Author Topic: Christian Pastor Advocates Concentration Camps For Gays  (Read 2907 times)

Offline jetson

• Administrator
  • Darwins +164/-6
  • Meet George Jetson!
    • Jet Blog
Re: Christian Pastor Advocates Concentration Camps For Gays
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2012, 05:49:31 PM »
Well, Christians have the right to preach about what the Bible has to say about sinful behavior.

At this forum, you are a member, and you are not allowed to break the rules by preaching.  Please refrain from this type of reply.

Jetson

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »
Jesusonlysaves, let me see if I can summarize this.

Your arguments against homosexuality seem to revolve around sex as reproduction. And I do understand that many christians feel that way. But let's look at nature for a moment. There are hundreds of species of animals that engage in homosexual activities, including humans. Sex serves many purposes, only one of which is reproduction. It serves as pair-bonding, for instance. It strengthens relationships. While you might not approve of gay relationships, they really cause no harm whatsoever for you or anyone else. They are consenting adults.

Your discussion re: the possibility of reproduction is a logical fallacy. You say that men and women COULD reproduce because they have the correct body parts. But then you go on to say that infertile couples can have sex. Let's stop and think about that for a moment. They may have "matching parts," but something has gone wrong in terms of pregnancy. Perhaps there are no eggs being formed. Perhaps the uterus cannot support a fetus. Perhaps the man hasn't got enough motility in his sperm. Perhaps the woman had health problems and has had a hysterectomy. In other words, they have a penis and vagina, but they do NOT have all the parts for reproduction. They are nonfunctional in this way. If you say sex is only for reproduction, then I don't see how you can have it halfway.

It seems to be me that objections tend to boil down to two flavors. The "ick factor," or the "unnatural factor." But it most certainly IS natural for gay people to feel attraction to each other. They were most likely born to heterosexual parents, and yet they're gay. Do you honestly think anyone would choose to be ostracized, even hated, when if it were a choice they could be accepted by society simply for switching partners? I cannot imagine. Just as no one can choose their skin color, no one can choose their sexual orientation. They just can't. As to the "ick factor," no one is forcing you to engage in it, and the percentages of people participating in anal sex has already been discussed.

I would ask that you step back and TRY to think this through logically. Try to set aside your pre-conceived notions and remember that gays are people too. They have feelings. They love. They have families. And they just want to live in peace. If Jesus were here, and if he were truly a man of peace, as most of you claim, then wouldn't he love them too? Seriously.

Just read your reply while I was posting. Your information is outdated. You talk about a gay lifestyle as if there is one. There are promiscuous persons of every orientation. But there are also plenty of gays who are in longterm, stable relationships. Not messing around. Not spreading disease. In fact, its my understanding that AIDS cases in gay men are decreasing, while in other groups they're increasing. I'll try to find numbers ...
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +121/-0
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »
The truth is, homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual perversion. It's out of control sexual desire, lust gone mad.

Okay, so you're arguing that same sex marriage should not be legalized because same gender sex acts are perverse. What about the homosexual relationships that aren't physical and where the couple doesn't have sex? How do you feel about that type of relationship since lust isn't involved?
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2012, 06:28:05 PM »
The truth is, homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual perversion. It's out of control sexual desire, lust gone mad.

Okay, so you're arguing that same sex marriage should not be legalized because same gender sex acts are perverse. What about the homosexual relationships that aren't physical and where the couple doesn't have sex? How do you feel about that type of relationship since lust isn't involved?

Very good point. I know a lesbian couple who haven't had sexual relations in years. But they have two children (both conceived via sperm donors), and are a stable, happy family unit. Both children grew up to be happy, healthy, intelligent, straight men. What lust? What perversion? What disease? What harm? They are a lovely family.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +67/-10
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2012, 06:34:30 PM »
Well, Christians have the right to preach about what the Bible has to say about sinful behavior. Whether your like or not, sinful behaviors always bring destruction on those who are practicing it. I've read some studies about homosexuality, you won't believe how destructive that lifestyle is. And how rampant sexually transmitted diseases are in the gay community. Sin is sin, no matter who is practicing. It can be a pastor, a priest or a bishop, it's still considered as Sin. Here is what God of the Holy Bible has to say about that unnatural lifestyle.

Romans 1:26-27 -  Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Why do Christians divorce?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »
I've read some studies about homosexuality, you won't believe

Somehow I don't see this as being mutually exclusive.

What studies?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +414/-14
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2012, 07:35:24 PM »
Well, Christians have the right to preach about what the Bible has to say about sinful behavior. Whether your like or not, sinful behaviors always bring destruction on those who are practicing it. ... Here is what God of the Holy Bible has to say about that unnatural lifestyle.
Tell me, jesusonlysaves, would you kill a homosexual in the way that your god orders?
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +645/-3
  • Entropy isn’t what it used to be
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2012, 07:48:49 PM »
You guys can preach to each other all you want. But when you start preaching to the rest of us in a way that tries to ruin everything for everybody, expect some resistance. Well, lots.

And again, why didn't the church mind same-sex unions for the first 1500 years. Did they just forget to read the part that you think is so important now?

Never trust an atom. They make up everything!

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +241/-6
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2012, 09:01:07 PM »
Well, Christians have the right to preach about what the Bible has to say about sinful behavior.

But (a)You do not have that right here (b)you seem to not all that concerned about vegetable gardens and poly-cotton blends (c)we have the right to question as to "why is this any of your business?" and just going on about what an old book told you isn't a good reason.

You have to show us that this book is reliable source of information and morality. However, many of here have read this old book and found it extremely wanting in both morality and correct information. In fact it is filled with absolute falsehoods as to how the earth was created, bloodshed, torture, approval of slavery, and contradicts itself hundreds of places. It makes claims about things that surely would have been recorded somewhere else if they were true, such as the slaughter of the innocents and people being risen from their graves.

In fact, it is my belief that to accept such a miserable piece of mythological trash as a blueprint for how a person should live makes you pathetic.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline jsmacks

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2012, 09:19:45 PM »
http://www.politicususa.com/pastor-contain-gays-lesbians.html

It seems that Amendment 1 isn’t enough for some people in North Carolina. They aren’t willing to simply live with denying gays and lesbians any official recognition of their relationship.

During a sermon in response to the President’s announcement that he supports same sex marriage, Pastor Charles L. Morely said that he wants to kill off gays and lesbians.

According to the Huffington Post, among other things, the Pastor said the following:

“Build a great, big, large fence — 150 or 100 mile long — put all the lesbians in there,”

And here’s the really compassionate part of his “sermon”:

Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can’t get out…and you know what, in a few years, they’ll die out…do you know why? They can’t reproduce!

Assuming you haven’t eaten recently, watch this “sermon” here.

To read more click the link above.

Youtube: ( before it gets taken down )

I never knew the s is silent for the word "against".    He sounds like he is saying "agin"

What's more dangerous is that he has followers.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +645/-3
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »
I never knew the s is silent for the word "against".    He sounds like he is saying "agin"

You actually watched it? I implore you. Go to the Emergency Room right away. Tell them your IQ may have been cut in half. There may be time to save it!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding. I'm sure you'll be fine. But don't forget to wear ear protection next time. You know, if you watch it agin.

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +68/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2012, 11:14:17 PM »

There is nothing wrong with a straight married couple that can't reproduce. Because they may have fertility issues. But, when it comes down to gay relationship, it's something entirely different. As I stated earlier two people of the same sex can't reproduce between themselves, that's the fact. It's impossible, it's never happened. You all know that, even though you are trying to go around just to come up with something.

Hi, JOS. 

I suspect what you mean to say is homosexual behavior is not reproductive, not that homosexuals cannot reproduce.  Do you consider this to be support for the argument that homosexual behavior is wrong?  If so, why is that same condition (failure to reproduce) only allowed between two members of the same gender? 

