Author Topic: One of the smartest men on the planet is...a CREATIONIST!!!  (Read 1457 times)

Offline qwan_lee

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-12
  • WWGHA Member
IF you have any rebuttal to some of his theories consult him...and good luck! Nonetheless, the whole point is this guy has a TREMENDOUS science background and CANNOT conclude anything other that a CREATOR being responsible for these patterns transcending many different sciences. If you think you can answer his MANY unanswerable questions then consult him...good luck because you are in over your head.

http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre17httscience.html

It has been known for some time that the IQ of atheists is "reportedly"(FALSE) higher than creationists and this is also a joke as demonstrated in one of Dr. Hovlind's videos. 160 professors "refuse"(wonder why) to make even one single point against Dr. Hovlind.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: One of the smartest men on the planet is...a CREATIONIST!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 05:31:30 PM »
Just one.
BM.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline BaalServant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
  • Praise Ba'al really hard!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 05:47:53 PM »
So, did you actually read any of that link you posted, qwuan_lee?

.   ###$$$$$$$$$$$$###
   ################
   ###  PRAISE BA'AL  ####
 #### FOR THE ALTAR ####
##### OF BA'AL!!!!!! #####
####################

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +373/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »
Whoa.  I thought that Time Cube was the last level on the Internet.  I didn't realize that there were bonus dungeons.  Sweet.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 06:52:04 PM »
Qwan Lee, you fail to convince me of your arguments. You fail to engage us in discussing any of these links/videos you post. I can only conclude that you are unwilling to listen to other people, suggesting your prefer ignorance over knowledge, therefore admitting to me that all the arguments you're posting up are null.

Instead of spamming us, engage us, hmm? How else are we to learn?

If you're talking about Ken Hovind, the man is a fraud. The thesis he wrote for his PHD to become Dr Hovind was put up on the internet and when I started reading it, I found that as an essay, particularly from a man who claims to be a scientists and claimed to teach science for many years, it was underwhelming. But he graduated from Patriot University, which has very low standards and his thesis is testament to that. The degrees from the University have no state recognition and is not recognised by the department of education. It is a bible University too. He is not officially recognised as a doctor, yet, he fraudulently calls himself one.

Plus, the man is a convicted fraudster, tax fraud, obstructing federal agents and smurfing. In essence, this man is clearly dishonest and a liar. His take on the world of science is no different. [edit] Ironically the first thing he brings to attention in the video is what the bible says about lying.

I've watched some of his lectures and seriously, he makes a lot of stuff up and it's impossible to debate with somebody who makes stuff up, because they just defend themselves with made up stuff. What Dr Hovind does is psuedo-science, it sounds like science and may convince somebody who does not understand science, but those who do understand science can see its flaws.

But imagine arguing with a guy who makes stuff up in response:
The Earth is round.
Not, it's a cuboid.
Here's a picture of the earth.
It appears so due to how light refracts when in a vacuum
A vacuum doesn't do that, here's an experiment to show you
But according to this made up theory, which is backed by many scientists offer different resuls
Which scientists, in which field?
Terra-cuboidologists who have PHDs in Terra-cuboidology

[edit]
Watching that and I can see his willful ignorance all over. Completely ignoring the claims of evolution scientists and their piles of evidence. The way he presents the 'opposing' argument is very inaccurate and I'd go as far as suggesting that it's dishonesty on his part. A man in his position will surely have had the actual claims and evidence put before him - heck, he'd only need to read on of those textbooks he claims are telling 'lies'. He's relying on the ignorance of the audience to peddle his faith.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:29:30 PM by Seppuku »
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Van Persie

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 07:08:16 PM »
10 minutes into the video and his machine gun delivery ( and, to be perfectly honest, American accent ) became too much for me. Besides...you all know I am a science ignoramus and generally lazy.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »
quan, are you actually going to find the courage to engage with us? I'm not interested in listening to Kent Hovind; even a cursory search shows the man is a fraud and liar who brings nothing new to the creationism / evolution "debate".

The reason people refuse to talk with him is hardly out of fear of him being right; creationist "arguments" have been proven hollow again and again. Hovind's goal (and the goal of most creationists who seek confrontations like this) is simply publicity and an opportunity to preach. Most of those he challenges see no reason to give him that. Period.

