Author Topic: Christian Pastor Advocates Concentration Camps For Gays  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
Christian Pastor Advocates Concentration Camps For Gays
« on: May 21, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »
http://www.politicususa.com/pastor-contain-gays-lesbians.html

It seems that Amendment 1 isn’t enough for some people in North Carolina. They aren’t willing to simply live with denying gays and lesbians any official recognition of their relationship.

During a sermon in response to the President’s announcement that he supports same sex marriage, Pastor Charles L. Morely said that he wants to kill off gays and lesbians.

According to the Huffington Post, among other things, the Pastor said the following:

“Build a great, big, large fence — 150 or 100 mile long — put all the lesbians in there,”

And here’s the really compassionate part of his “sermon”:

Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can’t get out…and you know what, in a few years, they’ll die out…do you know why? They can’t reproduce!

Assuming you haven’t eaten recently, watch this “sermon” here.

To read more click the link above.

Youtube: ( before it gets taken down )

"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +35/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
Re: Christian Pastor Advocates Concentration Camps For Gays
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:45 PM »
I was going to ask if anyone thought that later he will say that it was all just a joke.  However, he makes it clear near the end of the clip that he means to say what he's saying.  Maybe we could put this guy in a camp by himself.  We wouldn't have to worry about dropping food for him since he could just pray to his god for some manna and quail or something like that.  And then he could "reproduce" by letting his god take one or two of his ribs to make a nice lady for him.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +369/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:30:05 PM »
Kind of makes me wish that there were a hell for this man to spend an eternity in.

But on a lighter note.  Did you notice the unnaturally long pause after he asked about kissing a man?  I'm betting he'll be spending his last years proclaiming how sorry he was about getting a blow job in that rest stop bathroom. 

And his parishioners will forgive him.  Because they understand that it is the gays' fault. 

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +643/-3
  • Entropy isn’t what it used to be
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure that if they built the camp he wants he would volunteer to go in and "minister" to them, while requesting that they "minister" to him as well.

The guys, that is. I'm pretty sure he'd have no interest in the females.

This is obviously such a sick mind that I can't make any serious comments on what he said. But at least now we know what Jesus would do.
Never trust an atom. They make up everything!

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »
Ah - the old send 'em to an island trick - that'll get rid of all the gays people the guy hates...

Religious reasoning:
1.  There are gays - we particularly don't like gays - the bible tells us what to hate.
2.  There is an island, send em to an island.  Then we don't have to hear about them or live a few miles away from one...
3.  More gays appear, repeat # 2. 
4.  There is no #4, we are in an infinite loop of #2&3..

Rational thinking:
1.  There are gays.  Some people don't like gays.  So they want to do bad things to them.
2.  These people are threatening the safety of this group of individuals..
3.  Make it a law that discrimination or threats verbally or physically against gays is illegal.  Tell the biggots that they have to learn to stay away from them or learn to live with the thought of someone else being gay...  Nobody said they have to live in your house, anyway.  Bastards.
(problem solved)
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »
So he knows gays don't reproduce, but he doesn't seem to connect the dots from there. If gays don't reproduce, who are their parents? Straight people. If you really want to stop homosexuality, just ban straight marriage and heterosexual sex. It's the damn straights that are making all the gay babies.
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 12:23:08 AM »
There is so much hatred for those who kiss (and do more intimate things with) men. It's sad. I've got an idea: every man who thinks felatio is bad should speak up - so their wife/girlfriend knows their guy thinks it's bad and knows they never have to do it ever again.

More seriously, though, I am the only one who thinks that guys who strongly condemn someone who has sex with men is also denigrating women? It sure seems like the most vocal in the one respect also seem to be the least respectful towards women.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +238/-6
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 08:49:54 AM »
Ok someone is a bigot, that's nothing new. What gives me the willies is that when someone gives religion as an excuse for bigotry, somehow it makes it not as bad, or even okay in American eyes.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:07:27 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • I doubt, therefore I might be.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »
I don't get this. How does the whole 'gays can't reproduce' thing work anyway? Are gay people infertile by default? Straight people can have sex with people they're not particularly attracted to (or not at all), and so can homosexuals. Which in turn means they can reproduce in a completely 'natural' way. Considering the fact that around 10 % of population is homosexual, genetic variety wouldn't even be a problem. Since the 'moral' majority wants them dead (or worse), being stuck behind an electrified fence that keeps that same majority out might not be all that bad. If the alternative is people like the pastor in the original post, I'd chose life behind the fence. At least it would keep me safe from idiots like that.

Just imagine a scenario in which this is actually implemented. Fenced-up homosexuals would just create a nice little utopia without bigotry and hatred, they'd prosper and have the real 'happily ever after' while the world outside burns.
Excreta Occurs

Online Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 09:00:45 AM »
I really hate hatred. Seriously. I watched "The Help" last night and was deeply disturbed by the racism depicted in the film. And I was alive for some of that. To see that kind of hatred simply re-directed at a different group of people deeply saddens and angers me. Some days I feel no hope at all for the human race.  :(
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline gonegolfing

• Reader
  • Darwins +23/-2
  • God ?...Don't even get me started !
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 09:46:04 AM »

Notice how this bigoted fat cow pastor goes all "Gospel Lite" on the lesbians ?  This gluttonous turd pile may be revolted by two men kissing, but is of course unwilling to pick on the lesbians for the same thing...... Why ?..... Because everyone knows that men, including this moral and mental midget, love to see the ladies Kiss !!  :P

The men sheep in the pews would have known he was lying if he had picked on the lesbians in the same way  ;)

"I believe that there is no God. I'm beyond atheism"....Penn Jillette.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
There was a time when the only people who would see and hear this were the people in the church. Now it's on Youtube and the world gets to see exactly what these people think.

The more "christians" spitting their vindictive, not to mention stupid, spite like this the better. If anything is going to alienate people from religion and into rationality its guys like this.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline flapdoodle64

• Graduate
  • Darwins +39/-1
    • My Movie Reviews
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
The more "christians" spitting their vindictive, not to mention stupid, spite like this the better. If anything is going to alienate people from religion and into rationality its guys like this.

As much as I oppose hate-speech and want to create a world where hate-speech is looked upon with the same social disgust as say, pedophilia or drunk-driving, I also am glad that this stuff is coming out. 

Because I agree with Frank, that this kind of insane and hateful stuff is at the core of religion and it is my hope that this stimulates intellectual and moderate religionists to rethink their postion.  Because the Bible has a lot of anti-gay and other types of hate speech, and if you are going to live your life believing the Bible is some kind of Magic Book from God, then you're casting your lot with the hate-mongers like Father O'Hitlerhan here.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 01:29:34 PM »
As an illistration of my earlier point

http://www.salon.com/2012/05/17/christianitys_anti_gay_stance_backfires/

Christian Right activists who give money, pressure politicians and organize against gay rights may think they’re accomplishing a couple of goals, like rolling back gay rights and asserting their religion’s primacy in American culture. Unfortunately for them (but fortunately for the rest of us), one of the things they’re doing in the long run is alienating their young people - not a good long-term strategy. Short-term victories like passing more bans on gay marriage, sometimes repeatedly in single states, might feel good for homophobic Christians, but in the long run, it’s their religion that will pay the ultimate price; available evidence shows that anti-gay activism is souring young people on Christianity.

"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 02:24:52 AM »
... How does the whole 'gays can't reproduce' thing work anyway? ...

(Just in case you're serious.) Even if homosexuality is purely genetic, it is at least a recessive trait so even a gay man and a lesbian having a child togther does not guarantee a homosexual child. So, in that sense, they can't reproduce, even though they can have a child.

What I realized a while ago is that theists encouraging homosexuals to suppress their desires and live as heterosexuals only increases the potential for gay children. Considering how recessive the genes are (or dependent upon environmental factors), the increase is not going to be much over the short term but if the suppression continued over centuries we could see a shift in the percentages.

Since the 'moral' majority wants them dead (or worse), being stuck behind an electrified fence that keeps that same majority out might not be all that bad. If the alternative is people like the pastor in the original post, I'd chose life behind the fence. At least it would keep me safe from idiots like that.

Just imagine a scenario in which this is actually implemented. Fenced-up homosexuals would just create a nice little utopia without bigotry and hatred, they'd prosper and have the real 'happily ever after' while the world outside burns.