For instance, women are physically equipped for birthing and sustaining a child. Man is not, in order for normal reproduction to occur there must be a male and a female. Consider this had all societies throughout History approved and promoted same-sex marriage which by definition can't procreate, there would be no society left today to debate the issue.

Would it make a difference in your understanding if you were to learn that regardless of marriage policy, homosexual behavior has been experienced in every culture in every time period of human history?  If homosexual behavior were to be somehow detrimental to human society, why would a formal recognition of that behavior be a necessary component? 

The truth is, homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual perversion. It's out of control sexual desire, lust gone mad. A male was wired to be attracted by the opposite sex, the same too for female. Sometimes I am wondering what is it about a male body that another male finds to be attractive?

I'm smiling because I remember all too well believing this same thing.  You see, I "knew" Jesus was God and God is Love and Love is real so God is real and Jesus was a historical figure so what was written about him *must* have been legitimate.  Further, I experienced events that could not be interpreted in any other way than the holy spirit. I believed I was caught off guard, not looking for it, and that was somehow confirmation of the reality of the faith.  Now I know that my experiences have a very logical (fascinating, in my opinion) explanation.  I also know why emotions and personal experiences really cannot be considered evidence for the idea by anyone but the individual experiencing.  I've also come to learn that the historical Jesus was likely no more real than the historical Osiris, who was also called "the light of the world," who also had disciples who shared a meal of bread and wine to commemorate his sacrifice for mankind as well as to prepare for their welcome to be with him forever in the afterlife.  In other words, he was a mythological character that Paul wrote about as a mythological idea, only later to have been given a biography (or four).

In any case, the reasons to believe are based on one thing and one thing only - a desire to believe.  Once a person no longer fears unbelief, the desire leaves, the need for the mental gymnastics for everything to fit together can be let go.  Then you won't think of homosexuals as being dysfunctional in any way.  In fact, you'll not think of them as being any different than heterosexuals, and you'll come to understand sexual behavior has evolved to be expressed in quite a large variety of ways.  You'll stop seeing "sin" and see instead people trying to solve problems with what they've got.  You'll see the world isn't a scary place with a spiritual warfare, but a pretty awesome place with so much to explore, you will never run out of things to see and do and learn.  It's actually quite liberating and, if I may say so myself, much more free than the bondage of faith you are trapped in now.  Your username is ironic because the salvation comes from not from being blindly obedient, but from opening your eyes and seeing the world for what it is.  Think about it. 

Offline albeto

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +68/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2012, 11:24:33 PM »
Why is it that homophobic Christians are so interested in gay sex?  I mean, really now. 

One theory I've heard is that biologically speaking, any behavior that would impede basic evolutionary drives would be met with a natural revulsion.  Think about eating rancid meat - your body would fight you and you wouldn't be able to stick it in your mouth, much less chew and swallow.  A man having evolved an attraction for other men would inspire in others that same kind of repulsion, simply because a natural evolutionary drive (procreation) is being threatened.  Christians of course rationalize this as being "sinful," whereas those who are not bound to a religious interpretation of life are capable of thinking rationally about it. 

I'm not sure what I think about that.  I wonder if it's not inspired by a misogynistic attitude.  Men "behaving like women" (eg, having sex with a man) are distasteful because women are lesser than men.  Why would a man "voluntarily" pretend to be less than a man?  Two women inspire anger, because women ought to know their place and stop pretending to be like men.   

But then, why would misogyny be the natural default?  Is physical weakness something that inspires contempt?  Is that why women and children are targets of rage and domination? 

I dunno. 

I'm just so glad I'm no longer trapped in that mindfuck that is religion.  It's really quite creepy how deeply it gets into your psyche and inspires your sense of self, and how to respond to everything, from external events to internal thoughts.  Jesus Mary and Joseph, I never had a moment's peace thinking my every thought was being monitored and analyzed for content and proper devotion to "divine intimacy."

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2012, 11:46:56 PM »
So it is a sin if a married couple, regardless if they are same sex or not, can't reproduce?

Are you advocating testing for fertility before marriage and that only those capable of producing off spring should be allowed to marry?

There is nothing wrong with a straight married couple that can't reproduce. Because they may have fertility issues. But, when it comes down to gay relationship, it's something entirely different. As I stated earlier two people of the same sex can't reproduce between themselves, that's the fact. It's impossible, it's never happened. You all know that, even though you are trying to go around just to come up with something.
JOS: In your tagline, your name is 'Jesus only saves'.  So if you are a 'follower', why don't you go 'follow jesus' and only save lives rather than hating people and potentially doing an innocent group harm.  People aren't gay by choice.  They are gay by birth.  It's a genetic defect.  But don't worry - it's a genetic defect that is also in your genes, meaning if you have a gay son or daughter I hope you can find it in you to forgive yourself for bearing queer children... 

It is exactly this type of behavior of unacceptance and inhumility that disgusts me about what you have failed to learn in this life.  Bible or no, either way Jesus' exact words were 'love your enemies, for what reward do you have then. (death, pain, suffering, war)?' 'see this field of grass? count the blades, and that is not even how many times i will forgive you..'  Now, if I can forgive you for hating a person because of something they are, rather than something they did, then you can also forgive this group for something they are, rather than something they did.  Or shall I declare that you having sex with your spouse is equally lustious as a gay couple having sex?  I believe I have the right angle.  You have sex to please yourself.  You don't do it in order to bring about offspring every time.  Just the same, gay couples have sex for pleasure.  They don't do it to produce offspring every time, even though they probably wish they could, and do find avenues in order to have a child based on their own genetics (by finding a host). 

I've made it official.  According to Jesus, you having sex is affectively no different than a gay couple having sex.  None.  I won't have you condemning some other group for doing affectively the same thing you get to willfully enjoy every day of your life.  That goes for single people or people who aren't being satisfied looking at porn and masturbating.  All of these scenarios are called 'sexual gratification'.  None of you should be pointing fingers at the other group.  Rather, these other groups should be asking why you are so willing to condemn and cause the torture of another group just because they don't get to enjoy the same freedoms as you do?  Who the fuck do you think you are, JOS???

For instance, women are physically equipped for birthing and sustaining a child. Man is not, in order for normal reproduction to occur there must be a male and a female. Consider this had all societies throughout History approved and promoted same-sex marriage which by definition can't procreate, there would be no society left today to debate the issue.
Wrong.  Homosexuals are homosexuals because it's in your dna.  This is just like saying if we selectively mate all the desirable traits and leave the undesirables out, there will be no more midgets.  However, there will always be midgets as long as the dna for midgets is in some strain of human.  And even if you breed it out, it can be brought back into your dna through the correct genetic mutation.  This would require, at minimum, the genetic monitoring of every individual ever born, and selectively mating the genes that don't produce midgets throughout the remainder of our history.  Then, our own dna sequence changes, and we'll have to cover everything else.  How would you like to be told you can't reproduce because some asshole decided there was unwanted dna sequences in you?  Even doing this would be an impossible task, unless you chastised every male and female from birth due to having unwanted dna.  It would be much easier to genetically engineer people...  (blah)

My point is, you'll never rid yourselves of homosexuals because the traits that are required are present in almost every individuals' dna.  It only takes the correct combination to have a gay kid.

The truth is, homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual perversion. It's out of control sexual desire, lust gone mad. A male was wired to be attracted by the opposite sex, the same too for female. Sometimes I am wondering what is it about a male body that another male finds to be attractive?  I don't know.  What causes a female to be attracted to other females, and yet, a common statistic is that most females have sex with other females before having sex with a male.  Perhaps the female ape is where we got the homosexuality gene from.  Seriously, this gene goes all the way back to apes...

If you are gay or lesbian, you want to have a child at least why not doing it with your partner? Why using another means to have one?
Bold mine.  JOS, again, I'm telling you that "homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual perversion", is no different than me, a straight male, saying "heterosexuality without child-birth is nothing more than a sexual perversion".  I think you need to get your head screwed on straight after hating a group of people that perform an act that you find detesting.  For me, it doesn't matter if it's a girl masturbating, a male masturbating, a couple having sex straight or gay; it's all disgusting in my eyes.  However, we all have to do it, and the one thing out of that group that I can get turned on to is only a girl masturbating alone.  Or just give me a girl and I'm fine.  However, it is all nasty shit that we all have the NEED FOR - A BODILY, PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL NEED...  PEOPLE HAVE THE NEED FOR SEX IN THE HIERARCHY OF NEEDS!!!!!!

Just because you can't understand a different group of people doesn't make you right about what you are saying...
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 12:19:27 AM »
They are gay by birth.  It's a genetic defect.  But don't worry - it's a genetic defect that is also in your genes, meaning if you have a gay son or daughter I hope you can find it in you to forgive yourself for bearing queer children... 

It is not a defect. Any more than brown eyes or red hair is a defect.

Consider for a moment what having an extra person who is not getting pregnant nor trying to get someone else pregnant means to a tribe. (Assuming the tribe hasn't gone too xenophobic.) You have an additional person to help with existing children. You have someone who can help bridge the understanding gap between men & women. You have someone whose creative drive is directed at something other than procreation. Having single males & females who are not vying for reproductive mates means they have the time & drive to do things to improve the tribe's situation. Acceptance (by a tribe) of the homosexuals among them likely advanced many tribes where they would have otherwise have failed & died out.

So homosexuality would be positively selected for rather than eliminated.

This is currently just an idea of mine. A hypothesis, if you will. A seed for why & how we developed civilization.

Could someone in the wacko pastor's area get video of him reading my idea - I'd love to watch his head explode.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 12:30:43 AM »
^^ sorry for the term 'defect'.  I meant no offense.  Should have said, genetic makeup..
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 12:48:18 AM »
^^^ I suspected as much but it gave me the impetus to present the idea that followed.

In a way your slip speaks to how we get deeply infected by certain ideas - they can take a long time to root out and we can unintentionally fall back into old toxic patterns even when we don't want or intend to. I have my own little things that I still make the mistake of saying.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2012, 01:09:56 AM »
^^ all perfectly ok.  We both made good points..

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 08:22:09 AM »
...What causes a female to be attracted to other females, and yet, a common statistic is that most females have sex with other females before having sex with a male...

I'd love to know where this statistic came from, because I've never heard it before. I'm a woman and neither myself nor other straight women I've talked with have had that experience. Are you able to provide a pointer to a source (or sources) for this statement? Thank you.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »
You actually watched it? I implore you. Go to the Emergency Room right away. Tell them your IQ may have been cut in half. There may be time to save it!

You're gonna have to send me too, I need some of my IQ back. I'm supposed to be writing and if I don't get my IQ back up I might accidentally write the next Twilight novel if I'm not careful. :( I need some science, stat!
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +645/-3
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2012, 10:21:04 AM »
...What causes a female to be attracted to other females, and yet, a common statistic is that most females have sex with other females before having sex with a male...

I'd love to know where this statistic came from, because I've never heard it before. I'm a woman and neither myself nor other straight women I've talked with have had that experience. Are you able to provide a pointer to a source (or sources) for this statement? Thank you.

I think the key term for Jos in this excuse is "common statistic", which for him means "crap I just made up to prove a point that isn't true, but I'm desperate folks. Bear with me".

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »
I've read some studies about homosexuality, you won't believe

Somehow I don't see this as being mutually exclusive.

What studies?

I wouldn't be surprised if these 'studies' were from people like Ted Haggard or Pat Robertson.
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2012, 11:38:33 AM »
So he knows gays don't reproduce, but he doesn't seem to connect the dots from there. If gays don't reproduce, who are their parents? Straight people. If you really want to stop homosexuality, just ban straight marriage and heterosexual sex. It's the damn straights that are making all the gay babies.

My friend posted something similar on FB recently.
There's so much news from the Right as to how to deal with homosexuals.
And while I'm under the impression they're people and should be treated as such that doesn't seem to be an option to them. So here's how you stop the gays.
No more heterosexual sex.
Gay sex has yet to result in any children period.
Where as heterosexual sex has created ALL the gays.
No straight sex. No gays. Done and done.
There you go Right. Work with that.

I don't doubt it would be a very effective method. What do you think, JOS?
You can't prove a negative of an existence postulate.

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-1
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »

I've never heard (or experienced) this either.

By the way, just an observation...isn't JOS's icon the same one TBright used to have? May or may not be a connection there.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +369/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »

I've never heard (or experienced) this either.

By the way, just an observation...isn't JOS's icon the same one TBright used to have? May or may not be a connection there.

Well, he might have heard of the term LUG (lesbian until graduation) which is a disparaging term for women who experiment with same-sex relationships in college, and then marry a man and start a family. 

But this is not a very common phenomenon.  Certainly not one of statistical value.

The only "reality" that I am familiar with in which women like woman on woman action first, and then go for men, is the porn "reality." 

I'm guessing he views porn as part of his righteous mission to study perversions, and that is where he is getting his data. 

edited for typo
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:17:42 PM by Quesi »

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2012, 12:59:30 AM »
No - it was something taught to me in highschool/college about human sexual behavior.  I have no sources.  In fact, it may all have been based on the same type of 'educative quality' as christian-schools teaching creationism.  Sorry.  I should have left that bit out....

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-0
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2012, 01:33:52 AM »
Whether your like or not, sinful behaviors always bring destruction on those who are practicing it.

"Always"?

Putting aside that nonsense about "sin" and dealing strictly with heterosexuality versus homosexuality, I can say with near-absolute certainty that you are wrong.  I enter into evidence My own life experiences.

I was married to a man for 17 years.  He turned out to be a wilfully incompetent, lazy, manipulative and abusive S.O.B. who cheated on Me.  I spent thousands of dollars bailing out his financially unfeasible business, which made day-to-day quality of life rather bleak and also prevented Me from pursuing My own goals.  I divorced him.

I was in a relationship with a woman for 10 years.  She was consistently supportive of My goals and in six months contributed more to the household than Whatsisname did in all the time I knew him.  While we were together I learned to drive, wrote multiple novels and learned to play 2 musical instruments and became a performing musician.  We're still good friends, and she came out to My gig this evening.

If this is "destruction," I'm rather enjoying it.  More, please!

Here is what God of the Holy Bible has to say about that unnatural lifestyle... {quotes from Romans and Corinthians}

Those writings are usually ascribed to Paul of Tarsus, not to Biblegod.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:54:10 AM by Astreja »
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2012, 06:56:41 AM »
Whether your like or not, sinful behaviors always bring destruction on those who are practicing it.

On the topic of destruction, I find it really odd that people describe our *sinful* behaviour destructive as non-believers and those of us who ignore the bible. Yet, all that has been done as a result of Christianity? That's constructive, right?

The Spanish Inquisition. Torturing people for God.
The Crusades. Invading countries and murdering its people in the holy land, for God.
The Witch Hunts. Many cruel and deadly methods of determining who's a witch and who isn't, followed by the death of said witches. In some countries, witches were even burned to death. What's even more disturbing about this is that this still goes on today. The bible instructs that witches be killed.
Exorcisms. People who could be diagnosed with a mental illness are treated as people who are possessed - this isn't healthy for them. And there's been several known cases where people have died because of an exorcism. It's not all throwing holy water and yelling "the power of Christ compels you!", they can get very physical.
JW - Blood Transfusions are unethical. Because of this sect, parents refuse their kids treatment where a Blood Transfusion would be necessary, which would save their life.
Christians who preach that natural disasters are caused by sin. Aid is given in terms of handing out bibles and scripture because they want to convert people who are in a disadvantaged situation, rather than offering them actual aid and support.
Christians who refuse medical treatment for themselves or their kids or other family members. Instead of calling the doctor they call a priest so they can be cured by prayer and not medicine. Because prayer doesn't work, this often leads to people's conditions getting worse and even dying.
Christians who prefer to teach abstinence over safe sex. People are immoral because they have sex before marriage, so they'd rather teach kids about NOT having sex, but finding they do it regardless. In some faith even contraception is *wrong* meaning people end up getting pregnant when they're too young or contracted an STD. Heck, because of lack of propr education, they don't know what 'safe' sex is as Christians are so opposed to teachings kids about 'sex'. The important lesson for them is: don't do it until you're married.
Christians who are against women's health.  Because of their strong anti-abortion views. They base their understanding of a human on when they believe they get a "soul" brain activitiy or stages of development where they're just tissue doesn't matter. So if there's complications, which would damage women's health? That's right, they can't have an abortion legally. They might get one illegally, which can be dangerous.
People who believe they are cured by prayer and thus don't get medical treatment. There was even a thread on this not-so-long ago. People suffering from AIDs told by the Church they were cured.
The view that non-believers are evil. This results in discrimination, even on violent levels. There's atheists here who can relate a story to that. We even have the story of Goodkat, a non-believer who used to post here who stopped because of his violently aggressive and bigoted Christian father.
The view that homosexuals are an abomination. Plenty of discrimination against gays. Still. Violence towards them too, plenty of that. Parents who so adamently believe their son or daughter is an abomination they force their religious guilt trips on to them, leading them into hating themselves, into depression and even suicide.
The Curse of Ham. Before slavery was abolished, what did Christians used to say? It's okay to enslave black people because they have been marked with the Curse of Ham, hence their skin is black. Slavery is also supported by the bible.
Killing Abortion Doctors because life is sacred. Related to, life begins at conception, thanks to Christians believing the soul is formed then, so in their mind all they're doing is killing murderers and defending innocents.

These are all things that are off of the top of my head and the worrying thing is, there's a lot of things I am missing. Bear in mind I am NOT listing bad things Christians have done/still do (otherwise I would have included Hitler & Nazism) but bad things Christians have done/still do BECAUSE of their religion. You wouldn't believe the amout of bible quotes people use to support the above.

And YET you want to convince us that OUR sins are destructive? What, me, the atheist who never hurts anybody and leads a happy life? Astreja the bisexual who had a fantastic relationship with an old same-sex partner? Or the many other atheists and homosexuals/bisexuals out there who do people no harm (who probably do more good than harm to others), who try to lead positive lives and do good things, even through no selfish pursuit of their own. Sinners who manage to find happiness and lead good lives. I know a Satanist volunteering in Japan helping people get back on their feet after the earthquake, there are many here who have done charity work (and still do) and things to help others.

But because your bible says we're sinners, therefore evil and bound to a life of destruction you assume authority as a Christian and yet, Christianity has done so much harm (and still does) that it's laughable to assume that us *sinners* are destructive. This is the problem when you only trust the bible, you ignore the real world.

It bugs me more that Christians are SO concerned about people's sexuality because in their eyes it's an abomination, yet there's FAR worse things going on, heck, within their OWN religion. Instead, they just brush them off as, "oh, but they're not true Christian", even though that doesn't really matter.

[edit]
Also, I feel I should mention the gay atheist, Alan Turing. The only thing that was 'destructive' about his life was the prejudice made against him for being a homosexual. For a brief summary of his life: http://www.whof.net/2012alanturingyear.htm. Yeah, hooray for sinners I guess?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:24:18 AM by Seppuku »
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2012, 08:33:30 AM »
Whether you like or dislike what the Pastor says. We all can come to same conclusion that gay and lesbian can't reproduce. That's why they have to somehow use another means of reproducing such as surrogacy. If there was something good about that sin, why two men or two women can't reproduce?

I think gay people should be thankful about how they come into existence, it was because their parents were heterosexual.

Oh geez, there are people who can't procreate and are straight. There are people who mchoose not to have children. procreation isn't all that important. it's up to an individual who wants to haver a child, whehther they're gay or not. Also, there are gays and lesbians who can have children through artifical insemination or surrogacy.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.