Author Topic: Flaws -- Are They A Bad Thing?  (Read 266 times)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Flaws -- Are They A Bad Thing?
« on: June 02, 2012, 10:25:49 PM »
We all have them. I think my biggest flaw is that I don't let things go. I have other flaws, like, arrogance, stubborn, and my tone always seems to come off as assholish. I've even been called a bully many times, though, I don't see myself as one.

And, I have no problem with any of these flaws, except maybe the first. It's who I am. And I don't see it as a bad thing. Was I a better person before I became these things? Maybe, maybe not.

The things about me I really didn't like, I got rid of over a long period of time. Used to be a violent person, physically. Not anymore. Used to be an alcoholic. Not anymore. Used to be a thief. Not anymore. Used to be a drug addict. Not anymore.

My point: flaws can be good and healthy things. And even though I find that me not letting things go is my only big flaw at the moment, I don't find it to be a bad thing. I usually find the truth with that flaw.

Others may not care for it but I don't care.

I use my flaws.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Flaws -- Are They A Bad Thing?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 03:19:01 AM »
Not at all. Flaws make us interesting and help us learn.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 03:59:41 AM »
Bad for what?
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Aerial

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 06:53:19 AM »
My flaws make me less awesome so everyone else can catch up.  :)

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:44:26 AM »
Sometimes they can be your undoing. One has to take them on a case by case basis.

We all have them. I think my biggest flaw is that I don't let things go. I have other flaws, like, arrogance, stubborn, and my tone always seems to come off as assholish. I've even been called a bully many times, though, I don't see myself as one.

And, I have no problem with any of these flaws, except maybe the first. It's who I am. And I don't see it as a bad thing. Was I a better person before I became these things? Maybe, maybe not.

The things about me I really didn't like, I got rid of over a long period of time. Used to be a violent person, physically. Not anymore. Used to be an alcoholic. Not anymore. Used to be a thief. Not anymore. Used to be a drug addict. Not anymore.

My point: flaws can be good and healthy things. And even though I find that me not letting things go is my only big flaw at the moment, I don't find it to be a bad thing. I usually find the truth with that flaw.

Others may not care for it but I don't care.

I use my flaws.

-Nam

It is wrong to cop out and say those flaws are "who you are". They are not. You may have tendencies
that make you more prone to some of them. You may also have had a bad upbringing that allowed you to live with some of them unchecked. It may indeed be true, thatvin some scenarios, your weaknesses are strengths.

I know what i am talking about here.bI myself have ADHD. Tendencies are my middle name. Some of those are skmilar tl yours and some are worse.

My ADHD is not going to "go away". My brain is indeed wired differently. I can treat that a bit; e.g., i can take meds which i do not currently or i can self medicate with caffeine which i do for focus. In brain storming sessions, i control my tendencies less than in case where i need to stick to the task at hand. I wont go into hyperfocus which can also be a disadvantage at times.

My wife accepts my tendencies somewhat but sometimes specific aspects annoy her; e.g., me talking too much and not letting her get a word in edgewise. Luckiliy she tends to tell me when i get out of hand.

In summary, you come equiped with a brain to evaluste the consequences of your actions. Just turning it off and saying "i am like that" is a cop out. You do have tendencies in those directions but that doesnt mean yiu should stop adapting yourself.

Note, it does mean, when you make certain choices, such as career, you should take your tendencies in mind. It may mean, you have to do things differently than other people.

In short, you have no excuse, not to look at the man in the mirror and evaluste your life choices like the rest of us.

By the wsy, what an awesome op.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +170/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 07:50:15 AM »
Nam - we keep a running list of your flaws in the back room.  You're not fooling us.   ;D

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 07:50:54 AM »
Not at all. Flaws make us interesting and help us learn.

I agree but one definitely has to consider them thoughtfully on a case by case, scenario by scenario basis.

We have brains that can allow us to adapt in a myriad of ways. We should never stop learning, improving and understanding ourselves in the context of the world we live in.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 09:47:56 AM »
Wait???  Atheists have flaws?  Since when? ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 10:05:01 AM »
I only have one flaw. I'm far too modest about how flawless I am.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 09:57:07 PM »
F
Nam - we keep a running list of your flaws in the back room.  You're not fooling us.   ;D

I got a message from amin stating it isn't permitted to challenge a mod. But the thing is: I wasn't challenging anyone. I was just stating a fact. It's the way I am: I don't let things go. I do try, at times, to hold back but I found that when I hold back, I get angry in my head over it. I don't like being angry so I find if I'm honest about everything, I won't be and it works but it makes me come off as if I am challenging someone when I really am not.

Sad.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.