Author Topic: {no subject} [#2649]  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Avatar Of Belial

• Graduate
  • Darwins +30/-1
  • I'm not an Evil person; I just act like one!
Re: {no subject} [#2649]
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »
Therefore -- your claim that my missing it is the point --- is NOT the point.  Now being nice doesn't require the original person to be perfect.  It is a choice of yours whether to make another person happy or not.

I've been nice by offering a solution; ignore it. You inflict this on yourself by constantly coming back.

It's you're choice. You've been told already nothing is getting deleted, so now the only choice you have left is to go away, join us in conversation, or keep coming back here and making yourself look like a hard-headed whiny little brat.

I have no sympathy for hard-headed whiny little brats.

your a bunch of losers who can't control your lives, so you go online and do that to others.

Ha, you've been making these kinds of insults from the very beginning, and you want us to be nice?

Oh what joyous entertainment your little mind can produce.
"You play make-believe every day of your life, and yet you have no concept of 'imagination'."
I do not have "faith" in science. I have expectations of science. "Faith" in something is an unfounded assertion, whereas reasonable expectations require a precedent.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »
Hal - you won't act compassionately about a request -- and you suggest I get to know you more????

Sometimes tough love is needed. I know you are pissed but you learned something didn't you?

IF you asked with kindness & honored my request - THEN I'd want to make friends here.  All you've shown is that you are someone I can't respect in life.

But you don't really know me (or us) yet. I just think you should get to know us first. It's only day #1 ... C'mon - don't be a stick in the mud.

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »
Again - show me you are a nice person.

We're a mixed bag here at WWGHA.  Some of us are "nice".  Others aren't.  Encountering both types of people is a result of a condition called "being alive".  Or, I guess if you want to be more precise, "being alive and not being a hermit".

Make me feel good by honoring that very first request.

I was about to say something about "tough love", here, but I see HAL has just addressed that.

I do think you should consider this a learning experience, at the very least.  And in many ways, you're fortunate.  You submitted that email to a place that published it, but that did so in such a way that your anonymity was maintained and still is.  As the mailman, for example, I know your name and your email address, as do any of the other staff who have access to that mailbox (this would be the admins, at least, and possibly the global mods as well, not sure).  However, I have not disclosed that information, and I won't.  Apart from the fact that it wouldn't be "nice", I have my reputation, as well as the forum's reputation, to think of.

I'm being serious here.  I had the same lesson taught to me back in '99 or so, I think it was, and in a much harsher way, when I made the very unwise decision to engage in an email exchange with a holocaust denier.  He spanked my ass pretty badly and made me look quite foolish in the process, then he published the entire email exchange on his web site -- including my full real name.  It's there to this very day.  Compared to me, you're getting off light, believe me.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2012, 08:16:42 PM »
Hello and welcome to the board.  :)

Regardless of how you came here, you now have a choice. To be welcomed here for discussion, or to leave us as you found us. 31 posts. Crumbs, it is very difficult to take your claim not to care when you've posted so often. This thread would mean nothing if you stopped posting to it. Nothing at all. By continueing to carp on your perception that you've been victimized, you create a hot topic where none needs to exist.

So, again, you have a choice. Would you like to discuss religion or any aspect of belief or nonbelief, including the original site? Then you are welcome. If you would not, then I wonder why you're wasting your time.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline crumbs

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
The post means something to me.  The topic is -- that I posted because I wanted my original post removed.

Changing that into "discussion of beliefs" when I've made CLEAR what I want & why I came here -- is side tracking.

So kindly remove this thread.  And stop trying to pretend it's not here, by saying bury it.   They aren't the same thing.  So my request is for it to be removed.  And for you to stop trying to side step from that with telling me to just sit still while you find ways to insist on keeping it -- and claiming I'm the one who's fussing too much. 

If you all weren't fussing so much, you'd be the ones deleting it out of compassion.

Putting the onus on me -- is just a method to avoid answering to the central element here.  You posted something.  The persno didn't want it posted - made an error.  And you won't do a simple action to make that person happy again.

That's the central point here.

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »
So kindly remove this thread.  And stop trying to pretend it's not here, by saying bury it.   They aren't the same thing.  So my request is for it to be removed.

All of what I'm about to say here has already been covered, but not in an organized fashion, so let me address it in full.

There are basically three levels of administration here at the WWGHA forums:

1)  Local moderators (folks who moderate some forums but not all of them)
2)  Global moderators (folks who moderate all forums and who will override a local moderator when they feel it is proper to do so)
3)  Administrators (above global moderators; highest level of responsibility, will override local and global mods at their discretion)

I am a local moderator, the moderator for the Mailbag (as well as several other forums here).  As such, your request first comes to my attention.  Here is my response:

I handled your email in the same way that I handled any email that comes in.  I reviewed it to determine whether it was suitable for posting.  After deciding that it was, I created a thread for it in the Mailbag, removing all identifying information from the post.  I then sent you, the letter writer, the standard form letter that goes to all letter writers whose letters are published, giving you links both to the thread and to the registration page, along with an explanation of what I had done.  This is the same procedure that I have followed with dozens if not hundreds of other letters, and it is, in fact, by instruction of the administrators that I follow this procedure.

Posts on the WWGHA fora are very rarely deleted, and only under exceptional circumstances.  The circumstances with this thread are not exceptional -- they are, indeed, very ordinary.  That being the case, I see no validity in your complaint and will not delete the thread.

At this point, if you are unsatisfied with my decision, you may choose to speak to a global moderator, and if the global refuses to override my decision, you can speak to an admin.  In this case, though, at least one global and one admin have already spoken up and have said they won't be deleting the thread.  I won't presume to speak definitively for anyone else, but if I were a wagering man, I'd bet that any other mod or admin you speak to about this will express similar sentiments.  (And if I turn out to be wrong -- if I do get overridden, and this thread gets deleted... well, more power to you.  But don't hold your breath.)

I suggest you resign yourself to this thread staying put.  And I would add, again, that you're getting off light.  Other people, including me, have had far more embarrassing communications made public, and not anonymously, either.  Consider yourself fortunate, chalk this up to experience, and in the future, before you compose an email and click the "Send" button, you might want to think twice.  Next time, you might not dodge the bullet, as it were.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline crumbs

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »
Someone posted to me privately a nice sentiment, so I came to see it.  I won't post their message.  But I will post my reply.  So you can get an understanding of what I think of all of this.

------->

Thank you.  I'm not going to win with them -- they can't treat another person with compassion and kindness.  Apparently it's a bunch of people afraid to "loss control" over their targets of their attacks.

So I was right to be mad to begin with.   There was a dishonesty of intent.  It felt like a setup -- and turned out it was.  Losers.

It's really, really sad to see.  None of them can reach inside & get their compassion to be touched.  That is sad to see.

I'm glad you are of a different nature :).

---------->

I hope just a little you feel something from this (besides your usual lack of compassion) and treat others just little different in the future.  I don't hold out hope though, but I'm forever an optimist. 

Maybe you will grow past rattling off lame bad parenting rants at children -- to other adults like me.  You have been all day - and I haven't responded to most because it's hard to believe, you believe yourselves.... It have given me some lol's though.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2012, 09:01:58 PM »
Crumbs,

You've asked that your original communication be removed, and that request has been denied.

The end.

What is your first language?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline crumbs

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »
Piano - thank you for posting the typical call to "authority is going to beat you up" that goes with the abusive style that's become obvious on here all day. 

You've just shown how uncomfortable I've made you by talking about compassion - that you needed to post that effort.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:07:01 PM by crumbs »

Offline crumbs

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »
Ambassodor - and i asked again & then made the point that it is lacking in compassion not to remove it.  End of point.  What's your language that you couldn't
1. understand that and
2. absorb it. 
You didn't want to hear it -- it ruffles your feathers to have someone tell you -- your lack of compassion is a problem.  And shutting them up is not acceptable.  I get it.  I just don't respect it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:07:49 PM by crumbs »

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +122/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2012, 09:07:12 PM »
My point was NOT to debate whether such smoke screen methods exist.  They are glaring -- and the authors know it.  I was writing to them, and therefore don't need to include the obvious.

