Author Topic: Hi, I'm Wesley  (Read 3136 times)

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
Re: Hi, I'm Wesley
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 03:02:06 PM »
I understand all the words there, but the order in which you have arranged them does not make sense to me.  Please explain what you mean.  Particularly, please explain what you mean by "precise".  As an engineer, you should have an acutely developed understanding of precision.
this is my understanding: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_and_precision
I do not see how it relates at all to the Earth's orbit.

Well what I meant, sorry that my terminology lacks proper definition, is that the path in which the Earth takes in its movement around the sun does not vary (or at least much at all?) from its elliptical shape.

You seem to be saying "If things were different, they would be different."  Is this a goldielocks argument?  Everything is juuuuust right, thus god.   

Yes I guess you can describe it that way, but my belief is that the probability of many things that happen in this universe that we take for granted exceed the possibility of happening (i.e. it will not happen)... That is my belief, and because of that belief, I believe that a God had to and continues to play a roll in this universe.

?  I do not understand the second half of that sentence.  Nor do I understand what being an engineer has to do with it.

Sorry I realized the error as I was closing my laptop, was in a hurry for my final.... In engineering, we use mathematical analysis and other such analytical methods to design, solve, etc....  Now to me, I believe there are things that have occured, are occuring, and will occur that lack any kind of analytical explanation that we can come up with, other than the belief that there is a God.

Great leapin jesus, man.  Where on earth are you studying engineering and where did you come up with these ideas? 

Please elaborate, as I was unaware that in the field of mechanical engineering, I am introduced to uncontrolled probability theories...
I want to leave this world knowing that I did everything I can to make it a better place...

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
Utter garbage - You know, I have some faith in the intelligence of people, but here my will to continue is failing. We have known for hundreds of years that the Earth's orbit around the sun is an ellipse, its shortest radius is 5 Million Kms shorter than the longest.

Please show me where in my statement I stated that the path in which the Earth travels around the sun is not of an elliptical shape.

You are not an engineer - why are you lying?

I am not lying.

Yes, I, unlike you, have thought about it - it is not very precise at all.

God is not necessary.

Good for you, I have though about it as well, and have decided that I believe that there are things in this world that lack explanation without the intervention of God, and if you are referring to the word precision as it is stated in wikipedia from a scientific standpoint, than I am sorry to expect that you guys would have enough common sense to understand what I meant... intricacy might be a better way to describe it.

Your post is the same as a piece of stupidity common on the internet as a facebook extract. I posted the shortened reply to accompany you on the shortened bus.

First off, your attempt to belittle me with the shortened bus comment will be dully noted.....  A comment such as radiates ignorance.....

Second off, in his statement, he stated a "fact" about the earth being thrown off by 10 feet, I did not state my claim as factual... To add to this, the counterargument presented to him has to do solely with the concept of sustainable life within certain distances from the sun, which is not the sole argument in which I sit my statement on.  My statement also takes into account the intricacy involved with the gravitational field involved in our orbit, and how that would be affected, along with other planets in our solar system, if the elliptical path in which our planet takes were to be shifted.
I want to leave this world knowing that I did everything I can to make it a better place...

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »
One of those reasons is because I am a mechanical engineer.

Sorry I realized the error as I was closing my laptop, was in a hurry for my final.... In engineering <cut>

Hi, I'm confused... are you studying to become a mechanical engineer or do you already have your degree?
Welcome to WWGHA, hope you enjoy your stay.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »
Hi, I'm confused... are you studying to become a mechanical engineer or do you already have your degree?
Welcome to WWGHA, hope you enjoy your stay.

Sorry should have stated, I am studying currently.  :D

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 03:57:11 PM »
So, not an engineer. Thanks for clearing it up.

You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »
So, not an engineer. Thanks for clearing it up.

Well yeah, if you believe that what defines someone as being an engineer is a piece of paper of recognition that they completed 4 years of education in the field of engineering, then yes I am not an engineer.

But I would like to believe that I am, I have completed a majority of my engineering courses, and I have built and designed various things already in my life, maybe not super effective things or widely popular things, but I have done those things, which are elements involved in the definition of an engineer. =)

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 04:21:29 PM »
Well yeah, if you believe that what defines someone as being an engineer is a piece of paper of recognition that they completed 4 years of education in the field of engineering, then yes I am not an engineer.

Yes, that is what is commonly meant when one says they are an engineer.

If anyone asks you what you do, say "I am a student at university studying to become an engineer".
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 04:40:31 PM »
Yes, that is what is commonly meant when one says they are an engineer.

If anyone asks you what you do, say "I am a student at university studying to become an engineer".

Fair enough, will do. But if its a question of profession, being that being an engineer can be considered a profession, I have seen compensation for engineering projects in which I have taken on, just another way to look at things.

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 04:51:33 PM »
(i) Weather and "other things[1]"do not affect radioactive emissions.
(ii) The variations in Carbon dating are well-known and can be factored in with remarkable accuracy.
(iii) Carbon 14 is not the only way of dating, there are many other isotopes all with varying half-lives.
Case closed
 1. Is that a technical engineering term?

Well, once again, another area where I will have to conduct research on, my apologies for commenting on a subject in which I have little knowledge of, I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the notion that we can calculate how old something is...

Offline Ambassador Pony

• Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »
Fair enough, will do. But if its a question of profession, being that being an engineer can be considered a profession, I have seen compensation for engineering projects in which I have taken on, just another way to look at things.

There are many ways to look at anything. And, there is common usage. It takes humility and experience in good measure.

I am comfortable with thinking you were not being dishonest and am happy to move on.

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 05:10:48 PM »
There are many ways to look at anything. And, there is common usage. It takes humility and experience in good measure.

I am comfortable with thinking you were not being dishonest and am happy to move on.

haha sounds good to me, pointless rambling.... =)

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 06:47:11 PM »
Like I said, I am more than willing to keep talking with you on the subject, there's a lot to talk about.
Feel free to pm me, once you are able.  I don't mind having conversation..  Especially if it's productive.
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 06:57:27 PM »
Yeah same goes the other way, feel free to PM me if you wanna talk.... I like you D3 avatar btw.. =)

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 12:31:29 AM »
.. is I believe there are things in this universe that lack common sense to be explained with.....  As a believer, that is one aspect of my belief of God.  Just think about the amount of precision that goes on in our galaxy's orbital system, if by chance it happened to fall into the position that it is in presently, ..

Another aspect about the "precision" of the orbits. Isn't it odd that none of the orbits of the bodies around our sun are stable, or that any of the orbits align symmetrically? Don't designers love symmetry?

Some related info http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/index.php/t-172738.html
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 12:48:38 AM »
Another aspect about the "precision" of the orbits. Isn't it odd that none of the orbits of the bodies around our sun are stable, or that any of the orbits align symmetrically? Don't designers love symmetry?

Some related info http://www.physicsforums.com/archive/index.php/t-172738.html

I read the conversation in the link that you shared, I am having a hard time following along with the vocabulary, and also it seems to me that the conversation never really was proved to either side.  Some of the people claimed that it has not changed over the course of the years, but then others claimed otherwise...

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 12:54:22 AM »
.. Some of the people claimed that it has not changed over the course of the years, but then others claimed otherwise...

OKay.. Do any of the conversations on that site seen to state that the orbits are stable and symmetrical? Have you any reasons to believe that the orbits around the sun are stable and symmetrical? Wouldn't the lack of stability and symmetry lead you to believe that your previous awe of precision is perhaps misplaced?

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 01:45:33 AM »
OKay.. Do any of the conversations on that site seen to state that the orbits are stable and symmetrical? Have you any reasons to believe that the orbits around the sun are stable and symmetrical? Wouldn't the lack of stability and symmetry lead you to believe that your previous awe of precision is perhaps misplaced?

Please elaborate on what you mean as far as "stable" and symmetrical", these are two words that I have not referenced...

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 02:05:47 AM »
Please elaborate on what you mean as far as "stable" and symmetrical", these are two words that I have not referenced...

OKay.. Let me put this into simple terms. "Do any of the conversations on that site seen to state that the orbits are "unchanging" and "line up with one another in an orderly fashion"? Have you any reasons to believe that the orbits around the sun are "unchanging" and "line up with one another in an orderly fashion"?? Wouldn't the lack of stability and orderliness lead you to believe that your previous awe of precision is perhaps misplaced?

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 02:14:11 AM »
OKay.. Let me put this into simple terms. "Do any of the conversations on that site seen to state that the orbits are "unchanging" and "line up with one another in an orderly fashion"? Have you any reasons to believe that the orbits around the sun are "unchanging" and "line up with one another in an orderly fashion"?? Wouldn't the lack of stability and orderliness lead you to believe that your previous awe of precision is perhaps misplaced?

You mean the orbits of just the Earth stacked up on top of each other, or the orbits of all the planets? I'm assuming you mean the Earth, and it seemed like, and again, the vocab was hard for me to follow, but it seemed like a few guys stated that the path the Earth has taken over the years has not been subject to significant change.... It seems to me that they never even came to an agreement upon the debate, why would you reference this against me if the source you are using has not even been correctly confirmed?

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 02:19:22 AM »
Orbits of the planets.. but it works with past orbit of the earth too, but not my point.

The site has educated scientists speaking of the changes of the orbits over time, that they don't all agree on what the changes are, none are saying that the historical orbit paths have been unchanging.

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 02:23:39 AM »
The site has educated scientists speaking of the changes of the orbits over time, that they don't all agree on what the changes are, none are saying that the historical orbit paths have been unchanging.

"The earth sun distance has not measurably increased or decreased over the past billion years"

Ummm?????????........

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 08:53:23 AM »
Weezy,

Thanks for the response. I don't want to get too into this here.  Debate is not allowed in the intro threads and my post could be interpreted as having gone right up to the line if not sticking a toe over it.

discussion continued here:
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,22935.0.html

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.