Author Topic: Here is something great about Religion!!!  (Read 1666 times)

Offline darwin-is-christ99

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-2
  • Awesome Atheist
Here is something great about Religion!!!
« on: May 28, 2012, 12:47:35 PM »
                                                                                                            Nothing

Religion is shitty, boring, and worthless and you know it.
People who don`t like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn`t have such funny beliefs.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Here is something great about Religion!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »
...Not sure if trying to be funny...
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Dynamic

• Student
  • Darwins +4/-0
  • A Young Atheist
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 12:55:23 PM »
What One Above All said..
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

If you want to talk through skype, message me.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 01:05:33 PM »
You are wrong, Darwin-is-christ. Religion is the most wonderful thing we have. We are all children of God and it's a shame you don't see that. Your attitude towards religion is very sad. If only you knew what you were missing.

Everything Darwin said was a lie. Even he claimed on his death bed to disbelieve his own theory. He knew he was leading the world astray. He was persuaded by the devil to do so, that nasty, vile snake in the grass (both Darwin and the devil)

God is all there is, and without God our lives are "shitty, boring and worthless".

God Bless,

-Emily  :)
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 01:17:12 PM »
This really seems to be somewhat of a wasteful use of forum space and forum user's time. It was not really funny or meaningful in any way.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 02:54:35 PM »
KB; The OP has not contributed anything brilliant with his post, we agree.  I'll bet that he can do better next time. Dont let us down D-I-C99

Emily's reply does not float my boat either but I respect her position however misguided it may be.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 03:19:24 PM »
You know what?  Darwin-is-christ99 new to the forums.  He's a young guy who (according to another thread) is shipping off to the military in a month. 

Maybe this is something he always wanted to do.  You know, like dancing naked under the moon or writing a novel or bursting through the church doors during the wedding of someone you never like, and yelling "STOP!!!"  Maybe it is something he thinks about doing during long, painful holiday dinners with extended family talking about their love of god.  Maybe in anticipation of a really scary couple of years, he is going through his bucket list and this is item #74. 

Let's say welcome to the forum, and anticipate that future posts will contain more content!

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-2
  • Awesome Atheist
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »
Well, after rereading all of your replies to this post I would like too add something. I was not trying to be funny, in fact this post is as serious as I can make it. Comedy is never a variable when I comment, and if it is an attempt to make you laugh, well then I hope it did (but apparently it did not). To Emily, I am a "new" Atheist, and while I do not know how to reply specifically to a comment as of yet, I do want you to read these following words THERE IS NO GOD there never was and there will never be. So stop sacrificing goats to your stupid fucking god and grow up.  And regarding Darwins last words, I have heard that from time to time, but after reading what you said about darwin on his death bed; it is safe to say it was probably bullshit. Thank you.
People who don`t like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn`t have such funny beliefs.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +49/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
I'm sorry, D-i-C99. My comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously as I am an atheist as well. I was being sarcastic with a bitchy tone.

Welcome to the forum!  :)
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-2
  • Awesome Atheist
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
Well shit emily, you really had my balls in a juice mixer back there, and thank you, I am a fan of wwgha and I am proud to be apart of this forum.

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »
Hey, we are all cool then. 

Welcome to the forum D-I-C99.   

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-2
  • Awesome Atheist
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »
Thank You

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 08:49:02 PM »
Nothing  Religion is shitty, boring, and worthless and you know it.

I would imagine, it depends on the believer and on the religion.

I met a larger number of very inspiring christians when i was a believer. Most religions have a positive portion of theor message.

:police:
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +502/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
Add the words "I think" to the front of that, because this is your opinion.

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-2
  • Awesome Atheist
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »
Well no shit, Whose opinion would it be?

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
Damnit Poe! Ignore.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:16:30 AM by joebbowers »
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 09:16:25 AM »
How the hell does Emily not have a single negative darwin when she preaches bullshit without any supporting evidence? I'd have given her one but I have to wait an hour as I just gave Darwin-is-Christ99 a positive.

Read the whole thread.  Emily was joking. 

Offline Death over Life

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-4
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 11:30:55 AM »
I personally prefer Pat Condell's response to such claim:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:32:44 AM by Death over Life »

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 10:49:17 PM »
Thanks for the video Death over Life. That was pretty entertaining. I especially liked the part at the end where he talked about hope. I still haven't gotten over the grieving process of losing that "hope". As he said, I know it was a "hoax" and never really existed to start with but sometimes I miss that "loving feeling[1]". IDK if I will ever get past that part emotionally. Maybe one day my emotional self will catch up to my logical self but it's not happened for me yet.

As far as the OP. I remember being that excited about my newly found lack of belief. But I suppose I disagree with you darwin-is-christ99.... I do love one thing about religion... Tim Tebow. I'm pretty sure he would be a cocky arrogant SOB whore if it weren't for his faith. I mean the guy is like hotter than Jesus, has been successful for a really long time, has woman being thrown at him all the time, is prob the most loved and hated person in the NFL, it could be argued he's hated more than Michael Vick, is in the media spot light 24/7 and some how manages to maintain his composure, in a very naive kinda way. It's cute really. And some how he finds the time to give back to the community, nay society, through his charity. While I'm sure he gets some tax breaks, and you can find holes in his religious and political positions, but the dude is seriously the second coming of christ. In fact I'm pretty sure he can walk on water. So yah, I like religion because it gave Tim Tebow to the world of ESPN First Take, which has brought me many hours of enjoyment, laughter, and tears. /Homerism
 1. Being able to pretend that things are in gods plan. That I will get to keep my loved ones with me heaven. That I won't cease to exist. Etc.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline thunderridge

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 11:27:14 PM »
Emily,  I knew you were being a smart ass with that post.  It is awesome.  Thanks for the laugh.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:31:01 PM by thunderridge »

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +187/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »
I do love one thing about religion... Tim Tebow. I'm pretty sure he would be a cocky arrogant SOB whore if it weren't for his faith.

So you are saying that he's a better person because he believes in God?  I tend to vehemently disagree with that.  If he didn't believe in God, he wouldn't discriminate against gays and lesbians.  If he didn't believe in God, he would probably support a woman's right to have an abortion.  If he didn't believe in God, he wouldn't bow down to thank an invisible, non-existent sky man for good fortune while that same God allows thousands of children to die every day.  If he didn't believe in God, he wouldn't be going around the world helping to indoctrinate and brainwash millions of people into believing in such a horrible, ridiculous thing as the Christian God. 

No.  He'd be better without God.  Sure, he gives to charity and works with the poor, which I can respect, but so do tons of non-Christians and hundreds of other athletes. You certainly don't need to believe in God for that. 

Also, not only can't he walk on water; he can't throw worth shit.  As a Patriot's fan, however, I'm thrilled to see him with the Jets.  I hope they start him when we play. 

Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 11:50:05 PM »
I do love one thing about religion... Tim Tebow. I'm pretty sure he would be a cocky arrogant SOB whore if it weren't for his faith.

So you are saying that he's a better person because he believes in God? 
No not really. I actually have no idea what any of his religious or political positions are and don't really care to research it either. I kinda just said it for it's satirical value, as well I have a major man crush on him. Which is why I put "/homerism". I tried to be overly sarcastic to express my lack of seriousness, but as usual a fail to be funny to anyone other than myself. Oh well.

For the record, I really do hate that saying, "So what you're saying is..." Nothing personal, it just doesn't sit well with me. For some reason it sounds so insulting... ???

Any who just wondering do you know that he "discriminates against gays and lesbians"? I am pretty sure he doesn't agree in abortions due to a commercial for his mom's charity I saw during a football game. But as I said I've not researched his religious or political beliefs because I really don't care. I like Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald, and Cam Newton but I'm not going to research their political and religious views either.

Seriously though, I was just failing at humor. The truth is I like Tebow because he's so fucking happy it rubs off on me. I find smiles to be contagious[1].
 1. Which is why I mentioned that I like Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald, and Cam Newton. Those guys have nice smiles!

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • Apatheist
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 11:54:32 PM »
Also, not only can't he walk on water; he can't throw worth shit.  As a Patriot's fan, however, I'm thrilled to see him with the Jets.  I hope they start him when we play.

Now I know why you misunderstood me. I erased my Tom Brady reference before posting. It was going to read "I'm pretty sure he would be a cocky arrogant SOB whore if it weren't for his faith not unlike Tom Brady." But then I realized I really don't know if Tom Brady was/is a whore and that wouldn't be a nice thing to say.

Ps. In case you aren't sure if I'm being intentional obtuse or not.... For you JeffPT
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:59:28 PM by Kimberly »

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
Hmmm, I fear that I will be just about alone in any post I make on this website, but it should be interesting and fun.  My name is Wesley, I am currently 20 years old living in California, and I have been raised as a Christian, and accept it.  I sympathize with all of yours views about religion and the negative effects that they have on our world, but I will have to stand strong in my faith and face any and all posts directed towards me.  Let the rain come down friends. =)
I want to leave this world knowing that I did everything I can to make it a better place...

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 08:27:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

... and I have been raised as a Christian, and accept it.

Telling though.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
but I will have to stand strong in my faith and face any and all posts directed towards me.  Let the rain come down friends. =)
Yes - stand strong in your faith and pray to your god while i go off and save your arses!@  Nevermind.  I'm dying anyway. You stay here on this earth -  I'll go get help (it may be satan though - I can only work so many miracles)  BoO!

Kimberly:  your flattery is intoxicating.  I almost cried to hear that you love Tebow more than christ chips.  Why does autospellchecker red the word christ when it's not capitalized? 

And to the video man - loved it.  Very good humor, absolutely nothing to dislike about it, all in good taste.

Satan bless...
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline JeffPT

• Reader
  • Darwins +187/-0
  • I'm a lead farmer mutha fucka
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 09:22:42 PM »
Hmmm, I fear that I will be just about alone in any post I make on this website, but it should be interesting and fun.  My name is Wesley, I am currently 20 years old living in California, and I have been raised as a Christian, and accept it. 

Welcome WeZ. 

If you lived in a different country, and were raised practicing a different religion, you'd accept that one instead of Christianity. 

I sympathize with all of yours views about religion and the negative effects that they have on our world, but I will have to stand strong in my faith and face any and all posts directed towards me.  Let the rain come down friends. =)

You haven't really said anything worth raining things down on you yet, but I wouldn't want you to feel disappointed if we didn't, so I'll start :)

Do you realize that if you had evidence, you wouldn't have to stand strong in your faith?  You could just point to the evidence and that would be that. 

I've always felt that someone who goes into an argument saying that they have to stand firm in their position regardless of what is said against them is not there to learn the other side of the argument, but only to pick a fight.  Did it ever cross your mind that we might have some really good reasons not to believe in God, and very few of them involve 'the negative effects of religion on the world'?  What I mean is... Whether or not God exists has nothing to do with the actions of believers.  It just so happens that there are lots of negative effects that come along with belief. 

Either way... welcome to the site. 
Whenever events that are purported to occur in our best interest are as numerous as the events that will just as soon kill us, then intent is hard, if not impossible to assert. NDT

Offline WeZzZzRURR

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +9/-3
  • I like music =D
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 09:25:30 PM »
lol warm welcoming.... I would just like to note before I begin talking about anything, I will not be speaking on behalf of Christianity as I would be hypocritical in doing so and misrepresenting the faith.  I will be speaking from a third party view, as how I see the religion, and how I feel the follows of such should be, as unfortunately I am a mere mortal, and would not want to have something quoted against me due to the fact that I consider my self a Christian, but also believe that my relationship with God is terrible......  That being said, anyone (preferably  the "higher-ups" on this website) who would like to have a friendly conversation with me and lend me some insight on why you believe what you believe, I am more than happy to do so.

To add to this, I am not here to thrust religion upon any of you, just simply here to give you the view of things through the eyes of someone else with completely different views on life.

Thank you for allowing me access to this forum, I really enjoy the subject at hand.
I want to leave this world knowing that I did everything I can to make it a better place...

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 09:33:39 PM »
That being said, anyone (preferably  the "higher-ups" on this website) who would like to have a friendly conversation with me and lend me some insight on why you believe what you believe, I am more than happy to do so.

I would suggest an introduction thread, and then even an additional thread if you want to discuss a particular item of interest.

Have fun and be challenged.