Author Topic: 10 Days Of Praise  (Read 251 times)

Offline thunderridge

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
10 Days Of Praise
« on: June 17, 2012, 12:53:46 AM »
10 Days Of Praise is an outdoor xian event at a downtown square where I live.  I drove by and yelled out my window "gods are imaginary."   I realize Nam will not approve of such behavior.  Also at age 50 I should grow up and not behave in such a juvenile fashion.  But damn it, it sure was fun.  You can watch it (17 seconds) on youtube at brock86051.  It is titled no gods.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +121/-0
    • I am a Forum Guide
Re: 10 Days Of Praise
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 01:46:07 AM »
You seemed absolutely delighted yelling that.  ;D

But perhaps you should take Pascal's Wager around noon- it seems they'll be serving their world famous tater tot casserole between all the worshiping.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline lomolo

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 03:30:42 AM »
Sounded like you got hit by something. Eggs?

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 03:58:28 PM »
My evil little mind was racing around inside of my skull. I was trying to think of a big time prank that you could pull without risking jail time. How about getting a jesus costume complete with shepherds staff and addressing the crowd. You could tell them that your return signals imminent arrival of the end times. All sorts of possibilities there. One of the possibilities is that you might get crucified again. Nah! Bad idea.

That reminded me of a prank involving Al Franken He had a bunch of Harvard undergrads helping him research for a book he was writing titled; Lies. The young and imaginative guys and girls thought it might be fun to go to Greenville, S.C. to enroll at Bob Jones University. (that is an ultimate jesus freak college where girls wear ankle length dresses and pray a lot) The pranksters were mostly atheists of course. They pulled it off pretty well, making fools of the good people who showed them around campus and explained the rigid rules of behavior required of the students.

Later the students as well as Franken, felt some remorse for having been so cruel. They had to tell a bunch of lies in the phony enrollment process. They were after all researching for a book that derided liars. OH, the book details the unmitigated lies of Beck, Bush, Cheney, Nixon, and quite a few other right wing nutters. A Fun book.