Author Topic: Blaziken/ Lucifer/ OAA  (Read 1624 times)

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
Blaziken/ Lucifer/ OAA
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:33:28 PM »
And for the last time, the name's One Above All.

This week, perhaps, Blaziken Lucifer One Above All.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
Re: Blaziken/ Lucifer/ OAA
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »

I was wondering how a new guy could have over 7000 posts!!!  :o  Thanks for clearing that up.  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 02:00:42 PM »

I knew One was Lucifer, but I don't think I was here for the Blaziken -> Lucifer change over as I had shamefully deserted you all for a period of time. Nothing wrong with it I guess, it's his choice, but it does get confusing.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Timo

• Reader
  • Darwins +118/-2
  • You know
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 02:21:30 PM »

Wait a second.  Wait a second.  A man has the right to change his screen name to whatever he wants to change it to.  And if a man wants to be called One Above All, God damnit, this is a free country.  You should respect his wishes and call the man One Above All.
Nah son...

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 02:26:06 PM »

Wait a second.  Wait a second.  A man has the right to change his screen name to whatever he wants to change it to.  And if a man wants to be called One Above All, God damnit, this is a free country.  You should respect his wishes and call the man One Above All.

"His mamma called him Lucifer, I'm gonna call him Lucifer!  ;D

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
Are we really derailing this thread over my username? Start a new thread in the Chatter section if you want to discuss me.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 02:33:52 PM »
Are we really derailing this thread over my username? Start a new thread in the Chatter section if you want to discuss me.

One joke and one response doesn't classify as derailment to me. I wouldn't classify the 3rd(yours) either, especially since you were the subject. If I comment about this one more time after this, I would consider myself guilty of derailment. ;)
Enough with your bullshit.
. . . Mr. Friday . . . that post really is golden.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »
multiple personality disorder?
Delusions of grandeur?
Fickle?
What's the deal, man?

And seriously, that was worthy of a smite?  I thought it was cute.  You said "once and for all, the name is..." and next week you are just going to have a new name.  You are the one who changed you name twice.  You should be able to chuckle about that.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:18:23 PM by screwtape »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 03:16:33 PM »
multiple personality disorder?
Delusions of grandeur?
Fickle?
What's the deal, man?

It is not a thing you can comprehend.[1] You'd have to be me in order to think like me.
 1. ME3 FTW!
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 03:18:47 PM »
edited while you were responding.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »
And seriously, that was worthy of a smite?

Would I have given it otherwise?

You said "once and for all, the name is..."

No. I said "And for the last time, the name's One Above All." because joebbowers didn't seem to get it.

and next week you are just going to have a new name.

I kept the name for over six months. From your perspective, that shouldn't be a small amount of time.

You are the one who changed you name twice.  You should be able to chuckle about that.

And I am capable of chuckling about that. I choose not to, though.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +135/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 03:37:50 PM »
I preferred Lucifer. It touted a certain, how do I put it... "Snake in the grass" type imagery alongside it.  ;D
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 03:42:58 PM »
Changing names shouldn't be allowed.

1. It's hard enough keeping track of who is who without having to remember three names for the same individual.

As Traveler just demonstrated; she only realized today that OAA is Lucifer.

Blaziken has had three names in eighteen months; imagine if we all did this. Imagine if we did this in real life. It would be confusing.

2. It makes a nonsense of the archives; any new member exploring OAA's posting history is going to be very confused by the references to blaziken or lucifer.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »

I actually asked an admin if there was a limit to how many times a name could be changed. Judging from his silence regarding that question, I'm guessing "no".

1. It's hard enough keeping track of who is who without having to remember three names for the same individual.

You only need to remember one - the current one.

Not my fault. I had it in my sig for a while.

Blaziken has had three names in eighteen months; imagine if we all did this. Imagine if we did this in real life. It would be confusing.

I would change my name IRL on a frequent[1] basis if not for the fact that it takes a very long time to do so. As for my name here, I kept the first one until last year. That's three years with the same name.

2. It makes a nonsense of the archives; any new member exploring OAA's posting history is going to be very confused by the references to blaziken or lucifer.

Who the hell explores other people's posting history? Specially mine. It's long and boring.
 1. From your PoV.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 04:09:44 PM »
I actually find it comforting to know that it is an option to change my name if I decide to. 

Since I've been on this forum, I've seen a number of members change their names.  And I haven't been here that long. 

Van Persie

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »
I'd actually love to resurrect 'magicmiles', but don't know if that's possible.

Admin, can you help me out there? I don't know the password, and it has no valid email address linked to it.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »

I actually asked an admin if there was a limit to how many times a name could be changed. Judging from his silence regarding that question, I'm guessing "no".

Right, so now I'm going to change it back to Blaizken. After all there's no limit of the number of changes.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »
OAA/Lucifer/Blaziken:
So what? There is no specified limit, probably, because the administrators didn't anticipate that some jerks might want to keep changing their name.

You only need to remember one - the current one.
No; if I'm going to think about you, as an individual, I need to remember that you are OAA aka Lucifer aka Blaziken. 

Not my fault. I had it in my sig for a while.
It is your fault. You're the one acting like a jerk, expecting everyone to "get with the program" and keep up with your narcissism.

I would change my name IRL on a frequent basis if not for the fact that it takes a very long time to do so.
That would be crazy.

As for my name here, I kept the first one until last year. That's three years with the same name.
Yet, as I said, you have had three names in eighteen months. So your point is spurious.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 04:52:05 PM »
So what? There is no specified limit, probably, because the administrators didn't anticipate that some jerks might want to keep changing their name.

So I'm a jerk now? Wow.

No; if I'm going to think about you, as an individual, I need to remember that you are OAA aka Lucifer aka Blaziken.

Why?

It is your fault. You're the one acting like a jerk, expecting everyone to "get with the program" and keep up with your narcissism.

The name is right there; it's harder to memorize all of them than to simply copy what's written right there. How am I being a jerk?

That would be crazy.

Why?

Yet, as I said, you have had three names in eighteen months. So your point is spurious.

Your wording implied that I hadn't used the first one for very long. I just wanted to make things clear.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »
I'd actually love to resurrect 'magicmiles', but don't know if that's possible.

Admin, can you help me out there? I don't know the password, and it has no valid email address linked to it.

It should be possible for someone to help you get back in your old account. You should PM an admin. if you haven't already done so.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 05:01:47 PM »
OAA - why is it that when I look at the users online, no matter what time of day or night, I always see your name at the top? I'm worried that you have an internet addiction to this forum. I've looked at your stats graph and I'm worried about your addiction to this place. Should we "help" you take a break for a couple of days (hint hint)?

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 05:05:26 PM »
I have a really hard time when someone changes their avatar let alone their user name. My memory looks at the posting style, the image, and the name to try to forum a mental rolodex of who I'm talking to. When someone changes one of those (Even their posting style) I seriously get confused and have a hard time remembering who they are. This may not be important to lots of people, but I try to remember the personality, and history behind the poster because it adds context to the words on the screen.

That being said, I had an online stalker once at ATT and had to change my name. I was glad the feature was available to me then. I also changed my name when I rejoined WWGHA, but I only had like two posts here at the time and no one knew that user name any ways. IMO you should get one change, unless there is a serious need, such as a stalker.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 05:08:54 PM »
We identify you by your name, if you change your name and we don't know who you are then it's like speaking to a new person. I didn't know you were Blaziken right up until the point when I was browsing old threads for quotes and somebody referred to you as 'Blaziken'. I thought I was engaging with an entirely different person. I think it is nice to be able to know who you're talking to because you already know what they believe, what their arguments are and what they've said before and not only that, but discussions you've had with them and arguments you've already made and heck we've already started to get to know you are a person. If you're talking to a 'new' person so to speak, you start doing all that over again.

A permanent 'Formerly Blaziken/Lucifer' attached to your sig or somewhere else that's visible I think would remedy people's concerns there and mean people don't get confused and therefore don't have a problem.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »
I've occasionally thought about changing my screen name. When I chose it, I was a fulltime RVer, traveling around the country. Now that I'm settled down, it seems odd. I haven't changed it for a couple of reasons. Everyone knows me. And I stand by my previous posts.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +296/-38
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 05:21:01 PM »
OAA - why is it that when I look at the users online, no matter what time of day or night, I always see your name at the top?

Auto refresher.

I'm worried that you have an internet addiction to this forum.

The only thing I'm addicted to is food and water. And those aren't really addictions.

I've looked at your stats graph and I'm worried about your addiction to this place. Should we "help" you take a break for a couple of days (hint hint)?

Not necessary.

@Everyone else: I understand your problems and apologize for the inconvenience I caused. I will do as Seppuku proposed and attach a permanent "Formerly known as/AKA" thing to my sig.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 06:19:47 PM »

So I'm a jerk now? Wow.
You're not a total jerk. You are being jerkish. In this instance. In my opinion.

Why?
Because you're all the same person. I have a set of memories labelled "posts by Lucifer". And another set labelled "posts by OAA". You oblige me to add another label to remind me that these posts are from the same person. It's unnecessary. And if we all did what you do, there would be chaos.

That would be crazy.
Why?
Because if everyone changed their names each year there would be chaos.

Do you really not understand that?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 08:30:38 PM »
Would I have given it otherwise?

Sure.  Say, if you were petty or if you were insecure, or if you misunderstood my tone, or if you felt a little embarrassed...

No. I said "And for the last time, the name's One Above All." because joebbowers didn't seem to get it.

Let's not be pedantic here. The point is, is it really for the last time?  I think we all know it probably isn't.

I kept the name for over six months. From your perspective, that shouldn't be a small amount of time.

whoa.  Six whole months. 

And I am capable of chuckling about that. I choose not to, though.

Ah, I see.  We get the serious blaziken/ lucifer /oaa. 

Right, so now I'm going to change it back to Blaizken. After all there's no limit of the number of changes.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Actually, I'm thinking of changing my name to Blaziken...  We can all keep trading each others names until we cannot tell each other apart.  We won't know who posted what or who anyone is anymore.  You might not even know yourself.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
I have a really hard time when someone changes their avatar let alone their user name. My memory looks at the posting style, the image, and the name to try to forum a mental rolodex of who I'm talking to. When someone changes one of those (Even their posting style) I seriously get confused
Quite.

We identify you by your name, if you change your name and we don't know who you are then it's like speaking to a new person. I didn't know you were Blaziken right up until the point when I was browsing old threads for quotes and somebody referred to you as 'Blaziken'. I thought I was engaging with an entirely different person.
Quite.

See the point, Luc/OAA/blaziken?

Stop being jerkish. Grow up.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +131/-7
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 10:40:26 PM »
Actually, I'm thinking of changing my name to Blaziken...  We can all keep trading each others names until we cannot tell each other apart.  We won't know who posted what or who anyone is anymore.  You might not even know yourself.

Ooooo! Ooooo!  Can I be Davedave and talk about gay teachers who wear bikinis and serve tree bark in trendy restaurants?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.