Author Topic: Worst Parent of the Week: Dad Puts Toddler in Washing Machine and Turns it On  (Read 529 times)

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
I found this when trying to get to my email. I warn you this is very disturbing:

There's nothing of value in the article but here it is if you want to read it. Yahoo
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:17:33 PM by Kimberly »
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
Some kids are really hard to get clean. Did he use Tide?
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Your yahoo link isn't working.

The problem with people who voluntarily limit their IQ to 4 is that they are going to make the news on a regular basis. ;

Not all of their victims survive.

But somehow, they sometimes do. Go figure.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
Your yahoo link isn't working.

The problem with people who voluntarily limit their IQ to 4 is that they are going to make the news on a regular basis. ;

Not all of their victims survive.

But somehow, they sometimes do. Go figure.

I work in the appliance industry. We have to make special safety features to prevent children from playing in our appliances and something like this happening. But I'm pretty sure even our best safety features can't stop this from happening. You can't see much detail in the video but assuming they thought this was a joke someone should put him inside one of the super capacity dryers.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Another reason not to have children.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
f**k me how stupid can you get? I assume the kid was okay in the end? Because it could have ended a lot worse than that. I hope they do get charged for it, irresponsible parenting is not laughing matter and people should realise that not everything goes the way you might have intended and you're buying your kid a week later.

Ask the McCanns, who thought leaving their kids in the hotel room on their own in a foreign country whilst they go off to party is a good idea. Yet, they manage to milk the mass media for attention and sympathy and support, when it's their own irresponsibility meant their kid was able to be kidnapped. Unsupervised (and at that age) other bad things still could have happened. The McCanns were middle class, I mention this because there was a small article in the newspaper a couple of weeks after the initial madness of the press over the McCanns, a working class mother left her kid unsupervised to go out partying and the kid got hurt and was taken away from her and she was charged. Same situation. Except one's a middle class family and the other is a working class one. One gets their kids taken away and prosecuted and the other one keeps their remaining kids and gets national sympathy and their 'bravery' makes them heroes.

Still, at least these guys in the video are portrayed as the bad parents that they are. Not treated as being innocent because parents all like to have fun and games by sticking them in the washing machine, but never expect them to get them trapped and for it to start its spin cycle!

(You can tell people like this irritate me)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:18:59 PM by Seppuku »
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Another reason not to have children.
Indeed...
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
I've seen this and it makes my blood boil. This just proves that some people just aren'tfit to be parents. They acted like a bunch of twelve year olds.

Mr. peabrain: Hyuk, hyuk, hey Honey, i have an idea... Why don't we put junior inside a washing machine?
Mrs. peabrain: Hyuk, hyuk, sure. What could possibly go wrong with that?

(Buries head in shame)
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline meconopsilo

• Student
  • Darwins +1/-1
  • WWGHA Member
idk who that father is but obviously his parents didnt give him enough love or whatever.
this is exactly why people shouldnt smoke crack.
balls

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
When teens have children. very fucking scary.
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts

I dunno, some teens can actually be good and responsible parents, sure they're more likely to be less mature and less likely to be ready for it, but there's plenty of teenagers out there who are more mature than plenty of adults who end up having kids.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot

yeah, it just comes to show that parenting is something to learn and doesn't come automatically when you have kids. These parents know nothing and acted like kids.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Hemingway

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-1
  • God will pardon me, that's his line of work
Those parents should be beaten to within an inch of their lives with a wet plimsoll
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken

Offline Hemingway

• Student
  • Darwins +2/-1
  • God will pardon me, that's his line of work
LOL.... -1 for humour...........

Some people........

Do you even know what a plimsoll is?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:41:01 PM by Hemingway »
Dont try to fix me, I'm not broken

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-8220-washing-machine-toddler-8221-says-she-150600329.html

So it wasn't actually the mother or the dad. A female baby sitter's boyfriend put this baby in the washer and the police have decided not to file charges! They could find no intent, and this was just a game of peek a boo gone wrong.

WTF! So it's only ill intent if the baby dies ?

I hate people and our justice system.

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Preach it, sister kimberly...   8)
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-8220-washing-machine-toddler-8221-says-she-150600329.html

So it wasn't actually the mother or the dad. A female baby sitter's boyfriend put this baby in the washer and the police have decided not to file charges! They could find no intent, and this was just a game of peek a boo gone wrong.

WTF! So it's only ill intent if the baby dies ?

I hate people and our justice system.

So it wasn't the parents but the babysitter? Really? hide and go seek? Augh! Just put me out of my misery already.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
No ill intent? So it's okay to be irresponsible with the well being of a child...so long as there's no ill intent?

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
No ill intent? So it's okay to be irresponsible with the well being of a child...so long as there's no ill intent?
What's what i'm trying to say, it just doesn't make any sense. It's a human being, not a doll.