Author Topic: End of the world May 27th 2012.  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
  • You're doin' my head in!!
End of the world May 27th 2012.
« on: April 29, 2012, 01:15:30 PM »
According to this guy WW3 and the end of the world will happen on 27th of May. So you have 4 weeks left. Better see the light while you have the chance.

April 29, 2012

As readers of this site know, May 27, 2012, is the time that I have stated as being the date Jesus Christ will return as King of kings over all government on this earth. For such an event to come to pass, the Trumpets of Revelation must all sound, the United States and dollar collapse, the ten nations of Europe arise to fulfill the final revival of the Holy Roman Empire, and Russia with China must unite against Europe in WWIII.

As an aside, readers of this site should also grasp that as far as prophecy is concerned, ten nations in Europe have already combined in association with one another to the degree that the mixture of clay and iron is fulfilled. All that remains is their entrance into a final war, a prophecy that can be fulfilled quickly, as this posting will cover.

Apparently he's a prophet so he should know.

But as the last apostle in this age, and as God’s end-time prophet, I am still telling people that this is true and that a short-lived WWIII is now at our doorstep.

http://www.ronaldweinland.com/

I'm adding this guys site to my favourites so we can see what he has to say on May 28th when we're all still here and not a pile of radioactive ash.

What I don't understand about these things is why the end is always so destructive? War, nukes, billions obliterated. Why go to all this rigmarole? If their alleged god wanted the wotld to end then presumably he would just do it himself. Like ending a game of "Civilisation" when you know you can't win. You just end the game and start again.
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: End of the world May 27th 2012.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 01:28:42 PM »
Well dammit.

My daughter is the lead kitten in her ballet production on June 3. 

Can't we put it off a couple of weeks?  We are both really excited about this show. 

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:33:12 PM »
I wonder if this will change the fish biting patterns?
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 01:49:02 PM »
3 days before my birthday?

In which case, you're all invited - I don't know my way around hell but I can see if Satan will throw us up a barbecue, maybe we'll all get maps when we arrive. I'm sure hell of all places would have a WiFi connections (I mean McDonalds & Starbucks have them and they're worse than hell), so I'm sure we could figure something out. I know Satan's busy and everything, but I'm sure he's the kind of guy who'd want to host a party. I mean come on, do you really think the guy who tries to stick it to God is going to punish those who have also stuck it to God? He's gonna party it out with them.

“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +753/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 01:59:15 PM »
I just sent good ol' Ron an email:

Ron

Just though you would want to know. The world will not be ending on May 27th. Biblical prophecy will not be fulfilled. JC will not return.

And not only will Jesus not return May 27, 2012, it will not happen at all during your lifetime. Nor will it happen during the lifetime of your children or your grandchildren or their grandchildren. It will never happen.

Because it is so darn hard to return when he was never here in the first place. It puts such a damper on ones plans.

I am obviously an atheist, and I am telling you that you are wrong. Your descendants 1,000 years from now may be making similar claims, but they too will be wrong. I am very curious about how long christians will wait around for their supposed son of god to return. I'm guessing a few million years, because you guys are suckers.

The bad part of course is that a few folks will take this so serious and be so frightened that they will kill themselves. And then May 28th will come along with no nukes exploding and no son of god walking around and no christians whisked off to heaven and you'll have some explaining to do. I assume you've already cooked up an excuse or two. I predict you'll tell us you misread something and that you are off a couple of months and you'll reschedule it for September 19th or something, and then that won't happen and you'll act all confused and let down and request a lot more donations to help you figure out what went wrong and your scam will continue for decades.

But it won't happen. I absofuckinlutely guarantee it won't happen. That's the big advantage of being an atheist. I get to be right.

You don't.

If I were you I'd start letting your kids know what you want for Fathers Day, because you'll still be here. I would suggest a book. Something by Dawkins.

Bob

I'll let you know if I get a response.

And Quesi, I've no doubt that your daughter will be the best lead kitten ever! How I wish I could be there.  :)
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 02:07:24 PM »
Damn, PP - too late, wanted to give you a +1 for your email
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Owen

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »
That is both my brother and my niece's birthday. Bummer.

What about the Mayan Calender? I thought we had until December 21st. Where is the complaint department for this kind of stuff?

I am going to download Ronald's book and see if it tells me anything useful.

http://the-end.com/2008GodsFinalWitness/?gclid=CIXX3Yni2q8CFc6a7QodtSqv_A

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +753/-6
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 02:21:21 PM »
It's the thought that counts, schnozz  :D

I got an automated response from the guys email apparatus. It suggests I buy his book to find out more about the end.

I read the response a little closer and found a new email address within, so I resent the letter.

I'll let you know if anything more fun happens.

(Thanks to Owen, I see that I can now get the book for free. Thats still not cheap enough.)

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »
That is both my brother and my niece's birthday. Bummer.

