Author Topic: videos  (Read 621 times)

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
videos
« on: May 06, 2012, 05:11:39 PM »
Does anyone know why I can't see videos in threads when I'm on my kindle?  All I get is a big empty white space; no link to the video or any error saying I'm missing a plug in. I'm still a noob to my kindle so I'm sure it's on my end and not the forums. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you for considering my point of view; however wrong it may be to you.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
Re: videos
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »
Does anyone know why I can't see videos in threads when I'm on my kindle?  All I get is a big empty white space; no link to the video or any error saying I'm missing a plug in. I'm still a noob to my kindle so I'm sure it's on my end and not the forums. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I believe you need to add an app to the Kindle before it will play YouTube videos.  A quick Google search should point you in the right direction.  I'm sorry I don't have more to offer, but my experience with Kindles is limited to the Touch, and even on that, I don't use most of the features (at least, not yet).
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:12:09 PM »
I can watch them on youtube. On FB it post an image of the video and redirects me to watch on youtube directly. I have an app for youtube as well but it has nothing to do with the web. It's prob the coding in smf that my kindle can't read. Idk though I'm technically challenged. I'll try google ; I was just hoping someone else already knew the fix.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 06:31:12 AM »
YouTube was in the process of converting its videos from Adobe Flash to H.264, but I am not sure that the process is complete. Also, when YouTube servers see that a video is being served to a page other than its own (embedded elsewhere), it likely serves up only Adobe Flash, or nothing at all if the content is restricted. YouTube also wants to make sure that you see an ad when you watch one of the videos.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
I'm testing the fix so either enjoy this clip or ignore it (It was the first suggestion Youtube had for me when I logged in; so I figured WTH!):

Offline Kimberly

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 01:14:17 PM »
SWEET! It's fixed. If anyone else runs in to the issue here's a link to the fix:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx17W1LEZP8HF7M

Can a mod close this thread please? Thanks.