Author Topic: Plain Jane Complain  (Read 7201 times)

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
Re: Plain Jane Complain
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2012, 10:02:35 AM »
Wrong. Catholics are the majority of the world's Christians. Not by a little but by a lot. Most of the Protestant denominations are on board with the creed. It does express the core beliefs that define a Christian. Anyone who does not assent to the creed belongs to a body that has separated itself from the historic Christian community.

aka the good ol' no true scotsman argument.

Jane, you've demonstrated that your claim that you "can't answer all posts" is simply a dodge so you can try to avoid answering pertinent posts that address your claims.  Your appeal that since the RCC is "right" because it's old, is just one more fallacy.  You have of course told more lies about how people conduct themselves on this forum, which I do enjoy since it shows that you have no problem bearing false witness against people here and other Christians and disregarding your god for something as petty as creating an excuse for yourself. 

You have been shown how the various claims laid out by competing Christians has an effect on your claims of Roman Catholicism being the only right way to worship this god of yours and that they have the only right way to understand this bible of yours.  This insistence ignores how much the Catholics disagree internally.  We can see that just by watching the antics of Catholics in the US. 

Anfauglir has brought up the major point you seem to want to ignore or are inexplicably unaware of.  How does the Catholic Church say one is saved?  And what do the other Christian churches say?  Indeed, what does the bible say about it? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2012, 10:34:51 AM »
In fairness, some have been about your not expressing yourself - i.e. answering questions. Also, you often seem to express yourself by bald statements or erroneous claims about what God said and when and where he said it.
And some have been criticisms of her conduct.  Given that it is hypocritical for her to complain about the way she's being treated when she's treating others worse than that, I think it's fair game to call her on it.

Offline Maggie the Opinionated

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +4/-52
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2012, 11:28:03 AM »
Of course you do, dear. Of course you do.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »

Instead of these Meta complain and snideness how about answering the question:

Why would we accept your creed, and not the one of the Shamanic Tradition?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »
Anfauglir has brought up the major point you seem to want to ignore or are inexplicably unaware of.  How does the Catholic Church say one is saved?  And what do the other Christian churches say?  Indeed, what does the bible say about it?
Perhaps you could answer this question, Plain Jane?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2012, 12:12:34 PM »
Jane,

How do you think jesus H would feel about your behavior?  Is it how xians are supposed to act?  I see an awful lot of pride, vanity and wrath, three deadly sins. 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +4/-52
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »
Perhaps you could answer this question, Plain Jane?
The RCC says that one is saved by faith in Jesus Christ. That is what other Christians say, too. Why? Because that is what scripture says.

Now do spring your "trap". I feel reasonably certain that you think you have one.

Because you have become convinced that it is true,

Jane,
How do you think jesus H would feel about your behavior?  Is it how xians are supposed to act?  I see an awful lot of pride, vanity and wrath, three deadly sins.

Oh the self-deception!

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2012, 01:58:59 PM »
The RCC says that one is saved by faith in Jesus Christ. That is what other Christians say, too. Why? Because that is what scripture says.

Now do spring your "trap". I feel reasonably certain that you think you have one.
No, I just wanted to see if you would recognize that there was a question if someone else pointed it out.  Doesn't seem like you even noticed when Velkyn mentioned it.

Though, perhaps you could cite the chapter and verse where Biblical scripture categorically states that one is saved by faith in Jesus Christ.  I'm especially curious to see who actually said it.

Quote from: Plain Jane
Oh the self-deception!
I see two questions you blew off with a mocking statement about self-deception.  Perhaps you could answer the questions screwtape posed to you?  This is why I've been calling you on your attitude.  You're too busy smugly patting yourself on the back for making snarky comments at atheists to even notice that you got asked serious questions.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »

Doesn't quite answer the spirit of the question: why would any person when present the Nicene Creed, versus the Shamnic one I proposed see that one was true, and one was not?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:26:41 PM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »
Indeed, I do, because I consider it to be hypocritical of you to engage in the same kind of behavior you complain about.  Oh, sure, you make a big deal about how it's so awful how the atheists treat you, but that's largely you exaggerating things.  Comparing what you say and how you act with how the people you complain about what you say and how you act, you certainly aren't any better and you might actually be worse.

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +4/-52
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »

No, I just wanted to see if you would recognize that there was a question if someone else pointed it out.  Doesn't seem like you even noticed when Velkyn mentioned it.
I didn't. That sad woman is on ignore, as are a couple of others. I only mock those who are capable of better. She does not appear to be.

Though, perhaps you could cite the chapter and verse where Biblical scripture categorically states that one is saved by faith in Jesus Christ.  I'm especially curious to see who actually said it.
The entire book of Romans is concerned with this and a couple of related questions. Acts 2:38 treats the question (READ THIS MESSAGE QUICK BEFORE HAL DELETES IT FOR PREACHING! You must know that linking to sections of the Bible to answer questions answered in it is preaching).

I see two questions you blew off with a mocking statement about self-deception.  Perhaps you could answer the questions screwtape posed to you?  This is why I've been calling you on your attitude.  You're too busy smugly patting yourself on the back for making snarky comments at atheists to even notice that you got asked serious questions.
I am actually glad that you all are so offended. Maybe you will take the next step and recognize yourselves and how you conduct yourselves with theists. As for serious questions, who can find them through all the mockery, misstatements of fact, etc? I have very limited patience with intellectual dishonesty, modelled beautifully by Hal in his Techno-alien thread and a poverty of imagination which is a really important quality to have if you are going to deal with abstract ideas.

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +4/-52
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »

Doesn't quite answer the spirit of the question: why would any person when present the Nicene Creed, versus the Shamnic one I proposed see that one was true and one was not?
I don't expect that anyone would accept it without previous engagement with the Church, with the Scriptures, etc. The Creed is a summary. It is not the whole.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2012, 02:30:09 PM »
Doesn't quite answer the spirit of the question: why would any person when present the Nicene Creed, versus the Shamanic one I proposed see that one was true and one was not?
I don't expect that anyone would accept it without previous engagement with the Church, with the Scriptures, etc. The Creed is a summary. It is not the whole.

If it is only through ones exposure, it being repeated numerous times and the culture that surrounds it, then how can you know the Islander Shaman is wrong and your Priest is right? How can you know you are not only believing in a false doctrine because of your birth circumstance?

Offline Alzael

• Fellow
  • Darwins +112/-23
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »
I didn't. That sad woman is on ignore, as are a couple of others. I only mock those who are capable of better. She does not appear to be.

I hope that doesn't include me. I thought I was your little demon-in-training?
"I drank what?!"- Socrates

"Dying for something when you know you'll be resurrected is not a sacrifice.It's a parlour trick."- an aquaintance

Philip of Macedon: (via messenger) If we enter Sparta, we will raze all your buildings and ravage all your women.
Spartan Reply: If.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +292/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2012, 02:37:32 PM »
That sad woman is on ignore, as are a couple of others.

Well, this explains why you refuse to acknowledge the fact that I created religion to get people into Hell.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +4/-52
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2012, 02:41:19 PM »
Doesn't quite answer the spirit of the question: why would any person when present the Nicene Creed, versus the Shamanic one I proposed see that one was true and one was not?

If it is only through ones exposure, it being repeated numerous times and the culture that surrounds it, then how can you know the Islander Shaman is wrong and your Priest is right? How can you know you are not only believing in a false doctrine because of your birth circumstance?
  Because I was brought up in the West in the modern era with all the advantages of a fine education, exposure to many cultures, freedom of speech, freedom of and from religion, so that I can ask any questions i wish to ask, of anyone I wish to ask them of. Not everyone has those advantages.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »

Jane-

Perhaps in your social circles it is appropriate to barge into someone else's home and start insulting the hosts and their family members.  Perhaps you haven't noticed, but Velkyn is a highly respected member of this community.  I can understand why you may not be particularly fond of her, and you are welcome to disagree with her.   But you are beyond rude and arrogant. 

I think your scriptures might have something to say about arrogance.  Maybe something like this?

Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed.

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2012, 02:59:53 PM »
I can't be bothered to answer all posts.

I look upon this as a blessing.  ;) 

I push back.

So do I. So far all I have seen from you is the rantings of a whiny, self-righteous bitch. If the good lord above asked you to move 3 feet to the left, you'd shove him 3 feet to the right and dare him to do anything about it. You don't worship a god, you are one.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2012, 03:03:32 PM »

Because I was brought up in the West in the modern era with all the advantages of a fine education, exposure to many cultures, freedom of speech, freedom of and from religion, so that I can ask any questions i wish to ask, of anyone I wish to ask them of. Not everyone has those advantages.

