Jesus Christ in Christianity, the glory and honour that belong only to the Great Creator only.  However, the part of the Old Testament which honours The Great Creator, is what I also honour;  not  the part that was incorporated to promote  Jupiter-Zeus, religionised as Jesus Christ to be God and Saviour of the world in Christianity, since the 4th century. And since Christianity has pagan origins with its pagan-religionised doctrines,  then no wonder the pagan-religionised ritual of 'eating his body and drinking his blood' is one of Christianity's main pagan religionised doctrine, promoting Jesus Christ in Christianity to his followers- as also you question and answers somehow confirms. This to me is a great usurpation, conspiracy, and  the greatest deception  of Satan, since the garden of Eden, when his first deception accepted by mankind separated them from and against The Great Creator's  Everlasting and Sovereign Ruling Power and Authority.  This I know, because I have  uncovered  enough evidence to show via my studies, and via the revelations of the Great Creator, about the truth of the major religions of men and their influences, ( which is influenced by Satan and his demons) including Christianity - the main religion of the gods of mankind.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful attention
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
Re: What about the Creator? [#2656]
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 04:55:23 PM »
Star fish can grow back also.

Man, that is a wall of text.  Bottom line for you is "God did it".  I think we have heard that a time or two.  Again, where is the evidence for this?  Evolution is a much better reasoned, logical answer than a "sky daddy" made us out of mud, a rib, and had us live with a taking snake.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 11:28:01 PM »
I only got to line 6 of the first paragraph -- anyone read the whole thing?

I stopped reading 'cause I found the tree analogy asinine but it did remindme of a Kirk Douglas film I may watch later.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 11:31:42 PM »
As my phone was loading the comment, I noticed the Constantine thing. Dude, learn your history. He didn't start it, hell he didn't even believe in it, his mother did, I believe, and she pressed him to make it the "new" religion most likely 'cause she was Christian.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 12:11:17 AM »
[...] evolution makes otherwise claims that is even more bizarre; in claiming that mankind are desendants of monkey or apes

All apes evolved from a common ancestor of apes.  Humans are still apes along with the other four Great Apes.

they even call themselves animals or evolved from the big bang theory resulting in  molecules and fishes in the sea, which evolved to apes or monkeys, then came human beings

1.)  :o
2.) From the Big Bang to the origin of life on Earth there was a span of about 10 billion years.[1]
3.) You're confusing some serious scientific terms and reasoning.
 1. ~14 billion year old universe - ~4 billion years that life has been on Earth
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 12:53:37 AM »
I tried.  I really really tried, but I couldn't get past the third paragraph without my eyes glazing over.

From what I gathered, the arguments relvoved around ignorance/misunderstanding of science.  If you're going to argue science, at least get your understanding of it up to a fourth-grader level.  Jeeze...
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline grant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 02:45:37 AM »
For those who haven't read it all, I recommend you try again. Its gold!

when a tree is cut down, or its limb cut off, it has the capacity or it is in its nature to regrow again, as this was the way The great Creator made a tree to be

evolution makes otherwise claims that is even more bizarre; in claiming that mankind are desendants of monkey or apes, they even call themselves animals or evolved from the big bang theory resulting in  molecules and fishes in the sea, which evolved to apes or monkeys, then came human beings.

I greatly disagree with science, because I do not see mankind going through any evolutionary process each time they reproduce or reprocreates.

Science can only study what the Great Creator already created, and since they also were not there when The Great Creator created His Universe, this is why they should  just humble themselve and dispense with all their assumptions and presumptions

Therefore, I  guess I would  now be seen as anti-christ to the Christian world, because I will not give Jupiter-Zeus, disguised as Jesus Christ in Christianity, the glory and honour that belong only to the Great Creator only
What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Hello

Excellent.

Paragraph 1: my answer is that every person who prays to TGC(The Great Contriver) seems to get different answers. The amputation question is more about a threshold that TGC doesn't want to pass. Why TGC doesn't pass this threshold is of no import; the problem is that there is a threshold, and that he never does pass it. If TGC is omnipotent and does in fact interfere in people's lives, there should be no threshold. Atheists infer that the fact that TGC does not pass this threshold, indicates that he is also not passing other lower thresholds, despite claims that he does.

2: goes nowhere, and argues nothing

3: it's "bowled", not bold. The rest of the paragraph also goes nowhere

4: you argue that we should give up and not study anything. This is a major-league cop-out. If it were up to you, you'd attribute Gridiron and Chess to the creator, which makes it meaningless. Yet another paragraph that goes nowhere.

5: "We have the choice of choosing His government, His authority and His laws," but we get several religions and versions of the laws, and He doesn't prove any of them make a difference. " then why should He force them against their own will and choices" He gives us freedom, by not giving us any laws. We make them all up, and attribute them to Him. This is why they are unconvincing, and evil people ignore them.

6: "Since evil is also present in our world, we also have to ask ourselves, where it was originated". Oh, that's easy. God made all the evil.
"And since mankind was given the universal choice, by the Great Creator in Eden, to choose their own destiny," No, we were told to not eat a yummy  fruit that god dangled in our faces, with a talking snake..
"But The Great Creator is even more merciful than man, cause He forgives mankind and allows them their lifetime to get things right with Him," Unless they die early, or born into Islam. Basically, you just said that everyone makes peace with God, and we are all saved. KTHX BAI

7. "May I say that I am not now a Christian, because I have found out that Christianity is based on religionised paganism". That's nice. Prove it.

8. "Mankind neither seeks to know The Great Creator their Maker,  nor choose Him to rule over their lives. They instead have accepted their own ways,, lifestyle choices and religion gods  (all demons of  corruptions and deceptions) which is ruled over by Satan" You seem to have bought into the pagan idea of Satan, an evil God, created by TGC, to fuck us over, for no good reason. And then you have the temerity to say we made the choice to follow him deliberately, but not the true god, deliberately. (Yet, we have no proof of either in existence.)

9. "However, if we choose to go our own ways, then He simply leaves us to get on with it, and whatever comes as a result of our own choices, we only have ourselves to blame," ... and the fact that He never revealed himself, and that he put us into a difficult life.

10. "I just want you to know that I am not trying to back any religion at all here," Oh, Jeez, no. But you seem to believe in the garden of eden, and are against evolution, and quote Psalms.
"who indeed hears my prayer, provide all my needs" You are just saying that.

11. "Via their translation process, they added in what they choose, to promote Jupiter-Zeus as Jesus Christ." Oh, FFS. Christianity was invented by Christians, around 130AD. Stop making shit up

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful attention Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:31:05 AM by Add Homonym »
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 03:28:18 PM »
For some reason after reading this OP I am reminded of a Simpsons episode, when the Simpsons join a cult called the Movementarians.

Homer Simpson: Wait, I'm confused about the movie. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?
Glen: What are you talking about? There is nothing like that in there!
Homer Simpson: Oh, you see when I get bored I make up my own movie. I have a very short attention span.

You know something. Just because you don't understand something or at least have a very very poor understanding of something doesn't mean that something isn't true. Your knowledge of science is very pathetic. And you don't even need to have an even basic understanding of science to know that your holy book is complete bullshit.

Just because you refuse to learn the most basic summary of evolution and the big bang doesn't mean it didn't happened. Perhaps you should escape LaLa land and open up a science textbook and expand your understanding.

-Em
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 06:08:33 PM »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
bm   enjoying the replies
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 09:25:46 AM »

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +542/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 10:25:16 AM »
Hello

As for your question 'Why doesn't God heal amputees?' Well, I do not presume to  know the answer or to answer for The Great Creator, (Whom I call GOD[1]), as He can answer for Himself, if we were to ask Him personally.
 1. what do other people call this deity around where you live?
So, how about asking him personally, and posting an answer?

If the Creator had  made Mankind with the same makeup and structure of a tree, it would probably be possible; … However, a human being and even animals are made with flesh blood and bones and it is not in its structure or make up to regrow,
Tree branches and limbs do not re-grow – please look at a tree.

The limbs of insects, some aquatic creatures and reptiles do re-grow. Perhaps god likes them better than humans…

Why can your god raise people from the dead, yet not have an amputated limb re-grow?

I can tell you are a religious person; they usually know very little. Religion is strongest where education is weakest.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:27:37 AM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 01:07:20 PM »
I think you missed the point; god 'cures' cancer but will never regrow a limb. Why is that?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 09:37:04 AM »
Hello

I greatly disagree with science.

I've pared away the unneeded to get to the core of your message.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 11:47:06 AM »
Hello

As for your question 'Why doesn't God heal amputees?' Well, I do not presume to  know the answer or to answer for The Great Creator, (Whom I call GOD[1]), as He can answer for Himself, if we were to ask Him personally.
 1. what do other people call this deity around where you live?
So, how about asking him personally, and posting an answer?

If the Creator had  made Mankind with the same makeup and structure of a tree, it would probably be possible; … However, a human being and even animals are made with flesh blood and bones and it is not in its structure or make up to regrow,
Tree branches and limbs do not re-grow – please look at a tree.

The limbs of insects, some aquatic creatures and reptiles do re-grow. Perhaps god likes them better than humans…

Why can your god raise people from the dead, yet not have an amputated limb re-grow?