If you really want to persuade us your views have weight, have evidence backing them up, then stop just posting links and actually put some effort into defending those views. That is what gets you (and your ideas) credibility on this forum. Assuming that's your goal.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline BaalServant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »
Here's how the makers of the video acquired their list of professors who refused to debate this schill.

From the start of the video:

"Ask your professors if they will defend evolution in a public format.  If they will call our office to schedule a time.  If they refuse, please send thier name/classes they teach and school info to Jonathan@drdino.com so we can add their name to the ever growing list."

.   ###$$$$$$$$$$$$###
   ################
   ###  PRAISE BA'AL  ####
 #### FOR THE ALTAR ####
####################

Offline BaalServant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »
I'm about 5 minutes into the video and I'm can't help but wonder - Is the Kenneth character from 30Rock an intentional parody of Kent Hovind?
.   ###$$$$$$$$$$$$###
   ################
   ###  PRAISE BA'AL  ####
 #### FOR THE ALTAR ####
####################

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »
At 2.5 hours long the video was an immediate non-starter for me.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 09:11:04 PM »
I got about 7 minutes in.  We would have no morality without god, so it is a good thing that we have the 10 commandments.  And 2004 atheist online gun fights.  I think presented as an illustration of our lack of morality.  But I didn't stay for the punchline. 

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 05:26:42 AM »
I got about 7 minutes in.  We would have no morality without god, so it is a good thing that we have the 10 commandments.  And 2004 atheist online gun fights.  I think presented as an illustration of our lack of morality.  But I didn't stay for the punchline.

He then suggests all these jokes people made reflect the attitude of atheists and compares that to of the catholic church a few hundred years ago. Suggesting that we want to forcibly silence other people. Complete bullcrap basically.

I think this is another testament to why people don't want to debate him, he's very selective. Unfortunately, people buy into all that crap.

Ken Hovind is about as honest as well...an evangelic preacher. ;) Ted Haggard is another liar for Jesus. But when found out, no, no, no it's just the devil's work, I am a man of God and they peddle their bullshit and massage it into your brain, almost enough to feel sorry for them. If I were a Christian, I think I would be angry at these scum of the earth, because they're just bullshitting my holy text and trying to sell Jesus.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline IAmFirst

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 05:38:50 AM »
Quan, what are you, 12??

CNN, FoxNews and Wikipedia tell me the same thing in the first paragraph of his background:

"Since January 2007, Hovind has been serving a ten-year prison sentence after being convicted of 58 federal counts, including 12 tax offenses, one count of obstructing federal agents, and 45 counts of structuring cash transactions. He is incarcerated at the FPC Satellite Camp of the ADX Florence prison in Florence, Colorado."

Exactly how much teaching o his "truth" does he do in prison? :D

My advice on how to get smart: QUESTION EVERYTHING. Sheesh, you don't apply for jobs without googling your prospective place of employment, do you?
2nd of all, if all you believe in is peer-reviewed papers, you won't go very far in life...

-- Shin :D

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »
^I wonder why his god doesn't pull a Paul and cause an earthquake to release Mr. Hovind from prison.  And before he walks out he can baptize all the guards at the facility. 
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +533/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 12:18:03 PM »
160 professors "refuse"(wonder why) to make even one single point against Dr. Hovlind.
They refuse because Hovind is a liar and a fraud and they do not wish to be associated with him.

He's the guy who called himself "Doctor" Hovind, although his "doctorate" was earned (purchased) from an unaccredited diploma mill.

Hovind also "mines quotes" from anything that a reputable professor says. Let me give you an example of how this is done:

Hovind: "Do you accept that there are some people who are sincere in their belief in God?"
Prof: "Yes, I can accept that."

Then, afterwards, in his publicity, Hovind might say, "Professor accepts belief in God! Praise the Lord! Another soul saved!"

Hovind is a snake-oil salesman - he spreads ignorance and superstition. He took the banana as proof that evolution could not be true - search for that video on Youtube. And then look up the strange way the banana actually became a banana.

Now, what would Jesus say to all that?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »
Few learned people want to "debate" neo-Nazis or KKK members, either. It does not prove that the person is right. It only means that they are repellent and untrustworthy. Their ideas are not even worth rebutting in a public forum, because it only gives them media attention and legitimizes them.

What would be gained by a "debate" with a clown who is not really concerned with science or education, and only wants to make you look foolish in public? Why would a reputable person "debate" a known con artist?[1]

No qualified scholar or professor wants to be seen on the same stage with that guy for the same reason no respectable political leader wants to be seen with Lyndon LaRouche or Jean-Marie Le Pen.

1. High IQ does not mean you are a good person. Con artists and swindlers are very smart. As many sociopaths are.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline BaalServant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 05:31:50 PM »
Here's how the makers of the video acquired their list of professors who refused to debate this schill.

From the start of the video:

"Ask your professors if they will defend evolution in a public format.  If they will call our office to schedule a time.  If they refuse, please send thier name/classes they teach and school info to Jonathan@drdino.com so we can add their name to the ever growing list."

Correction - they had asked 146 professors to debate Hovind prior to the taping of this video, but they declined. 

This only explains the remaining 14 professors on their list with better things to do.
.   ###$$$$$$$$$$$$###
   ################
   ###  PRAISE BA'AL  ####
 #### FOR THE ALTAR ####
####################

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 08:40:11 PM »
160 professors "refuse"(wonder why) to make even one single point against Dr. Hovlind.

because he's in jail?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »
the whole point is this guy has a TREMENDOUS science background
What, exactly, is his science background?
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 05:19:45 AM »
the whole point is this guy has a TREMENDOUS science background
What, exactly, is his science background?

He put mentos in a bottle of coke and watched it take off like a rocket once.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +221/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 06:25:33 AM »
He's the guy who called himself "Doctor" Hovind, although his "doctorate" was earned (purchased) from an unaccredited diploma mill.

Jesus, if he's so smart, then why doesn't he print them himself?
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 07:30:45 AM »
I have a pdf copy of his doctoral dissertation.  It is about 6th grade level work.  Unorganized, redundant, says nothing new, makes claims but does absolutely nothing to establish their veracity, etc.  He should be in jail just for that.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline gonegolfing

• Reader
  • Darwins +23/-2
  • God ?...Don't even get me started !
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 08:01:19 AM »
IF you have any rebuttal to some of his theories consult him...and good luck! Nonetheless, the whole point is this guy has a TREMENDOUS science background and CANNOT conclude anything other that a CREATOR being responsible for these patterns transcending many different sciences. If you think you can answer his MANY unanswerable questions then consult him...good luck because you are in over your head.

It has been known for some time that the IQ of atheists is "reportedly"(FALSE) higher than creationists and this is also a joke as demonstrated in one of Dr. Hovlind's videos. 160 professors "refuse"(wonder why) to make even one single point against Dr. Hovlind.

Oh for fuck sakes.

Could it be that the 160 would rather not be associated, or have conversations, with a paranoid, fraudulent, ignoramus creationist criminal that's in prison ?

Me thinks so.

"I believe that there is no God. I'm beyond atheism"....Penn Jillette.

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 10:20:20 AM »
I really don't care who believes what.  Be it one person or three billion, they don't see basic biological evidence, no matter how much they want to claim that they do.  I don't give a flying left-or-right what the smartest man on Earth believes.  Also, I'm simply not buying that this guy's intelligent in the least.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 10:22:45 AM by Benny »
I'm here every now and again.
We're gonna rock down to Alexis Avenue, he makes the score go higher!

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »
QL this is not humourous. Surely you intended your post and the video as a sick joke. Hey! It worked. You snookered a whole gaggle of very bright respondents into considering that you might be serious.  :laugh: :laugh:  &) ;D

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 07:54:38 AM »
Wow what a rambling insane mess of a website. One of the smartest men on the planet? My dog could barf up a more coherent argument.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 04:33:37 AM »
 I'd also like to point out that the OP, qwan_lee, just makes new topics and doesn't reply to them. He is not here for discussion or debate, he is here to preach. Shut him down.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +533/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 07:22:22 AM »
joeblowers has remarked:

I'd also like to point out that the OP, qwan_lee, just makes new topics and doesn't reply to them. He is not here for discussion or debate, he is here to preach. Shut him down.

To an extent, it does seem that he is correct. I say this as, once you have posted, you seem to take little interest. Is this what you are doing?

GB Mod.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +221/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 03:36:10 AM »
I think we should just change the names of the threads. Any ideas what we could rename this one to?
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.