Author Topic: A letter to the editor  (Read 278 times)

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +35/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
A letter to the editor
« on: April 30, 2012, 06:20:08 PM »
This is a letter to the local newspaper about a student protest against Chick-fil-A wanting to bring in a restaurant to their campus.  From what I gather the students and faculty of the university don't like that the CEO of Chick-fil-A donates money to anti-gay groups.  Just thought I'd make everyone facepalm today.

Michael Murphy in his April 20 letter makes some interesting points in his efforts to discredit the Chick0-fil-A organization. 

He attempts to demean Exodus International and Focus on the Family as recipients of Chick-fil-A money, yet I have never seen organizations that truly love homosexuals more than those two. They do it by showing the homosexual that they, in fact, were not “born that way.”  Rather than promoting that politically correct myth, they argue that homosexual behavior results from parental and cultural influence, often accompanied by sexual abuse from a predator. 

Those homosexuals who decide that they will overcome their same-sex impulses and allow the return of natural impulses are some of the most courageous people I have ever met. They are aware that their impulses are wrong, in the same way that destructive attractions to alcohol or other drugs, overeating or gambling are wrong. They have decided to alter some deeply ingrained habits and replace them with habits more consistent with the body God gave them. They see the natural family of husband, wife and children as the essential foundation of the culture and want to see that family preserved. 

A sad reality, with which Murphy and I would likely agree, is the presence of some foolish and evil people who truly do hate homosexuals and advocate verbal and physical abuse, even death. Those criminals like the Nazis who preceded them should and will come to the same end that they advocate for the homosexual. There is no place for violence against those who are misguided about their sexuality. 

Are S. Truett Cathy and the Chick-fil-A organization anti-gay? Definitely not. I would propose that they love homosexuals more than homosexuals love themselves. If a tiny number of students are offended by that love they can eat elsewhere; but don’t allow them to control a university funded by taxpayers who very likely don’t buy their argument. 

— Kirk W. Boyenga, Springfield
http://www.sj-r.com/opinions/x206663485/Letter-Not-swayed-by-argument-against-Chick-fil-A
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +120/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
Re: A letter to the editor
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »
This is a letter to the local newspaper about a student protest against Chick-fil-A wanting to bring in a restaurant to their campus.  From what I gather the students and faculty of the university don't like that the CEO of Chick-fil-A donates money to anti-gay groups.  Just thought I'd make everyone facepalm today.
Facepalm? No, more like taking a tablet and hitting myself in the head, Holy Grail style.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +169/-6
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:29:23 AM »
the letter from Kirk.  Seems as willfully ignorant and as much as another Kirk.
Michael Murphy in his April 20 letter makes some interesting points in his efforts to discredit the Chick0-fil-A organization. 
He attempts to demean Exodus International and Focus on the Family as recipients of Chick-fil-A money, yet I have never seen organizations that truly love homosexuals more than those two. They do it by showing the homosexual that they, in fact, were not “born that way.”  Rather than promoting that politically correct myth, they argue that homosexual behavior results from parental and cultural influence, often accompanied by sexual abuse from a predator.
  what a hideous lie.  It’s so loving to tell people they deserve death and hell etc.  My question, is even if homosexuality is a choice (the evidence indicates this is not true), it is none of these pathetic theists’ problem.  And I do love how Kirk spread such lies.  Please do show the evidence that homosexuality is from “parental and cultural” influence. 
Those homosexuals who decide that they will overcome their same-sex impulses and allow the return of natural impulses are some of the most courageous people I have ever met. They are aware that their impulses are wrong, in the same way that destructive attractions to alcohol or other drugs, overeating or gambling are wrong. They have decided to alter some deeply ingrained habits and replace them with habits more consistent with the body God gave them. They see the natural family of husband, wife and children as the essential foundation of the culture and want to see that family preserved.
  Hmmm, as I recall, Paul said that *all* sexual urges are wrong and should be suppressed just the same way. Pity that Christians don’t enthusiastically enforce this as they would on homosexuals.   
A sad reality, with which Murphy and I would likely agree, is the presence of some foolish and evil people who truly do hate homosexuals and advocate verbal and physical abuse, even death. Those criminals like the Nazis who preceded them should and will come to the same end that they advocate for the homosexual. There is no place for violence against those who are misguided about their sexuality.
Indeed, a sad reality where such people like Kirk are so hateful and indeed stupid.  Dear Kirk, your god is the numero uno of those who advocate verbal and physical abuse and *gasp* even death.  Wow, your god is a criminal and a Nazi?  Who knew?   
Are S. Truett Cathy and the Chick-fil-A organization anti-gay? Definitely not. I would propose that they love homosexuals more than homosexuals love themselves. If a tiny number of students are offended by that love they can eat elsewhere; but don’t allow them to control a university funded by taxpayers who very likely don’t buy their argument.Kirk W. Boyenga, Springfield
  Hmmm, ChickFilA will not hire a gay person.  Seems pretty hateful right there. 

"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +644/-3
  • Entropy isn’t what it used to be
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:02:56 PM »
It makes one wonder how Chick-fil-A would respond if someone complained about the way they treat chickens.

"We love our chickens. We hate that we have to behead, de-feather, slice up and ruin via cooking so many every day..."
Never trust an atom. They make up everything!