Author Topic: should peadohpiles be allowed to live ?  (Read 34696 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Re: should peadohpiles be allowed to live ?
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 10:52:05 PM »
do you not comprehend that i simply do not age ??? listen for a single moment. ok. i do not age anymore. doesnt happen. cant. theres no going back..everything around me will wither and die except those like me. time has lost its meaning. i dont age.

mmmmkay.

CHRONOS> perhaps i should again make reference for you. whom which i am grateful for. i am schizophrenic and you would know this if you would have read my intro

hey im meconopsilo. just a schizophrenic country girl who likes norweigan black metal ...

You inclusion of the word schizophrenic in this sentence makes it appear that you are using the term very casually, like many people do when they wish to connote they are very active, indecisive and/or eclectic. If you have been diagnosed with schizophrenia, then your mental status would have been more clear to us (at least me) if you had specifically stated such.

If the posts you are making right now are the best that you can do, you should reconsider your participation in this forum because your current posting style is not really contributing anything to this forum. So far all we have seen from you is a distinct demonstration of your mental condition. Perhaps a forum that discusses schizophrenia would be more appropriate for you at this time.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »
ive never used caps bc i simply dont want to waste time capping words so i can post faster inbetween reading books and other forums . thirdly this is my first time using a thread thing so yeah

I strongly recommended that you type responses in a manner consistent with the education provided in an eight-grade English class. So, yes, please use appropriate capitalizations and punctuation (which also means appropriate use of the spacebar).

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline meconopsilo

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 11:00:17 PM »
you imply that i make attempts to fake that i have a mental disorder that i do have ?
or do i just post on different things. no i didnt really mean it bc i like you.
btw "you inclusion" i believe you meant "your inclusion" just saying. and wtf is with banana pudding. damn. im a were wolf..thats why i dont age anymore. i am schizophrenic and i have medicine for this that akes me feel weird so i dont take it.
i also play piano when it doesnt piss me off bc i cant open it.
balls

Offline meconopsilo

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2012, 11:01:59 PM »
Ok this is my attempt at proper writing stuff ,and,what not . ok im seriously not good at punctuation its hard : (
balls

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +584/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
No, I don't believe that a child sexual abuser should automatically be put to death.  That is not to dismiss the very real trauma that such children suffer from such treatment, but it's way too easy to demand the death penalty for something when it may not be best.  However, making it impossible for them to repeat the crime without killing them would be appropriate in my opinion.

Offline meconopsilo

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2012, 11:06:22 PM »
i like your opinion and it really makes me think about things. maybe we shouldnt kill them all.
thank you for posting on this thread thingy jaimehlers !! you get 10 points
balls

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 11:35:54 PM »
you imply that i make attempts to fake that i have a mental disorder that i do have ?

I didn't imply that you are lying. I directly stated that your casual use of the word schizophrenic did not make it obvious that you were telling us that you were diagnosed with the disorder.

or do i just post on different things. no i didnt really mean it bc i like you.

I'm not sure what that last part refers to ...

btw "you inclusion" i believe you meant "your inclusion" just saying.

You are correct. Even with the best of efforts, typos do occur. I am not immune.

and wtf is with banana pudding. damn. im a were wolf..thats why i dont age anymore. i am schizophrenic and i have medicine for this that akes me feel weird so i dont take it.

Trust me when I say that you are more weird when you don't take the meds. I have worked with many people who have mental/nervous disorders, and when they don't take their meds the problems get worse. They always respond that the meds make them feel weird, but they become much more functional while taking the meds.

i also play piano when it doesnt piss me off bc i cant open it.

Should I conclude that you have a grand piano? Otherwise, I do not know what you are talking about.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +791/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »
meconopsilo, you need to take a deep breathe and slow down. There is no way anyone here can keep up with the plethora of posts you are cranking out. Nor are there many who would want to bother because most of them either contain little useful information or are nothing but examples of how a frazzled mind communicates.

If you had joined the same day I did 2 1/2 years ago, and posted at your current rate, you would have 57,000 posts by now, while I, a fairly prolific poster by our forums standards, have something like 3,300. Not even all of mine get read.

The purpose of participating in a forum is to both give and receive. Give your point of view, contribute to the various discussions, etc. And receive, by reading and thinking about what others have written. A thought process is normally involved in both cases.

Right now you have us perplexed. You have very unusual points of view (such as on your aging situation) that you just assume we will accept at face value without further explanation. Your intro made it sound like we should be disappointed that you won't provide heroin recipes, etc., while I daresay we don't have a single member actually interested in such things.

We certainly have people your age and younger, plus many much older, such as myself. We vary in a lot of ways, but virtually all of our regular members can a)communicate clearly and b) control their urge to just say everything that pops into their head. Most of us try to be a bit discriminating, knowing that if we are going to put something online, it should have some redeeming social value, or at least be funny. We do banter about meaningless crap in our "Chatter" section from time to time, but most of us are here for the purpose of having serious discussions about issues that concern us. Related to religion and atheism.

This issue, however you spell it, relates slightly if you are a choirboy in the catholic church and a victim. Otherwise the subject has little relevance to the issues we want to discuss. And if all of us could decide in any haphazard way we wanted to kill every person who ever pissed us off, for whatever reason, the world population would get down to one real quick. And that last person may or may not be you.

Not everyone here is extraordinarily serious about everything, but none of the others are frivolous about everything. From the way you write and based on some of the things you've said, it is easy for us to dismiss you as either a current or recovering junky, or someone with a genuine mental illness. If we are wrong, it is not because we are bad guessers, but rather that you are not very good at behaving normally. At least by our standards.

We have all sorts of people here. We have a satanist or two. A few pagans. And music wise, we certainly have a few people into heavy metal. We also have folks who have no religious or other beliefs worth labeling, who love folk or classical or, and I hesitate to say this, even western. But whatever our personal tastes, we seldom let them take center stage as we discuss the issues of the day. The forum is about the huge problems we see with religion and our counter-argument of atheism. It is not about us as individuals. Though we as individuals certainly have our quirks, they seldom reveal themselves as we comment and argue and agree or disagree.

But until now, we haven't had a you. Especially with your posting style.

It is fine to use personal examples when such things are relevant to the discussion. It is useless to dwell on the self when that is all you want to talk about. None of us are required to read your posts. And if that is all you can discuss, most of us won't.

You are on the internet. If you want a banana pudding recipe, Google will give you almost 12 million hits to comb through. If you are an atheist and want to state your views in a public way, WWGHA is a good place to do it. But remember, the forum is about the discussion, not those doing the talking. And for that reason, your contributions to date have added very little. Your quantity/quality ratio is very low.

Chemicals aren't the only thing with unstable half-lives. If you don't calm yourself and make an effort to contribute to something besides discussions about yourself, this isn't going to work out well for you.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline meconopsilo

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2012, 11:42:09 PM »
so..its actually better to take my medicine ? i dont enjoy being all floaty zombified but ok.
no rabbit no grand piano its a 1900s french made piano that mom keeps locked. much similar to a steangberer but less intricate and french. has blood stains on it but idk why.
balls

Offline meconopsilo

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
thank you parkingplaces for your contribution to the thread you get 10 points.
balls

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 12:11:36 AM »
so..its actually better to take my medicine ? i dont enjoy being all floaty zombified but ok.

Yes, please. Do you have an active prescription handy? You never want to run out of the stuff.

no rabbit no grand piano its a 1900s french made piano that mom keeps locked.

Does your mom keep it locked because she knows you might have the urge to play the piano at 1am?

much similar to a steangberer but less intricate and french. has blood stains on it but idk why.

Just ask your mother -- there may be an interesting story to hear.

Or, might you have played the piano aggresively for hours until your fingers bled?

Offline Avatar Of Belial

• Graduate
  • Darwins +30/-1
  • I'm not an Evil person; I just act like one!
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 12:54:26 AM »
do you not comprehend that i simply do not age ???

And next you'll ask us to believe you're a vampire, personally spawned by Edward himself.   :o

---

On topic: I personally consider death to be an invalid response to any crime. The only justifiable time it can be used is in self-defense[1] during the act. To kill someone in response to a crime neither provides a fix for what was done, nor does it properly address the act itself[2].

Besides, if you're looking to punish[3] the pedophile, causing his/her cessation of all thoughts and feelings (ie killing them) means that they no longer have to deal with it. Why would you give them the easy way out?
 1. The exact specifics of which should be discussed their own thread.
 2. This isn't even getting into how ineffective it is as a deterrent, but that's yet another thread.
 3. I would prefer rehabilitation, but again - that's another thread... in fact, this particular question seems too limiting to really build a discussion on, but we'll see where it goes.
"You play make-believe every day of your life, and yet you have no concept of 'imagination'."
I do not have "faith" in science. I have expectations of science. "Faith" in something is an unfounded assertion, whereas reasonable expectations require a precedent.

Offline justthegirl

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 12:57:40 AM »
Hi everyone i am new to the forum thing. i cant make an intro, but its ok. However i will place my input on this thread and whats with this meconopsilo ? Oh well. I personally believe that pedophiles shouldn't be killed off because of there wrong doings. This is like saying forks made you fat. I can not pass judgement on people.

Offline Tinyal

• Graduate
  • Darwins +26/-1
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 01:13:18 AM »
Why can't you make an intro?
Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water?

Offline justthegirl

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 01:19:51 AM »
Because I am new and have to make three significant post before making a thread of my own or an intro.

Offline 1

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 02:00:21 AM »
I am not a new member here (left the forum)so don't bother seeking an introduction. But  I am concerned with these issues(pedophilia & schizophrenia & victims)so I made a new ID just to reveal a bit of my background(without revealing myself). I also feel it might help the thread starter cope with her/his issues.

First, I think I can relate to a person who has been a victim of childhood sexual abuse. Being a victim myself(sexually, physically,mentally abused at 4yrs age)I think childhood abuse could be a horrible thing to happen to anybody.

Second, I understand how a sexually abused victim could eventually become a victim of bullying and being scared of all people can become a schizophrenic.

So dear thread starter, you are not alone here. You have my empathy. :)

Anyway, going back to the question, I think it's a highly subjective matter.
Because who knows  whether the person who sexually abused you as a child was also a victim of sexual abuse as a child? Then?

Childhood for me was Hell. But thankfully I have grown out of it. I am an adult now, and instead of remaining a schizophrenic, I decided to face my fears(people) and cure myself(without taking medication.) I don't know whether the best option for a schizophrenic is to take medications or to cure the disease naturally by facing the fear. For me facing the fear worked. But I won't advise anyone to stop taking medications because what worked for me might not work for someone else.

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 02:07:34 AM »
hey thanks for pointing out my mispelling lotanddaugthers.

firstly i do not use any sort of mind alterring stuff and secondly thats just how i write. ive never used caps bc i simply dont want to waste time capping words so i can post faster inbetween reading books and other forums . thirdly this is my first time using a thread thing so yeah

It really is not that much effort, and it does make reading these sort of posts much easier...

Plus we've already covered that you do not need to post at near-light speed. You should slow down and consider your responses more carefully.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline justthegirl

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2012, 02:09:38 AM »
I have and i am. Also working on my grammar and people skills

Offline 1

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 02:27:01 AM »
Here's how I coped up with my sexual abuse. Hopefully it might help you too.

One thing to do could be to forgive that anything bad happened to you. Going back to the same horrible things of my childhood only made me weaker.  So forgetting about my horrible childhood helped. You can't change your past, can you? So just forget it. But you can change your future. :)
 In my case my teacher who abused me has died(of natural causes), so I can't even plot my revenge on him. I can only forgive/forget him.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:30:32 AM by 1 »

Offline justthegirl

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2012, 02:30:45 AM »
thank you 1. i will try this because its new to me and nothing else works.

Offline 1

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2012, 02:33:19 AM »
thank you 1. i will try this because its new to me and nothing else works.

Welcome :)

Offline justthegirl

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2012, 02:37:59 AM »
im for real yall i want to cry. Im not going too bc im strong .

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • I doubt, therefore I might be.
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2012, 03:29:14 AM »
The simple answer to the original question of this topic on my part would be no. Killing people for a) doing something wrong or b) having a specific disorder that makes them act compulsively in a way that's harmful to others is something I find quite unacceptable.

Humans are social creatures and most of us instinctively act in a way that's productive for our society. Some people don't, more often than not because they can't due to one form of disorder or other. Such members must be dealt with (for lack of a better word) appropriately for the society to function. By that I mean that they should be removed from the general population, but intentional murder is not and can not be an answer. They are people, just like everyone else, and they need the same opportunities as anyone else. If rehabilitation proves ineffective or impossible, incarceration is the appropriate answer (preferably in a mental institution, preferably indefinitely).

Killing child molesters is also counter-productive. By studying people with various potentially harmful disorders we can develop an early warning system and prevent abuse and protect the general public by starting rehabilitation early enough so the disorder doesn't manifest in a harmful way. By studying such cases (and trust me, corpses are quite unresponsive and therefore useless for research) we can eventually even develop treatment for it.

But try to look at it from another perspective - yours. You said you have a very specific mental disorder that can, in some cases, cause people to lash out and harm others. Should they be put to death as well if they for instance kill someone as a direct result of their disorder? Should delusions of people with schizophrenia be regarded differently than delusions of people with disorders you dislike?

Of course I'm not saying that the victims should just forget about abuse and leave their abusers alone. In such cases therapy is the way out. Someone else's death isn't. It never is.
Excreta Occurs

Offline 1

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »
I am an adult now, and instead of remaining a schizophrenic, I decided to face my fears(people) and cure myself(without taking medication.)

I think I made a big mistake in making that statement. I was diagnosed with only early stages of schizophrenia as also wasn't into drugs or alcohol and there was one bigger fear(fear of hypnosis )that forced me to try and cure myself.
But for someone who is highly schizophrenic and a drug addict,  a better option  should be to consult some proper doctor(who is well known for treating such cases) and take proper meds.
Note that some doctors may be incompetent and may prescribe wrong medications(which might prove to be  more harmful than good). So please consult a proper and reputed doctor and take proper meds.

Offline 1

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 12:41:08 AM »
I would like to add one thing though. Schizophrenic does not mean violence. I have met people with moderate to high levels of schizophrenia and in all cases they were not violent but instead were victims of bullying and violence.

But I think drug and alcohol abuse might make some schizophrenics violent. But drug and alcohols can and does make normal people violent. So in my opinion the blame for violence should be on drugs and alcohol and not schizophrenia itself.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 07:04:48 PM »
It is best to take your medication. If it causes problems for you, talk to your doctor about using a different dosage or even a different medication.

I have had medications & dosages that were wrong for me but I discussed those with my doctor and got things corrected. It's no fun being on a medication that makes it difficult to eat meals & watch TV - those being the only things I could manage to do in a day when on the wrong meds.

As for pedophiles - many were abused themselves so I can't see it as a simple situation. Your abuse makes you a potential abuser especially with your schizophrenia unchecked. Your medication will help you deal with the world better and help prevent you from becoming what you hate.

You seem to take being a werewolf in stride but are concerned with hurting people. Again, the medication (once you and your doctor have figured out the best one and the correct dosage) will help keep you from hurting people.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »
To the original topic. For me, what's important is that the child molester be prevented from harming children ever again. I hesitate to say they should be killed, because killing is permanent. If we somehow were to come up with a cure (or whatever you'd call it) for molesters, we may have wasted a potentially productive member of society. I do not know the percentages, but the molester whom I know best (an uncle who molested his sons, grandsons, and children in his church) was also molested himself as a child. A victim and a predator. How do we understand such a person? If I understand the things he said, he felt that it was a special bond, a special love, between a man and child. That's what he was taught. His victims all disowned him, but none agreed to testify, so he was never jailed for it. How can we kill him if there's no legal proof of what he did? A truly awful situation, and quite frankly, I'm delighted that he's gone now (dead of old age).
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • I doubt, therefore I might be.
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 12:44:20 AM »
I would like to add one thing though. Schizophrenic does not mean violence. I have met people with moderate to high levels of schizophrenia and in all cases they were not violent but instead were victims of bullying and violence.

But I think drug and alcohol abuse might make some schizophrenics violent. But drug and alcohols can and does make normal people violent. So in my opinion the blame for violence should be on drugs and alcohol and not schizophrenia itself.
Stereotypes about people with schizophrenia being violent are of course wrong, as most stereotypes are. But drugs and alcohol are not the necessary precursor to violence in people with schizophrenia. Fear, however, can be. Some types of schizophrenia are defined by extreme fear and there are no known mechanisms that would make afflicted people react in any other way than the rest of us - in extreme situations an attack can provide the best defense. Hell, people without any kind of psychological of psychiatric disorder could and actually often do answer violently to abuse, fear, danger. You can scare anyone to the point where they'd be capable of killing someone whom they see as a potential threat. Suitably horrible hallucinations can speed up and intensify that process - which only means that people with schizophrenia have to be helped, because their condition causes them distress and suffering, not incarcerated, killed or abused even more.

Which brings us to the subject of this debate - pedophilia (and the resulting child abuse) is a mental (psychological and/or physiological) disorder that, in my opinion, needs to be researched and treated, not solved by murder. I used schizophrenia to illustrate my point, not to accuse people with this type of disorder of being dangerous. The OP claims she has schizophrenia which makes her erratic (and a werewolf, among other things), which is the reason I even mentioned it.
Excreta Occurs

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2012, 05:04:02 AM »
I'm a pedophile.[1] I'm sexually attracted to young teenagers especially but sometimes even younger if they've developed a bit. Budding breasts, long legs. What's not to like? Some people are attracted to even younger children, and though I'm not I don't think anyone is in any position to judge them for it. Nobody chooses their sexual orientation, be it heterosexual, homosexual, or pedophile.

Why would I admit to this? Just like homosexuals and atheists, pedophiles are shunned and persecuted unfairly. Society likes to vilify people like me but I don't buy into the propaganda and neither should you. I'm not a bad person. It's perfectly natural to be attracted to females of breeding age.

In the US, children as young as 9 have been tried as adults in criminal court. 11 and 12 year olds regularly. It's hypocritical to say that a 9 year old is capable of making rational decisions that they must be held responsible for but a 17 year old isn't. Until of course suddenly they receive a magical clarity of thought on their 18th birthday.

I don't think 9 year olds should be tried as adults for the same reason that I wouldn't have sex with a 9 year old girl.  I'm a big fan of informed consent.  I would never have sex with someone who I didn't feel knew full well what they were doing, and understood the physical and emotional ramifications of their actions, and was participating completely of their own free will.

Someone who is attracted to very young children but does not act on that attraction is harmless. Persecuting that person would be thought crime.

I also think that possession of child porn should be legalized, but I don't have time right now to write about it. Feel free to post all of your disagreements and I'll come back in a couple of hours to explain how you're wrong. Do your research before you say something stupid though. You should know that several federal judges as well as many prominent intellectuals share my thoughts on this.
 1. Don't bother to correct my spelling. This is the correct spelling in common modern English.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT