Author Topic: If a gay person loses their memory...  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • IXNAY
Re: If a gay person loses their memory...
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 01:45:39 PM »
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 02:09:29 PM »
or handwriting.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 06:19:25 PM »
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +533/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 08:52:37 AM »
For information:
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2058921/Chris-Birch-stroke-Rugby-player-wakes-gay-freak-gym-accident.html#ixzz1xgK6n6Wu
Burly rugby player has a stroke after freak gym accident… wakes up gay and becomes a hairdresser

When 19-stone rugby player Chris Birch suffered a stroke during a freak training accident, his family feared it would be a life-changing injury.
Yet while his recovery certainly brought about a transformation, it seems to have been in a way no one could have expected.
For when he regained consciousness, the 26-year-old – who was engaged to his girlfriend – claimed he had become gay.

Mr Birch’s astonishing change saw him break up with his fiancée, ditch his job in a bank to retrain as a hairdresser and lose eight stone in weight.
He has now moved in with his  19-year-old boyfriend.
The now ex-rugby player, a flanker with his local amateur reserve side, had been attempting a back flip in front of friends on a field when he fell down a grass bank, breaking his neck and suffering the stroke.

Before the stroke: Chris Birch weighed 19 stone, worked in a bank and played rugby
He was taken to hospital where his fiancée and family spent days waiting anxiously at his bedside before he delivered the shocking news.
Mr Birch recalled: ‘I was gay when I woke up and I still am. It sounds strange but when I came round I immediately felt different.
‘I wasn’t interested in women any more. I was definitely gay. I had never been attracted to a man before – I’d never even had any gay friends.
‘But I didn’t care about who I was before, I had to be true to my feelings.’
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 09:30:14 AM »
Would be massively interresting to stick this guy into an MRI and take a look at his hypothalamus. Though you'd think the reverse transformation would be more likely ... part of the hypothalamus becoming damaged/inactive due to the stroke.
I guess there's a chance he was gay all along and upon surviving the stroke figured, ok, I'm done pretending to be straight, I'm going to live my life to the fullest from now on.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +533/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »
I  wear a crash helmet at all times...
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »
This all sounds a little fishy.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline joebbowers

• Reader
  • Darwins +91/-47
    • My Photography
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
But that isn't possible, we all know that being gay is a choice, and has nothing to do with your physiology!
"Do you see a problem with insisting that the normal ways in which you determine fact from fiction is something you have to turn off in order to maintain the belief in God?" - JeffPT