Author Topic: JsT and Omen try to get along  (Read 7320 times)

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
JsT and Omen try to get along
« on: May 16, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »
And the answer is no I have not concluded that.

However, from this post, it certainly seems you have:
You can continue to badmouth me with your words, but you're only adding to the evidence that the Bible is true.

"For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride],

And I present you as my evidence this is true.  I'll take being an idiot over that any day.

jst, I've called you an idiot.  I have been explict in detailing the reasons I've called you an idiot.  Right here:
You are indeed an idiot if you think you can get away with such nonsense without being called on your claims.  There is a point where your own actions have demonstrated a willful inablity to take responsiblity for what you have claimed and think that no one will notice.  This shows a certain lack of intelligence aka being an idiot.   I do try to avoid making a personal observation, but when the facts support it, I will.  Sometimes there is no good reason to be polite especially when the theist shows no interest in being honest.

You have continued to display yourself as such so far.  So, I have no problem still considering you an idiot.  I am indeed ridiculing the baseless beliefs you profess *and* your actions.

Well at least you are honest.  That's at least something to respect.  However,

However, from this post, it certainly seems you have:

If you weren't an idiot you would know this was addressed only to a set of people on this forum:

You can continue to badmouth me with your words, but you're only adding to the evidence that the Bible is true.

Anyone that is not an idiot could tell I was speaking to those that badmouth me.  Maybe your idiocy is why you don't understand what Jesus was talking about when he mentioned moving mountains.

Quote from: Omen
What have I done, except ask you to be accountable for your own claims?

How about lieing?

The argument for american slavery was 100% biblical.

Semantics JST, they were not the only arguments.  It is not omitted to support a claim that they were ONLY biblical arguments, it is made available ( along with source ) to point out the claim that arguments used to support slavery in the US were based on biblical justifications.
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
Re: JsT and Omen try to get along
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 06:11:15 PM »
How about lieing?

The argument for american slavery was 100% biblical.

Semantics JST, they were not the only arguments.  It is not omitted to support a claim that they were ONLY biblical arguments, it is made available ( along with source ) to point out the claim that arguments used to support slavery in the US were based on biblical justifications.

Semantics Jst, obviously not a lie, and it still is 100% biblical since there are no biblical arguments against slavery.

You claimed to have been bad mouthed, no where did I bad mouth you.

All I've ever done is asked you to be accountable for your claims.  Which has caused you to respond psychotically.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 06:13:40 PM »
Now again:

What is wrong with asking you to be accountable for your own claims?

Why are you incapable of finding anything I'm actually doing, that you could describe as wrong?

JST ran away again.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 06:15:51 PM »
I was attempting to be more precise on the other thread but now here we are.
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 06:17:22 PM »
I was attempting to be more precise on the other thread but now here we are.

No, you promptly abandoned the thread and refused to respond to people after we took time to respond to you then you came here; where you have attacked the community, made baseless accusations, and whined about being held responsible for your actions.  You then said you were 'leaving', but never actually left.

You can stop excusing yourself from responsibility.

So again:

Why are you incapable of finding anything I'm actually doing, that you could describe as wrong?

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 06:19:32 PM »
I did not abandon the thread until all the BS on this thread began.  I did reply to the other thread and I was waiting for more replies.  Why is that a problem with you?

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 06:20:53 PM »
I did not abandon the thread until all the BS on this thread began.  I did reply to the other thread and I was waiting for more replies.  Why is that a problem with you?

No you didn't, your only response was to say people didn't respond to you, yet they did.  More than one of us actually.

You never returned.  Do you not have the mental capacity to post in more than one thread at a time?

So again:

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
I did make replies.  I did not reply to all the rebuttals because the remaining scriptures that noone rebutted provide enough evidence by themselves to show the Bible says Satan is the ruler of this world.  To everything else I replied.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 06:26:16 PM »
I did make replies.  I did not reply to all the rebuttals because the remaining scriptures that noone rebutted provide enough evidence by themselves to show the Bible says Satan is the ruler of this world.  To everything else I replied.

This is a dismissive response on your part, it does not show it nor do you make the effort to demonstrate how it would.  Many of the rebuttals encompass all of the references since they are within a similar christian theological context.  You had a choice to respond to the rebuttals provided to you, yet you chose to contribute a single sentence in a dismissive un-explanatory manner compared to the effort everyone else put into it.

So again:

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 06:39:05 PM »
This is a dismissive response on your part, it does not show it nor do you make the effort to demonstrate how it would.  Many of the rebuttals encompass all of the references since they are within a similar christian theological context.  You had a choice to respond to the rebuttals provided to you, yet you chose to contribute a single sentence compared to the effort everyone else put into it.

That is why I asked for answers to the other three scriptures.

You are antagonistist, accusatory, and just basically an ass hole.  If it wasn't for that we might get along.

Nothing.  Why are others able to do this and we still get along?  But you and I don't?

Are you serious?  Am I to believe you don't know you've been an ass hole?

I showed you above where you lied, but you just try to wiggle out of it.  That wiggling may convince others but it doesn't convince me.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
How fitting that I should end up in the Bottomless Pit with you.  I truly am in hell. 

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +103/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 06:51:58 PM »
It can say anything it wants(scripture) this does not make it real or true.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 06:52:12 PM »
How fitting that I should end up in the Bottomless Pit with you.  I truly am in hell.

Excellent, feel free to answer:

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »

Excellent, feel free to answer:

I already did above.  But let me word it in terms you may understand better.

In my subjectively moral opinion you are an ass hole.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »
I already did above.  But let me word it in terms you may understand better.

No, you didn't.  You just avoided the questions by equivocating.

This is a dismissive response on your part, it does not show it nor do you make the effort to demonstrate how it would.  Many of the rebuttals encompass all of the references since they are within a similar christian theological context.  You had a choice to respond to the rebuttals provided to you, yet you chose to contribute a single sentence compared to the effort everyone else put into it.

That is why I asked for answers to the other three scriptures.

This doesn't answer the previous reply.  I could simply copy paste the same response, because the same response points out that the posts did answer it.

You are antagonistist, accusatory, and just basically an ass hole.  If it wasn't for that we might get along.

Why is it antagonistic to ask you to support your claims?

Why don't you want to be accountable for your claims?

Nothing.  Why are others able to do this and we still get along?  But you and I don't?

Other people ask you with the same tenacity that I do, mods have to be brought in repeatedly because you refuse to argue for your own claims.

Are you serious?  Am I to believe you don't know you've been an ass hole?

Nope, you never tell me no matter how many times I ask.

I showed you above where you lied, but you just try to wiggle out of it.  That wiggling may convince others but it doesn't convince me.

Obviously, a semantic disagreement is not a lie.  Even if you misunderstood it incorrectly, I could simply say it was a mistake and modify the claim.  That doesn't change the fact that I answered to support my claim the second you asked for it without a moment's hesitation.

You .. can't be bothered to do the same.

In my subjectively moral opinion you are an ass hole.

I have never insulted you or done anything to you except ask you to support claims that you have made or pointed out when your claims were contradictory.  Insulting me for something you can't point out or describe isn't answering my questions..

So again:

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 07:22:37 PM »
This doesn't answer the previous reply.  I could simply copy paste the same response, because the same response points out that the posts did answer it.

Perhaps I should have been more clear.  So allow me to do so.  I think the three remaining scriptures are enough to still prove my claim that the Bible says Satan in the ruler.  I can reply to the rebuttals but I don't see the need since the other three scriptures still stand.  I was attempting to move on and give evidence this claim is true but I was interrupted.

Other people ask you with the same tenacity that I do, mods have to be brought in repeatedly because you refuse to argue for your own claims.

Only when you are involved.

How about calling me a sicko?

How about comparing me to the mentally ill?

How about continually calling me a liar?

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »
May I offer my observations?

Omen, you pounced on Jst the minute he got here, and you were relentless.  He had no idea what hit him, and I think he tried really hard to keep his head above water.

Jst, you often avoid answering questions directly by offering partial answers or changing the subject just a little bit or redirecting the conversation to something else.  I like you, and I enjoy your presence on this forum.  But there are direct questions that I have asked you that you have not answered.  That doesn't frustrate me as much as it frustrates other people on this forum.  But please realize that this failure to address direct questions has resulted in frustration. 

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 07:33:34 PM »
You compared horrific biblical slavery to raising children.

I've never called you mentally ill, I asked how do we distinguish your claims from make believe or mental illness.

You have lied repeatedly, even admitting as much.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 07:37:03 PM »
Quesi, can you be more explanatory than saying pounce.  Notice, when you're describing jst you include specific details but when you reference me you just say "pounce".

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 07:41:23 PM »
May I offer my observations?

Omen, you pounced on Jst the minute he got here, and you were relentless.  He had no idea what hit him, and I think he tried really hard to keep his head above water.

Jst, you often avoid answering questions directly by offering partial answers or changing the subject just a little bit or redirecting the conversation to something else.  I like you, and I enjoy your presence on this forum.  But there are direct questions that I have asked you that you have not answered.  That doesn't frustrate me as much as it frustrates other people on this forum.  But please realize that this failure to address direct questions has resulted in frustration.

If someone has some constructive criticism I will accept it.

But there are direct questions that I have asked you that you have not answered.

Please direct me to where I have done so.

I described what I do and there is nothing "sicko" about it.  You were simply being hostile.

I've never called you mentally ill, I asked how do we distinguish your claims from make believe or mental illness.

The comparison is implied.

No I have not.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 07:49:14 PM »
Notice, when you're describing jst you include specific details but when you reference me you just say "pounce".

I understand what she meant. 

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 07:50:58 PM »
Notice, when you're describing jst you include specific details but when you reference me you just say "pounce".

I understand what she meant.

Just not enough to give explicit details.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:14 PM »
I think the traditional definition is:

1. To spring or swoop with intent to seize someone or something: a cat that pounced on a mouse; watched the falcon pounce on the baby rabbit.
2. To attack suddenly: irregular troops who pounced on the convoy at a narrow pass; a colleague who pounced on me because of a mistake in my report.
3. To seize something swiftly and eagerly: pounce on an opportunity.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »
And it's like no matter what I say, you are always there.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 08:01:59 PM »
Quesi, can you be more explanatory than saying pounce.  Notice, when you're describing jst you include specific details but when you reference me you just say "pounce".

I'll try.  First of all, you're really smart, and you're really educated, which are completely different things.  Among your early interactions with Jst, you took single sentences and phrases that he had written, and wrote paragraph-length responses, often using complex vocabulary.  And, (please correct me if I am wrong) I think that you assumed that Jst was another apologetic, rather than a JW. 

In other words, you didn't seem to be aware of "who" this person you were attacking was.  You didn't seem to be aware of, or didn't care about the fact that Jst had self-identified as someone with little formal education, and was of a particular sect of Christianity that is not common here on this forum.

You had, at your disposal, a wide range of arguments ready to rip apart his words, and a format and style he was not familiar with.  In addition, you've got an aggressive personality and debate style.  You demanded that he play by a set of rules that he was not familiar with, and you fired out arguments that you are very familiar with, but which, I think, he was hearing for the first time. 

This is not the strongest explanation, but I'm half in front of the screen and half putting my daughter back to bed over and over.

Please see reply #70 on the Xian C thread in the Atheist Corner. Another forum member used stronger language than I did to describe the welcome you gave him. 

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +722/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 08:05:56 PM »
I would like to make an impartial (sort of) observation.

Omen, I do have to ask a question. (keep in mind that I like you a lot and we are on the same side). You don't even have to answer it out loud. Just think about it.

Why are at least 54 of your last 100 posts aimed directly at Jst? I mean, my grandfather died of a heart attack yelling at a Jehovahs Witness who knocked on his door, and I'm not that upset with the guy.

When something isn't working, trying something new has about a billion percent higher chance of success than keeping up the same old same old.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 08:07:02 PM »

I described what I do and there is nothing "sicko" about it.  You were simply being hostile.

You were responding by comparing biblical slavery, in an analogy, to raising your children.

I pointed out, and referenced biblical verse to support me, that in biblical slavery you can beat your slave almost to death.. and as long as the slave doesn't die for a couple days then you are free from being punished.

I then pointed out that your analogy was sick and asked you how could you make such a horrific analogy.

The comparison is implied.

Not liking the comparison is irrelevant, you frequently make assertions that cannot be distinguished from the following categories:

1. The mentally ill.
2. The religious claims of someone else.
3. Make believe.

Since we can't get you to support your claims, I have to ask the obvious question that is begged.  If you would bother to support your claims, then this wouldn't have to occur.

No I have not.

Yes, you have.

Such as the thread where you began talking about 'evolution', which quickly devolved into nonsense as I and dozens of other individuals began to tear you apart.  You later admitted that you knew there was a difference, but had decided to ignore it because of a certain someone.

You were intentionally lying, for the purpose of trolling on the forum, because you didn't like to be held accountable for your claims.

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »
Why are at least 54 of your last 100 posts aimed directly at Jst?

A person refuses to be accountable for their claims, there is no reason to allow them to ignore it.  Either he/she is held or accountable or you might as well give up discussion.

I also work at home and have access to my computer virtually 24/7, it takes all of a few seconds to respond to a post.

When something isn't working, trying something new has about a billion percent higher chance of success than keeping up the same old same old.

There isn't anything new to try, JST can't support his own claims, JST is antagonized by asking him to support his claims.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-102
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
So you justify calling me a lieing, mentally ill, sicko?

Is this your subjective morality at work?