You have an obvious problem.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2012, 09:10:15 PM »
Crumbs,

Your request has been denied. Your message has been received.

Do you need something else from this community?
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2012, 09:10:39 PM »
Piano - thank you for posting the typical call to "authority is going to beat you up" that goes with the abusive style that's become obvious on here all day.

Nobody is going to "beat you up", for pete's sake.  Having a request denied is not even remotely the same thing as being abused.

You've just shown how uncomfortable I've made you by talking about compassion - that you needed to post that effort.

As a matter of fact, I've been trying very hard to be helpful to you here.  I just wish you could understand that.

Offline crumbs

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »
"You have an obvious problem."

List the attacks at me going on all day - then repeat that. The list is long - and not yet acknowledged by you.

I asked made a request -- that meeting would harm nothing -- but make a person happy -- and you think II have the problem.  The sad part is, you do.  And that is very sad.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +122/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2012, 09:13:03 PM »
Because i wasn't writing to you!!!   As I've already stated.  if you really want to know -- I'll set my email on & you can write to me.  But exercise?  I don't have a need to convince anyone of anything here.  Merely found the original authors disintegrity to be annoying & wanted to let them know it wasn't "invisible."

This is confusing. You were already an atheist and read a book written by another atheist, yet wish to complain about what you read? If the problems are so obvious and you weren't expecting a response to your email to the author, why did you even send one?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +122/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
Good bye.

You keep saying that.   

Repeatedly.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +122/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2012, 09:17:48 PM »
Emily - word doesn't come with the OS automatically.  It's called MS Word, not Windows Word.  IE is Windows IE.  And you're wasting my time & yours.

Enter the geek world, honey. Do you really want to go there with me ?

You can start Word for Windows by going to Start -> Run and type "WinWord"    ...   just sayin' ...

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2012, 09:20:05 PM »
crumbs,

Since we're not going to delete this thread, what if I locked it? You would still be a member. Let's see if you still would contribute to the community at that point.

I want to see if you are here to complain, or are here for some other reason. Are you game?

Offline Avatar Of Belial

• Graduate
  • Darwins +30/-1
  • I'm not an Evil person; I just act like one!
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »
The persno didn't want it posted - made an error.

The onus is on the person who made the error to fix it within whatever limited capacity is available to them.

You made the error, so if you can't fix it yourself, you will have to live with the result. Like pianodwarf said, learn from your mistake - and read the (not-so-)fine print next time instead of making the mistake, telling other people to fix it for you, and insulting them at the same time.
"You play make-believe every day of your life, and yet you have no concept of 'imagination'."
I do not have "faith" in science. I have expectations of science. "Faith" in something is an unfounded assertion, whereas reasonable expectations require a precedent.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +122/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2012, 09:23:38 PM »
I believe crumbs has a mental/nervous condition. Perhaps it is an obsessive/compulsive disorder?  I don't know what else compels someone to write an email that was never intended to be read or acted upon, yet repeatedly visit and post to insist that this is, indeed, the case.

I can see, crumbs, that your world has to be just so and any variation causes internal friction.

Offline crumbs

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »
"you weren't expecting a response to your email to the author, why did you even send one?"

I thought it was going to the author.  I said that already.  It's a website - not a book - that I was writing to.

@Hal - you've been trying all version of shutting me up.  And ignoring my point - that the lack of compassion by people who DO have control, is up to you.  So your additional ideas are just more variations on that theme of shutting up anyone on this point & CONTROLLING what they are allowed to be focused on.

Piano -
If you can't see the stream of insults that went on all day -- then look harder.  I suggested you clarify that original email address page.  Also that you simply accomodate a mistake by a person who came by.  That is very little to ask for -- so simple to do -- so the act of not doing it speaks volumes about your & this forums attachments needs for controlling others.  I didn't call that the beating up -- so go back & look at the words used all day.  I haven't stored them, and I'm not leafing through just to let you know.  However, do be assured that it also is THAT obvious to someone who doesn't live with this stuff in their life everyday.

Since I haven't seen anyone - who claimed they wanted a flaw -- going back to the one I posted & then answered more on as needed -- i can safely say -- that wasn't what was wanted.   Proving my original annoyance -- it felt like a setup -- and it turned out it was.

Goodbye.  (I got what I needed -- now you go do what you need to -- try to forget that someone out there experienced the lack of compassion here & was bothered by it.  And never stopped, no matter how many ways you tried to think you could distract from that.)

Happily - this will still be here for the next person who's wondering -- to read for themselves that someone before them saw this too.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +122/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2012, 09:43:49 PM »
Goodbye ...  And never stopped ...

I hope you enjoyed your trip on the carousel.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2012, 09:46:16 PM »
I have zero "belief" in Jesus.  Personally I think no such person ever existed, & it's all part of the archetypal mythology that's existed from long before then regionally.

However, I find your website to be completely lame.  The arguments are filled with fallacious argument techniques and have glaring holes from projection into all sorts of statements.  If anyone is convinced by this, they could use a logic class.

Sincerely,
[name removed]

I've seen so many similar posts like this over the years on this website, it always comes down to me thinking: you jest.  Either you're saying that 'cause in all reality you're actually religious and pretending you're not for effect, or you are a "non-believer of the Jesus" and saying it without backing up your statement as to how the vain of the website is filled with trite.

Sadly, it's usually the former, I find.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2012, 09:48:29 PM »
Piano -
If you can't see the stream of insults that went on all day -- then look harder.

Oh, I see them, all right -- never said I didn't.  There are forums where courtesy and politeness are strictly enforced.  This is not one of those forums.  It's not an "anything goes" forum, either, but if you behave like an ass, you can expect to be called one.  That's not against the rules here.

I suggested you clarify that original email address page.  Also that you simply accomodate a mistake by a person who came by.  That is very little to ask for -- so simple to do -- so the act of not doing it speaks volumes about your & this forums attachments needs for controlling others.

And rather than accede to your request, I tried to make it a learning experience for you.  In the long run, you would benefit far more from that than you would from me deleting the thread.  This is somewhat analogous to the old saying about giving a man a fish vis a vis teaching him to fish.  You were asking me to give you a fish.  I responded by trying to teach you to fish.  That you don't perceive the value of knowing how to fish is your shortcoming, not mine.

Happily - this will still be here for the next person who's wondering -- to read for themselves that someone before them saw this too.

Wait -- you've spent the entire day asking for this thread to be deleted and complaining about the mods and admins saying no, and now you're saying you're pleased that it's remaining?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...?

Now, if you'll pardon me, it's getting late.  This was not how I intended to spend my Saturday night.  I will return to this matter in the morning, assuming it still requires my attention.

Offline HAL

• Professor
  • Darwins +98/-17
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »
@Hal - you've been trying all version of shutting me up.  And ignoring my point - that the lack of compassion by people who DO have control, is up to you.  So your additional ideas are just more variations on that theme of shutting up anyone on this point & CONTROLLING what they are allowed to be focused on.

Huh?

Where have I (we) shut you up?

Where have I (we) ignored your point?

I (we) have addressed your points, but I (we) didn't guarantee you would be satisfied.

You can focus on any topic you wan to - well, except animal/human porn and similar topics.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2012, 09:57:01 PM »

Wait -- you've spent the entire day asking for this thread to be deleted and complaining about the mods and admins saying no, and now you're saying you're pleased that it's remaining?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...?

I think we'll get through this okay guys, just as long as crumbs doesn't use reverse psychology...

Oh noes!!!
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +122/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2012, 09:58:50 PM »
We are wasting its time because it needs to write pointless letters to websites in which it complains that there are obvious holes in whatever the website says, but for which it never requires, nor even wants, a reply ...  it's all quite obvious, you see ...

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +623/-23
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
crumbs,

I like ice cream.  Do you like ice cream?
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2012, 11:49:51 PM »
Good bye.

You keep saying that.   

Repeatedly.

If he had any compassion he'd go through with his promise to leave.
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.