So you are stating that because you have more wealth, the religion you have is the correct one. Let us compare this hypotheical Islander, lets him have a college education, and compare with a dirt poor Christian from Northern Africa. Does your statement still stand? After all the Islander, who was raised with the god of his forefather is educated, certainly has been exposed to Christianity when going to the mainland college, does not question the religion of his forefathers because it was the one he was raised with. What is to seperate his circumstance and yours? Or the Hindu doctor you might go to?

Show me, logically, how do I differentiate between these contradictory claims.

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2012, 03:08:25 PM »
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.  Mockery seldom gets anything but more mockery.  Treat others as you want them to treat you, remember?

The entire book of Romans is concerned with this and a couple of related questions. Acts 2:38 treats the question (READ THIS MESSAGE QUICK BEFORE HAL DELETES IT FOR PREACHING! You must know that linking to sections of the Bible to answer questions answered in it is preaching).
Regarding the statement in Acts, that appears to deal with the repenting of sins in order to receive the Holy Spirit.  I'm not sure what that has to do with being saved (presumably, going to heaven, unless you meant something different).  I don't have time to review Romans at the moment, but I will do so later.

I am actually glad that you all are so offended. Maybe you will take the next step and recognize yourselves and how you conduct yourselves with theists. As for serious questions, who can find them through all the mockery, misstatements of fact, etc? I have very limited patience with intellectual dishonesty, modelled beautifully by Hal in his Techno-alien thread and a poverty of imagination which is a really important quality to have if you are going to deal with abstract ideas.
Who said I was offended?  I actually find it kind of sad that someone who describes herself as a Christian has so completely forgotten the admonitions in the Bible against returning evil for evil (Romans 12:17) and to turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39, Luke 6:29).  Perhaps instead of spending time denouncing other people here, you should spend some time considering how your own behavior might be part of the problem.

• Emergency Room
  • Darwins +4/-52
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2012, 03:25:39 PM »
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.  Mockery seldom gets anything but more mockery.  Treat others as you want them to treat you, remember?
Pot, kettle.

Who said I was offended?
Well, you whine about it incessantly. What else can explain that?
I actually find it kind of sad that someone who describes herself as a Christian has so completely forgotten the admonitions in the Bible against returning evil for evil (Romans 12:17)
Bingo! Your treatment of all theists is evil.
...some time considering how your own behavior might be part of the problem.
No it isn't. You are famous all over the world of theist/atheist forums for your aggressive behavior towards theists. You ban them without a 2nd thought. You have an administrator who deletes posts he doesn't like and none of you will entertain the notion that you might possibly be wrong. It is funny and sad at the same time.

Online Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2012, 03:38:06 PM »
You are famous all over the world of theist/atheist forums for your aggressive behavior towards theists. You ban them without a 2nd thought. You have an administrator who deletes posts he doesn't like and none of you will entertain the notion that you might possibly be wrong. It is funny and sad at the same time.

Why are you here, Plain Jane? This last post combined with the majority of your bitter post history is quite telling. Be honest- are you trying to be banned?
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +925/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
What do Christians agree on? Hint: Look at the Nicene Creed. Now, tell me how disagreements about whether Jesus meant to give away all one's belongings or not, impact the core beliefs of Christianity? Moreover, people who don't know what he means are usually the people who cherry pick. If they read the whole Gospel (really all of them) and thought about what they were reading carefully, there would be far fewer incompatible interpretations. Beyond that, as every student of literature knows, most texts have multiple layers of meaning. Part of the sheer joy of reading is to discover these layers and let them teach us.[1]
 1. I don't take kindly to being told to wade through your posts to find something, unnamed, that you want answered. I waste too much time here as it is. I am certainly not going to spend time looking at your posts.
(emphasis mine)

Plain Jane:
You say it is not worth your time to review my questions to you.
But....
a) You are willing to take the time to write about how my questions have no merit.
b)You have written several posts about how other people don't deserve to have their questions answered, either.
c)You have written posts listing all the topics you will not address and why.
d)You have also written more than once of how educated and knowledgeable you are on this or that topic.

That takes time and effort, plus it seems to be needlessly raising the level of hostility on this site, affecting you and everyone else here. Wouldn't it be easier to just answer the questions or say you don't know?