This only works if the fence really does keep the kooks out. (And homosexuals are people too so it wouldn't exactly be a utopia. But I think it would be better.) What worries many people is that the Nazis started the same way - rounding up the gays and gypsies while spreading propaganda about the Jews for 5 years. Would guys like him really care about Jews? I doubt it (although it's possible). But once you have the general population used to you rounding up undesirables, people will accept it when you start including other groups.
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • I doubt, therefore I might be.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 03:52:21 AM »
(Just in case you're serious.) Even if homosexuality is purely genetic, it is at least a recessive trait so even a gay man and a lesbian having a child togther does not guarantee a homosexual child. So, in that sense, they can't reproduce, even though they can have a child.

What I realized a while ago is that theists encouraging homosexuals to suppress their desires and live as heterosexuals only increases the potential for gay children. Considering how recessive the genes are (or dependent upon environmental factors), the increase is not going to be much over the short term but if the suppression continued over centuries we could see a shift in the percentages.
I seriously doubt that the pastor in question meant that homosexuals can't produce homosexual children - actually, I'm pretty certain he meant that they can't have children at all. This is an argument I've heard way too many times to misunderstand it. The last one took a form of (I'm paraphrasing here): "If a gay guy has sex with a woman in order to have a child, he's not really gay." Errr. Yeah. Sure. So if I have sex with a man I'm not at all attracted to I'm really attracted to him. Or something.

Considering all the evidence currently available, it seems to me that homosexuality is the end result of a variety of (unpredictable) genetic, biological and environmental factors. Suppression and 'healing' of homosexuality don't work and they only produce a mass of unbelievably unhappy people. It's unproductive and harmful.

While we're at it I must add that I find it rather interesting that the loudest opposition of homosexuality these days comes from the home of the free, a country that supposedly cherishes individuality above all. I'm not American, so my judgement might not be accurate, but I can see right-wingers aggressively defend their right to do as they please (even if it is harmful to others), and denying that same right to everyone else. Well, it's the same in my own country, so I do have quite a good idea what it looks and feels like.

This only works if the fence really does keep the kooks out. (And homosexuals are people too so it wouldn't exactly be a utopia. But I think it would be better.) What worries many people is that the Nazis started the same way - rounding up the gays and gypsies while spreading propaganda about the Jews for 5 years. Would guys like him really care about Jews? I doubt it (although it's possible). But once you have the general population used to you rounding up undesirables, people will accept it when you start including other groups.
My idea was meant a s sort of a joke. I guess I didn't formulate it as well as I wanted to.
But I fully agree with you. It is a bit of a slippery slope argument, but it's perfectly valid as far as I'm concerned. The simple truth is that people like that pastor in the original post function on discrimination. I doubt that homosexuals are the only people he has a problem with. Actually, I'm fairly certain that the only people he wouldn't fence up somewhere are those who agree with him. Kooks, that is.
Excreta Occurs

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 11:49:17 AM »
Looks like Pastor Worley has most definitely put himself on the map from New York to Los Angeles. Much to his detriment I might add. Nobody has a good word to say about him. Apparently his video has gone viral.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-pastor-wants-to-put-gays-lesbians-behind-electrified-fence-20120522,0,5822694.story

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/north-carolina-pastor-calls-death-gays-lesbians-trapping-electric-fence-article-1.1082160

I particularly like this from Dailykos

My questions:

1. Would construction of the fence be put out for bids, or would you award a no-bid contract to Halliburton?

2. Who would pay for the fence and the power needed to electrify it? Taxpayers? The private sector? A public-private partnership?

3. Would you inform the fence builders that they're constructing a death camp for roughly 7-8 percent of the American population, or would you keep it a secret? Would their benefits include dental?

4. Would you procure the land you'll need for the camp through eminent domain or some other means?

5. What kind of permits will you need to get before you start building, and are you prepared to bribe the proper authorities, if necessary, to get them approved?

6. Would you buy or rent the necessary aircraft? (Suggestion: catapulting the food into the camps might be cheaper.)

7. What kind of food would you drop on the lesbians, queers and homosexuals? Would they be in large crates or loosely packed in nets? Would you make special arrangements for customized meals to accommodate, say, vegetarians and/or those with food allergies?

8. Would you also drop water on the lesbians, queers and homosexuals, or would the food contain enough moisture to keep them minimally hydrated?

9. How would you prevent the lesbians, queers and homosexuals from digging tunnels under the fence and escaping? Would you prefer hiring mercenaries from Blackwater to stand watch from guard towers, or would a moat filled with alligators be more effective?

10. How would you deal with the media when they start publishing stories about your death camps? Build another fence for them?

11. Would you also build a special enclosed electrified fence for the parents of the lesbians, queers and homosexuals as a cautionary measure, since they're the ones who produced them in the first place (and they may try to make more)?

12. Now that I think of it, shouldn't you play it safe and fence off all potential breeders, since it's impossible to know which ones will pop out another lesbian, queer or homosexual?

Offline Hemingway

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-1
  • God will pardon me, that's his line of work
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »
He wants to imprison "the queers and the homosexuals"......

Am I missing something? How can a one tell these two fellows apart?  :-\
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +643/-3
  • Entropy isn’t what it used to be
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »
He wants to imprison "the queers and the homosexuals"......

Am I missing something? How can a one tell these two fellows apart?  :-\

I think he's using the Jimmy Haggart definition. The ones you are caught in bed with are only homosexual. It's the rest that are queer.
Never trust an atom. They make up everything!

Offline Hemingway

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-1
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 01:35:15 PM »
So, according to Mr. Haggard, whats a gaylord?

*Scratches head*

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +556/-22
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »
It seems like it would be cheaper and simpler if he just built an electric fence around himself and stayed inside it.  Heck, I bet he could find a whole army of gay volunteers who would finance and build it too.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Hemingway

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-1
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 01:44:08 PM »
Indeed.... such a construction would keep his ass centralised in one location also so he would not wonder off on us spreading his bile....... Bless his cotton socks.

Offline Jesusonlysaves

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-6
  • WWGHA Member
    • Calories in a banana
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »
Whether you like or dislike what the Pastor says. We all can come to same conclusion that gay and lesbian can't reproduce. That's why they have to somehow use another means of reproducing such as surrogacy. If there was something good about that sin, why two men or two women can't reproduce?

I think gay people should be thankful about how they come into existence, it was because their parents were heterosexual.
"John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »
We all can come to same conclusion that gay and lesbian can't reproduce.

Artificial insemination, adoption, surrogacy, foster care.

If there was something good about that sin, why two men or two women can't reproduce?

So it is a sin if a married couple, regardless if they are same sex or not, can't reproduce?

Are you advocating testing for fertility before marriage and that only those capable of producing off spring should be allowed to marry?
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Hemingway

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-1
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
Sin TM.....

A concept given to us through the Iron Age journalism of middle eastern gentlemen.

The mind boggles........

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +238/-6
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »
Whether you like or dislike what the Pastor says. We all can come to same conclusion that gay and lesbian can't reproduce.

Then why do I know of Gay people who have had Chilren before coming out of the closet, or gay people who decided to later become straigt and have kids? And you never answered me in the other thread.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline flapdoodle64

• Graduate
  • Darwins +39/-1
    • My Movie Reviews
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »
Whether you like or dislike what the Pastor says. We all can come to same conclusion that gay and lesbian can't reproduce. That's why they have to somehow use another means of reproducing such as surrogacy. If there was something good about that sin, why two men or two women can't reproduce?

I think gay people should be thankful about how they come into existence, it was because their parents were heterosexual.
Thanks, Jesusonly, for showing how your god considers us to be mere breeding stock, like chickens or cattle. 

Offline Jesusonlysaves

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-6
  • WWGHA Member
    • Calories in a banana
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 02:08:52 PM »
We all can come to same conclusion that gay and lesbian can't reproduce.

Artificial insemination, adoption, surrogacy, foster care.

Well, my point was why two people of the same sex can't reproduce between themselves without using other means?
"John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 02:10:35 PM »
Well, my point was why two people of the same sex can't reproduce between themselves without using other means?

That's not much of a point, as I pointed out many cases exist where people can't reproduce and are still married.  You on the other hand are hinging reproduction on the idea of marriage, so effectively are you saying:

So it is a sin if a married couple, regardless if they are same sex or not, can't reproduce?

Are you advocating testing for fertility before marriage and that only those capable of producing off spring should be allowed to marry?