Author Topic: Some people are really pathetic  (Read 1765 times)

Offline MatCauthon

• Student
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Some people are really pathetic
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »
On rare occasions I come across someone whose mind is so bent on seeing whatever they want to see that its just sad.

This guy sees coincidences everywhere. Probably sees Yeshua in his toast. The page below was written in excruciating detail, describing all the "coincidences" leading up to "Jesus's" name equaling 888 in Greek, and many more in his personal life that would be way too embarrassing for normal people to admit to. Doesn't seem to realize that Jesus wasn't his actual name. Kinda painful to read, even for me.

http://aristean.org/jesus888.htm

Why was the Son of God have to be named Jesus? Why not Immanuel?

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
Re: Some people are really pathetic
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »
Are there really 888 Jesuses in the NT?

I can't find a debunking site. I'm also not entirely sure the second sigma on Jesu's name is really valid, but ancient numerologers would have constructed it all this way.

Would explain why they want to keep his name as iesous, instead of Yeshua, Joshua, Yahashua, Immanuel, or anything valid.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:10:07 AM by Add Homonym »
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 12:15:42 AM »
Greetings fellow earthling

...delusions are both sad, and hilarious

I feel sorry for the deluded fool, but I was really grinning while reading his madness.

"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 05:44:43 AM »
Last night I watched Ancient Aliens, which is my new Friday night tradition.  I don’t know why, but I really look forward to it.

One of last night’s episodes started out presenting the theory that NASA is overseen by the Freemasons, who are in fact the holders of great secrets passed down by the descendents of the ancient Egyptians who apparently documented the fact that their bloodlines can be traced back to the “sky gods” who were, of course, ancient aliens.  Apparently, it is all a secret plot by the people who can trace their bloodlines to the ancient aliens, and who are trying to go visit their great great great great to the umpteenth power grandparents. 

Evidence for this theory included two references to the number 33.  One early NASA flight took off on runway 33.  And there was something else about another 33 related to an early rocket launch.   And then there was an A on some symbol, which NASA claimed stood for Apollo, but which clearly refers to the Egyptian god in the bloodline.  And there were three dots near the letter A, which clearly depicted Orion’s belt, which is where these aliens came from. 

How can you dispute evidence like that? 

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 06:46:20 AM »
Wow, I was only able to sit through one episode of Ancient Aliens. It was painful. I did watch some reality TV show last night out of curiosity, operation: repo, or something like that. It was like Dog the Bounty Hunter but even more dumb. :( I'm pretty sure what they do on there is illegal, taking people's cars without a warrant and even refusing to show your ID when asked. I'm pretty sure those guys violently defending their car and trying to get away are probably doing it because they think you're trying to steal their car after you refused to show them your ID, which would prove that you're not. Though I'm sure it's fake, but still dumb.

So yeah I think we can all at times lose faith in our species :( Still, no harm getting a good laugh out of it.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 06:55:18 AM »
I think Dog the Bounty Hunter is an ancient alien. ;)  Isn't there a "33" on Rolling Rock Beer?  Just saying !!!
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 07:28:33 AM »
Are you suggesting that in addition to building the pyramids and contributing to deforestation on Easter Island, these ancient aliens also provided us with the secret recipe for Rolling Rock beer, which is clearly the nectar of the sky gods, and then sent secret messages down through generations to ensure that Dog the Bounty Hunter did not, in fact have to show ID? 

I think we've come up with an excellent episode for next season!

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +798/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 08:35:36 AM »
This is so weird. I just figured out that I've used the term "Jesus F**kin' Christ!" 888 times since the republicans started looking for a presidential candidate.

I gotta stop reading the news. And that guy in the OP needs a new hobby too.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 12:07:45 PM »
I'm so excited that my summary of this episode has converted Azdgari to ancient alien theory. 

I did forget to mention that one of the NASA alien ancestors is a level 33 Freemason.  I'm not really sure what that means, but I got up to level 23 in Skyrim (not to brag or anything, but there is increasing evidence that I am the Dragonborn) and it was a lot of work.  So level 33 has got to be really good.

