Author Topic: Korea - so sad  (Read 976 times)

Offline Star Stuff

• Professor
  • Darwins +146/-2
  • Carbon-based life form.
God is an Imaginary Friend for Grown-ups

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
Re: Korea - so sad
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 12:03:59 AM »
there is no defeating the dumb

...one can only hope that in the future pride will be synonymous with knowledge, not ignorance.

.....meanwhile, the irritating dismay of being born into a c-grade species.

stupid stupid monkeys
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 05:21:30 AM »
Wow.  And few countries have Korea's reputation for successful, high quality education. 

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 05:27:27 AM »
There are a lots of Korean evangelicals. We save the South from totalitarianism but then burden them with this shit.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 05:38:22 AM »
There are a lots of Korean evangelicals. We save the South from totalitarianism but then burden them with this shit.

Yeah. I guess I had the mistaken impression that the Korean evangelicals are the ones who migrate out of Korea and end up in places like NY and your neighborhood.  I had no idea that Korea proper was plagued with such foolishness. 

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 07:17:37 AM »
I know a country that won't be "having" any biologists for a few years...
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 07:55:26 AM »
Dude, that's just pathetically sad. I'd rather have both viewpoints in textbooks than for Evolution just to be nixed all together. There went my respect for South Korea.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 08:03:15 AM »
This is f***ing horrible. Thanks for sharing StarStuff.

I decided to petition the government. I doubt it'll come to anything but it's worth a try.

"Tell the South Korean Government to Reinstate the Teaching of Evolution in Schools!" http://t.co/IjjZo3XT
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 08:09:13 AM »
Couldn'r sign it. My phone wouldn't completely load the page. I'll try again later.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »
Wow.  And few countries have Korea's reputation for successful, high quality education.

A reputation they won't have for much longer if they persist down this road.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 07:19:15 PM »
Yeah. I guess I had the mistaken impression that the Korean evangelicals are the ones who migrate out of Korea and end up in places like NY and your neighborhood.  I had no idea that Korea proper was plagued with such foolishness.

They come to America to learn the trade, then they return to Korea to practice it.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 11:40:42 PM »
If going by this one article is true, thankfully, the Nature article Star Stuff posted is 1/2 truths and not the full story.

This was presented by Mel M from the article in the comments:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/is-nature-presenting-the-whole-story-about-south-korea/

Apparently it's not a creationism winning over evolution in South Korea, but an attempt to give better examples of evolution, and everybody felt the examples were poor examples to begin with.

Offline Dynamic

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • A Young Atheist
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 02:25:23 AM »
This is like what is happening in the US.

Majority rules.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

If you want to talk through skype, message me.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 03:11:47 AM »
SOUTH Korea?? I thought they were enlightened there, in complete contrast to those crazies in the North.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 05:24:50 AM »
SOUTH Korea?? I thought they were enlightened there, in complete contrast to those crazies in the North.

People everywhere are mostly the same: gullible.

Btw, I work in an area heavily populated by Koreans and I insure 3 Korean pastors who sponsor missionaries (immigrating students from Korea who are "taught" here and then returned home to "spread the word") and one of the pastors in particular was annoyed with me because her premium kept increasing. She always had a pissed sound in her voice. When I mentioned a way to reduce her bill, a way that I had mentioned many years ago but she refused, she suddenly agreed this time and said that I was a "miracle worker" and that I "will always be able to do the good work for the Lord". I replied, "Mmmkay."

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:29:41 AM by Chronos »