What about the Mayan Calender? I thought we had until December 21st. Where is the complaint department for this kind of stuff?

I am going to download Ronald's book and see if it tells me anything useful.

http://the-end.com/2008GodsFinalWitness/?gclid=CIXX3Yni2q8CFc6a7QodtSqv_A

It's not a bummer!  Think about the huge party you can have, and won't have to clean up afterward.

Yeah... that didn't work out so well did it? [1]
 1. Now how to get the car out of the pool...
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +181/-8
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 03:51:22 PM »
Quesi...lead kitten.  Congrats, I'm sure she will put the other kittens to shame.

This guy must not be very smart...well he is a prophet.  He should have picked Dec. 21st, 2012.  Then he might have gotten some credibility.

Damn, now another day to mark on my calendar.  These "end of the world" parties are getting kind of expensive. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 06:22:19 PM »
Quesi...lead kitten.  Congrats, I'm sure she will put the other kittens to shame.

This guy must not be very smart...well he is a prophet.  He should have picked Dec. 21st, 2012.  Then he might have gotten some credibility.

Damn, now another day to mark on my calendar.  These "end of the world" parties are getting kind of expensive. ;)

I don't think it would have gotten him any credibility at all. Choosing that date would be the equivalent of saying god told a bunch human sacrificing  pagan idol worshippers before he told us christians. Now we can't have that can we? It has to be any date but that one,
"Atheism is not a mission to convert the world. It only seems that way because when other religions fall away, atheism is what is left behind".

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 10:18:42 PM »
Well, based on this morning’s rehearsal, I would say that the main reason she was selected as the “lead kitten” is that she is one of the few girls in the 4-6 age group who actually knows the steps.

The show itself, I’m told, will last a little under three hours.  There may be moments during the performance in which I actually find myself wishing the world had ended days before.  Moments when my daughter is not on stage, of course. 

Nick and Parkingplaces, thank you for wishing her well.  I’m afraid the show is sold out, so there is no way I can get either of you tickets.  Insane mothers showed up before 5 am to get the best seats the day they went on sale.  My seats are front row.  Stage left. 

I do want to say, once again, that the Mayans never predicted the end of the earth in 2012. 

Silly new age white people made this prediction by imposing their own foolishness on the amazingly complex Mayan calendar. 

Offline Poseidon

• Graduate
  • Darwins +24/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 12:59:51 AM »
Woe is me, another crackpot is trying to stir up a frenzy.  I have no intention of ordering his book because it is probably written in tongues and I wont be able to read it.  (mmnble gnifft rekpzx.)   

Please tell me why we need to know the exact date of the end of the world. Like we can do anything about it?  I hope Doc Severnson or someone really good with a horn is scheduled to blow those seven trumpet sounds?

Speaking of showbiz, it is bad luck to wish Lead Kitten good luck, so we hope she will "break a leg". LK certainly has a proud mom. Lucky kid.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +558/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 08:32:28 AM »
Why do people need to know the exact date of the "end times"?  Because then they can take the time to put their affairs in order, with special assistance from people like Ron, provided they donate to help spread his message.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +753/-6
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 08:42:53 AM »
Just an update. No response yet to my second letter sent to the other email address.

This is it, in case any of you want to join in: thecofg@aol.com

The auto response I received from the first one gave instructions on how to find this second address. Having to jump hoops just get an aol.com address is so "90's".

Note: We have an end times prediction back in the 1840's to thank. Otherwise we wouldn't have Seventh Day Adventists. Because when jc didn't return, disappointed followers from that mistaken group  went out and made up a new religion after figuring out that the previous one wasn't worth crap.

They weren't any good at it either.

So we may see even more versions of religion soon.

Drats.

Offline Frank

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-20
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 08:33:18 PM »
I started this thread back in April. Well as we all know the world did not end on May 27th but I've just discovered this on the James Randi site.

A Union, KY minister is predicting Jesus Christ will return to Earth on May 27, 2012, more than a week before his federal trial on June 4 for tax evasion.

Ronald E. Weinland was indicted November 10, 2011 by a federal grand jury for attempting to evade thousands of dollars in income taxes.

The indictment alleges Ronald E. Weinland, 62, attempted to evade taxes in the amount of $357,065 over a period of five years starting in 2005.

Weinland's alleged acts of evasion included filing tax returns, understating his gross income, using church funds for personal expenses and failing to claim those funds as income on his income tax returns, and failing to report the existence of a bank account in Switzerland. He also allegedly failed to report any interest made on that account as income.

Weinland is a minister at the Church of God – Preparing for the Kingdom of God. According to his website, the church believes Jesus Christ will return to Earth on May 27, 2012 and start the beginning of WWIII. He is also author of the books The Prophesied End-Time and 2008 - God's Final Witness.

Weinland faces up to five years in prison if convicted of his crimes.

No wonder he wanted the world to end on May 27th. Another fundie bible thumper who thinks taxes are what other people pay.