I have to admit that I doubted some of the evidence presented in the show.  But when they superimposed a picture of Orion's Belt on those dots next to the letter A on the NASA thing, I was convinced.  There was also a Nazi connection, but I missed that part because I was responding to something on this forum.  Who knew that those Arians were really descendants of ancient Egyption sky gods?  And Kennedy knew about it too.  That is why he was in such a hurry to get to the moon. 

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
I'm not really sure what that means, but I got up to level 23 in Skyrim (not to brag or anything, but there is increasing evidence that I am the Dragonborn) and it was a lot of work.  So level 33 has got to be really good.

Sweet! I kinda wish I didn't trade in my copy. However, I hit level 40 today on Star Wars: The Old Republic. My Jedi Sage seriously kicks Imperial butt, so a level 33 Alien at NASA? He could easily beat him blind folded...but then he's blind and relies on the force to guide him, but still...he could!

Oh what it means to be a geek.  :-\

And so next season of Ancient Aliens we've got Dog The Bounter Hunter, a Level 33 Alien, a Dragonborn and a Jedi.

I think this could get interesting.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 01:23:05 PM »
Jesus may be 888 but isn't Hitler 88...according to fringe groups, skins?   This conspiracy just keeps getting better and better.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 04:13:45 PM »

However, I hit level 40 today on Star Wars: The Old Republic. My Jedi Sage seriously kicks Imperial butt, so a level 33 Alien at NASA? He could easily beat him blind folded...but then he's blind and relies on the force to guide him, but still...he could!

Oh what it means to be a geek.  :-\

And so next season of Ancient Aliens we've got Dog The Bounter Hunter, a Level 33 Alien, a Dragonborn and a Jedi.

I think this could get interesting.

Is that the MMO?  I have a friend who is playing it, and he really likes it. 

Pre-mommyhood, I was a middle-aged lady gamer of sorts.  These days, I'm proud to be level 23 on a game that I've been playing for 7 months. 

Forums are a much more productive waste of time.  And easier to do with a kid in the room. 

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 05:14:47 PM »
Yeah it is. I should play these games less though, they can take sometimes take a lot of time to play. I was a WoW gamer (level 85 Death Knight) before that and a FFXI:Online one before that (level 95 Scholar/Puppetmaster/Corsair). Interestingly, on FFXI, I grouped up with a couple who were raising a kid, we'd sometimes had to wait on an event because one of them would have to go tend to the baby or put him to bed. They were awesome at the game (2 of the best I ever teamed up with) and found time to do events. So, there's some hope for mummy gamers :P
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:21:10 PM by Seppuku »

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »

all we need is love .....
the eighth letter of the alphabet
and the true message is revealed 

h8 h8 h8
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 06:13:04 PM »

h8 h8 h8

Did you just make that up?  That is good!

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +586/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 07:28:26 PM »
*tongue in cheek*

Nah, all the ancient gods and demons are actually the Sidhe (pronounced Shi).  As evidence, I point to YHWH's weakness to iron chariots (Sidhe are extremely vulnerable to iron).[1]
 1. This is intentionally silly, in the same vein as Quesi's statements about her ancient aliens show.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 08:08:07 PM »

h8 h8 h8

Did you just make that up?  That is good!
I always attribute the stuff that ain't mine. 

So thanks m8  :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:11:05 PM by kin hell »

Offline voodoo child

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 08:35:11 PM »
On rare occasions I come across someone whose mind is so bent on seeing whatever they want to see that its just sad.

compulsive gamblers. theists are probably at the top. but, I could only guess.
The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you are not understanding yourself. Truth has no path. Truth is living and therefore changing. Bruce lee

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 05:17:52 PM »
I am aware that the ancient greeks, like Aristotle, assigned numbers to letters in their alphabet. I did not read that in the bible but in a very old math book that is heavy on historical stuff. The Greeks, soon enough, came to regard that practice as a meaningless pursuit, whereupon they took up olive pressing and wine and cheese making which was far more practical and profitable.  Numbers be damned. A few of the more adventurous ones began sailing around the Adriatic, messing  with the likes of the  Scylla and charybdis. There were sirens and big sea serpents with a lot of heads, which was more fun, especially the siren part. 

What I want to know is why numerology is a recurring subject in some religious practices. I mean really, can the numbers amount to a fat rats ass? In the interest of honest disclosure, let me agree that some of the greek letters are still used to indicate certain numerics such as pi, rho, lambda, and a few more useful constants. Not a single one of them, even remotely, apply to jesus.

A while back, my local telephone service provider needed to adjust the phone numbering system in this area. The first three digits, of the seven digit number, identifies the local geographic section of the subscriber. A certain section known a K ville, typically blue collar and particularly churchy , was given the prefix numbers 666. Don't you know that the offal hit the rotary blades! There was a near armed rebellion before the situation was resolved. The telephone company held their ground and many of the most reverant subscribers cancelled their phone service so as not to be marked by the sign of the beast.  (sigh!)

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 07:26:40 AM »
Ooops.  Posted in wrong thread. 

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 11:47:14 AM »
Are there really 888 Jesuses in the NT?

I think you are thinking about his height of 888 feet, 12 more if you count the sandals.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 01:02:42 PM »
A while back, my local telephone service provider needed to adjust the phone numbering system in this area. The first three digits, of the seven digit number, identifies the local geographic section of the subscriber. A certain section known a K ville, typically blue collar and particularly churchy , was given the prefix numbers 666. Don't you know that the offal hit the rotary blades! There was a near armed rebellion before the situation was resolved. The telephone company held their ground and many of the most reverant subscribers cancelled their phone service so as not to be marked by the sign of the beast.  (sigh!)

The social security administration decided to mark one of children with the mark of the beast. I thought about appealing their decision but eventually decided against it. Can you imagine the paperwork that would have taken? I admit that laziness trumped my irrational fear of the number[1].
 1. This was a few years ago. When I believed in numerology and astrology.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »
The social security administration decided to mark one of children with the mark of the beast. I thought about appealing their decision but eventually decided against it. Can you imagine the paperwork that would have taken?

It probably wouldn't have worked in any event.  The SSA grants such requests only under extraordinary circumstances.  Even in cases where you've been the victim of identity theft, the SSA typically won't change your number.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 01:51:15 PM »
It probably wouldn't have worked in any event.  The SSA grants such requests only under extraordinary circumstances.  Even in cases where you've been the victim of identity theft, the SSA typically won't change your number.

Then I'm glad I didn't waste my time trying. Hopefully she doesn't grow up to superstitious.  ;)
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »
LOL. My ex-husband and I thought it was rather hilarious when our first mortgage payment turned out to be $666.something.  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 05:45:17 PM »

Most people are guilty of this some of the time. It's part of human nature.

This guy sees coincidences everywhere.

I do too. The probability of an unspecified coincidence occurring is 100%. Have you read the analysis ddebunking the bible codes or have you seen pictures in clouds?

Probably sees Yeshua in his toast. The page below was written in excruciating detail, describing all the "coincidences" leading up to "Jesus's" name equaling 888 in Greek, and many more in his personal life that would be way too embarrassing for normal people to admit to. Doesn't seem to realize that Jesus wasn't his actual name. Kinda painful to read, even for me.

I don't feel like going to the rambling blog of a nujob. Perhaps you could tell us some interesting coincides? What is the probability that he is telling the truth about any given on of them?

http://aristean.org/jesus888.htm

Why was the Son of God have to be named Jesus? Why not Immanuel?

That question is retarded. If Jesus was named Emmanuel, he would be the messiah and known from birth to be. No Jewish mother would give their kid such a presumptious name.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:06 PM »
Ps, i studied math and my student number was a perfect square. My wife's chinese birthday and mine fell on the same day, the year of our marriage.
"i had learn to focus i what i could do rather what i couldn't do", Rick Hansen when asked about getting a disabling spinal cord injury at 15. He continues to raise money for spinal cord research and inspire peoople to "make a difference". He doesnt preach any religion.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +337/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 10:30:18 PM »
According to Ask, Jesus is mentioned 1,276 times.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline rickymooston

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 10:47:09 PM »
According to Ask, Jesus is mentioned 1,276 times.

-Nam

What is the significance of that number?