Author Topic: Re: You're Insane [#2653]  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
Re: You're Insane [#2653]
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 07:36:21 AM »
Nice forum; full of the brightest people on earth I'm sure. I can't believe it's legal to actually ALLOW this kind of forum to exist.

^ I stopped right there. I saw no reason to read further.

But the LOL from that sentence title waved me further down the rabbit hole.  ;)
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 02:44:38 PM »
I chuckled again upon reading this.  Does this guy seriously think that capitalizing various words is going to make people pay more attention?  Does he think that fiery denunciations of people with whom he does not agree will accomplish anything?  Apparently, and that's why I found it amusing.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +846/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Re: Re: You're Insane [#2653]
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 05:31:37 PM »
I actually responded to each part of this when I was on earlier but it said I exceeded the word count allowance, or something. In short: a lot of preaching, history that pertains to idiots, and I love how these "good wholesome Christians" use vulgarities, profanities, etc., at those who disagree with them and yet we are the bad people.

This isn't a hate website but almost every Christian website I've been to, speaks about other people who are not Christian in hateful tones.

I mean this guy thinks only rapists and murderers are atheists, as if Christians never rape, or murder anyone.

Idiot.

-Nam

Can this moran explain why places that have more athiests and fewer religious folks have less rape and murder than religious places? Compare crime rates in Japan to, say, Brazil or the US.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »
OP: (mailer) ..you're insane.  I think I'll write a response:

Anyone so full of hatred, envy, ignorance, anger, and malice cannot possibly be from above.  Did you notice the OP clearly thinks that almost everyone will be dying for an eternity while he lives yet?  Did you notice the absurd accusations against a highly intellectual community?  Did you notice the 'special powers', etc...

I would say, if you're going to send an email, at least do it in style - insane email style...
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +263/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 02:05:19 AM »
Quote from: Civility-challenged Mailbagger
Why does God let people exist when they are clearly all choosing to hate HIM...

Well, we're still here.  Your god is apparently not powerful enough to deal with us.

This world is HELL...

That reflects more on your ability to deal with the real world than upon the real world itself.  This planet has a few rough spots, but there's far more good than bad; otherwise, we wouldn't have survived this long.

Who would say "NO" if they were standing face to face with God and He gave them a choice, "You can choose path number 1 -- the 'Broad Path' which is ultimate suicide, where you will die and never be mentioned, nor will you be remembered, nor will your name be recorded -- it will be forever -- and you will be as though you NEVER were -- entirely up to you now. Path number 2 -- the "Narrow Path" is immortality, no more pain, suffering, no more of the previous things -- not even a slight problem, ever -- no evil, no pain, no temptations, no suffering, no death -- just eternal life and everything you could ever learn, without ever getting "bored" or "sick" or "tired"...

I actually think I'd enjoy path #1 more.  I'm not so attached to My ego that I'd want it to endure forever; better to be recycled and My memory obliterated.

Yeah, so you figure the rest out while you still have TIME...

*shrug* I have zero interest in "figuring things out."  I'd rather spend that time playing My clarinet... Seriously.  Music is infinitely more interesting to Me than your hypothetical magical Foreverland.

Well, I'm ALIVE -- but you don't know that yet. What will you do WHEN that is made clear to you and everyone else on the planet, and when I raise all of the dead in the Last Day? What then?

Then you and I shall arm-wrestle for ultimate rulership of the universe.  Or I'll go bake cookies.  Or wander off to start My own universe.

...the pathetic brain I acutally GAVE you to use, but I also SEVERELY punished you already, and limited your access to knowledge, to the Truth about life, even making it so you are the ONLY CREATURES IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE TO EVER EVEN ASK, "Is there a god? Any god? The God? One God?

Shoddy workgodship you've got there, kiddo!  One loose angel and it'll all come crashing down on you all over again.  (Springy G wonders if She should pursue ISO 9001 certification for Her divinity)

You are the only creatures dumb enough to argue, and pretend to be anything other than the filthy, naked, disgusting creatures you were made to be...

I say again:  You don't seem to do particularly good work for a god.  How do we know that this non-boring eternal life you allegedly built for us is what it's cracked up to be?  For all we know, your idea of a perfect forever is a sweaty  8x10 room with mirrors on all sides, with a mono turntable playing a scratchy rendition of Handel's Messiah that skips on every second "Hallelujah!"

It's a GLITCH, which is happening to ALL of you pathetic biological computers. You're all set for TERMINATION and DELETION, and most ALL who were ever born -- will be DELETED.

And I suspect you're coming with us benighted heathens to /dev/null, as there's no actual evidence for life after death.

Go ahead and TRY to destroy His Kingdom --

Sure!  (Springy G immediately cancels all salvation for all humans past, present and future, and issues the command "rm -rf Kingdom")  You're welcome.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +263/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 02:20:35 AM »
Well, I agree with all of that.

. . . . .

He WAS talking about Odin, right?

Uh... No.

And Dad and His ravens are looking at you funny.  To be on the safe side, I think you should send a 6-pack of mead and a large pizza to Asgard.   ;D
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +219/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 09:39:25 AM »
BLEH. This guy is too gutless to even read replies, that's why he drops his ignorant poo in one post. If he actually engages with anyone, his impervious intellect will start to unravel.

Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »
I believe that we can concur; this dude is dangerously fucked up.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 06:48:39 PM »
It's ironic that the OP calls us all bigots. That entire rant is essentially sat there judging me poorly, judging all of us here very badly and in some pretty nasty ways, yet he has bothered to get to know us or to get to know what we think or to even bother trying to understand us. No, that was a huge pile of hateful shit, which accuses us of being hateful of God. We would probably hate God if he did exist, but it's difficult to love or hate something you don't believe exists. You might hate or like them as a fictional character, I quite like Spongebob Squarepants, he's an excellent fictional character. I don't like God as a fictional character, no, but then how the bible portrays him is awful. There are nicer gods out there, I still don't believe in them. If I was a wishful thinker, I might have gone for Odin, the Norse mythology is epic and certainly fun and exciting, but alas, I have to leave that to the world of fiction, because science is more compelling and filling our gaps with the supernatural just doesn't make much sense for me as it's baseless.

And you know what, you hateful bigot in the OP, I actually believe people are welcome (and free) to believe whatever they wish so long as it isn't hurting anybody, so I am not a Christian hating bigot, I'm just a bigot hating bigot. Christians whoses believes and practices do nobody harm do not bother me. It's once they do then I have a problem. This forum and website is meant as a challenge to the literally view and open up a discourse between 2 different sides, its done well in attracting the attention of people because it is provokative. But you've clearly not read much on the website because you've shown that you do not understand the question. On the note of discourse, it's healthy, heck I've spoken to Christians who enjoy challenging debate/questions because they feel that as Christians their beliefs should be challenged, their argument is, how can somebody justify their own beliefs if they've not questioned them. These Christians are friends of mine, however, they're not the sort of people we usually attract around here.

But instead of insulting us Mr OP-guy, put your money where your mouth is, sign up and *cure* us of our stupidity, but be prepared to assess your own views and to be scrutinised. However, if you wish to remain a douchebag and make assumptions about with out first beginning to try to understand us and not engage in any kind of reasonable and mature discussion, then please, give us something to amuse ourselves with.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 07:18:21 PM »
Well, obviously he's a TRUE CHRISTIAN (TM) because it's so easy to feel the the love, nay, the agape love and serenity that can only be found with someone that walks daily with jesus.

Or of course he's bat-shit insane like the rest of the theists..
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +846/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 10:24:08 PM »
Well, I agree with all of that.

. . . . .

He WAS talking about Odin, right?

Uh... No.

And Dad and His ravens are looking at you funny.  To be on the safe side, I think you should send a 6-pack of mead and a large pizza to Asgard.   ;D

Light some candles for Durga while you are at it. She's kick-a$$.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +70/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 11:10:17 PM »

Pasted into an A4 page in Microsoft Word, my wordcount tells me that not wasting any more time talking has, for this poor deluded theist equates to:

7 pages
3,751 words
16,442 characters (no spaces)
20,174 characters (with spaces)
25 paragraphs
243 lines

I sincerely hope that this guy doesn't ever let us know everything he actually knows on the subject.

This is what I imagine many of Paul's letters to have sounded like back when he wrote them, only the most coherent having been saved.

Professor Spolsky explains the origins of religion here (worth 20 min, imo):

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2012, 04:34:33 AM »
or even more briefly

I like this version so very much better than the OP. Succinct. Colorful. Not nearly so annoying or psychotic. Please pass along my thanks to whoever did this one.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 05:40:06 AM »
I should not write responses late at night, not only was I annoyed writing it, its grammar is pretty horrible. :(
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »
Quote from: Author

I won't waste any more time talking about what I already know, and referring to what is obviously retarded -- this entire group of people -- anyone who entertains this moronic forum of horrid and putrescent stench... the most ridiculous question ever thought up, to "stimulate" a bunch of useless and meaningless low-lifes to gather in their den, where they can discuss healthy religious topics -- yet remaining bigots who secretly target all Christians and any and all monotheistic thinkers who believe in one god, or say "I believe in the One Living God of Abraham, and His Son Jesus..."

Yet, he goes on to waste much more time talking about obviously retarded things.

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 07:22:08 PM »
God clearly LETS them be, and just lets them continue to be that way. Obviously God doesn't get involved with our wars and our stupid trading routes...   

See, this is what we miss.  This man is on(to) something important.   What is it, sir, that you know about our trading routes?
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs