Author Topic: Does Quantum Physics prove alternate diminsions  (Read 3634 times)

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Does Quantum Physics prove alternate diminsions
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 06:42:16 AM »
are you a redneck? if you are - why you are calling me sir? common, put yourself together.

Non-sequitur. Ever heard of it?
Also, you haven't addressed any of my points. If you wish to concede, just keep dodging. If you wish to explain why I'm wrong, do so after learning what you're talking about.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline DRY_GIN

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 07:00:44 AM »
just so i dont look redneck myself,
Just so you know, photon ALWAYS fly with a speed of light. He is the light after all.

c is defined as the speed of light in vacuum. However, when traveling through a physical medium, photons slow down.
so you know, when photons tavel  though medium they dont travel, they appear and when disapear at the beginning of an medimum and when appear in the other end of a medium.
and this has nothing to do with photon speed.

Where is no collapsing, it just when you don't look a photon - he can try all possible ways to reach his destination.
But if you look at him he almost becomes a stupid particle, not a wave, and he, like moron, has to go a certain way, looking at you with ugly face.

Since your first language isn't English, I suggest you stop trying to use metaphors and analogies. Because they make no sense.
As for the photon, it's always a "wave". It just behaves like a particle in certain situations. Which you'd know if you had, you know, studied what you're talking about.
I know what im talking about - i also know what you talking about - it's called trolling , when you have nothing to say you start doing "since english is not your native language" comments in a way that somehow will (in your dreams) make you right. Keep doing it, it's your last reserve. I respect that.

You know, where is a big buzz about quantum computers based in all of this, you may read all about it in newsfeed.
The point is - the more you look at photon the more it becomes your bitch, and at certain level you can totally control it. I know is hard to accept that you can contlol something just by looking at it, but it happens in quantum physics and sometimes even in convenience stores.

Wrong. You, sir, are an idiot. Read about what you're trying to say, preferably in your native language.
Also, if you can explain what you're trying to say in your native language, I'd appreciate it, since you're not making any sense. As I said before - you're just stringing words together. Here's a comparison:
The way shampoo gets rid of dandruff can be explained by collapsing a matrix function, according to quantum physics.
See? Makes no sense whatsoever.
I said about trolling and native language, but here you just repeating yourself and trying to use shapoo to get more sarcastic.
What is the point of all of your replies?
If you have nothing to say - silence is your best friend.
common man, peace.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:04:47 AM by DRY_GIN »

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 07:03:57 AM »
*headdesk*
I'll leave this retard to someone else who has more patience than I do.

DRY_GIN, I'd say you're an embarrassment to all theists, but you're actually a good representation of the type of theists we get here - close-minded idiots who don't know what the hell they're talking about and dismiss everyone who tries to get them to learn as "trolls".
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline DRY_GIN

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 07:10:57 AM »
*headdesk*
I'll leave this retard to someone else who has more patience than I do.

DRY_GIN, I'd say you're an embarrassment to all theists, but you're actually a good representation of the type of theists we get here - close-minded idiots who don't know what the hell they're talking about and dismiss everyone who tries to get them to learn as "trolls".
I'm not theists, and i come to this site just because i agree with most of it.
Actually the only reason i reply to quantum topic is that im not allowed to post thread on the forum unless i post 3 comments.
This - just to show how great your imagination is, and how you can predict and analyze.
It's not that bad , but you just have to keep trying for a bit more...
And the reason why i registered here - is to provide 12th rationalization on why God can't heal amputees.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2012, 07:16:30 AM »
Not a theist? Could've fooled me with all that godspeak.
We choose our own gods.

Offline DRY_GIN

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 07:27:28 AM »
Not a theist? Could've fooled me with all that godspeak.
I agree, but the truth is the more you know the more uncertenty you have in your life.
So you at certain point can prove or disprove that deity exists or not exists, and it's not really related to their actual existance, it more related with your mood.
If you are a atheist soldier and you will fight to death with all who believe - when this is you choice really, its not a question is it that true or false, it's just your way of life.
Wherefor it is impossible to discusss your believes with you, - you will just fight to the end or die with honor (of course where is no honor in calling someone non-native english languadge to your benefits) but i guess you are a young soldier and you will learn it some day.
good luck!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:35:29 AM by DRY_GIN »

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +80/-1
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »
Religion is a bad thing.

Ah, so we agree here.  So far, so good.

All religions based on the fact that at certain point we could not prove or disprove something, so we start to believe.

Actually, it's more like people were ignorant of the way the word worked, so they invoked super-powerful beings to explain things.

People who say they don't believe in God could not prove it (unless if they uneducated and they believe in something stupid)

Again *we* do not need to prove the non-existence of god.  It is up to the theist to demostrate that god exist.  They're the one making the claim that a super-powerful being exists, thus, they need to showcase its existence.

Otherwise, I believe in the Mudflurp.  Since you have no belief in the Mudflurp, that means it is up to YOU to prove it doesn't exist.  I'm waiting.

In your comment you said you dont believe untill somebody proves something overwise but yet you believe it is not true without any solid evidence to confirm your claims.

Actually, we do have solid evidence that god doesn't exist.  It is the simple lack of evidence that we've received thus far.  In the thousands of years of human history, not a single reliable, verifible piece of evidence has shown up for any gods.  Gods are an example of something that has been repeatly asserted without evidence.  What's asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »
^
So to make story short - all people who don't believe in some kind of "Creator" can't prove their disbelieve, and think they are right untill someone provide enouth evidence to them to think otherwise. This is just a religion of disbelieve in itself.
You could not provide ANY creditable evidence that I said something wrong or incorrect.

I spend quite a bit of time proving that my point of view did not contradict with any law of physics.
I also made it clear that the more we know about universe, the more we know about underlying laws of physics  - the  more we come to understanding that it's not just random fluctiations, somebody needs to look at them for them to appear.

Dry Gin, I was specifically asking you to show how an observer causes virtual particles to come into existence, which is what you seemed to be claiming. The articles you linked to, as best I can make out, do not support that.

Lucifer's (btw, thanks L.) explanation agrees with those articles, in that an observer causes an observed phenomenon (photon) to assume a particular state. That I definitely do not dispute. But there is nothing about the observation effect actually creating photons.

If I've missed something in those explanations that says otherwise, please point it out to me. You're the one claiming such a thing is happening, so you need to show proof.

Isn't it sounds not logical to you that if where is truly no need for something to "oversee" our universe we whould of disprove need in him long time ago? And yet with any science advencement where is still a place for God, and this place is not shirnikg it's actually growing with our progress in science.

Our progress in science has shown there is no need for a creator to explain the existence and continuity of the universe. It's impossible to conclusively disprove a creator, as others have pointed out, but the lack (so far) of evidence for one means that we can disregard that explanation until such evidence appears.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2012, 12:08:28 PM »
Lucifer's explanation agrees with those articles, in that an observer causes an observed phenomenon (photon) to assume a particular state. That I definitely do not dispute.

Not exactly. Our observation does affect their state, since we're interfering, but it's random at best. Their state might have been different if not measured, but it's not the same as saying that they had no state before being observed.
I dunno if that's what you think, but I just wanted to clarify that.

EDIT: I also want to emphasize that this is based on my limited knowledge of quantum physics.
We choose our own gods.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »
Lucifer's explanation agrees with those articles, in that an observer causes an observed phenomenon (photon) to assume a particular state. That I definitely do not dispute.

Not exactly. Our observation does affect their state, since we're interfering, but it's random at best. Their state might have been different if not measured, but it's not the same as saying that they had no state before being observed.
I dunno if that's what you think, but I just wanted to clarify that.

EDIT: I also want to emphasize that this is based on my limited knowledge of quantum physics.

Thanks for the clarification.

Would it be an accurate restating to say that a photon has a number of potential states, and the act of observing causes it to assume just one of them?
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
Would it be an accurate restating to say that a photon has a number of potential states, and the act of observing causes it to assume just one of them?

Pretty much, but you must always keep in mind that it already had assumed a specific state before being observed.
EDIT: Also, note that this applies to any particles; not just photons[1].
 1. Although photons aren't actually particles, but you get the point.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Grimm

• Professional Windmill Tilter
  • Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-1
  • Apparently, the Dragon to be Slain
    • The Hexadecimal Number of the Beast
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »
Let's sum this whole thing up in simpler fashion, shall we?

Quantum Mechanics deals with the behavior of subatomic particles and their sometimes dizzying lack of common sense activity.

It does not deal with nor posit "God".

It does not deal with nor posit "the supernatural."

While it may appear 'magical' to the layman, unless you can understand the math, every single explanation is at best an approximation or summation of behavior, and is not a complete discussion of how something works to the point you can draw conclusions about it.  E.G., the observer effect is real, but it doesn't work like you think it does and it's not really explainable in specific terms unless you grok very advanced calculus.

(as an aside, the spellchecker here understands 'grok'.  I am happy. :) )

Further, while Quantum Mechanics is, itself, a bit weird (to say the least - and also very cool!), its end result is an ordered and actually fairly predictable universe.  Quantum Teleportation, for instance, is both cool and (fairly) common - but it has no bearing on whether a basketball will go through a table; in the universe, a basketball will NEVER go through a table.. even if an electron (or even a whole hydrogen atom!) can.  Using QM to account for any sort of higher-order phenomenon (like, say, 'miracle spring water' or 'homeopathy' or 'God') is a bit like using a chunk of toenail to extrapolate the qualities of the Empire State Building - irrelevant and, by default, a logical error of several orders of magnitude.

So.  Out of chaos comes an incredible amount of order - out of relationships we're just beginning to understand comes anthills to zebras.

QM has no bearing on 'God' - QM represents the rules of the fundamental pieces of nature, not the supernatural.

"But to us, there is but one god, plus or minus one."  - 1 Corinthians 8:6+/-2

-- Randall, XKCD http://xkcd.com/900/

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +599/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »
so you know, when photons tavel  though medium they dont travel, they appear and when disapear at the beginning of an medimum and when appear in the other end of a medium.
and this has nothing to do with photon speed.
Source?  Because this is completely backwards from the way photons are described.  Ala, photons don't teleport, they travel.  That's why we can see sunlight coming through the atmosphere, or underwater for that matter.

Quote from: DRY_GIN
I know what im talking about - i also know what you talking about - it's called trolling , when you have nothing to say you start doing "since english is not your native language" comments in a way that somehow will (in your dreams) make you right. Keep doing it, it's your last reserve. I respect that.
You clearly are not a native English speaker, and as such it can be difficult to understand you when you try to use English idioms or other colloquial forms of English.  Accusing someone else of trolling you because they point this fact out is both stupid and offensive, and you would do well to not jump to conclusions.

Regarding your earlier statement: "Where is no collapsing, it just when you don't look a photon - he can try all possible ways to reach his destination.
But if you look at him he almost becomes a stupid particle, not a wave, and he, like moron, has to go a certain way, looking at you with ugly face.
"

Photons are simultaneously a wave and a particle.  This has been shown beyond a reasonable doubt.  For example, a photon can interfere with itself, as waves do, but if its specific position is measured, it acts like a particle.

Offline Bix12

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 12:47:10 PM »
Well said, Grimm. There are those of us, like myself, that know very little about quantum physics. That being said, I do understand enough to know that the quantum world does not manifest itself in our world in any real sense.

In other words, as fascinating as it is, it does not affect our day-to-day reality. Too many people don't seem to understand that--they believe there is something magical, or even mystical, about Q.M.. They attach a sort of philosophical realism to it, that somehow quantum mechanics is our gateway into a magical realm where god lives. Utter nonsense, of course.

That's not to say that the quantum "world", if you will, does not exist. It most certainly does. I read once that human beings are at about the halfway point between the size of the quantum world and the size of the Universe. I don't know how true that is, but it seems true enough to satisfy my pea brain, anyway.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »
That being said, I do understand enough to know that the quantum world does not manifest itself in our world in any real sense.

Your understanding is clearly insufficient. Ever heard of the Photoelectric effectWiki?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Bix12

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 01:28:27 PM »
Your understanding is clearly insufficient.

Thank you. My statement was obviously incorrect. It was also ill thought out. What I meant to say was not what I wrote.  I stand corrected.