Author Topic: Pharaoh’s persuit of Israelites out of Egypt  (Read 2227 times)

Offline thinkernotdoubter1997

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-11
  • This Gospel (Matthew 24:14)
    • This Gospel!
Re: Pharaoh’s persuit of Israelites out of Egypt
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2014, 10:40:12 PM »
I was just reviewing the story in Exodus of the battle of wills between Yahweh, Moses, Aaron, and the Pharaoh.  The climax of the story is in Exodus 14, when Moses parts the Red Sea to effect the escape of the Israelites from Pharaoh's persuing army (Ex 14:7, six hundred chariots - all the chariots of Egypt), then releases the Sea to swallow up the army.

However, was Pharaoh's army in any condition to persue the Israelites out of Egypt to the shores of the Red Sea?  The 10 plagues Yahweh, Moses, and Aaron, brought on the Egyptians (but not on the Israelites), left them for days without water, food, and harassed with lice and and painful boils. 

In addition, all Egyptian livestock, including cattle, sheep, assess, and horses were killed (Exodus 9:3-6); so what did Pharaoh's army - such as it was after the plagues - use to pull the 600 chariots to persue the Israelites to the Red Sea?

I may not know the answer and you may not know the answer, but that doesn't mean that there are no explanations. Here is the answer:

Send therefore now, and gather thy cattle, and all that thou hast in the field; for upon every man and beast which shall be found in the field, and shall not be brought home, the hail shall come down upon them, and they shall die. (Exodus 9:19)

He that feared the word of the LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his cattle flee into the houses: (Exodus 9:20)

And he that regarded not the word of the LORD left his servants and his cattle in the field. (Exodus 9:21)
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:14)

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2014, 09:43:57 AM »

Here is the answer:

Sorry, I don't understand.  What you posted looks like the source of the question, not the answer.  Please explain what you mean.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline G-Roll

• Graduate
  • Darwins +50/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2014, 09:46:06 AM »

I may not know the answer... Here is the answer:

WOW....

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »

Here is the answer:

Sorry, I don't understand.  What you posted looks like the source of the question, not the answer.  Please explain what you mean.

All this guy has are Bible quotes. Every topic he goes to is a Bible quote. He's brainless.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline thinkernotdoubter1997

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-11
  • This Gospel (Matthew 24:14)
    • This Gospel!
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2014, 11:22:29 PM »

Here is the answer:

Sorry!

In Exodus 9:18-19 God is warning about what He is about to do:

Behold, to morrow about this time I will cause it to rain a very grievous hail, such as hath not been in Egypt since the foundation thereof even until now. Send therefore now, and gather thy cattle, and all that thou hast in the field; for upon every man and beast which shall be found in the field, and shall not be brought home, the hail shall come down upon them, and they shall die. (Exodus 9:18-19)

In Exodus 9:20-21 we see that those who heeded the warning (both Israelite and Egyptians) didn't leave their live stocks out in the field.

He that feared the word of the LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his cattle flee into the houses: And he that regarded not the word of the LORD left his servants and his cattle in the field. (Exodus 9:21)

Thanks!
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:14)

Offline King_Me

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • ~WWGHA~ MEMBER :D
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2014, 09:08:54 PM »
^^^This just begs the questions:
1. Why would "GOD" destroy innocent Egyptians and Israelites who didn't heed the warning?
2. Why kill the first born and even bring plagues upon Egypt and not just possess Pharaoh and make him give up the Israelites?

The problem with quoting scripture is you are not looking at historical fact.  Please provide facts and proof and not opinions.  I have yet to come across solid evidence that the Israeli's were even slaves in Egypt.
...if you hear your son asking for cocaine why dont you give it to him?

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +454/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2014, 09:27:50 PM »
1. Why would "GOD" destroy innocent Egyptians and Israelites who didn't heed the warning?

It's a good thing they had the Emergency Broadcast System and civil defense shelters in those days, so that everybody was able to hear the warning.  Those ancient Egyptians really were ahead of their time!

Say, "thinker," can you tell us when the Exodus happened?  Who was Pharaoh at the time?
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina