Author Topic: Bill de Blasio!  (Read 180 times)

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Bill de Blasio!
« on: August 18, 2013, 10:46:23 AM »
I know most folks here are not NY'ers.  But I am just so excited, I need to scream this from the rooftops.

Bill de Blasio has taken the lead in the race for mayor of NYC!!!! 

I've supported de Blasio since Quinn was the only game in town.  Before Weiner decided that having nominally liberal policy stances would make the rest of us forget that he is a psycho.  (I could tell you stories that have nothing to do with sexting teenage girls).  And after two decades of Giuliani / Bloomberg, it appears that NYC is about to maybe, maybe, maybe have a decent mayor.

Here is an article on his new lead in the polls.  http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08/16/bill-de-blasio-is-the-man-for-new-york-city.html

And here is his new campaign ad. 

So for those of you who have never heard of the guy, when he becomes mayor of NYC, you can remember that you first heard of him here!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Re: Bill de Blasio!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 11:41:02 AM »
Nice fro.  I'm guessing he is against "stop and frisk".
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 01:40:18 PM »
Nice fro.  I'm guessing he is against "stop and frisk".

Only mayoral candidate to be flat out against it.  All the other candidates say that they need to look into it. 

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 02:08:56 PM »
If anyone ever "stopped and frisked" me for no reason I'd be suing their asses off. We're becoming a police state and it pisses me off. We have a RIGHT to privacy, and to protection from assault. It doesn't matter if they're law enforcement officers, frisking me without cause is assault. Plain and simple.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +819/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 02:18:32 PM »
From what I've read, he seems far to intelligent and far-sighted to be a politician. I'd be suspicious if I were you, quesi  ;D

Good luck New York. Otherwise you'll all be getting x-rated tweets from that other guy.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!