I can tell you are a religious person; they usually know very little. Religion is strongest where education is weakest.
Salamanders, not reptiles.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +579/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 10:54:38 AM »
Might I suggest that the writer insert paragraph breaks a bit more frequently?  3-5 sentences is the standard for a paragraph, and it becomes very hard to read something that has paragraphs less often than that.  For example, the very first "paragraph" in this letter has fifteen or so sentences, which makes it hard to follow, especially since those sentences tend to be long themselves.

I'm not going to spend hours writing up a full response to this.  However, I think I should point out a severe flaw in the writer's reasoning.  The writer believes in a "Great Creator" who created life and the universe, and believes that this god created all that exactly as it exists right now.  Leaving aside the question of whether such a being exists, or even if it can exist, it does not then follow that it would have created everything exactly as described in the Bible.

That belief is based on superstition built off of the extremely limited knowledge and understanding of the original writers of the Bible.  It does no good for anyone to continue to hew to those ancient superstitions simply because they've been passed down for such a long time.  In fact, it has the potential to cause many problems, not the least of which is that holding such a belief tends to blinker one's perspective by creating preconceptions which interfere with the ability to think rationally about something.

So, my question for the writer is, why could this "Great Creator" not have created life so that it could evolve and develop on its own?  If he believes in a being capable of such creation to begin with, then it makes no sense for him to restrict this being only to the what he already believes is possible.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +542/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »
Hello
May I say that I am not now a Christian, because I have found out that Christianity is based on religionised paganism, and that it was actually started by the Roman Emperor Constantine and his monks in the forth Century.  Even Islam and every other so called religion on earth which has nothing whatsoever to do with the Great Creator, ...
All very interesting, but what proof do you have to demonstrate that "The Great Creator" exists or ever existed.

PS your idea of evolution is unfortunately wrong; you could revise your ideas by studying, but, somehow, I don't think you will.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +129/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 12:47:24 AM »
bm   

What is this "bm" ???  Just askin'
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 01:58:44 AM »
bm   

'bm' means bookmark. makes it easier for members to follow threads they are interested in.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 10:18:37 AM »
We all know, whether we are educated or not, the simple fact, that The Great Creator intended for reprocreation to take place between a man and a woman.

So gawd wants us to partake in sloppy seconds?!?!   8)
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline grant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +4/-0
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »
bm   

'bm' means bookmark. makes it easier for members to follow threads they are interested in.

It also may mean Bowel Movement, which is pretty self explanatory.
What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 05:33:50 AM »
We all know, whether we are educated or not, the simple fact, that The Great Creator intended for reprocreation to take place between a man and a woman.

So gawd wants us to partake in sloppy seconds?!?!   8)
Yes. I get 1sts...

No I couldnt get through all of it after the tree part I was pretty much done, then I scanned a little bit more and it was consistant throughout. I guess thats a plus, it was consistantly woefully uninformed.

Offline lectricpharaoh

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 03:56:24 PM »
Actually, numerous lizard species can regrow their tails, or a significant portion thereof.
The Bible is one of the select few books that is wholly deserving of being burned.
  - Me

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 07:47:07 PM »
I tried to read it; couldn't do it, the word "reprocreation" distracted me.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 10:27:50 AM »
Actually, numerous lizard species can regrow their tails, or a significant portion thereof.
Many lizards can indeed do this, albeit imperfectly, but when limbs are mentioned it is in reference to "arms and legs".
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 11:59:36 AM »
I tried to read it; couldn't do it, the word "reprocreation" distracted me.

heeeeeyyy--how come HE got +1 karma for mentioning reprocreation, but I made a clever jibe about it above and got no love?!?!   :P

happened in another thread too--astreja got a karm for a nearly identical comment to mine, one post alter than mine.  D'oh.  Folks must fear her clue-by-four more than my boots.
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline StopComplainingandLive

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 11:23:19 PM »
The really ironic thing is Jesus addresses it exactly opposite from what doubters says. Jesus says there are more important things than having limbs. In fact, He suggested that people amputate their limbs (or gouge out their eyes) if those parts helped them to sin:

"If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell. (Matthew 5:30)
"If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire. "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell. (Matthew 18:8-9)

The main thing that athiests have failed to understand is that this life is a mere short prequel to the life that is to come. Nobody is going to avoid all the discomforts or escape life intact. In fact, your destiny is death. If God healed everyone's illnesses, there would be no death. God wants to do more than just heal your physical bodies, which are temporary. God wants to heal your soul, which is eternal. God wants to make you perfect!7 However, God does not want to force anyone to act against his own will, so He give us choices. Agree to give up your "right" to sin and go along with God's plan, and He will reward you with a perfect soul in heaven.

Honestly if there is a single person here who has not read the coran or the bible and have actually understood it should not have a right to comment unless you like going into an argument without knowledge and with a closed minded
please do research before spewing hate
thanks  &)