Author Topic: "religious freedom" initiative Colorado - redefining freedom  (Read 201 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"

As submitted, the title of the initiative contains one sentence. It proposes to add “an amendment to the Colorado Constitution expressing the public policy of the state of  Colorado that government may not burden a person’s or religious organization’s freedom of religion
http://coloradoindependent.com/117520/colorado-%E2%80%98religious-freedom%E2%80%99-initiative-moves-one-step-closer-to-2012-ballot

again, I see this as one more lie, since it is entirely meant to support conservative Christians and their attempts to force their beliefs on others. I almost wish I could live in Colorado and work for some jackass so I could declare that my freedom of religion in my choice to use birth control and not obey another religion's dictates was being abrogated. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: "religious freedom" initiative Colorado - redefining freedom
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:39:22 PM »
Initiative opponents, however, told the Colorado Independent that the initiative language is deceptive, that it would not so much protect religious freedom as blow open exemptions in state and federal law, effectively setting up a separate legal standard for any person or group claiming to be motivated in their actions by faith.
A true troll does not fear banning. Thanks GB

I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in

Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.
Aristotle

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 01:49:31 PM »
Take away their grant monies from the gov and tax status and see how quickly they change their tune.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 03:40:04 PM by Nick »
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +35/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 02:03:38 PM »
Initiative opponents, however, told the Colorado Independent that the initiative language is deceptive, that it would not so much protect religious freedom as blow open exemptions in state and federal law, effectively setting up a separate legal standard for any person or group claiming to be motivated in their actions by faith.
Maybe the Muslims would like to enact their Sharia law in Colorado. 
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson