Author Topic: The Forum's Most Epic Ninja Moments  (Read 888 times)

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Forum's Most Epic Ninja Moments
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 06:12:57 PM »
I insta-killed 1000 people in a row on Way of the Samurai.  Side stance.  Points!
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 06:47:49 AM »
One time I was playing pool against one of my friends in the student union of my old university in london. I'm not very good at pool, but I do have my days- and this was certainly one of those! After beating him twice, he got rather pissed off, because he could tell that I was getting quite lucky, so he challenged me to yet another. I accepted.
Towards the end of the game, he had me snookered with his two last balls blocking me from the black ball and one end of the table. So, I decided to try and chip it, just to hit the black anywhere so that he doesn't get the two shots on his next go, which could really change the tide of the game.
I aim, pointing the cue downwards to try and get some lift on the white ball.
I finally go for it... both his balls cleared... it's going well! ...the white rolls on towards the black, still looking good... then "oooooh!" just missed the black! by the tiniest of slithers. My opponent smug, while the observers (our colleagues) and I took a moment to mourn the cool shot that didn't quite work out. But alas! it was not over! The ball rolled slowly on, hitting the cushion at the back of the table, and crawled back to the black, striking it lightly from behind. The black then rolled in to the side pocket and we went crazy! It was awesome! :D

I don't know.  When I used to play pool, (eons ago) we had to call the 8 ball. 

Offline BaalServant

• Graduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
  • Praise Ba'al really hard!
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 08:53:09 AM »
I don't know.  When I used to play pool, (eons ago) we had to call the 8 ball.

Oh, rats.  Upon the first reading, I had taken it that they had called the side pocket, only the cue took a longer route than expected.

Denied, RNS!  : )
.   ###$$$$$$$$$$$$###
   ################
   ###  PRAISE BA'AL  ####
 #### FOR THE ALTAR ####
##### OF BA'AL!!!!!! #####
####################

Offline RNS

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
  • Diplomat
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 07:02:42 AM »
Oh yeah.. we usually play that too, but I wasn't even trying to get it in. Everyone was so excited[1] that it went we didn't notice about it at all. I guess technically I didn't win :( I don't care though, it was still an awesome lucky shot!
 1. we'd had a few beers by this point
love and truth and love of truth

Offline Omen

• Professor
  • Darwins +105/-15
  • One of the fucking bad guys; not friendly, tiger!
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2012, 09:05:39 AM »
I once rolled snake eyes 5 times in a row.
"Religious faith is the antithesis to knowledge, it is the opposition to education, and it has to act in animosity against the free exchange of ideas.  Why? Because those things are what cause harm to a religions place in society most." - Me

Offline Tykster

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 10:34:48 AM »
Back when I smoked ordinary cigarettes I asked a friend sitting on the other side of the room for one. He tossed it to me, end over end, I caught between my lips, filter in mouth and coolly lit it up.

Never been any where close to that amount of cool since  &)
rhocam ~ I guess there are several trillion cells in a man, and one in an amoeba, so to be generous, lets say that there were a billion. That is one every fifteen years. So in my lifetime I should have seen two evolutionary changes.

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 02:29:29 PM »
Back when I smoked ordinary cigarettes I asked a friend sitting on the other side of the room for one. He tossed it to me, end over end, I caught between my lips, filter in mouth and coolly lit it up.

Never been any where close to that amount of cool since  &)

Okay, that is the epitome of cool...

Watch from 3:16  :laugh: -
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline jeremy0

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-12
    • Economics and Technology
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2012, 12:48:55 AM »
I beat the reflexes of a fly in texas (he must have just woken up - that's about impossible).  Uh, I swatted a fly with my hand...   :-[
"If you find yourself reaching for the light, first realize that it has already touched your finger."
"If I were your god, I would have no reason for judgement, and you have all told endless lies about me.  Wait - you do already. I am not amused by your ignorance, thoughtlessness, and shallow mind."

Offline RNS

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +12/-1
  • Diplomat
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2012, 08:13:59 AM »
The other day there was this insect. Not quite sure what it was, but basically this smaller more annoying version of a fly. I managed to "deal with it" by blowing at it as hard as I could. A few bursts of air against the window and there was no more buzzing. Didn't even need to touch it.
love and truth and love of truth