You are acting as if questions are somehow attacks on you. I am not attacking you. I don't even know you. But your behavior here is showing that you really don't want to (or don't know how to) engage in a reasonable, mature discussion.  That's okay-- I was a social worker for many years and am currently the mother of a 15-year-old girl. I am used to irrational behavior.  :D

Moreover, it's in my atheist creed to be nice to others, even when (and perhaps especially when) they don't deserve it. :angel: So, I am still going to treat you with respect, even though you are behaving immaturely to everyone and blowing me off.

You spoke about how a teacher should answer a student. If my teen daughter honestly asked you what she should do to be a good Christian, would you give her a mean, sarcastic remark? What would you tell her? To start studying ancient Aramaic? &)

To save you the trouble of locating and excavating my secret, well-hidden posts, here are some questions I want you to address: How does a Christian know whether a particular passage in the bible is meant literally, metaphorically or allegorically? What passages are the most important and what can be ignored or interpreted as the person sees fit? How does a person know if the church they are in has the correct interpretation of the bible?

The Nicene Creed does not deal with this issue. I am asking this as a person who was raised in a very bible-literal fundamentalist Christian religion.[2]

Why would anyone have to be a genius or a scholar of some arcane discipline to know what Jesus or god wants?  Most people around the world do not have the time or ability to study ANE languages or become doctoral level historians. Are none of them worth your time either? Or does everyone have to learn whatever it is you think we need to know before you deign to respond without sarcasm, hostility or insults?

BTW, religious discussion sites often don't even want atheists to participate. Once you say you are an athiest, forget about it. Ban city. We like talking to theists on this site, because they won't talk to us on their sites. You have not been banned--why are you talking about being banned without a second thought? :?
 2. For now I will save the topic of what kind of evidence a real god could have left besides the monumentally lame, universal "inspiration of a confusing book" .
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2012, 03:48:03 PM »
Jane,

Oh the self-deception!

So you think the guy who gave you Matt 5:43-45 would give you the thumbs up? 

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2012, 03:51:40 PM »
Jane,

Oh the self-deception!

Hardly so Janey. Mind if i call you Janey?
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2012, 03:58:32 PM »

Oh wow, so now you're putting folks on ignore? You're just proving my point, you refuse to debate your points so you rather just cover your ears. You're really aren't being fair here. Why is that so? What are you so afraid of?

The problem Janey is that the biblical verses is hardly the best answer. It proves nothing. The reason they were deleted for preaching is because they don't prove anything. They're just words that means nothing.

I am actually glad that you all are so offended.

Offended? Hardly princess. You're very much just shown that you're smug, inconsiderate, condescending, and ignorant. You refuse to answer questions and get upset when you're being questioned.

Maybe you will take the next step and recognize yourselves and how you conduct yourselves with theists. As for serious questions, who can find them through all the mockery, misstatements of fact, etc? I have very limited patience with intellectual dishonesty, modelled beautifully by Hal in his Techno-alien thread and a poverty of imagination which is a really important quality to have if you are going to deal with abstract ideas.

Oh wow, pot calling kettle much?

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2012, 04:05:14 PM »
No it isn't. You are famous all over the world of theist/atheist forums for your aggressive behavior towards theists. You ban them without a 2nd thought. You have an administrator who deletes posts he doesn't like and none of you will entertain the notion that you might possibly be wrong. It is funny and sad at the same time.

Janey, maybe you need to start looking at yourself, your posts, and what you've been doing. You've done nothing but treat others badly, ignored the answers given, proclaimed that you were right and they were wrong without giving any answers to your arguments, and now you are just, as i said, ignorant. The administrator wasn't "deleting posts he doesn't like" we have rules and we expect you to follow them, and you're breaking them. If he wanted to "delete things he doesn't like, then why were most of your posts still here? It was just the preachings you're doing. What's funny and sad is you crying persecution when there wasn't one.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:11:09 PM by Timtheskeptic »

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2012, 04:12:19 PM »
You are famous all over the world of theist/atheist forums for your aggressive behavior towards theists. You ban them without a 2nd thought. You have an administrator who deletes posts he doesn't like and none of you will entertain the notion that you might possibly be wrong. It is funny and sad at the same time.

Why are you here, Plain Jane? This last post combined with the majority of your bitter post history is quite telling. Be honest- are you trying to be banned?

Yes, she is.  She thinks that being banned at any point is being banned "without a 2nd thought". Even though we can have an entire thread to discuss and/or display the problems we have with her participation here, it will be irrelevant because the only "2nd thought" anyone could have about her is that she is god incarnate and we must bow to her. Anything less is totally unacceptable and we are all going to burn in hell.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2012, 04:26:50 PM »
You ban them without a 2nd thought.

I call bullshit. The process of the forum is:

If a person is caught breaking the rules and it is seen as an issue they receive a warning from a mod. Frequently it's more than one warning.  Behind the scenes the mods are working out the best way to deal with it (before you ask how I know, I used to be a mod).

If they persist beyond all warnings they are sent to the ER where we're able to address their behaviour and decide whether or not they're capable of obeying the forum's rules.

If they can't (usually after much discussion) they are banned.

If they convince us they can then they're welcome back out of the ER. Recent successful ER case, NATHAN, a theist, admitted he was trolling the forum and showed interest in sticking to the forum's rules and engaging the forum in a positive way, so now he's on probation, which means he's free to post and engage in discussions but mods are keeping an eye on him to make sure he sticks to the rules.

If it was as you say, then why do you think you're still here?

You have an administrator who deletes posts he doesn't like and none of you will entertain the notion that you might possibly be wrong

Wrong again. HAL actually said why they were deleted when he deleted them. There is a RULE on this forum against preaching. You preach you may find your posts are deleted.

none of you will entertain the notion that you might possibly be wrong.

We do, but we do actually get a lot of people like you who are arrogant, who make inaccurate assumptions (sometimes offensive) about us, refuse to accept or abide by the forum's rules and try running us around in circles. We simply choose not to tolerate it. We occasionally get theists who contribute positively to this forum and some are given the benefit of the doubt because they're trying to get it right. It's intense here and not everybody likes it, but they don't have to post here - we make no secret of the level of scrutiny we attempt on people's arguments and we make no secret of the fact we hold people accountable for the things they say. The same applies to all, not just theists. It works for some people, it doesn't for others.

It's a simple case of, don't like the way things work here? Don't post. There's other atheist/religious discussion forums out there to cater for different types of people. Unfortunately it seems a number of the people who do end up banned don't want to admit they were wrong, despite the fact they've been shown EXACTLY where they've broken the rules. Many don't want to be accountable for what they've said and that's where many fall.

Allow me to list to you all of the rules you've broken:

Quote from: The Rules
No Preaching
Trolling other forum members, grudge matches, soap-opera dramas, and other actions that staff members deem to be designed to disrupt threads or provoke hostile emotional responses from other forum members will not be tolerated.
Discussion threads are for discussion of the topic at hand, not simply advertising one's opinions. As such, forum members are expected to back up assertions they make, and not engage in stonewalling, shifting goalposts, changing the subject, or employing similar tactics to avoid addressing points raised against their arguments.

So when you inevitably get banned, understand it's not because we've refused to the truth and are simply close minded morons who like to bash theists. Understand that you, like many theists before you have come here and thought you were too special to be exempt from how things are run. Though admittedly, we've only had few as poorly behaved as you.

Seriously, it's not that difficult to engage with this forum. Out of the recent bunch, Magicmiles was probably the one to do the best job. Heck, when there was s**t dished out he was still able to stand his ground. But he knew how to respect other people, he knew how to interact with other people and he tried to keep up with how the forum works and did well in avoiding breaking rules and kudos to him, when it came to evolution, instead of doing what a lot of people do (barking strawmen from their lack of understanding of the theory and being authoritive on it) he did his background research and asked us questions to try and make sure he understood it right. He was also able to have a laugh with most of the forum's members and was generally quite liked. As a forum this is more the kind of thing we would like to see.

But actually, we don't. Believe it or not, but there is s**t we end up dealing with and get pretty sick of it. If you don't get a positive response, there's a good chance you've done something. I understand that not everybody is reasonable all the time. Generally people here do say when they think a peer is out of order. Sometimes we allow people to defend themselves [edit] and therefore they don't need us sticking up for them.

But I know you won't respond to this with anything meaningful because usually you don't. Where anybody's tried using reason with you you've mostly ignored them or simply laughed and called them stupid.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:52:43 PM by Seppuku »
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.