Author Topic: Jesus's Gecko and Other Miracles  (Read 551 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +456/-14
  • Is this going somewhere?
Jesus's Gecko and Other Miracles
« on: May 11, 2012, 08:41:51 AM »
Walking on water explained:

The Resurrection (No Sons of God were harmed)

Sight Restored:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:58:23 AM by Graybeard »
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Jesus's Gecko and Other Miracles
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 09:38:16 AM »
rather nifty videos.  that one about the fly is very curious and I wonder about the mechanism involved.

the last one about the cataracts makes me sad but glad that humans have advanced medicine enough to help people.   And it's a good one to counter the theist claim of how "perfect" the world is for humans.  High solar radiation (altitude or equatorial) that contributes to blindness in humans is a pretty stupid idea of "perfect".  :P
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline MathIsCool

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +1/-6
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »
Graybeard, cool videos.  You're right, this does provide a more scientific explanation for the resurrection.

I guess I didn't realize Jesus died from drowning, not on a cross.  I also forgot that he was buried in salt; I don't remember seeing that in the gospel accounts.  Also, up until now I hadn't realized he was a fly.  I always assumed he was a person: none of the gospel accounts mention his wings.  My mistake.

&)
Why not name the website ... "whywontGodallowlaserstoshootoutofmyeyespewpewpew.com"

- Expurgate, here

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »
Graybeard, cool videos.  You're right, this does provide a more scientific explanation for the resurrection.

I guess I didn't realize Jesus died from drowning, not on a cross.  I also forgot that he was buried in salt; I don't remember seeing that in the gospel accounts.  Also, up until now I hadn't realized he was a fly.  I always assumed he was a person: none of the gospel accounts mention his wings.  My mistake.

&)
well, MiC, the problem is that your "son of God" didn't exist and thus didn't die any particular way.   These videos show how such silly claims as in your myths could be duplicated to happen and in very explainable ways.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline justthegirl

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 01:26:14 AM »
velkyn. You make a most delightful point and i complement you ! Anyone can do those goofy jesus magic tricks. I hope no one takes offense by my post.