Author Topic: Other Forms of Negation AKA what drove nonstamp nuts  (Read 2915 times)

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Other Forms of Negation AKA what drove nonstamp nuts
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 01:46:42 AM »
So, this boils down to case number 2435632 of selectively reading the bible in order to insert present day knowledge.
The whole argument hinges on the meaning of the word 'and' in Lev 11:19; and it depends on the grammar rules of the language in which you read that line. In Dutch, for instance, inserting the meaning euroclydon wants is impossible. You need to completely rewrite the entire section Lev11:13-19, putting the bat first and than all the birds.

All of this would be impressive ... if euroclydon were making this point BEFORE modern taxonomy had been developed.

I'm not sure I'm relying on the word "and" so much as just pointing out where the bat appears.

I did say "the last organism"...

Is there something about the "and": in that verse that you feel I have capitalized on? Do you have evidence of that in my posts.

Or are you just hurting so bad to make an argument that you'll say anything? ... LIKE THE KOOOK who thought that since ancient chordates were left out that there is something "wrong"when there is no article or circumstance for those animals to be even spoken?

Offline euroclydon

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • WWGHA Member
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 01:49:38 AM »
what the f**k? what does this have to do with anything?

I am endeavoring to encourage the processes of reasoned data analysis instead of the flippant, asinine remarks we see on this site.

You are doing nothing short of providing minor entertainment to this forum.  Please, continue...

THEN THIS IS WHAT YOU MUST DO.

You must admit that this forum is a collection of mockers speaking from ignorance, and a hatred of something they know nothing about.

I want you to admit that this is a site of prejudice, hate, mockery, and foolishness.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »
^^ That does not logically follow.  The fact that you are providing nothing of any value beyond entertainment is information about you.  It is not information about the forum.  Any forum might choose to tolerate such a member.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Grimm

• Professional Windmill Tilter
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-1
  • Apparently, the Dragon to be Slain
    • The Hexadecimal Number of the Beast
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 09:34:28 PM »
I'm still waiting for you to reply to my statement that your entire argument hinges on a fallacy.

*shrug* 

There's no mockery in it.  Just an attempt to discuss things on your level.
"But to us, there is but one god, plus or minus one."  - 1 Corinthians 8:6+/-2

-- Randall, XKCD http://xkcd.com/900/

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 06:07:53 PM »

THEN THIS IS WHAT YOU MUST DO.

You must admit that this forum is a collection of mockers speaking from ignorance, and a hatred of something they know nothing about.

I want you to admit that this is a site of prejudice, hate, mockery, and foolishness.

Sorry newbie...this forum is a place where some atheists get to tell theists that they are absolutely wrong about their delusions of any real gods.  And then you come along and add conspiratorial clap trap to the mix, and make it slightly entertaining, at best.

Tell us, oh wise one - Why won't God heal amputees?