Author Topic: Salutations!!!  (Read 996 times)

Offline eye over you

• Student
  • Darwins +7/-0
Salutations!!!
« on: May 10, 2012, 06:19:37 PM »
    Hello, I have actually had WWGHA on my favorites bar for about a year or so. I was raised Mormon, but started refusing to go to church around the age of 15. I am atheist. I will post in the "testimonials" in the near future and elaborate on my early years in the Mormon church and how I came to reject it and all other religions. I probably won't be a heavy poster, but I will post if I have something to offer. Most of the regulars here do a way better job than I could ever do. Thanks!!!

P.S. I'll have to do a little practicing on "quoting" too. I'm new to forums. :)
Don't let your mouth write checks that your ass can't cash.

Offline freakygin

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Salutations!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
Welcome mate  :)

I'm always curious about mormon, since there's none in my country.
What makes you started to doubt them?
If you argue correctly, you're never wrong..

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +817/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »
Welcome eye. My cousin married an ex-mormon. She has something like eight brothers and sisters and after she left only one would talk to her. And then only in secret. Hope you're not up against anything similar.

As long as you promise to quote me a lot, I'll let you in on a little secret. We have instructions on how to do it properly. They are here:
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,16778.0.html

Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +135/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »
I'm not sure how many ex-Mormons we have here, but do chime in and teach me a thing or two about the culture when the chance arises. Welcome to the board eye.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:32:58 PM »
Welcome eye,  how would things be if Romney get into the White House?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline eye over you

• Student
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 03:15:33 AM »
Welcome mate  :)

I'm always curious about Mormon, since there's none in my country.
What makes you started to doubt them?
I'm not sure how many ex-Mormons we have here, but do chime in and teach me a thing or two about the culture when the chance arises. Welcome to the board eye.

Thanks!!! This site is one that Velkyn posted a link to a while back and I found what they had to say about Mormonism accurate. At least to my memory. It's easily been 27 yrs. since I attended church.
http://www.exmormon.org/tract2.htm

Welcome eye. My cousin married an ex-mormon. She has something like eight brothers and sisters and after she left only one would talk to her. And then only in secret. Hope you're not up against anything similar.

My mother is Mormon and my father is atheist ( they divorced when I was 5, I'm now 43) I have no kids, my brother has two, and they are being raised as atheists. My mom is 74 yrs old and I don't spew my anti god venom at her because it upsets her. Whatever lets her live out her golden years in happiness is cool with me.  Once folks get a certain age, it is almost cruel to disrupt their hopes for an after life... If you know what I mean. I do believe that people need to quit passing all this religious bullshit down to their kids though. Its holding up evolution.

Welcome eye,  how would things be if Romney get into the White House?

Hi Nick!!!   How could I possibly know??? If these clowns put as much effort into doing what is best for their country as they do into trying to get elected.  He's a religious right suck ass. I don't think he is gonna win anyway. He's got all the warmth of a Wall st. CEO. I lost faith in politics a long time ago. When Bush got elected how he did against Gore. Oh brother.

It's late, I'm going to hit preview, and it my quotes look half way decent... I will call it good and go to bed. Good night!!!

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 04:26:09 AM »
greetings fellow earthling

look forward to seeing you round the boards
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »
Hello, and welcome to the forum! You're in for a good time. As was suggested by ParkingPlaces, follow the quoting instructions. It's not too hard and makes for more powerful posts.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 02:07:38 AM »
Welcome, eye.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline eye over you

• Student
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
    Kin, Kaziglu, Wright, Thank you!