Author Topic: A suggestion and a question regarding the "Shelter" area  (Read 542 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
A suggestion and a question regarding the "Shelter" area
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:54:03 PM »
I just have a suggestion that should make it easier to follow the rules without affecting the whole "forum experience":
Users should be allowed to delete their posts. Some of us turned off the setting that enables notifications for new posts while we're typing/posting.

Now, regarding the rules... They don't differentiate between a discussion thread (where we discuss religion and such) and a feedback thread (such as magicmiles's). Was that an oversight, or is there a reason behind this?[1]
 1. Yes, I know I didn't say anything before. That's because I didn't foresee this.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
Re: A suggestion and a question regarding the "Shelter" area
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »
I was just going to contribute to Magicmiles's thread, but the Reply option is disabled.

What's going on?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »
I was just going to contribute to Magicmiles's thread, but the Reply option is disabled.

What's going on?

The admins are choosing which atheists can use it; presumably the ones who are always "nice".
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:47:53 PM »
Heh heh.

I don't think so, Luc.

Granted, I've been away from WWGHA since January and only noticed this 'Shelter' section today....

It's a good idea.

But the practical details need refining.

One, nobody wants to spend half-an-hour writing a reply only to have it deleted because it was the third reply rather than the second.

Two, even if one's reply is accepted, and the OP replies to it, one's subsequent response may be a few minutes too late, and so the conversation dies.

Offline Gnu Ordure

• Fellow
  • Darwins +109/-9
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
If I may offer a positive suggestion....

Each Shelter thread could have a parallel Commentary thread, to which late contributions could be moved.

The OP could then either ignore those posts, or reply to them in the Commentary thread, or incorporate them into their Shelter thread, as they wish.

And others can comment on the Shelter thread as it proceeds.