Author Topic: WeZzZzRURR and Screwtape commentary thread  (Read 988 times)

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +683/-28
  • Karma mooch
WeZzZzRURR and Screwtape commentary thread
« on: June 08, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »
This thread is for nonparticipants to post their comments.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Tinyal

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +26/-1
Re: WeZzZzRURR and Screwtape commentary thread
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
<grabs some popcorn with extra buttery sauce! & waits for the show>

;D
Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water?

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +276/-31
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »
Given Superman's weakness to magic...I'd reluctantly give this one to Goku.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +683/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 01:55:41 PM »
I fucking HATE dragon ballZ, so I will give nothing to goku. the guys head looks like an artichoke.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +566/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »
Goku doesn't use magic.

Given the massive power level inflation that happened in DBZ, I think we would reasonably have to consider where in the series we're talking about.

Also, Superman's powers are seldom really tested.  He's so much more powerful than most everyone else in his universe (Darkseid is a notable exception, but there just aren't that many others) that he has no way to really train.  Give him the opportunity to train like Goku did, and to fight opponents who can actually give him a challenge, and it's a whole new ballgame.  Even if his powers are charged by sunlight, there's still skill in how to use them.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +276/-31
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »
Goku doesn't use magic.

But he does use some sort of mystical power.  So it's an open question, then, as to whether Superman is vulnerable to them in the same way that he is vulnerable to magic.  I would expect that he is.

I've never actually watched DBZ, btw, I was just going by the Wiki article.

Given the massive power level inflation that happened in DBZ, I think we would reasonably have to consider where in the series we're talking about.

Fair.  Though to be fair, we need to apply that to Superman as well:  Which incarnation of his character are we talking about, here?  In some cases he can be thrashed by a big robot, in others he can be chucked at the moon so hard it cracks in half without him suffering injury.

Also, Superman's powers are seldom really tested.  He's so much more powerful than most everyone else in his universe (Darkseid is a notable exception, but there just aren't that many others) that he has no way to really train.  Give him the opportunity to train like Goku did, and to fight opponents who can actually give him a challenge, and it's a whole new ballgame.  Even if his powers are charged by sunlight, there's still skill in how to use them.

True.  When it comes to Superman actually fighting, he's not all that skillful - which really comes up against folks like Darkseid, or Mongul, or Doomsday.  Or, presumably, Goku.  This ties in with your other point about different incarnations and points along storylines - some have practiced more than others.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 12:24:27 PM »

Goku?
Dragon Ballz?
Superman?
Darkseid?

;D ;D ;D

I believe I"ve made myself clear.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:32:48 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 05:48:13 AM »
What's Screwtape's power level? It's over 9000!!!

Yeah, I'm sorry about that.

Not a DBZ fan here, but the abridged series somebody did on YouTube is pretty funny.

However, I like to think Screwtape more like an Evangelion Unit, they murder angels (and are the good guys). And look, Screwtape has dropped by for an evening snack:

Oh those crazy Japanese and their giant monster robots.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.